Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Man I really wish CN would just freakin' air the show. It's really hard to discuss something that I can't even watch until like, one hour later. But i'm hearing good things about the episode so far.

Cindy did a pretty good job. Not bad for a first time writer. The episode was very sweet and funny. Also knuckles becoming a mother to the crystal, I want to see more of that. Lol 

• Thumbs Up 2

Give Bees a Chance was amazing! It's now one of my favorite episodes of the series! It was so cute, and was definitely one of the most emotional episodes. To think I originally thought the idea of this episode sounded dumb, but oh man, Cindy Robinson did an incredible job with writing this episode. the bond between Amy and her new pet bee bot was honestly adorable. 

The episode starts off with Mr Slate announcing he found a rare sapphire, but he has no use for it, and gives it to Sonic and the gang. They even throw in a hilarious reference to the Master Emerald, by having Knuckles volunteer to look after it. Knuckles mentions how he's been getting too many complaints about not watching over any gem. I thought that was pretty funny. Eggman then tries taking the sapphire, using a bunch of bee bots. There were even a few references to Sonic and Amy having a secret relationship again in this episode. When Sonic wasn't being specific enough about  directions in protecting the sapphire, Amy mentions how communication is important in a relationship, and Sonic responds "Relationship? Who said anything about a relationship?..." Shortly after the battle, Amy looks in pity upon Orbot and Cubot picking up after the bee bot scraps, and she begins questioning what ever happens to the robots they destroy. She then comes across a bee bot that is in pain, and she suddenly feels sorry for it. She takes it in for Tails to repair. Tails modifies the bee bot to be less hostile, and we get a montage of Amy growing a bond with Bea. It was really cute to see Bea flying through a hoop, and getting rewarded with metalic nuts. I honestly awed every time Amy would hug Bea, and Bea would give out some affectionate buzzing noises, it was so adorable. 

However, when Eggman notices Amy running around with one of his bee bots, he uses his arm remote to control Bea, and he forces Bea to return back to his lair with him. The scenes that follow were kind of sad to be honest. Amy was just so depressed to see her pet run away from her, and I really liked how Sonic and the gang tried their best to cheer her up. We see Knuckles put a birthday hat on Amy, and she's still crying, we see Sonic and the gang try to bake her cupcakes, and she's still crying, and we see Tails pull out her scrapbook, filled with images of Bea, which once again causes Amy to keep crying. I really felt so bad for the characters during that scene, I really felt for Amy's loss, and I really felt Sonic and his friends were really trying to help her. There was also a real funny part where Sonic decides to sit down next to her, and he says "I can't believe I'm saying this, but... Let's talk about our feelings..." Amy suddenly cheers up, and right when she's about to get some stuff off of her chest, Eggman interrupts and tries taking Knuckles's sapphire. However, Eggman brought a bunch of bee bots, and Amy ends up fearing that any one of those bee bots could be Bea, so she desperately prevents her friends from fighting, and Eggman gets away with the crystal. 

The gang decides to go after Eggman, but Amy apologizes and says she can't go with them, if Bea is going to be destroyed, she doesn't want to be a part of it. However, Amy looks through her scrap book, and notices how happy Bea was with playing with her hoola hoop, and Amy has an idea. She then meets up with the gang fighting Eggman, and pulls out her hoola hoop, which snaps Bea out of it's trance, and flies over to play with Amy. However, Eggman uses the sapphire to power his Mega Bot, and Mega Bot shoots Bea into pieces. Amy is furious, and unleashes a bunch of mighty hammer swings on the mega bot, until the sapphire crystal flew out of it, one little piece of the sapphire chipped off, and Tails made sure to pick it up, while Knuckles reclaimed the rest of it.

Amy is then crying over Bea's death, and Tails decides to rebuild Bea, using the energy from the chipped off piece of the sapphire, and he makes sure to spray paint Bea pink, so they don't have to worry about it blending in with the other bee bots every again. Amy and Bea are then hugging each other with affection, and the episode ends with Amy and Bea looking through one of their scrap books. Amy closes the scrap book, and Bea and her go out to play.

Bravo to this episode, it was so cute, and funny at the same time. I really hope we see more of Bea in future episodes, because she was so cute as a pet for Amy.

• Thumbs Up 3

We got a small tease of one of the episodes Evan Stanley wrote for Season 2.

Will post some of the highlights of both week's #AskSonicBoomCrew sessions, btw it also trended this week as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Soni said:

Will post some of the highlights of both week's #AskSonicBoomCrew sessions, btw it also trended this week as well.

Thanks for the highlights, really appreciate it. And it trended again? *sigh* Another sad reminder of how great this show is, but no one in America wants to promote the darn thing. Hopefully the major success it has in other countries will make it be able to have another Season and then it could move to Disney or Netflix so it actually can be treated properly. Pokemon moved, so I don't see why Boom can't.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disney should have gotten it in the first place to begin with tbh. But I heard CN has a thing with French animation studios so thats probably why it ended up there. but man do they treat it poorly.. this show could be a lot more succesful if the network actually cared.

• Thumbs Up 4

Screens for today's new episode.

Spoilers ahead!

Here are a few clips I uploaded from today's new episode, including highlights and best moments from tonight's new episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if "Give Bees a Chance" might have aired one episode a little too early. Did anyone catch how Eggman mentioned "Mom Bot" at one point in the episode? Mom Bot isn't set to debut until next week's episode. If it's implied that this episode was supposed to air after Mom Bot, then I think that could imply that Mom Bot doesn't get destroyed in the end of that episode, or that Eggman somehow ends up stuck having her around the lair. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I finally got around to watching "Give Bees a Chance" and I gotta say, it was a really great episode. It's definitely over taken "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies" as my favorite Amy episode. Where to start? First, I love the references this episode had. Knuckles saying that people have complained about him not watching "rare stones", which is obviously a reference to the Master Emerald. The fact that the Sapphire Crystal was found in the same area Charlie found his Mech Suit in season one, which was said to be made by the ancients, leads me to believe that the Crystal is actually a Chaos Crystal, and after doing a google search, it looks similar to one of them, just in a slightly lighter tone. There was also that bit at the beginning where Sonic is on his communicator and Tails responds "Roger", then Knuckles proceeds to ask who's Roger, and Sonic says he's talking to me. That might have been a clever reference to the fact that Sonic's voice actor's name is Roger.

There were some great jokes in this episode as well. For instance, Knuckles caring for the Crystal and giving it a name, Amy telling Bea to play dead and it just explodes, and a lot more that I can't think of off the top of my head. But let's talk about the star of this episode, Amy Rose. I think this was the best she's ever been written in the series (second being in "Unnamed Village). We get to see her pacifist and caring side, when she doesn't want to risk hurting the other Beebots at the chance of them being Bea. We get to see her psychiatric side, when she wants to talk about her feelings with the gang. And we get to see her aggressive side, when she fights Megabot due to Bea getting hurt. None of those sides felt overpowering and her emotions made sense, which is something other Amy episodes have failed to do. Cindy Robinson did a great job writing her character her, and for her first time, she did great! Hope to see the other voice cast get to write an episode about their character as well.

Also, the scene where Bea gets hurt and Amy gets mad kinda reminds me of in Adventure 1, Zero hurt Amy's flicky and she reacted the same way. Wonder if that was intentional or not. Either way, this was a great episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

The MomBot namedrop is probably just a tease for next week's episode, stuff like this has happened before. Like the appearance of Zoey and Perci in Battle of the Boy Bands and later appeared in Tails' Crush and Fire in a Crowded Workshop, respectively.

Bill did say the episode aired out of order, so there's your answer.

11 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

There was also that bit at the beginning where Sonic is on his communicator and Tails responds "Roger", then Knuckles proceeds to ask who's Roger, and Sonic says he's talking to me. That might have been a clever reference to the fact that Sonic's voice actor's name is Roger.

The best part is, Roger actually used his regular voice for that line, which only enhances the joke!

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

The best part is, Roger actually used his regular voice for that line, which only enhances the joke!

Nice. I actually didn't notice that at first, but that makes the joke even funnier lol

22 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I saw this on a scheduling website and it looks like recent Sonic Boom episodes will continue to replay on Cartoon Network starting April 8th at 6:00 am

I don't know if it's real, but we can only hope

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/sonic-boom/tv-listings/715946/

sonicboom.PNG

It will take forever for CN to get caught up with all the episodes they slacked off on, they still haven't aired any HD episodes since after The Biggest Fan, excluding the On Demand episodes. They need to air a marathon!

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

It will take forever for CN to get caught up with all the episodes they slacked off on, they still haven't aired any HD episodes since after The Biggest Fan, excluding the On Demand episodes. They need to air a marathon!

HA! A marathon of Sonic Boom? Please. We'll get 20 marathons of TTG before we ever get a marathon of Boom. That's incredibly sad because it's freaking true.

26 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Also, the scene where Bea gets hurt and Amy gets mad kinda reminds me of in Adventure 1, Zero hurt Amy's flicky and she reacted the same way. Wonder if that was intentional or not. Either way, this was a great episode.

I was more reminded of the scene from Sonic X, when Eggman broke her seashell bracelet for Sonic.

28 minutes ago, Soni said:

The MomBot namedrop is probably just a tease for next week's episode, stuff like this has happened before. Like the appearance of Zoey and Perci in Battle of the Boy Bands and later appeared in Tails' Crush and Fire in a Crowded Workshop, respectively.

Yeah, but chances are that Mom Bot won't be built, until the episode starts. Eggman foesn't just keep new robots stored away for later, he usually builds them, and expects them to get right to work, and if they don't function right, then he stores them away to be recycled. Chances are, the episode will give a reason for why Eggman decided to build a mother like robot, whether it was him being in denial of having mother issues, or needing someone to look after Orbot and Cubot.

"Give Bees A Chance" was a fantastic episode! Despite it being Cindy Robinson's first time writing, she did great. The humor didn't feel forced, Amy's actions felt believable, and they fit well with her portrayal in Boom. 

The Sonamy tease at the beginning was cute and there were so many heartwarming moments throughout the episode. Plus, Sonic genuinely worried about Amy and wasn't a d*ck this time around (he was portrayed as being a lot more egotistical/selfish in season one in my opinion). 

This is one of those episodes that I feel you'll never get tired of watching over and over again. Cindy should definitely write more episodes in the future. If she does, I'll be a happy camper! 

If anyone hasn't seen tonight's episode or last week's episode in decent quality, please let me know through PM! 

• Thumbs Up 3

And the award for "Most Adorable Episode I Have Ever Seen In A Sonic Cartoon" goes tooooooooooooo....

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

And the award for "Most Adorable Episode I Have Ever Seen In A Sonic Cartoon" goes tooooooooooooo....

"Buster"!!! LOL! Just kidding, it's "Give Bees a Chance"!!!

1 hour ago, Soni said:

That might not be the case. I pointed out the mention of Mom Bot in today's episode on Tumblr, and a user named zoomswish responded with this.

"Yeah, one of the writers confirmed on Twitter that they were aired out of sync and Mombot was supposed to come first."

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, that's one way to shut me up (I can't believe I shut up before Donnie, how ironic) 

Well currently, writing the highlights of #AskSonicBoomCrew

Might be an allnighter on this one but it will be done, probably...

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Soni said:

Welp, that's one way to shut me up (I can't believe I shut up before Donnie, how ironic) 

Well currently, writing the highlights of #AskSonicBoomCrew

Might be an allnighter on this one but it will be done, probably...

Really appreciate it dude, you didn't have to do any this, but you still did. :)

Well it could be as easy as looking through the history of #AskSonicBoomCrew on Twitter but I guess people are lazy. I can relate.

Just now, Soni said:

Well it could be as easy as looking through the history of #AskSonicBoomCrew on Twitter but I guess people are lazy. I can relate.

That feeling when you don't have a Twitter lol. But even if I did, I'll admit I'd be too lazy to look it up :*)

Well good thing I'm doing all the hardwork (the same work that probably @AAUK is doing as well) so you don't have to.

I forgot to mention, did anyone else get a laugh out of the scenes with Amy and the Chief Gogoba? That was the first time in the series Amy has ever interacted with any of them. It was implied in "Late Fees" that Amy somehow interacted with him, since Amy and Knuckles borrowed his cart to assist Sonic at the end of the episode. I found it so ironic that Amy of all people was the first and only person to not fall for the Gogoba's guilt tripping. Apparently Amy is smarter than we think, she clearly knows her psychology, and is able to see past their shame mongering ways. I just laughed at how the Chief tried making it sound like they could let Bea hide there, but as he rambles on with trying to make her feel pity, she just responds "Ok, great! Thanks!" I got a good laugh out of that. I also laughed at how she tried guilt tripping the chief, after he accidentally let Bea escape, and how he responded with "We Gogobas can't feel guilt, which I feel terrible about..." LOL! 

Now we still need an episode where Sticks gets a proper interaction with the Gogobas. The closest we got was the chief's cameo in "Nutwork", but they really didn't interact in that one. Sticks just so happened to have to cover a news story about him getting hurt, and he tried guilt tripping Sticks into feeling bad for having to exploit his misfortune on live TV. I would love to see how awkward a scene with the Gogobas and Sticks could go down. We've already seen at least one scene of Gogobas talking with Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, and even Orbot and Cubot, but we still haven't really gotten any interaction between them and Sticks. 

:wub: the episode was so adorable, funny and clever!! I think this is my fav episode from the season so far ^_^ 

Also Cindy should write more episodes XD heheh

EDIT: i just watched Robot employees and ive decided its my fav episode too ? eheheh  

• Thumbs Up 4