Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Looks like I was right about the gang befriending Og, but what's this?! Even Sticks seems to be getting along with Og?! Not even I predicted that, lol. I can't wait for tomorrow. 

woow!! these pictures' lightinings look pretty good!!! *P*
 i hope the rest of the episode looks that good as well :D

The first 2 screens has the same lighting as previous episodes but the third image with Og looks a lot brighter and vibrant, similar to the lighting in Tommy Thunder.

Everyone's faces in the second screenshot is hilarious.

Makes me wonder whether Og was there just for a distraction for the team giving the Froglodytes time to capture them.

But then Og would switch sides and help Team Sonic?

I hope we get to see the return of the bouncy animation like it was in Tommy Thunder and Alone Again.

EDIT: Now only i'm noticing in the second screenshot that Og is right behind the crew. It looks like they're protecting him!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

EDIT: Now only i'm noticing in the second screenshot that Og is right behind the crew. It looks like they're protecting him!

Good point! I never noticed that. You're probably right, it does look like they're protecting him, presumably from the other frogdolyte's. 

Anyone think that he'll ultimately end up in the valley of Cubots as well? 

On 2/16/2017 at 6:48 AM, Soni said:

We got the plot synopsis to Og Man Out!

Yep, it's pretty much heavily relied on Closed Door Policy. Why do I get the feeling Og might join Team Sonic?

I mean, FriendBot is part of the team now and eventually Mighton and Bolts well join as well so is Boom doing the Teen Titans route of hiring new members onto their adventures?

We got more Benoit goodness with Knine to Five Knuckles next week!

If that's true, I hope Perci and Staci and Zooey get recruited to the team. It's nice to have some attractive teammates, and some more female members on the squad.

44 minutes ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

If that's true, I hope Perci and Staci and Zooey get recruited to the team. It's nice to have some attractive teammates, and some more female members on the squad.

I don't really consider that a good idea. Primarily, and most importantly, neither of those three can fight and therefore will only be a burden to Team Sonic when they are fighting. Secondly those three characters have barely been shown throughout the season, and they haven't exactly had many episodes centred around them and making them any object of interest. Thirdly, team Sonic already have 2 female members, and do you seriously think that Amy will stand back and permit other female members, especially 'some attractive ones' to join Team Sonic? (Maybe with the exception of Zooey). 

Personally I am not really a fan of Team Sonic expanding, I'm more of a traditionalist and I don't really like change. I am okay with characters like fiendbot 'joining the team' as they will most probably only show up in one or two more episodes. However, I don't really see characters like bolts or the twins joining the team as that will kind of spoil the rest of the season. For me, I would rather have the show focus more on the bonds between the characters or some more action mixed in with continuity, not a complete change of script.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

I don't really consider that a good idea. Primarily, and most importantly, neither of those three can fight and therefore will only be a burden to Team Sonic when they are fighting. Secondly those three characters have barely been shown throughout the season, and they haven't exactly had many episodes centred around them and making them any object of interest.

I wouldn't mind if any of them joined, actually. Kinda doubt it though. Perci had evidence of being given a bigger role; her background was as the village guardian. Since most of the girls have only ever been used for short gags and as a repeating character models in crowds, it doesn't look like a possibility in the near future.

Thirdly, team Sonic already have 2 female members, and do you seriously think that Amy will stand back and permit other female members, especially 'some attractive ones' to join Team Sonic? (Maybe with the exception of Zooey). 

???

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

I don't really consider that a good idea. Primarily, and most importantly, neither of those three can fight and therefore will only be a burden to Team Sonic when they are fighting. Secondly those three characters have barely been shown throughout the season, and they haven't exactly had many episodes centred around them and making them any object of interest. Thirdly, team Sonic already have 2 female members, and do you seriously think that Amy will stand back and permit other female members, especially 'some attractive ones' to join Team Sonic? (Maybe with the exception of Zooey). 

Personally I am not really a fan of Team Sonic expanding, I'm more of a traditionalist and I don't really like change. I am okay with characters like fiendbot 'joining the team' as they will most probably only show up in one or two more episodes. However, I don't really see characters like bolts or the twins joining the team as that will kind of spoil the rest of the season. For me, I would rather have the show focus more on the bonds between the characters or some more action mixed in with continuity, not a complete change of script.

Here's my defense:

* The team with the assumed addition of Og has five males (and later seven with the assumed additions of M&B.) (EIGHT if you add in D-Fekt) Then it would be balanced out.

* This could provide Amy character development as she learns to accept other women. This will give her a great episode for herself. She hasn't had one yet. 

* Can Og fight? Is Friendbot willing to or good at it? Zooey and her ilk could be taught how to do so. Yay for development! Even if they don't learn, there's always a slot for Mission Control or moral support open. 

* They are simply quite popular characters with the fans, which would earn the writers some good noodle stars in their eyes.

"Og Man Out" was another decent episode from Ian. Shame this is his last episode this season. At least we still have Evan Stanley's episodes coming, right?

Not as many laughs this time either, but good seeing that Og can fight for himself against several Froglodytes. I think we'll be seeing him again. Also cool that Sticks finally has someone she can relate to. And of course, there were references to "Closed Door Policy", the last episode the Froglodytes appeared in.

There's a lot of potential returning elements this season (heck, these past couple of weeks) between Sonic's Mech Suit, FriendBot, and now Og. I like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Og Man Out was another good episode. The episode also contains some continuity to Mech Suits Me, since it starts out with Eggman digging up the grounds in hopes of finding an ancient mech suit. Sonic and the gang stop him, their fight against Eggman's robots cause Drill Bot's drill arm to fall off, causing it to drill through the ground. The drill just so happened to drill through Og's bedroom, giving him a way to break free.

After the gang notice things have been stolen, they follow a trail of slime into Amy's house, where Og was. Og turns out to be a hippy Froglodite, and does not like his kind's barbaric ways. He and Sticks surprisngly have a lot in common, and Sticks is oddly enough the only one to trust him. There's a funny reference to the movie Full Metal Jacket, where there is a Froglodite drill instructor who gave Og a hard time for not wanting to be a ruthless invader. Oddly though, the Froglodite chief wasn't really in this episode, and was only briefly shown during Og's flashback. The Drill instructor replaced the Chief's role in this episode.

Amy doesn't want Og in her house, since it would take forever for her to clean up after his slime. Sticks volunteers to have Og stay with her, but Sonic fears Og may just be trying to use Sticks, in order to let the other Froglodites out, so he decides to keep an eye on him instead. Og's night time routines get in the way of Sonic's sleep, so Sonic drops Og off for Tails to look after. Tails gets sick of Og criticizing all of his inventions, so Tails drops Og off with Knuckles. Knuckles feels like Og is wasting his time, and drops him off with Sticks. 

Shortly after, The Froglodite Drill Instructor is shown pounding on Og's door, demanding him to come out. Og's door slides open, revealing the hole he escaped from, along with Drill Bot's missing drill arm. The Froglodites take the drill arm, and dig themselves back out from the ground, and start looting the village. Amy notices the Froglodites are attacking, and quickly contacts Sonic, and questions how he was able to let Og do this. Sonic defends himself by saying Tails has him, then Tails calls to confirm that Knuckles last had him, and Knuckles reveals he dropped Og off at Sticks's. Sonic quickly rushes to Sticks's house to chew Og out, but Sonic notices how the Froglodite's world is still sealed off by the designer shelf barricading it. It's then that they realize the Froglodites escaped the same way Og escaped, and Og had nothing to do with their invasion. The gang tries fighting off the Froglodites, but the Froglodites have the upper hand. Og breaks out of his hippy ways, and ends up using martial arts on the Froglodites, and scaring them off to retreat. Knuckles then blocks off the hole they escaped from with a giant boulder.

The episode ends with the gang eating at Meh Burger with Og, and thanking him for saving their lives. Og mentions how he plans to find his own place around the village. I enjoyed this episode, It was great to see the return of the Froglodites, although I must admit that the way they replaced the chief with a drill instructor was a bit strange, but I still enjoyed the Full Metal Jacket references. Og was an interesting character who surprisingly had a lot in common with Sticks, and it was nice to see Sticks being the first one to trust him at first, even after all the horrible things his kind put her through. I laughed at how the gang tried looking after Og, only to give up quickly. I also laughed at when Og went all Jacky Chan/Bruce Lee on his own people, in order to save Sonic and friends. 

I think actually adding members goes into... merchandising territory, and none of those characters are designed good enough besides perci to even humor that idea.I think the only two candidate as of current who are sellable enough to even be added to the the team are 

Perci and Shadow, Bonus: maybe the bot

The latter despite being hinted at I don't think is happening for a while, and considering the change in direction this franchise may have taken might not happen at all. And the first one might happen. And I don't know whats in the future for the bot

Adding folks to the team isn't just the show , its like games and toys and shit, and you gotta sell that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I think actually adding members goes into... merchandising territory, and none of those characters are designed good enough besides perci to even humor that idea. 

I think the only two candidate as of current who are sellable enough to even be added to the the team are 

Perci and Shadow and maybe the bot

The latter despite being hinted at I don't think is happening for a while, and considering the change in direction this franchise may have taken might not happen at all. And the first one might happen. And I don't know whats in the future for the bot

And folks to the team isn't just the show , its like games and toys and shit, and you gotta sell that. 

I mean, I think there's a Shadow figure in the next line of action figures, so there's him. But yeah, FriendBot and Sonic's Mech Suit would make good toys too. They're already making Blue Force One a toy, so why not?

Merchandise is obviously the point (especially considering how Nick's TMNT has a figurine of literally every character in every suit/get-up ever as seen in the show) but I do have a feeling these episodes of getting more and more allies does seem to hint that near the end of the season, it's probably gonna be quite an action-packed multi-parter.

Although unlike TMNT, the merchandise isn't as extensive. Outside of Team Sonic, Shadow, Metal and Eggman and his minions; there's nothing else to it. I mean sure, you got Tails' Plane and the Blue Force One but I don't see a figurine of Perci or anything even though she seems to be fan-favorite amongst people (mostly for lewd reasons :^) ). Heck, D-Fekt definitely looks like a character made especially to make toys out of! But even though Freiberger said Fire & Ice takes place within Season 2, not one mention so far. But we're not even halfway there into the season so meh. But who knows maybe after Season 2 has finished airing, TOMY might expand their merchandising line.

For the most part, I'm digging how the Boom writing team are doing the OG Teen Titans route of getting new allies into the mix. And I'm definitely gonna call it that Mighton and Bolts are going to join the crew as well.

If people forgot who Mighton and Bolts here, it's these guys.

Spoiler

Image result for mighton and bolts sonic boom

• Thumbs Up 1

Mech is probably good. Shadow is going to be in every line of action thing, he is at least to me the best design they have in this section of the brand. And he's sell able, they will work him in this somehow. 

Mechs are always a good prediction, folks love robots

5 minutes ago, Soni said:

Merchandise is obviously the point (especially considering how Nick's TMNT has a figurine of literally every character in every suit/get-up ever as seen in the show) but I do have a feeling these episodes of getting more and more allies does seem to hint that near the end of the season, it's probably gonna be quite an action-packed multi-parter.

Although unlike TMNT, the merchandise isn't as extensive. Outside of Team Sonic, Shadow, Metal and Eggman and his minions;

Yeah because those designs are good. And you can sell them. 

there's nothing else to it. I mean sure, you got Tails' Plane and the Blue Force One but I don't see a figurine of Perci or anything even though she seems to be fan-favorite amongst people (mostly for lewd reasons :^) ).

Heck, D-Fekt definitely looks like a character made especially to make toys out of! But even though Freiberger said Fire & Ice takes place within Season 2, not one mention so far. But we're not even halfway there into the season so meh. But who knows maybe after Season 2 has finished airing, TOMY might expand their merchandising line.

That would probably be based on fan response or predicted fan response. 

For the most part, I'm digging how the Boom writing team are doing the OG Teen Titans route of getting new allies into the mix. And I'm definitely gonna call it that Mighton and Bolts are going to join the crew as well.

Reveal hidden contents

I think you are making a few to early calls. 

I think these are characters that might be referenced but wont be much of anything.

It's interesting that people keep bringing up merchandise as one of the key driving forces behind any decisions taken with the show. Last I heard, Boom merchandise was either practically non-existent or not selling very well at all. Both, actually. So what's the problem here?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Soni said:

Although unlike TMNT, the merchandise isn't as extensive. Outside of Team Sonic, Shadow, Metal and Eggman and his minions; there's nothing else to it. I mean sure, you got Tails' Plane and the Blue Force One but I don't see a figurine of Perci or anything even though she seems to be fan-favorite amongst people (mostly for lewd reasons :^) ). Heck, D-Fekt definitely looks like a character made especially to make toys out of! But even though Freiberger said Fire & Ice takes place within Season 2, not one mention so far. But we're not even halfway there into the season so meh. But who knows maybe after Season 2 has finished airing, TOMY might expand their merchandising line.

Reveal hidden contents

1) Massive hyperbole, there are at least a dozen characters who would make good toys but aren't. 

2) I do think Perci (and Zooey) could have her/their designs translated as cute plush toys, not necessarily figures. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

It's interesting that people keep bringing up merchandise as one of the key driving forces behind any decisions taken with the show. Last I heard, Boom merchandise was either practically non-existent or not selling very well at all. Both, actually. So what's the problem here?

The Boom merchandise is doing ok, based on what @Mayor D had to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow... a new episode just aired, and people are more busy talking about merchandise, than discussing what their thoughts of the episode were.

I liked how once again, Sticks fought with something other than a boomerang in this episode, and appropriately, she fought with the same club she used to hit the Froglodite Chief with, from Closed Door Policy.

1 hour ago, SonicWind said:

There's a lot of potential returning elements this season (heck, these past couple of weeks) between Sonic's Mech Suit, FriendBot, and now Og. I like it.

They seem to be teasing a massive season finale/tv movie. 3 episodes in a row that relate to Sonic's team getting a new tool or ally to work with. The season finale seems to be teasing a big epic battle that will take a lot more than what Sonic and friends are capable of. Not even season 1 had such strong foreshadowing of a big finale. All it had going for it was Shadow making an appearance, but the episode itself honestly wasn't anything big.

Let's hope Season 2 will end with a bang, but it's too early to speculate, we still have a good 75% of the season to get through first. Go season 2! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw my name mentioned...

38 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

Last I heard, Boom merchandise was either practically non-existent or not selling very well at all. Both, actually. 

Oh god not it's this again.

How well is the Boom merchandise selling?

Well lets think, Tomy does not release sales data for those toys, they do not release production numbers for those toys. So nobody outside of Tomy is qualified to say they're doing badly unless they have access to that sales data.

If you have access to that I have one gif for you.

receipts.gif

So why are we able to say with some degree of confidence the merch is doing at least somewhere between 'expected' and 'good'?

Because we do actually have data and evidence to prove that which is somewhat quantifiable.

The first being, Tomy is still giving Boom rather generous spaces at their 2017 Toy Fair events.

• London
  • Germany
  • And there is absolutely no question that it'll be at this weeks New York Toy Fair when the photos come out of that too!

So why would they be giving it shelf space... if it wasn't selling or doing very well?

No... wait.... Why would there be lots of new toys as well as the old.... if it wasn't selling or doing very well?

These toys have been out now since what 2014? If they were truly selling as badly as some people claim, why are they still being sold and why are new ones still being made? 

And before someone pumps out "Well it's Sega's money...", wrong answer, it's Tomy's. They paid for the license, they pay for the toy construction distribution and promotion, they get the lion share of profits.

....But it doesn't end there, the toy distributor I use sent me their 2017 catalogue the other week, you know I can actually order from it right now!? New Sonic Boom stuff, I can actually order new toys from it right now if I want which will be out later this year.

That's quite a step for a retailer/distributor if the toys are not selling.

So when people say 'Last I heard' my next response is...

"Say's Who?"

• Thumbs Up 9

Finally got around to watching Og Man Out! Another really good episode, a great followup episode to Closed Door Policy!

Impressed with the action scenes and animation yet again, pretty solid stuff and of course, any sort of Enerbeam action I'm totally down with! Og is one chill dude, really impressed on how Ian developed a character like him from a simple joke in Closed Door Policy. That takes some impressive skill so kuddos to Flynn for sure. And it's nice to see a character Sticks can relate to, not to say that Sticks dislikes Sonic and crew but hey, we could all use someone who just gets us. And hey, nice reference to Mech Suits Me as well, had a good chuckle that Eggman had the worst luck finding them and it turns out the Froglodytes had all of them, that's hilarious! Also is it just me or is the footprint joke a reference to the first issue of Archie's Sonic Boom? 

Spoiler

3C0niIs.pngnEH2fct.png

You think I wouldn't notice, Ian? THINK AGAIN!

Another nice addition to Team Sonic and hope Og finds a place he can consider as home! This and Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er were really good episodes and a great first step for Ian to place his step in the world of television, I really do hope he gets to do more than comics in his future!

But enough of that, gimme that good ol' Knux goodness next week!

• Thumbs Up 5

Og Man Out was... alright.

I did like the callbacks it made to Closed Door Policy, and Mech Suits Me. Eggman looking for the Mech Suits and Og mentioning later that the caves are littered with them were nice callbacks. There were not much funnies in this episode, though I did chuckle at the random campfire, and Og annoying Sonic and Knuckles was quite amusing. Team Sonic getting into Martial arts poses with those expressions is still funny. 

latest?cb=20170219055101

We got to see the Mantis bots more clearly now, I like these doods more out of the other new badniks that showed up as concept art in Fire and Ice. And Sticks' weapon of the day is a club/bludgeon, which is a coincidence cause she used that one to beat the Froglodyte Cheif in Closed Door Policy. Og himself was okay? It was nice to see him get along well with Sticks, even though she did not take kindly to the Froglodyte army last time. I was slightly suprised when he started beating the Froglodyte army with his martial arts madness. 

I liked the animation and lighting here. Amy's hair was moving a LOT when she was talking, and everyone was freaking quick to get on their fighting stances. Also HOLY SHIZ I was not expecting Sonic to have those veins in his eyes when he was sleep deprived.

tumblr_inline_olm0wwT4kL1taxesp_500.png

So overall, it was a bit more action oriented, but alright. Bring on Knine to Five Knuckles!

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Mayor D said:

I saw my name mentioned...

Oh god not it's this again.

How well is the Boom merchandise selling?

Well lets think, Tomy does not release sales data for those toys, they do not release production numbers for those toys. So nobody outside of Tomy is qualified to say they're doing badly unless they have access to that sales data.

If you have access to that I have one gif for you.

receipts.gif

So why are we able to say with some degree of confidence the merch is doing at least somewhere between 'expected' and 'good'?

Because we do actually have data and evidence to prove that which is somewhat quantifiable.

The first being, Tomy is still giving Boom rather generous spaces at their 2017 Toy Fair events.

• London
  • Germany
  • And there is absolutely no question that it'll be at this weeks New York Toy Fair when the photos come out of that too!

So why would they be giving it shelf space... if it wasn't selling or doing very well?

No... wait.... Why would there be lots of new toys as well as the old.... if it wasn't selling or doing very well?

These toys have been out now since what 2014? If they were truly selling as badly as some people claim, why are they still being sold and why are new ones still being made? 

And before someone pumps out "Well it's Sega's money...", wrong answer, it's Tomy's. They paid for the license, they pay for the toy construction distribution and promotion, they get the lion share of profits.

....But it doesn't end there, the toy distributor I use sent me their 2017 catalogue the other week, you know I can actually order from it right now!? New Sonic Boom stuff, I can actually order new toys from it right now if I want which will be out later this year.

That's quite a step for a retailer/distributor if the toys are not selling.

So when people say 'Last I heard' my next response is...

"Say's Who?"

Alas,  such is the cry of those desperate to needlessly try to shit on Boom the TV series and its merchandise. 

That was a fun episode especially since I was watching it after watching the first half of Batman V Superman *Shudders* Never again.

Anyway it was a cute one I got a few good laughs out of it. I think I preferred "Anything you can do I can do Worse-er" better but this one was enjoyable.