Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

That odd moment when Adult Swim actually promotes Sonic the 
Hedgehog's social media site, while it's daytime counterpart Cartoon 

Network continues to ignore Sonic Boom's existence... What logic is

there in any of this?!... 

I... honestly don't have any words to say to that.

40 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

That odd moment when Adult Swim actually promotes Sonic the 
Hedgehog's social media site, while it's daytime counterpart Cartoon 

Network continues to ignore Sonic Boom's existence... What logic is

there in any of this?!... 

Well... it's not like Adult Swim pick who's ads go on where. They didn't make that commercial or choose to show it then, SEGA did. SEGA made it and SEGA paid to have it shown during AS. If I had to guess why- they're trying to get the AS Demographic interested in Sonic again.

The adult swim viewer base is verrrrry different to the regular CN one. It's mostly people in their 20s/30s and stoners. These people are not going to be interested in Boom, and never will be. The reason for running that ad is probably to get people in their 20s and thirties interested in Sonic again now that we're in the lead up towards Mania. 

You can read more about AS and the people that watch it here, if you're wondering what the purpose of running this ad might be http://www.vulture.com/2015/07/stoner-week-how-adult-swim-conquered-late-night.html

• Thumbs Up 4

So I just did some research stuff about the ratings for Boomerang in general.

1 hour ago, Soni said:

So I just did some research stuff about the ratings for Boomerang in general.

Too bad none of this refers to how Boomerang is doing now, especially with Sonic Boom. Sonic Boom didn't air on Boomerang until November 2016, so none of this data provided has anything to do with how Sonic Boom affected Boomerang, since 2016 and 2017 isn't included in any of that data. 

Wikipedia has the data on the ratings of season 2 of Sonic Boom. And they are... really terrible. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_Boom_episodes

It's like an average of 15k viewers per episode. Which is understandable since Boomerang is such a small network. I could say Sonic Boom is probably one of their most watched shows. But Boomerang is where old cartoons go to fill air and new cartoons that CN doesn't like go to die. Being on that network is really killing the show. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Too bad none of this refers to how Boomerang is doing now, especially with Sonic Boom. Sonic Boom didn't air on Boomerang until November 2016, so none of this data provided has anything to do with how Sonic Boom affected Boomerang, since 2016 and 2017 isn't included in any of that data. 

I know this isn't the most accurate information but it paints a picture the overall idea on how Boomerang is doing. 

I beg to differ. <_< This episode was cruel. 

Am I going mad here? People LIKE this episode? How is this even possible? I'm sorry, but... HOW?

The villagers knew she was a badger all along, and they pick NOW to turn against her? Why couldn't this episode have a different name and just have Sticks - and ONLY Sticks - be afraid that she might turn out to be like her ancestor? That would have been a better episode. I cannot and will never understand why the villagers hated/feared Sticks just because her male ancestor was evil. It wasn't even her fault. She wasn't even born yet.

Why do people hate other people based on where they're from and what color their skin is and who they love in real life?

It's like an average of 15k viewers per episode.

No, it's not. They give decimals on Wikipedia's page, an easier way of showing ratings data. It even says at the top of the table that the viewer count decimals are represented in millions. So for example, a 0.15 would represent 150,000. It's still relatively bad, but nowhere near the 15k average you're saying.

My bad, I dun goof'd that one. Well, that's pretty good for Boomerang right? Despite 480p quality, no announcements or promotion and being on a really small network, 150k sounds great. Still, the show needs to get out of Boomerang, it's only hurting it to be there.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

My bad, I dun goof'd that one. Well, that's pretty good for Boomerang right? Despite 480p quality, no announcements or promotion and being on a really small network, 150k sounds great. Still, the show needs to get out of Boomerang, it's only hurting it to be there.

Yes, it's great for a small channel, but the show still deserves a lot better... 

Bill dropped the plot synopsis for Robot Employees!

Sounds similar to Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce but instead Dave gets fucked over (probably) and him and Sticks fight off the robot employees.

Also reminder that when this episode airs, there'll be a live Q&A session on Twitter. Use the hashtag #AskSonicBoomCrew to make sure you get your questions answered by the team!

And the next episode is the long awaited Give Bees a Chance!

And it's written by..... AMY HERSELF?!

Talk about nuts, I didn't know Cindy was a writer as well?!

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, this is a surprise.

I can't wait to see how Cindy handled an episode. Should be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, doing some quick research doesn't seem like Robinson wasn't credited for any writing gigs. This could be her first time writing, color me intrigued by this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this should be interesing. Some insight into what Cindy thinks of the character she plays, and how she thinks Amy should act.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Title card for give Bees a Chance

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/842365944722743296

EDIT

C7CvAZHUwAAZZXw.jpg

Wait what, Cindy Robinson WROTE THIS EPISODE?!

Another edit: Ninja'd but SpongicX nearly called that plot.

I'm about as surprised as well. Usually I'm nowhere close when it comes to guessing what the epiaodes are about.

I remember having doubts with this Give Bees a Chance Episode, due to how poorly Amy was treated in season 1, or neglected in season 2, but after seeing Amy get treated better in Knine to Five Knuckles, and The Unnamed Episode, along with Cindy Robinson's approval from writing this episode, I think I actually have faith that this episode will be a good Amy related episode.

I wonder if we'll ever see the other voice actors write an episode someday. I'd love to see what Mike Pollock, Roger Craig Smith, Nika Futterman, Kirk Thornton, Wally Wingert, and Travis Willingham could come up with.

Haven't seen Unnamed Episode yet, but I did get to so "Blackout" and I gotta say that I fairly enjoyed it. Had a good couple of laughs and enjoyed their quest to the temple. As much as I did enjoy the previous episodes, an adventure episode is always a welcome for me in this show, to me it at least spice up the episodes for me up.

I'm also interested in watching this "Give Bees a Chance," seeing as it's written by Cindy Robinson and it makes me wonder if the other voices actors will also have a hand in future episodes.

Unnamed epsidoe was pretty hilarious.

The villagers are terrible and gullible, I don't sonic for his lackadaisical attitude to saving the village half the time.

Eggman must have rigged the votes or one of Sonic's crew is unloyal. Only 2 votes for Amy? I know Sticks didn't vote and Amy voted for herself. So that leaves Sonic Tails or Knuckles voting for Eggman.

The sticks and amy moment was a nice touch. I wish Sticks was more relevant to the plot because her randomness gets kinda unfunny as points

Welp, Sonic Tumblr didn't deliver on the screenshot goods at all this week (and given the goings-on in the Sonic community in the past 24 hours, I can't blame 'em), so it falls on Bill alone to supply screenshots for "Robot Employees":

Looks like Sticks and Dave are suiting up for this one, but why? We'll have to wait until tomorrow for the answer...

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, the Sonic Tumblr did post the preview images before Bill did; like on the dot 7:30pm EST while Bill posted the images like 7 minutes after.

C7KLi41XUAEq5tV.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if so, my browser didn't update it. Whoopsie.

Ah, well. What matters is they remembered.

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Well, if so, my browser didn't update it. Whoopsie.

Ah, well. What matters is they remembered.

Except the Twitter Q&A session but nobody cares enough to worry about that.