Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

5 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

Well, season 3 is apparently already in development according to that facebook conversation with a french storyboarder (or was he a writer? I don't remember). Bill said that episodes take 18 months to make, and "Give the bees a chance" was written in 2015, so they know if there is a third season by now.

Also, I believe it's a good thing that Sonic Boom is off from that shit CN, it deserves better, so even if CN doesn't renew Boom for their next tv season, it doesn't mean the show is cancelled, it's not like Sonic Boom is owned by CN. I'm sure another network will pick it up.

That would be more well said, if the show were already treated better elsewhere. 

Isn't the whole Season 3 thing a rumour though? I'm gonna wait for actual confirmation whether it's happening or not.

I checked Zap2it's again and looks like Eggman's Brother is airing on 22nd April and then the new Do Not Disturb episode on the 29th.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/sonic-boom/episode-guide/EP02040281?aid=tvschedule

So it's obvious by this point that CN has screwed with Boom's scheduling deliberately and has now pretty much dumped it on Boomerang, leaving it for dead. As I suspected, in other words.

What I don't understand is why. What do they possibly have to gain by doing this? Surely a successful programme is of mutual benefit to both them and SEGA?

Intentionally trying to sabotage or minimise a show that they, as a network, have agreed to pick up for two seasons now is remarkably counter-productive. If they knew they were going to be like this, or indeed if they don't want anything to do with Boom as many have theorised, then why did they so readily snap up the rights to the broadcasting?

What's the point of owning the rights to one of the most recognisable IPs on Earth if you're then not going to make the most of it and instead chuck it onto a niche channel few people have access to as soon as SEGA's back is turned?

It honestly perplexes me.

• Thumbs Up 4

52 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

*snip*

Because cartoon network is and always has been just...kinda stupid? They killed a bazillion shows back in 2007 or something, even good ones, just for the sake of new content. They tried and failed hard at some hideous attempts at sitcoms, adaptations of things like MAD magazine, and any number of other bad decisions just in the hopes that it might bring in more viewers a single time than quality entertainment and would over multiple, and when it comes to what goes on in the meantime, it just seems that the scheduling department doesn't care at all about what they air when they're not contractually obligated to do so. They dump so many goddamn hours of each day into rerunning Teen Titans GO even when the ratings of that aren't particularly healthy anymore. They give the shaft to their more popular better shows like Steven Universe and Adventure Time even when those have had months worth of episodes ready to air, and only elect to shove them all into awkward bomb events so they only have to be shown once and maybe take in more views than if they just wired them all once a week. But even then, when there is one of these bombs or the odd Steven episode that airs for a week or two, they never, never actually advertise anything about the shows outside of when they're currently airing.

It's just kind of a horribly run network that doesn't account at all for what the people watching are actually into, and it's beginning to give many tube impression that they're actively trying to lower the ratings of some of these shows so that they can cancel them and fake-blame it on consumer interest being too low.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

*long explanation of why CN is messing with Boom and other shows*

Well, I say they need to change this strategy and fast, because when TTG! finally ends or loses its fans, what do they have to fall back on? Not a lot. Many of their shows have either ended recently or are about to end. Sure, there are more new shows coming for them, but who knows how well those will do with TTG! breathing down their necks?

A good channel needs variety, or else it will lose viewers that aren't interested in watching one show over and over. That's bad for business. Thus, shows like Boom need more airtime and exposure.

So there is no reason for them to be going down this route.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Soni said:

On a more lighter note, the classic LMC trio of @AAUK, @DoubleXXCross and @SSF1991 are here to bring you the first part of Flynn Boom Commentary!

Lmao at the Donnie's Highlight intro/theme playing while Kevin states his thoughts about the episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Lmao at the Donnie's Highlight intro/theme playing while Kevin states his thoughts about the episode.

That's always been a thing for Donnie's Highlight for the Uncutting Crew.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Soni said:

That's always been a thing for Donnie's Highlight for the Uncutting Crew.

I know that, though this time the theme plays early and while it drowns out Kevin's words.

• Thumbs Up 1

New episode title and summary, courtesy of {x}:

"Sticks and Amy's Delightful Vacation at Home": While the boys are gone, Amy and Sticks have a girls' weekend at home. When Belinda learns that the gang is not there, she plans an attack.

Belinda is Charlie's wife, for those who don't remember.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, sinclair said:

New episode title and summary, courtesy of {x}:

"Sticks and Amy's Delightful Vacation at Home": While the boys are gone, Amy and Sticks have a girls' weekend at home. When Belinda learns that the gang is not there, she plans an attack.

Belinda is Charlie's wife, for those who don't remember.

Ooh boy this should be interesting to see some more of Belinda and what she can do!

I have a feeling that this episode is gonna be written by Evan Stanley.

I mean, didn't a hypothetical sleepover episode that Drawerloverlala drew a couple of months back and Stanley responded to that, saying it's closely accurate.

Might just be me tho.

• Thumbs Up 3

42 minutes ago, Soni said:

I have a feeling that this episode is gonna be written by Evan Stanley.

I mean, didn't a hypothetical sleepover episode that Drawerloverlala drew a couple of months back and Stanley responded to that, saying it's closely accurate.

Might just be me tho.

Yeah, I also have that feeling. If so, I'm sure she did a good job on it.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that Evan Stanely was supposed to be writing episodes, too. I can't wait to see what she brings to the table.

3 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I was thinking the same thing! It could be possible!

I wonder how many episodes she wrote...

Two, I believe.

Probably about as much as Flynn.

Well this just came out of the blue.

Boom has been nominated for yet another award!

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Soni said:

Yet CN will still neglect the heck out of it...

46 minutes ago, Soni said:

Again?! Jesus. All this is doing is reminding me how terrible the show is being treated. But even though it's being treated badly, it still manages to come out on top. I just wish that CN and Sega would realize that.

i finally watched Mombot and Muckfoot!

Mombot was adorable! i laughed a lot, i loved that Cindy was Mombot's voice actress too XD and seen Beth the shrew (played by Sticks VA, EDIT: it was colleen, XD lol, it was super cute voice anyways ) interacting with Tails,  we almost don't see Tails interacting with other kids and he acting like a teacher or big brother was pretty nice! also Knuckles showing his playful side with children XD because i loved when in MultiTails he played with all the Tails it was cute and now with Beth and Tails again by playing baseball :D i was wailing to see more of that!

Muckfoot was really nice too, although i though at first it was kinda unusual that villagers inmediately believe what Tails showed them.. but thinking that at least since Mombot, Tails has been gaining some respect from the villagers?? i mean he was the judge on the science project contest for children and was also considered a great genious by the very own Mayor so maybe that's why....(well...probably not but it was an interesing reason lol)  anyways i hope he keeps gaining suport from his friends and people.. heh

ah and it surprised me so much that Tommy Thunder had electric powers (or he used electric arrows?? XP )EDIT: he used electric arrows  hehe...))  and knew how to use a bow? hehe i though he wasn't skilled at nothing but i actually liked that a lot!

Spoiler

oh also i watched the "sonamy" parts for City in the Sky in french episode lol people already posted them (only those) on tumblr and translated them.. i didn't wanted to look further for the entire episoes tho.. i enjoy series when these have no new episodes everyday XD i enjoy them more like if these are updated in a period of time..

and well i'm just going to say that the animation looks so awesome!! the face animation at least.. was fluid kinda like in the first episode of season 1!! and that makes me so happy ^_^ 

Edited by Drawloverlala
it was colleen, electric arrows
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Soni said:

Beth the Shrew is voiced by Colleen, not Futterman

oh :D ok! XD my bad hehe thanks for correcting me!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Drawloverlala said:

oh :D ok! XD my bad hehe thanks for correcting me!

No problem and also Tommy Thunder didn't have electric powers, the arrow he shot was electrical.

Sad news for those who may have liked looking at the screenshots or clips of new Sonic Boom episodes, because my computer was infected with a nasty Trojan that causes my programs and PC to reset about every 2 hours, or sooner.

I'll still be able to watch new Sonic Boom episodes by watching Sling TV on my iphone, along with giving reviews, but I can't guarantee my PC will be sturdy enough to be able to capture and record episode footage, without crashing or freezing.

I hope I can get it fixed before Saturday, or I'm out of luck... Another reason for me to wish CN would stop treating this show so poorly, it takes them forever to air these on demand, and even longer for those demand episodes to reach Sling TV on demand...