Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Welp, Sonic Tumblr didn't deliver on the screenshot goods at all this week (and given the goings-on in the Sonic community in the past 24 hours, I can't blame 'em), so it falls on Bill alone to supply screenshots for "Robot Employees":

Looks like Sticks and Dave are suiting up for this one, but why? We'll have to wait until tomorrow for the answer...

Sticks gets to wear a space suit after all! I remember the concept art for Spacemaggedonocalypse showing Sticks wearing a space suit alongside Knuckles. It's nice to see it wasn't entirely scrapped. Did anyone else think it looked like Sticks was injured at first? I nearly thought she was in a body cast, until realizing she was in a rocket alongside Dave, lol. 

Yeah that's Tails' plane.

I wonder how this episode will work. Are they going to space to stop a signal that's somehow powering up the robots?

2 hours ago, Fusion Force said:

Yeah that's Tails' plane.

I wonder how this episode will work. Are they going to space to stop a signal that's somehow powering up the robots?

How did I miss that?! I was too focused on Sticks and Dave in space suits, that I assumed they were in a rocket, instead of realizing they were in Tail's plane. 

Man, the timing of this couldn't be anymore worse. I found the ratings for Boomerang by the end of 2016... and it's not good.

The ratings for Sonic Boom as far we know are probably some of the best views a show can get on that channel.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, SpongicX said:

How did I miss that?! I was too focused on Sticks and Dave in space suits, that I assumed they were in a rocket, instead of realizing they were in Tail's plane. 

Maybe they could be using the battery to power up the plane faster to the point of taking them to space?

Also a Sticks and Dave team up was unexpected and weird at the same time!

5 hours ago, Fusion Force said:

Maybe they could be using the battery to power up the plane faster to the point of taking them to space?

Also a Sticks and Dave team up was unexpected and weird at the same time!

I can see it happening. Eggman takes over with robots, and maybe the villagers aren't too affected by it. However, Sticks has paranoia of robot invasions, and after seeing Dave get replaced at Meh Burger by robots, it makes sense for Sticks to want to form an alliance with him. She'll likely convince him that the robots are to blame, and without them, Meh Burger will be begging him to come back. I always found it funny to know Dave actually seems to like having a job at Meh Burger. He always looks like a teenager who is stuck with a low paying job, but many episodes have shown that he wants to keep that job regardless. How many other teenagers go that far to keep their job? Other teens are more likely to quit on their own, get fired, or even try finding a better job, but Dave seems dedicated to wanting to keep that job, despite not showing much effort in working there. We've seen or heard mention of how much he needs Meh Burger in episodes like Chez Amy, and even Mayor Knucks.

Some could argue, "well duh, what teenager wouldn't want a way of earning money?" but keep in mind that according to episodes like Knine to Five Knuckles, it is incredibly easy for anyone to get a job anywhere in what is now named Hedgehog Village. Knuckles got pretty close to getting a job of just putting stuff in boxes, and accidentally landed a job as a marketing expert, and getting a job at Meh Burger. If it was that easy for Knuckles to get hired that easily, it should be easy for Dave to find a job anywhere else. I think one reason why Dave likes working there, is because it helps fuel his pursuit in evil. He makes many references in how the fast food industry is evil after all, so it kind of makes sense why a evil wanna be would put up with something he hates, if it fuels his evil motifs. 

Come to think of it, we've barely seen any signs of Dave's evil side this season. The Evil Doctor Orbot was the only reference we got this season to his career in evil, since we saw him taking the evil test, and getting excited over passing it, but unlike season 1, we've seen more focus on Dave as just a fast food junior manager, instead of mixing up his role as a young villain, alongside his job at Meh Burger. It doesn't bother me much though, because I honestly find Dave funnier in smaller doses. He can sometimes get a little annoying when shown on screen for too long, same thing with the Gogobas, they too are a bit more tolerable when a whole episode isn't dedicated to them. 

I hope this episode does well though. It's interesting to see Sticks getting two episodes in a row, except this one will likely give her a bigger role. In last week's episode, Sticks was more like a victim that Amy was sticking up for throughout, it was surprisingly more of an Amy centered episode, despite being an episode about Amy and Sticks. 

Robot Employees was another good episode. It turns out it was about Sticks teaming up with Dave. The episode starts off similarly to Chez Amy, except with Eggman getting mad at Dave for bad service. It then cuts to Eggman coming up with a plan. He meets up the owner of Meh Burger, who turns out to be Mr. Slate (Charlie's former boss.) Eggman proposes to make robot employees with excellent service, and Mr Slate agrees. The robots end up giving great service, and the episode suddenly turns into a John Henry parody, where Dave challenges the robot chefs to a series of challenges, in order to keep his job, but he loses, and is fired. 

Meh Burger then declares a reopening for the restaurant, and everyone is on board, except for Sticks, and Dave. Sticks doesn't trust the robot employees, and Dave went home after the Lightning Bolts ditched him for free burgers. Eggman then sabotages the grand reopening, by trapping everyone into a force field generated around Meh Burger. The gang is left helpless, and Tails calls Sticks for help. Sticks then does a hilarious victory dance when she hears Tails admitting she was right. Tails then gives Sticks instructions on what to get to help break the force field. Eggman then reveals he also built rockets underneath Meh Burger, and is going to launch his captives into space. Tails then contacts Sticks again, and tells her she'll need to borrow his plane, and hire a co pilot to help her save them. Sticks then begs Dave to team up with her, and he agrees to help, in order to get his job back. 

Dave was surprisingly useful for once, and actually helped Sticks out pretty well with saving the others. I laughed at how Dave actually thought Sticks was hitting on him at one point. She told Dave "We need to get closer!" and Dave thanks her, and makes an excuse about not looking for a relationship, then he says "oh, you meant, get closer with the plane." Sticks and Dave save everyone, and Dave gets his job back, along with a promotion to manager of Meh Burger. Amy questions how Dave will be manager, if he's the only one working there, and Tails responds by revealing he modified Eggman's robot employees to help out. It then ends with Eggman getting served the wrong meal, and when he demands to get what he ordered, a Roger Craig Smith sounding robot responds by saying "I'm on my break."

Once again, Season 2 delivered another fun episode. The humor was decent, and the action and turn of events were pretty cool. Sticks and Dave surprisingly worked well off each other. It wasn't as good as last week's episode, but still pretty entertaining. 

Really enjoyed "Robot Employees", but is that a surprise? Wasn't paying as much attention to this one because of the Q&A/livetweet session (which was trending, by the way, because this show still has fans, CN), but I got the gist of it.

Good for Dave, getting that promotion. He and Sticks made a pretty good team.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Really enjoyed "Robot Employees", but is that a surprise? Wasn't paying as much attention to this one because of the Q&A/livetweet session (which was trending, by the way, because this show still has fans, CN), but I got the gist of it.

Good for Dave, getting that promotion. He and Sticks made a pretty good team.

I sadly couldn't participate because I don't have Boomerang. Could you tell me what it was like?

9 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

I sadly couldn't participate because I don't have Boomerang. Could you tell me what it was like?

The Q&A session? Absolutely nuts, some of the responses the Boom crew gave just made me lose it a lot of times. Might post some of the highlights from the Q&A soon.

Some hilarious tweets, some hints towards new episodes (may or may not include Shadow/Metal) and everything in between.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Soni said:

The Q&A session? Absolutely nuts, some of the responses the Boom crew gave just made me lose it a lot of times. Might post some of the highlights from the Q&A soon.

Some hilarious tweets, some hints towards new episodes (may or may not include Shadow/Metal) and everything in between.

God freaking dang it, I hate my life now. It would've been nice to ask them some questions. Reminds of when Roger was playing Adventure 2 with Aaron Webber and encountered a bounce pad and repeatedly kept saying bounce pad, that was freaking hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well to give you a teaser of what went down, it is confirmed that Shadow lives in a cave in Sonic Boom from Sam Freiberger.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Soni said:

Well to give you a teaser of what went down, it is confirmed that Shadow lives in a cave in Sonic Boom from Sam Freiberger.

That's interesting. Makes sense since he's a total recluse. This is making me more hype for when we *actually* see Shadow in season 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow lives in a cave

Dave's boss is Mr. Slate.

This is the Flintstones x Sonic Boom crossover as we truly imagined it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Shadow lives in a cave. Sounds interesting..

Saw the new episode, it was okay. Not very funny like the others but it was enjoyable enough. Altough that, " Don't tell me what to do! You're not my mom's boyfriend." line was..wow lol. Never knew the writer for this episode is a famous french comic writer. Might give her books a reading someday. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Funniest part from tonight's episode. 

Screenshots from tonight's new episode. 

I noticed during Stick’s “I Told You So” dance from the new episode “Robot Employees”, the music Sticks was dancing to was the same music that played when Knuckles beat Sonic at Tomatopotamus 2 in the episode “FiendBot”. 

Sling TV finally released The Evil Doctor Orbot, Og Man Out, and FiendBot in HD on demand. I decided to take some HD screenshots from the episodes, and uploaded them on IMGUR

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

98k viewers for Unnamed Episode, dang. 

That does make it the second least viewed episode in the season. But considering how 187k people actively watched Boomerang by the end of last year, it's pretty good.

2 hours ago, Soni said:

That does make it the second least viewed episode in the season. But considering how 187k people actively watched Boomerang by the end of last year, it's pretty good.

Sad that the episode with the biggest moral and relevance to real life, is the one that most people missed... Sega, and CN need to quit slacking off, and get this show out there. You'd think winning an award for best animated programming would have lifted their spirits to work harder to get this show out there, but they're still treating it like dirt...

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SpongicX said:

Sad that the episode with the biggest moral and relevance to real life, is the one that most people missed... Sega, and CN need to quit slacking off, and get this show out there. You'd think winning an award for best animated programming would have lifted their spirits to work harder to get this show out there, but they're still treating it like dirt...

If you think that's bad, apparently Sonic Boom is doing very well outside of the US.

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/19/sonic-boom-has-been-ordered-to-air-in-90-countries-worldwide-season-1-enjoying-strong-international-ratings/

18 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

The Live Tweet session was also trending on Twitter, which means that, yeah, people watch and enjoy the show a lot. If this actually does end up getting canned, which I really hope is not the case, it'll be a real bummer. It has so much potential and it'll never be reached because of Sega's and CN's negligence.

12 minutes ago, Soni said:

Guess I should add this to the list of reasons why America sucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2017 at 5:08 AM, Soni said:

Well that's interesting, here's hoping the next time he appears there an explaination why Shadow behaves like a bully to Sonic and crew for some reason...

(Cutthroat Cave anybody?)

Sonic Boom is probably one of the most watched, if not the most watched cartoon in Boomerang. Despite the Network working agaisn't it so much. I don't know much about the cartoon television industry, does anyone know why exactly is that CN seems to have such a bias agaisn't Sonic Boom now? They used to promote it a lot back when season 1 premiered.