Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

And we got the preview images courtesy of the head honcho, Bill Freiberger.

And I guess, if it still matters the Sonic Tumblr posted about the episode as well.

C6mNnKmXAAAGQMJ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Soni said:

And we got the preview images courtesy of the head honcho, Bill Freiberger.

And I guess, if it still matters the Sonic Tumblr posted about the episode as well.

C6mNnKmXAAAGQMJ.jpg

Neat, does this episode imply that Sticks was somehow lost in the wild at a young age, since her evil ancestor appears to be civilized, or did Sticks just grow up with a feral family. She apparently knows her great aunt, since she mentioned her in the episode Closed Door Policy. There is so much mystery behind Sticks, and I would love to see a full length episode dedicated to telling the story of how she became a member of Team Sonic.

Rise of Lyric was believed to originally tell the story of how she joined Sonic's team, but thanks to the rushed development hell that game went through, it reduced her to a minor npc side quest giver, and we never learned what made her worthy to join Sonic's team.

2 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Sticks looks so sad in that last picture.

Can you blame her? The episode is all about the village hating her, after finding out their village is named after an evil ancestor of Sticks.

I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm guessing Amy is trying to fix Sticks's problem, by finding a way to change the village's name into something more cheerful, but maybe Sticks knows a secret about her ancestor that no one else knows. Maybe she found out her ancestor was mistaken for a villain, and she suddenly feels that changing the village's name into something else is unfair to her ancestry.

oh i watched Blackout episode...

i guess it was alright.. i mean.. it felt good it was a plot themed on ancient stuff.., at some point i kinda was expecting Eggman to take advatange of the guys to get the rookie crystal tho :D haha too bad the most of his robots weren't working.. but he could have went get it by himself somehow.. a plan b.. dunno.. i also would have liked to see Eggman on a winter outfit heheh, oh by the way...i loved those outfits!! they looked so good! Sticks, Knuckles and Sonic ones were my favourite!

i liked that Knuckles got through the temple with his simple thinking.. it was cool to see he had control of something 

ah and i didn't get the sandwich = Hero joke...  :lol: lol 

looking foward to today's episode!

This might not mean a whole lot but an interesting observation.

We might see a live tweet session atleast from Freiberger and Smith about Robot Employees. Why for this episode specifically? I wouldn't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, new episode on the way, and its name is... "Eggman's Brother"?!

"Steve Eggman comes to town, claiming to be Eggman's long lost brother. He wants to fight for good alongside Sonic and the gang."

5 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Also, new episode on the way, and its name is... "Eggman's Brother"?!

"Steve Eggman comes to town, claiming to be Eggman's long lost brother. He wants to fight for good alongside Sonic and the gang."

That's an interesting plot. Wonder if he will be the third to join Team Sonic along with Og and F(r)iendBot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this is interesting, but there has to be some sort of catch to it. Another interesting premise to look out for but for now, can't wait for the episode with no name!

"Unnamed Episode" was a great episode, though I didn't have a lot of good laughs in this one. Also, there was a surprising amount of continuity, what with the reference to the ball of twine in "Aim Low" and Eggman finally getting the garbage man to take out his trash in an orderly fashion, something he was angry about not getting in "Mayor Knuckles".

Good for Amy, getting to be the hero of the episode (again). She deserves to have the village named after her (yes, folks, it finally has a name-- Hedgehog Village!). Sticks is so lucky to have a friend like her. Also, unbelievably, for a short time, Eggman took over! That never happens!

Hard not to feel a little sorry for poor Sticks, though. Learning your ancestor was against everything you stand for and being hated for it is a real bummer.

• Thumbs Up 2

The ending was so cute! It just goes to show how strong Sticks and Amy's friendship is. The episode didn't contain as many laughs, but it was a nice episode nonetheless! 

There were a couple of interesting... political parallels that I caught too...

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL! I can't believe Sonic Boom went there! This week's new episode actually spoofed off of the 2017 election, and parodied the campaign of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton with Dr Eggman VS Amy! 

The episode was pretty good, and had a very cute ending. This was definitely the best episode costarring Sticks and Amy. After the town  holds a meeting to come up with ideas for new tourist attractions, a question gets brought up over what the name of the village is. Tails looks it up, and finds out it was named Badger Vill, named after an infamous con artist named Jebodiah Badger, who was run out of town. Sticks is horrified to find out that Jebodiah is her great ancestor. Throughout the episode, we see poor Sticks getting treated with racism and prejudice attacks, just because she was related to a con artist who happened to be a badger as well. Amy did a great job at standing by Sticks's side and being a good friend. Amy and Sticks decide they need to officially change the village's name into a more uplifting name. So they declare they should call it Pleasant Valley. The Mayor almost ruled in favor of Amy, until Eggman stormed in and declared the village should be named after him. 

The episode turns into a debate, where Amy and Sticks are constantly working hard to make the town a better place, while Eggman is to absorbed with manipulating the crowd with free stuff and broken promises. In the end, Eggman somehow won/rigged the election, and won by a "landslide". (I could not believe the writers did this, they were absolutley mocking how ridiculous this election was, and still is...) As soon as Eggman got voted into power, he declared that since the Village is now named after him, he can do whatever he wants now, and starts planning to tear down the village , and turn it over for his own personal gain.

Amy works hard by studying in the library, and finds  a way to stop Eggman. She points out how the people's votes didn't matter, because according the records, the village's real rightful owner goes to Badger's remaining descendant , which is Sticks. Sticks finds out she's the rightful owner of the town, and she steps in and stops Eggman. The ending was really sweet. The mayor apologizes to Sticks for treating her so badly, and asks her if she has an idea for what to name the village. Sticks says she wants to name it after someone very selfless, and declares the name "Hedgehog Vill". Sonic then steps in and gives a bragging victory acceptance speech, only for Sticks to interrupt, and reveal she was referring to Amy. Sticks then mentions how Amy was the only one who stood by her side, when no one else would. Amy and Sticks then hug each other, and the town cheers. The episode then ends with Knuckles side commenting on how he liked the name "Knuckles" better.

What can I say, this was an episode I thought I was gonna hate, because it started off with pretty depressing reminders of how terribly divided the world has gotten, and it was kind of sad to see Sticks get mistreated throughout. But man, that ending made up for the episode's somewhat depressing tone. This was the perfect episode to star both Sticks and Amy. Their friendship really stuck out in this episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Soni said:

This might not mean a whole lot but an interesting observation.

We might see a live tweet session atleast from Freiberger and Smith about Robot Employees. Why for this episode specifically? I wouldn't know.

Looks like Colleen is on the live-tweet sess as well. I'm guessing eventually Robinson, Thornton, Wingert, Willingham and Futterman will be doing the same.

Watched the episode with no name! Got another top favorite episode from this season!

It was amazing on how they parodied the American election even though it was written way before the election! Bill said as such!

Good ol' crooked Jebediah Badger went into the outskirts and his family became a bunch of feral beings since. That's some nice backstory to Sticks and it was pretty unsettling to see the glares the villagers gave to Sticks after hearing that, some subtle racial prejudice in there. Side note, funny to see people just don't care about the library at all whenever Amy mentions it despite it being crucial to their victory. And then Eggman comes and crashes the party and it becomes an election on who gets to name the village AND IT WAS RIGGED YOH!

Also I saw Mark, Charlie/Belinda and Zoey walking about the Mayor's office at one point in the episode.

Knuckles got some good jokes in there and they were great, Sonic's ego being played for laughs was also fun and Eggman just being the clever, goofy madman that he is.

Might not have as many jokes as most episodes but the friendship of Amy and Sticks, that short moment of the villager's glares and the election parody definitely make up for it!

And it's confirmed that the Sonic Boom cast and crew are gonna do a live Q&A session during Robot Employees next week.

Use #AskSonicBoomCrew during the episode if you want them to answer your questions about Boom, Sonamy and the obligatory Boom hate as well! Oh yeah and other stuff, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Soni said:

Good ol' crooked Jebediah Badger went into the outskirts and his family became a bunch of feral beings since. That's some nice backstory to Sticks[...]

Wow! I didn't even think of that. I guess that would explain why Sticks is feral-- Jebediah was forced to live in the wild for the rest of his days and as a result, his descendants lost touch with his civilized roots. Makes sense, given Sticks came three generations after.

• Thumbs Up 4

C6fv7fqVMAA_j1B.jpg

I have a guess for how next week's episode will go down.

Eggman probably finds a way to revolutionize the town's industry, by replacing all employed workers with robots. Dave is mad that he lost his job, and grows a burning hatred for robots, for taking his job. Sticks then decides to team up with Dave, and try stopping the robots from taking over the city. This is just a guess, judging by what's presented in the title card. The episode title and thumbnail seems to suggest Sticks is approaching Dave with a proposition to help get his job at Meh Burger back. This show can easily mislead it's fans though, since many of their episodes can start out seeming predictable, only to do a complete u-turn either early on, or half way through.

Spoiler

Episode Screenshots for today's new episode.

Seen the new episode. It was cute. Especially Amy and Sticks friendship, it's written pretty well here. The tiny backstory of sticks's family history was cool too.

It's wasn't the funniest episode but I did laugh how the episode pretty much foreshadowed the 2016 election. It's glorious. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, El Driver said:

They put an Archie issue in the background in today's episode.

[huge image]

OK, that is awesome. Didn't think they'd do something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Still need to watch the episode.. but i was reading the posts here and i cound't help :lol: .... did they decided to call the village as "hedgehog "?

*_* because that reminds me that in Sonic 1992 shogakukan manga, Nicky(Sonic) lived on "Hedgehog town"! 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Drawloverlala said:

Still need to watch the episode.. but i was reading the posts here and i cound't help :lol: .... did they decided to call the village as "hedgehog "?

*_* because that reminds me that in Sonic 1992 shogakukan manga, Nicky(Sonic) lived on "Hedgehog town"! 

Yep, it is now named Hedgehog Village, named after Amy Rose the Hedgehog.

I forgot to mention how after defeating Eggman, the mayor offered Sticks to reclaim the name Badger Vill, but Sticks turned down the offer, in favor of naming it after her best friend. If it weren't for Amy's research, Sticks never would have found out she was the rightful heir to the town's name.

I also liked how Sticks didn't let the revelation of owning the town's name get to her head. She made a big deal over finding out she was the great great granddaughter of a corrupt businessman, but when she realized she inherited everything he left behind, she decided to give the town back to the people, instead of hypocritically keep it for herself. She actually had the power to stop all the things she gets paranoid about, but gave up that position of power, in order to prevent becoming as corrupt as them.

I loved how Sticks and Amy were written in the episode. Even after being treated poorly throughout the episode, even by their own friends Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles at times, the two still stood up for each other, and got the happy ending they worked for, and deserved.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, El Driver said:

They put an Archie issue in the background in today's episode.

0f9033bcadda78c0ccb3005dd949b991.jpg

That is a really good catch. I've a feeling that red and white comic cover could also be a reference to some other comic series.

For those interested, its the cover of STH# 201-

latest?cb=20140525194639

• Thumbs Up 8

I disagree with the people that say this episode didn't have as many laughs, it was the funniest of season 2 imo. The unintentional parody of teh elections was great. Also, the part were Amy says something like "Libraries are great!" and the villaguers all B'ooh at her. Aside from the comedy this was a very heartwarming episode. I hope we get more Amy/Sticks episodes, or just more episodes starring Amy and or Sticks. They are pretty good tbh and they don't get as much screentime as the boys.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I disagree with the people that say this episode didn't have as many laughs, it was the funniest of season 2 imo. The unintentional parody of teh elections was great. Also, the part were Amy says something like "Libraries are great!" and the villaguers all B'ooh at her. Aside from the comedy this was a very heartwarming episode. I hope we get more Amy/Sticks episodes, or just more episodes starring Amy and or Sticks. They are pretty good tbh and they don't get as much screentime as the boys.

I agree, there was a lot of humor in this episode, bit a lot of it was implied humor, or required some thinking in order to get. A lot of the humor in this was quick and clever, and can easily be missed upon first viewing.

I laughed at when the old Monkey thought Sticks was going to attack him, along with  Fastidious saying to Sticks "this isn't a library", followed by Amy saying "actually, it is..." Only for Fastidious to say "haven't you ever heard of parelleled  allusions?" (Or something like that)

Then there was Eggman's anti Amy Rose commercial, that tried making her look bad, by using an embarrassing photo of Amy standing next to Sticks sneezing. Then there was Eggman's "Oh, and by the way, I'm shutting down the media" comment.

This episode's humor was mostly for those who are saddened or annoyed by the election, and its results. I thought it did a funny job at poking jabs at the corruption within politics.

5 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

That is a really good catch. I've a feeling that red and white comic cover could also be a reference to some other comic series.

For those interested, its the cover of STH# 201-

latest?cb=20140525194639

A heavily edited version, anyway; there's no-one besides Sonic on the Boom version, and that is not the official Archie logo.