Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

What provider was that schedule screenshot from for Cartoon Network, Zap2it or TimeWarnerCable?

Just now, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

What provider was that schedule screenshot from for Cartoon Network, Zap2it or TimeWarnerCable?

Looks to me like it came from TV Guide's website.

The four parter was pretty great all in all. I'll try to make a review of it as a sole special later cause right now i'm tired.

Spoiler

I see they were waiting until the very end to do the obligary sonamy jokes lol. they were pretty funny actually.  when sonic said "no one wears pants!" that made me laugh. cause i mean he's right. he doesn't wear pants. and amy wears a skirt. 

Video highlights from Part 4.

Did anyone notice how at the end of Part 4, Friendbot and the Cubot prototypes ended up staying in Morris Town/Roboken? You can see them waving goodbye to Sonic and pals, as they head back to their homes. Looks like we might not be seeing Friendbot or the Cubot prototypes anytime soon, but at least they're in a better place. 

Also this is just a minor nitpick but although the final battle was pretty well animated and coordinate and was honestly pretty cool, I would changed the choice of music. I don't know, I think I prefer rock themes for battles in the Sonic franchise rather that the stock orchestal heroic music. Other that that it was a pretty great battle.

Hey, guys, just want to let you know that now that the entire "Robots from the Sky" four-parter has premiered, Boomerang will be airing the entire thing tomorrow at 6:00 PM in the usual hour-long timeslot for the show! If you missed a single part or just want to catch the entire story arc back-to-back, this is your chance!

I gotta say, this is a nice move. Didn't think the people behind Boomerang's schedule would actually do that. Frankly, this is the way it should have premiered, but beggars can't be choosers. At least they bothered to do this at all.

25 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Hey, guys, just want to let you know that now that the entire "Robots from the Sky" four-parter has premiered, Boomerang will be airing the entire thing tomorrow at 6:00 PM in the usual hour-long timeslot for the show! If you missed a single part or just want to catch the entire story arc back-to-back, this is your chance!

I gotta say, this is a nice move. Didn't think the people behind Boomerang's schedule would actually do that. Frankly, this is the way it should have premiered, but beggars can't be choosers. At least they bothered to do this at all.

I wish they aired all four of them on the same day sooner... 

26 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

Also this is just a minor nitpick but although the final battle was pretty well animated and coordinate and was honestly pretty cool, I would changed the choice of music. I don't know, I think I prefer rock themes for battles in the Sonic franchise rather that the stock orchestal heroic music. Other that that it was a pretty great battle.

I thought the music was epic, why change it?! 

Spoiler

Screenshots from Robots From the Sky Part 4

Just now, SpongicX said:

I wish they aired all four of them on the same day sooner... 

Like I said, that's the way it should have been.

Did anybody also notice the Zap2it Boomerang listing for June 10th does Not have a new Sonic Boom episode listed. So this could mean Cartoon Network is taking a break from having new episodes aired on Boomerang for a little bit to get caught up on CN. The last episode to air on CN was The Biggest Fan episode back in December 2016.

So I guess you guys could see what I meant when i said that Robots From The Sky is "Sonic Boom at its best', right? =P

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

So I guess you guys could see what I meant when i said that Robots From The Sky is "Sonic Boom at its best', right? =P

Definitely. This was worth waiting several weeks to see the entire thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was looking through Sonic Boom clips with Youtube's Google Closed Captioning turned on, and the results for two of them were so wrong, but so funny.

Spoiler

tumblr_oqn9wsnBVR1rhnd8ro1_1280.png
Watch the potty language, Hypnobot!

tumblr_oqn9zqs44O1rhnd8ro1_1280.png
This one looks so wrong out of context. It seems like Tails is looking up naughty videos and images of badgers, and Sticks is horrified by what he's watching. 

That was a neat ending!

Sonic and Amy’s interaction while fighting the robots was a cute moment, and I laughed when Sticks was sarcastic, (“Well isn’t that lovely.”) Knuckles finally makes a leg day joke, and that’s all I got from the humor side of it.

tumblr_inline_oqnp5qrNc11taxesp_1280.png

The majority of this arc was action packed, and this part showed the robotic counterparts of the team! Those models looked pretty neat, I wonder whether the bandages on Robo Sticks is a callback to her concept art? Also finally someone other than Sonic and Tails used the enerbeam!

Some neat moments included Sticks getting along with her robotic counterpart, pretty much the fight with their counterparts was neat, we got to see some of their abilities! Mighton and Bolts get some fighting time too, until Mighton gets hypnotized by Hypno bot.

latest?cb=20170528014446

One moment that I liked was when Tails rushes to shut down Hypno bot to save Sonic from Mighton’s fist. Everyone holding the robots back and later cheering in the end was a neat moment. Sad that Friend Bot doesn’t get to fight back against Eggman but it was neat to see him clean up the village though!

I didn’t notice it the first time but there’s a lot of choir music for the battles and that helped in putting a bit of tension and epicness to the scene!

With the arc over, I can say that it was a good one. It gave enough time for a story, had some really good action, and Tails gets some character development and a good moment in the end! There were bits of humor, but I felt it was more action oriented.

I hope we get to have more multi parter episodes in this season at least 2 parters, since we are halfway done with this season.

• Thumbs Up 3

While the whole cyborg thing was questionable, the episodes was pretty solid. Also I noticed that really none of the villagers appeared in it. The story arc was a decent attempt at making an arching story which I'm glad they tried to do. Though I'm going to be honest, I wasn't really fond of Hypno-Bot as I felt his motives were pretty much dull and misguided. It was satisfying to see Tails to unhesitantly finish him off. 

Now's there a video of next week's episode's French version. 

13 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Did anybody also notice the Zap2it Boomerang listing for June 10th does Not have a new Sonic Boom episode listed. So this could mean Cartoon Network is taking a break from having new episodes aired on Boomerang for a little bit to get caught up on CN. The last episode to air on CN was The Biggest Fan episode back in December 2016.

We don't actually know yet. Probably on the day before Flea-ing from Trouble, there needs to be new Sonic Boom episodes in June, so be patient for new episodes in the summertime.

I checked out French Wikipedia and saw some episodes that didn't air in the U.S.

Also I have a question about Perci's sister Staci: on Sonic Boom Wikia it's stated that her voice actress is Nika Futterman but I don't recall her having a speaking role. Is this true? 

20 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

If " this was okish" is at its best. 

Sonic boom is... that's not good at all. 

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

In terms of action and animatio it looks pretty good. But on story and dialogue it could still have a lot of improvement. Then again Boom's forte is comedy so i'll doubt we'll be seeing a plot that can actually take itself seriously. But for what it was I liked it.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

In terms of action and animatio it looks pretty good. But on story and dialogue it could still have a lot of improvement. Then again Boom's forte is comedy so i'll doubt we'll be seeing a plot that can actually take itself seriously. But for what it was I liked it.

the action was fine, the story was ok. But that's it, I guess I got my expectations out of check, hoping that it would the sort of proof of why this should exist, but it was just... ok. It also didn't help that didn't care too much about what was happening because there wasn't enough established or someone chewing up scenery to get to care too much. 

Maybe next time , there are other several parter's right? maybe those will improve. 

As far as a plot taking itself seriously, we will see. 

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Considering you haven't even been into this show since it began, that's not saying much. Honestly, I'm more so baffled why you're still watching it...but eh.

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

As far as a plot taking itself seriously, we will see. 

A show designed to be a comedy/sitcom isn't going to "take itself seriously". Although the show has added more action with season two, and a little more character development, there's still going to be tons of humor and wacky behavior.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I finally watched the final part of Robots From the Sky, and I loved it! I didn't realize how many things I missed out on watching the French version first. Now that I've seen it in English, all the witty jokes and banter are in full effect and it made me love the special even more than I originally did. The action and animation was top-notch. The music was epic as well (that choir tho). And the Robot Team, oh my gosh, do I love their designs. The part where they teamed together was awesome, and the banter between Sticks and her Robot self was hilarious. But most importantly, the ending, where Tails starts rushing towards Hypnobot to stop Mighton from hurting Sonic. That was incredible. Seeing all of the other members of the team support Tails by stopping all the obstacles and cheering him on after he stopped Hypnobot, really shows that despite having many differences, like personalities, likes and dislikes, and so many more, they're still a Team. One that really cares about each other.

Hoo boy, that was definitely worth the wait. And... what? They're showing the episodes all together in one sitting? If they're capable of doing that now, why couldn't they have just spared us the trouble and did that from the get go. Sigh, whatever. What's done is done, I suppose. All that's left to do is wait for next week's episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... there might be more multi parters, according to Mr.Denton and Hahn.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlanTheWriter/status/868663984110436352

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsGregHahn/status/868591288437792768

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsGregHahn/status/868588878248124416

This one states there might be a two parter.

Who wants to bet it's the Season finale?

• Thumbs Up 3

The finale definitely. Something tells me we haven't seen the last of the Roboken citizens! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the return of Shadow and Metal Sonic. I honestly think it would be nice to know about Shadow's past in the Boom canon. Also do you guys and girls think that the writers of the show look at SSMB from time to time? 

On 5/29/2017 at 1:14 AM, blazefan519 said:

So I finally watched the final part of Robots From the Sky, and I loved it! I didn't realize how many things I missed out on watching the French version first. Now that I've seen it in English, all the witty jokes and banter are in full effect and it made me love the special even more than I originally did. The action and animation was top-notch. The music was epic as well (that choir tho). And the Robot Team, oh my gosh, do I love their designs. The part where they teamed together was awesome, and the banter between Sticks and her Robot self was hilarious. But most importantly, the ending, where Tails starts rushing towards Hypnobot to stop Mighton from hurting Sonic. That was incredible. Seeing all of the other members of the team support Tails by stopping all the obstacles and cheering him on after he stopped Hypnobot, really shows that despite having many differences, like personalities, likes and dislikes, and so many more, they're still a Team. One that really cares about each other.

Hoo boy, that was definitely worth the wait. And... what? They're showing the episodes all together in one sitting? If they're capable of doing that now, why couldn't they have just spared us the trouble and did that from the get go. Sigh, whatever. What's done is done, I suppose. All that's left to do is wait for next week's episode.

One thing I also noticed is that the villagers aren't present in the episode. I don't want to be mean but it was pretty refreshing.

I don't think you get by what I mean by take itself seriously. And i'm going to to... hold myself back from " stop pretending that sonic boom exists in a vacuum where other cartoons exist rant ". 

But I watch adventure time and steven universe, heck even MLP and all of them have moments where things aren't constantly joked about, its at hing, and its taken strait and its meant to be important. And I feel like the lack of balance between these moments is what hurts the show. Because the comedy sitcom aspect isn't good enough to carry that by itself. I also watch gumball, that shit doesn't take itself seriously at all, is a silly show for silly people. But that show is frigging hilarious ( and wonderful to look at ) and sonic boom is just eh. If you wanna do comedy do comedy , I would totally watch an all comedy sonic show. One of my favorite shows on that network was the loony toons shows, and it was sienfield loony toons for the most part. And I loved it, because it was funny, I like funny cartoons. But if you are trying to be a funny cartoon, and aren't that funny, where does that leave you? And that's how I feel about sonic boom

I don't like every time someone suggests hey maybe this show can take itself more seriously people think people want to change the show, no. There are other, much better cartoons in existence right now, that not only can balance comedy but can then when push comes to shove take itself seriously to a more interesting story. Or if they are going to just be funny, be actually genuinely funny instead of not that and sort of boring and meh. Sonic boom does not exist in a vaccume , and i'm quite tired of this shows defenders pretending like it does. 

11 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Considering you haven't even been into this show since it began, that's not saying much. Honestly, I'm more so baffled why you're still watching it...but eh.

Because I would like it to be good, I like sonic, and I think it has potential. 

But to realize that potential its going to have to aspire to be more than a D+ C- student. 

There are shows that are just garbage like gotham but I keep watching because its delicious garbage. But this is something that has potential and constantly disappointing me by not realizing it. Not just the show, all of sonic boom, its an entirely different sonic universe and for the most part its yet to use that in any interesting way or fashion that justifies its existence. I read a lot of comic books, so the premise of alternate worlds or versions of characters is not foreign to me, I love them. Ultraman and The Crime Syndicate of america is my favorite version of the Justice league. Ultraman snorts kryptonite for gods sake.  But the reason that's interesting because its a vary wild or just interestingly different take on these characters. 

Sonic boom doesn't have that, and it has potential to, it has the potential to present different versions of these characters in good an interesting ways. To reference a more comedic show, the loony toons show has widely different interpretations of every single character in the show with new flaws and interests to really make them who they are. And while the world is sorta of different it hasn't explored any location interesting enough to make it note worthy. 

But here's the thing, it has potential. There are no chaos emeralds but shadow still has chaos control, they have a whole world of shit to see, they have ruins with connections to specific characters. They have a society instead of infested with uninteresting human characters, now has the potential to fill them with interesting animal designs ( though truth be told a lot of those designs have been dull) . To get back to shadow, his whole character, to get back to the rest of them, team sonic's characters. There is potential here to use these elements to take interesting turns with this version of sonic. 

And they have yet to do any of that. It has been mostly generic and uninteresting for a most part the show and this part of the franchise. It has been like one of those early 2000's platforms that everyone forgot with a jungle background one of those, but with sonic. Its been sonic and the power of joojoo and it has the potential to be ratchet and clank. And I want it to realize its potential. 

So that's why I watch, and look out for the games. In the hopes that someone in charge goes " lets try and make this unique and interesting beyond ' its different' and diversify and justify its existence among the sonic landscape" 

• Thumbs Up 3