Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

1 minute ago, Soni said:

I thought Boom was already on Netflix though? I mean, probably not on the US since it's on Hulu but yeah....

Not in the US, and since my family has Netlfix, they obviously wouldn't want to dish more money for essentially the same thing. So I can't really support the show, by tuning in and watching, which is a bummer.

Speaking of which, can anyone confirm the video quality of the episodes on both Hulu & Netflix? Are they better than the HDTV rips from when it aired on CN?

14 hours ago, Soni said:

Your boi Bill just dropped the plot synopsis for Fiendbot!

Seems like Fiendbot will actually befriend Sonic and the two of them become best buds which will annoy his friends and Eggman, so they team up to destroy Fiendbot.

The things I come up with during sleep deprivation. 

AND WE FINALLY KNOW WHAT'S THE SECOND EPISODE FLYNN WROTE FOR THIS SEASON!

Aw yeee, we're getting another Flynn episode next week! I liked the interactions in the previous one, so I'm wondering how this'll turn out!

Also, dat Fiendbot summary...I wonder how that's gonna work...

7 hours ago, Zers Editor said:

Just found this. Your thoughts?

sdfg.jpg

Nice to hear it's coming to other countries.

2 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

I really like how this season doesn't spam Dave the Intern everywhere.

Dave is hilarious how dare you.

Anyway I'm hoping if season 3 happens they move to Netflix maybe release the first 26 episodes at the start of the year and the last 26 in the fall.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

I really like how this season doesn't spam Dave the Intern everywhere.

Yeah, I personally found him funnier in small doses, and not being in an episode frequently. The first episode he was in was ok, but he got real annoying in episodes like Chez Amy, Next Top Villain, and It Takes A Village To Defeat A Hedgehog.

I find his character to be funnier when he's given brief moments of dialogue, instead of dragging episodes down with his constant whining. I liked him better in episodes like Eggman the Autuer, How to Succeed in Evil Without Even Trying, Just A Guy, and Fuzzy Puppies.

2 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

For season 2...

We still have virtually no idea whether there will be a season 3.

However, on the other hand I'm hopeful, so far season 2 has been significantly higher in quality than season 1, and if this trend continues then season 3 should be epic.

After watching a few HD episodes of season 2, I decided to look back on previous screenshots, and dang, HD really does make the difference.
I decided to show side by side comparisons of some screens from the Boomerang airings of Sonic Boom, and the HD On Demand versions. I wish CN would start airing the show on their channel the same time as Boomerang does, and in HD, because this show sucks to look at with Boomerang's crappy quality holding it back...

It's almost like looking at a PS2 VS PS3/PS4 remaster comparison, isn't it? 

Spoiler

Before                                                                                          After
Boom59094_zpsbfezym7r.pngSnapShot461_5_zps4ykt9tau.png

Boom59092_zpsglmwzebe.pngSnapShot463_5_zpshcqtpcgg.png

Boom59089_zpsd1qawadw.pngSnapShot464_5_zpsv0oaly8f.png

Boom59086_zpszullnf08.pngSnapShot467_4_zpsuvbfwr5y.png

Boom59079_zpscfhknjiy.pngSnapShot473_4_zpsshttrigj.png

Boom59068_zpsmiwcrtsw.pngSnapShot479_4_zpszff35nxd.png

Boom59059_zpsrruqyosm.pngSnapShot484_6_zps0umxmzoo.png

Boom59027_zpsuvkepqht.pngSnapShot508_6_zps1v7kxtom.png

Boom59031_zpsic5zyo0k.pngSnapShot505_6_zpsdb6yjtlq.png

Boom59023_zpsgr4gqspa.pngSnapShot511_6_zpsfuolyxnt.png

Boom59019_zps2cd0vutl.pngSnapShot513_6_zpswkbj2f28.png

Boom59011_zpshishzhxc.pngSnapShot516_6_zpsottzhgzq.png

SnapShot320_3_zpsguffil1s.pngSnapShot524_6_zpsgdki24bk.png

SnapShot329_3_zpstk7chsve.pngSnapShot529_6_zpsn2bpbbcd.png

SnapShot335_3_zpska6127kq.pngSnapShot532_6_zpslxowupkq.png

SnapShot336_3_zps1ipir5sm.pngSnapShot533_6_zps38neyjff.png

SnapShot343_3_zpsvtiukj1n.pngSnapShot540_6_zps2f8jdcma.png

SnapShot356_3_zpsh2b0596d.pngSnapShot543_6_zpscowx7mmb.png

SnapShot358_3_zps6u8xlb0i.pngSnapShot545_6_zpsruwedpjq.png

SnapShot391_3_zpsurwrvtsu.pngSnapShot561_5_zpsouzwpcze.png

SnapShot411_2_zps3fgxrd9c.pngSnapShot576_4_zpswavoxrfq.png

SnapShot422_2_zpsrvt8brkm.pngSnapShot583_4_zpskwjdgmx7.png

SnapShot427_2_zpswj1gpdcg.pngSnapShot588_4_zpsyhssfea8.png

SnapShot443_2_zpswd2yaxjp.pngSnapShot600_4_zpsjystl2ke.png

SnapShot475_2_zpsbkecrkry.pngSnapShot627_2_zpsaams5wpe.png

SnapShot480_2_zpsofck7azf.pngSnapShot631_3_zpsud89aepc.png

SnapShot494_2_zpsvsijivkd.pngSnapShot636_3_zps9n2sm76t.png

SnapShot503_2_zpstqeug3an.pngSnapShot638_3_zpsfdbi0le5.png

SnapShot514_2_zps16e0ztre.pngSnapShot648_3_zpskf7kpo20.png

SnapShot523_2_zpsullttabf.pngSnapShot653_3_zps6m7qrnfw.png

SnapShot546_2_zps0x4cqdeb.pngSnapShot669_3_zpsqd3uvwct.png

SnapShot549_2_zpsghyvcshs.pngSnapShot670_3_zps1a1fcoag.png

Yep... HD makes quite the difference. Either CN needs to take back Sonic Boom, and give it better show times, or Boomerang needs to get freaking HD support, because it's cruddy quality is ridiculous... 

• Thumbs Up 2

And we got the preview images for FiendBot from the Sonic Tumblr. I called it that FiendBot will befriend Sonic and crew!

tumblr_ol4csxOaMw1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ol4csxOaMw1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ol4csxOaMw1u5cb23o3_1280.png  

Team Sonic gains an unlikely new ally when Eggman’s plans once again go wrong. But is it friend or fiend…bot? Catch Sonic Boom tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang.

#episode 214 - fiendbot #knuckles is the best video games player in the world#this will not be disputed #this is totally not knuckles writing these tags about how Sonic is only number 2 #count it #one... i forgot what comes next

• Thumbs Up 7

Gotta say, it's kind of nice seeing the team kicking back and playing video games together (ironic, given they originated from said medium). The fact that we get to see what they do together during their downtime in this show really helps to underline the fact that they're not just heroes-- they're good pals who enjoy goofing off when they're not saving the Village and really cherish each other's company.

Of course, that's not the entire point of the show, but it's good to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Soni said:

And we got the preview images for FiendBot from the Sonic Tumblr. I called it that FiendBot will befriend Sonic and crew!

Team Sonic gains an unlikely new ally when Eggman’s plans once again go wrong. But is it friend or fiend…bot? Catch Sonic Boom tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang.

#episode 214 - fiendbot #knuckles is the best video games player in the world#this will not be disputed #this is totally not knuckles writing these tags about how Sonic is only number 2 #count it #one... i forgot what comes next

This looks great, but it looks like Sticks will once again be absent from yet another season 2 episode. It always seems like she's here for 2 episodes in a row, only to be missing in the next... 

8 hours ago, Soni said:

Team Sonic playing some video games is a neat astethic. Those models are so shiny!

Also slight question, but how's the lighting/quality of Multi Tails on CN? I know the lighting was bad in Boomerang, but I'm curious to know if it's changed a bit since it's CN HD.

16 hours ago, Soni said:

Spoiler

N.ice call.

My guess is that the bot will end up destroyed by Sonic towards the end of the episode, after it tries to attack the rest of Team Sonic.

Something I noticed only now, you know how Fiend Bot has the typical robot eyes with thin pupils (like any other bot Eggman has built)? 

Well the next pic shows it having more wider circular pupils, tbh that's pretty cute animation thing, since it kinda makes it look as if Fiend Bot is (probably) interested in the game the gang's playing.

It also looks like as if it's smiling to a degree, mainly due to how the metal chin piece thing is positioned.

15 hours ago, SpongicX said:

This looks great, but it looks like Sticks will once again be absent from yet another season 2 episode. It always seems like she's here for 2 episodes in a row, only to be missing in the next... 

If there's one thing I genuinely don't like about this show it's that Sticks barley show's up half the time. Then again she's also one of my favorite Characters so that might have something to do with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honest, I'm not really bothered by Sticks not showing up a whole lot. She did used to put me off quite a bit to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

And we got a last minute preview image of the game Team Sonic were playing in today's episode,

Gee, Hungry Hungry Hippos looks a lot different in the Boom universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another winner from Denton and Hahn! "FiendBot" was funny (yes, there were more jabs toward the Boom sub-franchise itself), had some decent action sequences, and was topped off with a heaping helping of heartwarming. Now not only does Sonic have an awesome mech suit to use whenever it's needed, but the entire team has a giant robot pal! I'm looking forward to seeing him come back.

Certainly wasn't expecting the montage of scenes from season 1 episodes as the Sonic data was downloaded to FiendBot (heck, that was technically the first appearance of Shadow in season 2), or the Cubot prototypes to make a return, but it's still great to see more continuity all the same, especially as a fan of the show since the beginning.

• Thumbs Up 4

Fiendbot was another good episode. It's pacing was off at times, but it was still fun to watch. My only gripe was how it once again used a forced upon jab at making fun of the Sonic series again... We've already seen it done too much this season, with The Biggest Fan, and even last week's episode Mech Suits Me. The episode starts off with Sonic buying a classic video game the gang liked, which lead to Tails saying how the game Sonic got is the best in the series, and he mentions how the series went downhill ever since the series jumped  to 3d. Knuckles then rants about how the series just isn't the same, and Sonic starts complaining about the main character's leg color was changed. I don't know about you guys, but these jabs at the Sonic series, are starting to feel too forced and repetitive now. Luckily the rest of the episode was more entertaining.

This episode reminded me a bit of the Iron Giant in a way. This episode also had had some good continuity to it, and even had a flashback segment to previous episodes of Sonic Boom, highlighting many of Sonic's battles in past episodes, including the scene from the season 1 finale, where Shadow punches Sonic into the sky, and kicks him into the ground. Technically, this is Shadow's first appearance in Season 2, but it's just in the form of a video recording from Eggman though. 

The episode starts off with Sonic and pals playing a retro video game for old time sake, and Sonic and Knuckles end up going 14 hours straight, trying to beat each other, unfortunately, a water level came up, which made Sonic nervous, causing him to lose. Knuckles starts gloating over beating Sonic, and Sonic goes out to get the gang chili dogs. Sonic then gets attacked by Fiendbot. Fiendbot was programmed to see Sonic as an enemy, but Fiendbot has a conscience when he sees Sonic saving others from harm. He saves Perci, and Walrus Lady's baby, which causes Fiendbot to question his programming, since he doesn't see Sonic as a threat, like Eggman programmed him to think. Fiendbot attacks Eggman, and scares him off, and he starts following Sonic around, and treating him like a friend. Sonic's friends aren't too sure about Fiendbot, and seem to get a bit annoyed by him following them around. Eventually, Eggman attacks Sonic with more of his robots, (Including new prey mantis looking badniks)  and Fiendbot steps in and  takes a missile for Sonic, disabling him from functioning. The gang feels bad for not trusting him, after seeing Fiendbot risked his life to save Sonic. Tails finds a way to restore him, but it would require the circuitry of a rare sort, and Tails points out how the classic game Sonic bought contains the circuitry needed, and is their only shot. Knuckles risks giving up his high score to save Fiendbot. Fiendbot is restored, and the gang celebrates. 

In the end, Sonic wonders where Fiendbot will go, since he's too big to live in any of their houses, but they come up with a clever solution. Sonic and the gang lead Fiendbot to the Valley of Cubots, and explain to Fiendbot how this is a sanctuary for many abandoned robots of Eggman, however, the robots here aren't too bright. They entrust Fiendbot to lead and look after these robots in need of help, and Fiendbot accepts. Sonic even gives Fiendbot a communicator, making him a member of Team Sonic, and he promised that him and the gang would visit often. Fiendbot then gives them each a big hug.

It was a sweet episode. It had some pacing issues, and some worn out and predictable jokes, but the continuity, and character interactions really made this another great addition to season 2. 

Laughed throughout the episode. The jab at franchises was harsh. Lol Another good job from the duo. I like how they tied in to a previous episode. They rarely do that. I guess that means this isn't the last time we'll see fiendbot. The robot is pretty adorable (it gotta be the eyes). 

It's a little nitpick, but I feel like the relationship between the gang and fiendbot was a bit weak. Although it can be strengthened in later episodes if they ever bring the robot back. Also the lighting..yeah. It seems to be a staple for now on. No reason for me to keep bringing it up. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Another great episode, imo! Season 2 has really delivered so far.

I laughed at Eggman's comment about Sonic's "rugged good looks" and Cubot's "Hey hot stuff~!" remark. I initially thought that after the robot was revived, it would turn evil again and take Eggman's side... but... I was pleasantly surprised!

The last scene was a cool callback to the "Valley of Cubots" episode from season one.

As always, looking forward to seeing what next week's episode has in store! Btw, if anyone needs a link to the episode, let me know!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey, I found my ways!

But holy crap, that's another good one! Denton/Hahn are really nailing it with these episodes! It really is like The Iron Giant (even though I vaguely remember that movie but nevermind). FriendBot is so goddamn adorable, no one mess with my robotic son ever! Gotta love that jab at the beginning and just seeing Sonic and crew just having some downtime playing games before fighting is always pretty swell! And it's nice to have that montage sequence of clips from Season 1, would be hilarious if that was the only Shadow appearance in the entire season! I'm sure the Boom team won't tease people like that but I would find it absolutely hilarious if it was the case. It's also nice to see that Friendbot is going to chill with the defective Cubots until he's wanted. Also hey, we get to see the Mantis/Ant Bots! Still not sure which is which?

I wonder this is how Mighton and Bolts will be done as well. Sonic and crew meets them, befriends them and give them a communicator in case they need their assistance in a future battle. Hmmm, Sonic gets a Mech Suit and we got FriendBot and eventually Mighton and Bolts. Hmm, those multiparter episodes are going to be interesting ones.

But yeah, a really good and cute episode. Time for a second coming of Flynn Boom!