Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just watched it. It was amazing!  One of my favorites of the series for sure. Cindy Robinson is a very talented person and I would love to see her writing more episodes or at least helping more with the production of the series. She has a very good view of what the character she plays is. So i'm glad she voices Amy. I wasn't so sure her voice suited her at first but now i'm sure she's a good fit, and again, she understands the character which is much more important.

My favorite joke was the reference to the Master Emerald and the fourth wall break with Roger Smith. Overall a very cute, very heartwarming episode. I just hope we have more like this in this season.

Oh yeah everyone's character has definitely improved this season. Oh man I wish we do get a season three because it just keeps getting better and better.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was so much fun. My favorite jokes had to be the Roger bit, The "People have been complaining I don't guard enough rare jewels" line and the most taken aback I've ever been by Sonic The Hedgehog "They all look alike" "Not Cool Sonic".

Also while I'm sure it wasn't intentional I couldn't help but think of Sonic X when Amy started smashing the bot after Bea was shot down.

• Thumbs Up 2

I should watch the French version to see how the "Who's Roger?" gag works. I guess I just like localisation (I'm not French though). 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, VeryGoodName said:

I really hope that this schedule is true, and the Cartoon Network reruns return, but judging how bad the Sonic Boom TV show's luck has gotten since it was shoved to Boomerang, it'll probably never see the light of day again after Season 2 of the show ends (in the U.S. at least), but hopefully, I'm wrong about that, and the Boomerang premieres of the show will return to Cartoon Network

If only it wasn't still stuck with that awful time slot. In my area, that time is actually 5:00 AM, which is a horrible time to air anything! I would love to see them try the boomerang route on CN, and just air it at 5/6 PM instead. Heck, just air one 11 minute episode, and see how it goes, is that too much to ask. Would it really kill them to take one episode of Teen Titans Go off their schedule, just to air one 11 minute segment of Sonic Boom? That's what really irritates me about CN's treatment to Sonic Boom, they never tried experimenting with Sonic Boom. The only time they did was when they aired a full 30 minute block of Sonic Boom each weekday, but it was still at a questionable time, like 11:00 AM, not to mention how most of the episodes aired during those times already aired elsewhere ahead of time, because CN was too lazy to air them any sooner in English, despite there being plenty of evidence that the English episodes were likely ready to air already. In fact, 3 of those episodes previously aired the English versions in Australia, which made CN's bad treatment of the show look more intentional than ever. Not to mention, they still did a terrible job at promoting the show's streak of premieres. They reused the same day one promo of Sonic Boom, from when it first aired, and just slightly modified the last bit to mention new episodes all week. They didn't bother showing any teaser clips for the new episodes. When promoting a show, it helps to have multiple commercials with different clips, so each commercial doesn't feel like you've already seen what it has to offer. 

I just wish CN would have tried more ways to catch the viewer's attention with the show. Just look at Australia's commercials for the show, they have a better idea of how to advertise the show, by showing different clips and quotes from the show, along with an announcer to help give a better idea of what to expect from the characters and situations they get in. CN didn't even try, they kept reusing the same clips of Amy asking for a group hug, Sonic saying "Fine, but I'm not wearing pants,", Eggman shouting "We'll be back Sonic!" and Sticks saying "You can't kill Me" That's all you got from the commercials, each commercial was the same thing over and over, that's no way to promote a show! You got to have more than 2 similar commercials to promote a show. 

Please give the show a better shot than just a 5/6 AM timeslot CN! Try airing one 11 minute skit a day, try experimenting with different times, before judging whether the show will work or not. Don't air it on a dead timeslot, and give up on it instantly. Try airing it at different times, like 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, anything that isn't between 5/6 AM to 2/3 PM. It's a bad idea for them to only air a show like this between school hours, since the target audience would usually be in school at those hours. They need to work harder at putting this show on a time slot that appeals to both kids and adults. Kids aren't the only ones watching Sonic Boom, most of the viewers appear to be adults who grew up with Sonic after all. 

4 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I should watch the French version to see how the "Who's Roger?" gag works. I guess I just like localisation (I'm not French though). 

Not sure if that joke will translate well in French. I would be shocked if it was somehow dubbed into a funnier line than that. 

• Thumbs Up 4

This episode was awesome as per usual. I love me dem Amy episodes.

Also, did anyone else catch Knuckles saying "I'll watch it for you. People have been complaining that I don't guard enough rare stones." Again, Sonic Boom hits out of the park more self-aware humor.

• Thumbs Up 2

I noticed a visual goof from "Give Bees a Chance", during the part where the gang tries cheering Amy up. Notice how Knuckles puts the party hat on Amy, simple enough.

3oQYsxo.png
kKPWr9y.png
VYsSySk.png

but during the part where Amy puts out the fire, her hat suddenly has straps wrapping around her head and chin .
ApGADhg.png
UkR1nUt.png
PmER8cw.png
MuPXP4M.png

Kind of strange, since the hat didn't have straps before, we just saw Knuckles simply place it on her head, there was no strap what so ever, lol. Amy was definitely too depressed to bother strapping it on herself. I guess the gang strapped it on off camera, between the shot where Sonic declared they were going to cheer her up, and the kitchen fire scene? 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

That's not always true.

A little late... :P

That depends on what the petition is about. Currently the petition to move Boom to Disney is around 250 votes. If that number doesnt shoot up its not going to happen. However the more votes a legal viable petition has, the more likely for it to have a big impact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool episode, I tend to notice that Sonic and co make friends with Eggamn's robots from the episodes i've seen. Including Friendbot, they don't seem to against with Cubot or Orbot at all.

It's nice seeing Amy can hold her own episode, I wonder if Beatriz is going to appear again.

Love the fourth wall mention that Knuckles doesn't guard the master Emerald. 

I wish the show was on CN, I don't even have boomerang 

Well, if you're in France, I have good news for you. Well, if Wikipedia is to be believed, anyway.

Season 2 will premiere there on April 8th. But that's not all. You'll be caught up with the United States soon. In fact, you'll be ahead of the USA in episodes (again...) within just two days. And you'll be getting episodes that we don't have English names for, yet!

Yep, if Wikipedia is to be believed, there's a Sonic Boom plot that will be a multiple-parter. FOUR episodes long. And Nominatus from "Lets Play Musical Friends" is coming back, judging by the title of another episode.

I'm doubtful that this info is fake, as it comes from a Wikipedia page that was very accurate in informing us about season 1 episodes before they aired, along with their titles. And according to a user on Twitter, the info on Wikipedia comes from Canal J's website :

So we're not too far away from France overtaking America in episodes. Again. And relying on France to give us any kind of information on the show. Again. And being frustrated that Canal J has been giving this show more care than Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and SEGA combined. Again.

• Thumbs Up 8

Ooh, boy, I'm looking forward to this. Looks like Mighton and Bolts are going to get a heck of an introduction.

Also, good news for our friends over in France. Glad they can finally catch up (legally, anyway).

That 4 parter sounds like the season finale. Team Sonic expanding, the not-chaos emeralds, it all seems to lead up to this. I could be very wrong though, and I accept that. 

16 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Well, if you're in France, I have good news for you. Well, if Wikipedia is to be believed, anyway.

Season 2 will premiere there on April 8th. But that's not all. You'll be caught up with the United States soon. In fact, you'll be ahead of the USA in episodes (again...) within just two days. And you'll be getting episodes that we don't have English names for, yet!

Yep, if Wikipedia is to be believed, there's a Sonic Boom plot that will be a multiple-parter. FOUR episodes long. And Nominatus from "Lets Play Musical Friends" is coming back, judging by the title of another episode.

I'm doubtful that this info is fake, as it comes from a Wikipedia page that was very accurate in informing us about season 1 episodes before they aired, along with their titles. And according to a user on Twitter, the info on Wikipedia comes from Canal J's website :

So we're not too far away from France overtaking America in episodes. Again. And relying on France to give us any kind of information on the show. Again. And being frustrated that Canal J has been giving this show more care than Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and SEGA combined. Again.

As much cool it would be, I'm gonna remain skeptical.                           

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

Well, on Sonic Online, one of the members worked as a storyboard artist on the show for a few weeks and talked about a multi-parts finale/serie of episodes, as well as a cameo of Vector in one episode (maybe not in those), one with Tails fuzed with a Beebot, an episode with a floating island (not Angel Island apparently), and one episode with Eggman building a robot mom and a robot brother or something like that.

Take that with a grain of salt, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh... You know CN sucks, when France will practically air a huge chunk of the season within a few days, compared to CN only airing 4 episodes per month... CN already aired the first quarter of season 2 between early October 2016, yet France will surpass them within a few weeks from now?! How embarrassing! How lazy are American producers?! Why can't they have that much pride in airing episodes?!... Not to mention a lack of multiple sources for tuning into new episodes. I don't think Hulu has aired a single season 2 episode yet! We don't even have a way to buy digital copies of the episodes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also gotta love Boom hasn't hit Netflix in the US yet. 

Regarding CN and Sega It's pretty depressing how they lack so much faith, feels like this choice made well before season 2 had the opportunity to instill it. Doom and gloom aside Give bees a chance was a pretty steller episode, I was dying when the "Roger" joke dropped.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Boom, a TV show co-produced by a French company and animated in France, is being treated better by French TV networks?

what an absolute shocker!

42 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheBlue said:

Also gotta love Boom hasn't hit Netflix in the US yet. 

Well to be fair, Boom is a US exclusive to Hulu and Boom has been on Netflix in several regions.

4 hours ago, Adamis said:

Well, on Sonic Online, one of the members worked as a storyboard artist on the show for a few weeks and talked about a multi-parts finale/serie of episodes, as well as a cameo of Vector in one episode (maybe not in those), one with Tails fuzed with a Beebot, an episode with a floating island (not Angel Island apparently), and one episode with Eggman building a robot mom and a robot brother or something like that.

I've looked that up, and he also says Vector's episode is about them shooting a reality show of sorts...I haven't followed Boom, but now I'm a bit worried. XD

Oh, and if the translation is correct, he says that Eggman is also going on holiday with Mombot and his brother robot on that floating island, not that they're both built in that episode.

Not that any of this is necessarily true. It seems weird to bring just one Chaotix member into Boom, and I thought they wouldn't be the game characters to appear solely because they'd need to animate and get the voice actors of three characters for a 10-minute episode, which would make them seem at least as rushed as Metal Sonic was in his episode.

6 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Oh wow a possible four parter with Mighton and Bolts? Let's see how it goes...

Also oh boy time to avoid spoiler pictures again. This happened in season one also.

5 hours ago, Adamis said:

Eggman building a robot mom is happening next week though, Mombot.

There's an episode called Eggman's Brother in which his brother wants to be on the good side, could the robot brother thing be a plot twist???

Edit: just checked the wiki and...

... WHAT NOMINATUS IS BACK?!

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I'm more excited about the "Robots from the Sky" four-parter than I am upset over France overtaking the US in episodes (eh, we had a good run).

Seriously, this has potential! I'm excited to see what happens.

Yeah that four parther sounds really intriguing. Also I hope Vector isn't really just a short cameo and gets at least more that one minute. But you know Vector does make sense for Sonic Boom, being such a comedy oriented character himself.

18 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

To be honest, I'm more excited about the "Robots from the Sky" four-parter than I am upset over France overtaking the US in episodes (eh, we had a good run).

Seriously, this has potential! I'm excited to see what happens.

Robots fall from the sky most likely

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Adamis said:

Wow! You got a link for that info? I can't find it.