Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

58 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Is it just me, or did the show kind of ruin Perci? Say what you want about Rise of Lyric, but I loved Perci in that game. She was the only helpful character on Bygone Island, and was the only one who cared about what Lyric was up to. Not even Sticks was given that supportive of a role. She was too busy wanting to fill her obsession with shiny things, The Mayor was too absorbed with getting reelected, Fastidious was too busy bragging about some stupid speed record, and so on.

Meanwhile, Perci knew something bad was coming when she heard Lyric had returned, and she fought against the stubborn masses of the island, in order to help save everyone. She was the only one willing to help Sonic and friends out. Perci had a strong sense of justice in the video game.

Now when you compare that to her TV show counterpart, she's quite the opposite. She's constantly flirting and messing around with everyone, including Tails for being a handy mechanic, Knuckles for suddenly being famous, and now Sonic, just because he was in a mech suit. She's practically turned into a shallow materialist, who is only into people for what they have. That is not the Perci we knew from Rise of Lyric. I liked Perci better when she actually had a selfless role, instead of being treated like some eye candy for the villagers to swoon over.

Well, they kinda kept the "more responsible than other generics" thing... by making the rest even more intolerable by comparison. Nobody really stood out too much other than her in the games, but now we have Lady Walrus's baby-abandoning antics, Mark's obsessive fanboying, etc. (that is called a Straw Loser, by the way). The Beaver used to be easy to ignore, but now he and his newly-acquired lisp are in your face frequently.

I wonder how they'd write Cliff, QuiNCy, and the rest of the Boom game (and maybe comic?) cast in this series, given how Perci and that Fred-Earl guy were tackled? Maybe Cliff would be a braggart that often falls asleep? 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

I wonder how they'd write Cliff, QuiNCy, and the rest of the Boom game (and maybe comic?) cast in this series, given how Perci and that Fred-Earl guy were tackled? Maybe Cliff would be a braggart that often falls asleep? 

I would love to see Cliff appear on the show, despite having small appearances in Rise of Lyric, I liked his character. He seemed like a nice and caring old timer who really cared for Sonic and the gang. 

If he were in the show, I could see him as a father figure for Amy, and maybe have Cliff view Amy as his prodigy. I think it would be neat to see an episode where Amy recieves a message stating that Cliff is coming to visit. Amy would be excited to show Cliff all the stuff she's excavated , in hopes of making him proud. However, Sonic gets a little clumsy and accidentally breaks the artifacts she had picked out to show Cliff. Amy is devastated, and fears that Cliff will frown upon her with disappointment for not living up to his archaeological discoveries.

Amy starts pushing herself too hard with risking her life to find some new discoveries in dangerous locations. Sonic feels guilty for putting Amy through all of this, and decides that he and the gang should do their best to help her.

Sticks pulls out a treasure map she found in her burrow, and the gang decides to help Amy discover the treasure to present Cliff with.

Eggman finds out about the treasure while spying on them, and decides he wants to steal the treasure from them. Eventually, Amy and the guys find the treasure, only for Eggman to try taking it, which leads to a battle. During the battle, the treasure accidentally gets destroyed, and Amy is left with nothing.

The gang heads back, only to find Cliff waiting in front of Amy's house. Amy looks so disappointed and worried how she has no discoveries to showcase. Sonic steps up and takes responsibility for his actions, and he defends Amy for going through so much trouble, just to impress Cliff. Cliff however doesn't care that she has no discoveries, he's just happy to see his friend Amy again, and shares his appreciation for how much she went through, just to make him happy.

I personally  think this would be a nice way to bring Cliff into the series. It would also be a nice theme for an episode starring Amy. Amy has not had enough good episodes, so it would be nice to finally make an episode that gives her a heart warming ending. We've also seen many episodes where Sonic would stand up for his friends, like Tails and Knuckles, yet I don't recall seeing an episode where he boldly gives Amy the credit she deserves for all that they put her through. The only time he stood up for her, was when Eggman called her plan dumb, at the end of Aim Low, but that's it. We almost got an episode like that with Cabin Fever, but the writers chose to ruin the moment and end it with Amy being miserable again. Give Amy an ending she deserves already.

35 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I would love to see Cliff appear on the show, despite having small appearances in Rise of Lyric, I liked his character. He seemed like a nice and caring old timer who really cared for Sonic and the gang. 

If he were in the show, I could see him as a father figure for Amy, and maybe have Cliff view Amy as his prodigy. I think it would be neat to see an episode where Amy recieves a message stating that Cliff is coming to visit. Amy would be excited to show Cliff all the stuff she's excavated , in hopes of making him proud. However, Sonic gets a little clumsy and accidentally breaks the artifacts she had picked out to show Cliff. Amy is devastated, and fears that Cliff will frown upon her with disappointment for not living up to his archaeological discoveries.

Amy starts pushing herself too hard with risking her life to find some new discoveries in dangerous locations. Sonic feels guilty for putting Amy through all of this, and decides that he and the gang should do their best to help her.

Sticks pulls out a treasure map she found in her burrow, and the gang decides to help Amy discover the treasure to present Cliff with.

Eggman finds out about the treasure while spying on them, and decides he wants to steal the treasure from them. Eventually, Amy and the guys find the treasure, only for Eggman to try taking it, which leads to a battle. During the battle, the treasure accidentally gets destroyed, and Amy is left with nothing.

The gang heads back, only to find Cliff waiting in front of Amy's house. Amy looks so disappointed and worried how she has no discoveries to showcase. Sonic steps up and takes responsibility for his actions, and he defends Amy for going through so much trouble, just to impress Cliff. Cliff however doesn't care that she has no discoveries, he's just happy to see his friend Amy again, and shares his appreciation for how much she went through, just to make him happy.

I personally  think this would be a nice way to bring Cliff into the series. It would also be a nice theme for an episode starring Amy. Amy has not had enough good episodes, so it would be nice to finally make an episode that gives her a heart warming ending. We've also seen many episodes where Sonic would stand up for his friends, like Tails and Knuckles, yet I don't recall seeing an episode where he boldly gives Amy the credit she deserves for all that they put her through. The only time he stood up for her, was when Eggman called her plan dumb, at the end of Aim Low, but that's it. We almost got an episode like that with Cabin Fever, but the writers chose to ruin the moment and end it with Amy being miserable again. Give Amy an ending she deserves already.

The problem is that you are taking the stance that Cliff will be a father figure to Amy, when in the game Cliff was mainly a character that helped Team Sonic overall. In addition, if Cliff really was a father figure to Amy, surely he would have appeared before now in any of the 66 episodes that have already been released?

Furthermore you are quite biased towards Amy, and you have to remember that there is another 39 episodes, 39 chances for her turn to shine. 

On 31/01/2017 at 5:44 AM, Festive Fusion said:

One more thing about Mech Suits Me, while the whole Team Sonic is in it, Greg Hahn has hinted that it's more of a Sonic episode.

He also states that there's some Amy episodes in this season.

43 minutes ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

The problem is that you are taking the stance that Cliff will be a father figure to Amy, when in the game Cliff was mainly a character that helped Team Sonic overall. In addition, if Cliff really was a father figure to Amy, surely he would have appeared before now in any of the 66 episodes that have already been released?

Furthermore you are quite biased towards Amy, and you have to remember that there is another 39 episodes, 39 chances for her turn to shine. 

I'm aware there will be more, but after how poorly she gets treated in the series, I have little faith in being surprised by them, and I really wish to be proven wrong here.

The reason why Cliff would be great as a father figure for Amy is because both are archaeologists. It could easily be written out for Amy getting into archaeology, because Cliff might have been an idol for her. If any character were likely to have a stronger connection with Cliff, it would be Amy.

How am i biased towards Amy, when it's the show that is constantly biased towards treating her poorly? Even Eggman gets treated better than her, and he's the villain. I'm sick of all of these episodes that praise and glorify the other characters, while constantly leaving Amy to be constantly neglected, mistreated, portrayed poorly, and getting the short end of the stick. I don't recall her character profiles describing her as a joke that no one shows respect for. I just want Amy to be treated as fairly as the others? She's a member of Sonic's Team, and it would be nice to see her treated with the same amount of respect as the others.

Why is it that Amy mostly gets the depressing and mean spirited endings, while the others mostly get endings that practically praise them?! Although Tails has had a few bad endings, they never bothered me, because he's already the heroic focus of so many episodes, so to see misfortunes become of Tails are never a big deal, because he'll be back with more episodes that glorify him.

I can never get that vibe with Amy. I see it more as the writers thinking it's funny to harrass this poor character, despite all that she goes through to make her friends happy. The only confirmed episode for Amy this season is about her adopting a bee bot, and how the Village will scorn her for being dumb enough to raise the minion of a villain. That already sounds like a depressing episode.

However, I'll have my fingers crossed in hoping the episodes will be good, but after seeing how poorly she was treated in episodes like Chez Amy, Bro Down Showdown, Cabin Fever, and Strike, I have lost all faith in the writers with giving her respectful roles in episodes, even her role in last week's episode was wasted. She was the experienced archaeologist, yet the show decided to once again make her useless by having her friends find stuff on the first try, ruining the point of bringing up Amy's skills in archaeology.

You got me all wrong, I love this show, And I think season 2 has been better than season 1 so far, with only 2 episodes from this season I did not like. I'm just saying it would be nice to see Amy being treated like a respected member of Sonic's team, instead of constantly setting up reasons to mock her, while glorifying the other characters. Just look at Knuckles and Sticks, they were absent for a few episodes already in season 2, yet they still recieved more love and better roles than Amy has in season 2...

Also, keep in mind that Cliff doesnot live on Bygone Island, and was only there to drop the gang off there, and to show up at the end to celebrate the team's victory for defeating Lyric.

Also, keep in mind that the show's makers and the game's developers were working separately, and were not cooperative with setting up the stories for the show and video games. 

Even the characters from the games that ended up on the show were very different. Perci has a different personality and a different voice actress, the miner is now named Earl, and is a constrction worker, and Salt the hippo is now a bouncer instead of a sailor. The only characters who were left unchanged were Fastidious, and Mayor Fink.

To be honest, I take it all in stride. It doesn't really bother me all that much. I mean, it's all for laughs, and I'm certain the writers bear no ill will towards Amy.

But yeah, here's hoping she gets thrown a bone for once in a future episode.

• Thumbs Up 5

44 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

So what you are saying , they have made amy , meg. 

That's wildly depressing. 

Yes, it is depressing.

38 minutes ago, Soni said:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/sonic-boom/episodes/index.html

Have you heard the news? Of course, you didn't. Because there was no news.

So you can finally watch Boom Season 2 episodes 6 to 10 in HD on CN on Demand.

Out of the blue, with barely anyone knowing.

This show is so dead after this season..... : )

And reruns aren't there in CN's schedule.

I take it that they're gonna show more episodes like this?

On 2/7/2017 at 9:33 PM, Soni said:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/sonic-boom/episodes/index.html

Have you heard the news? Of course, you didn't. Because there was no news.

So you can finally watch Boom Season 2 episodes 6 to 10 in HD on CN on Demand.

Out of the blue, with barely anyone knowing.

This show is so dead after this season..... : )

Thanks for the heads up.

It's great to finally see these episodes are up in HD, too bad it's only on demand though. I'm trying to watch them through Sling TV, yet it keeps freezing, and dropping in quality... Thanks for nothing Cartoon Network, you lousy waste of money... 

Out of all the episodes that just got released in HD today, I'd say "I Can See Sonic's Fear From Down Here" looked the best in HD, along with "In the Midnight Hour".

It's a real crime that CN and Sega neglect this show, and that it's stuck airing low res episodes  on a crappy quality channel like Boomerang. This show deserves to be shown in HD. I'm still waiting for Season One to release on Blu ray/HD Digital in North America already... Sega and Cartoon Network just simply do not want our money, do they?...

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, Boom merchandise is still being made, so clearly they still want our money to some extent.

Regardless, the show doesn't deserve this treatment, and I hope things change for the better down the road.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2017 at 3:11 AM, SpongicX said:

They had the perfect moment for Amy to use her archaeology skills to find out what's been going on with Sonic

If that's the case, I'm... kind of glad she didn't. That knowledge should have been given to Knuckles. He would have been a natural without sounding like a know-it-all or a show-off, considering his love for nature. But no, the writers had to make him a muscle-bound meathead instead. Every time Amy opens her mouth to express her 'archaeological knowledge', I just want her to stop talking.

4 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

If that's the case, I'm... kind of glad she didn't. That knowledge should have been given to Knuckles. He would have been a natural without sounding like a know-it-all or a show-off, considering his love for nature. But no, the writers had to make him a muscle-bound meathead instead. Every time Amy opens her mouth to express her 'archaeological knowledge', I just want her to stop talking.

Boom!Amy being someone that likes something so interesting like archeology and apparently manages herself very well on it while being on an island where nobody really seems to care about that, (oh except by Charly that used to be archeologist too but now he's a villain--that must count as a profession in that village :D heheh) it must be frustrating and i think it could be a reason of why Amy would try to use any chance she has to show off how much she knows about the ancients and such.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Drawloverlala said:

Boom!Amy being someone that likes something so interesting like archeology and apparently manages herself very well on it while being on an island where nobody really seems to care about that, (oh except by Charly that used to be archeologist too but now he's a villain--that must count as a profession in that village :D heheh) it must be frustrating and i think it could be a reason of why Amy would try to use any chance she has to show off how much she knows about the ancients and such.

I found it hard to believe there was never any connection between Amy and Charlie, before he turned evil. You'd think Amy would have once known him.

I can possibly see an episode occurring someday where Charlie declares that he's given up his evil ways, and wants to go back to digging up artifacts. He could ask Amy to assist him in excavating new artifacts that can be donated to a children's museum, which Amy is on board with. However, upon finding some powerful ancient weaponry with Amy's help, he reveals that he never reformed, and used Amy, so she could help him analyze what the ancient weapons are, and how they work.

Charlie would then trap Amy, and use the weapons to seize the entire village. Amy would need to bust out, rescue her friends, and stop Charlie. 

It may sound a bit formulaic, but there's still a lot that the writers could do with this. Amy and Charlie are the only ones with some archaeological experience, it would seem likely for Amy to give Charlie a 2nd chance, especially if she realizes that they could combine their knowledge and skill to find new ancient discoveries.

There was even an entertaining Spongebob episode with a similar premise, where after Plankton and Sandy realize they're the only scientists in town, they combine their minds and inventions to try and make a evaporating teleportation device. Except in that episode, they made it clear that Plankton was only using Sandy, and made Sandy look gullible throughout, but the ending had a funny twist where Sandy revealed she knew Plankton would be using her, so she thought ahead of time to both perfect her machine, and give Plankton a well deserved punishment for trying to dupe her.

Your boi Bill just dropped the plot synopsis for Fiendbot!

Seems like Fiendbot will actually befriend Sonic and the two of them become best buds which will annoy his friends and Eggman, so they team up to destroy Fiendbot.

The things I come up with during sleep deprivation. 

AND WE FINALLY KNOW WHAT'S THE SECOND EPISODE FLYNN WROTE FOR THIS SEASON!

• Thumbs Up 6

8 hours ago, Soni said:

Your boi Bill just dropped the plot synopsis for Fiendbot!

Seems like Fiendbot will actually befriend Sonic and the two of them become best buds which will annoy his friends and Eggman, so they team up to destroy Fiendbot.

The things I come up with during sleep deprivation. 

AND WE FINALLY KNOW WHAT'S THE SECOND EPISODE FLYNN WROTE FOR THIS SEASON!

I can see maybe Eggman and Sticks wanting to destroy Eggman's new robot, but I don't think the others would. Tails would likely be intrigued over one of Eggman's robots betraying his creator, Amy would be compassionate enough to give Fiendbot a chance, and Knuckles would likely have too much fun goofing off with Fiendbot. Sticks on the otherhand would be too paranoid and untrustworthy, knowing he was built by a man out to destroy them. 

It looks like Og Man Out might be a sequel to Closed Door Policy afterall. Just look at how Sticks is sniffing the ground from a trail of what appears to be amphibious mucus. What if the Froglodite Og was never homesick, but was actually left behind? While the other Froglodites were busy abducting Sticks when Amy accidentally freed them, maybe Og went exploring, and somehow got lost?

Maybe this episode will show the villagers complaining about someone sneaking around their homes and businesses, and Sticks realizes there are signs of it coming from a Froglodite. Sticks and the others go back to the Froglodite's world, and demand to know how one of them escaped. The cheif would then reveal that none of them escaped, but Og hasn't come back. They assumed he was home sick, until days passed with no sign of him.

Amy offers the Froglodites for her friends to find Og, and send him back home to them. The Chief agrees to take Og off their hands, but he wants in exchange  more furniture from Sticks's burrow, which Sticks begrudgingly agrees to. The rest of the episode can focus on Sonic and pals, as they search for Og, and try luring him back home.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alan Denton hinted at this episode as early as it was known that Flynn is writing for the Boom cartoon.

Right under our noses.

You're a clever one... Mr. Denton!~

Just got the official statement

Handling worldwide distribution outside the US and Asia of the hit animation series with the speedy blue hedgehog, Lagardere Studios Distribution has already sold Sonic Boom's season 1 to nearly 170 countries—most recently to Nickelodeon for all German speaking countries. Season 1 has enjoyed strong international ratings since its launch two years ago. 

As for soon-to-be-here season 2, Lagardère Studios Distribution signed pre-sales to more than 90 countries around the world, including France, Italy, Portugal, Canada, Poland, and Ukraine.

So yeah, that's pretty neat. Seems like it's about time for Boom Season 2 to start airing in other countries, can't wait to hear the official statement from SEGA themselves. :^)

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

Just found this. Your thoughts?

sdfg.jpg

Pretty cool. If the Sonic Boom series really are that popular internationally, then they might actually consider a season 3. On the other hand you would have thought that Cartoon Network would treat it with a bit more respect though.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I can see maybe Eggman and Sticks wanting to destroy Eggman's new robot, but I don't think the others would. Tails would likely be intrigued over one of Eggman's robots betraying his creator, Amy would be compassionate enough to give Fiendbot a chance, and Knuckles would likely have too much fun goofing off with Fiendbot. Sticks on the otherhand would be too paranoid and untrustworthy, knowing he was built by a man out to destroy them. 

It looks like Og Man Out might be a sequel to Closed Door Policy afterall. Just look at how Sticks is sniffing the ground from a trail of what appears to be amphibious mucus. What if the Froglodite Og was never homesick, but was actually left behind. While the other Froglodites were busy abducting Sticks when Amy accidentally freed them, maybe Og went exploring, and somehow got lost?

Maybe this episode will show the villagers complaining about someone sneaking around their homes and businesses, and Sticks realizes there are signs of it coming from a Froglodite. Sticks and the others go back to the Froglodite's world, and demand to know how one of them escaped. The cheif would then reveal that none of them escaped, but Og hasn't come back. They assumed he was home sick, until days passed with no sign of him.

Amy offers the Froglodites for her friends to find Og, and send him back home to them. The Chief agrees to take Og off their hands, but he wants in exchange  more furniture from Sticks's burrow, which Sticks begrudgingly agrees to. The rest of the episode can focus on Sonic and pals, as they search for Og, and try luring him back home.

I think you are right, when I asked Ian to tease something for the next episode he answered "rewatch season 1" so it may be continuity focused.

26 minutes ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

Pretty cool. If the Sonic Boom series really are that popular internationally, then they might actually consider a season 3. On the other hand you would have thought that Cartoon Network would treat it with a bit more respect though.

Yeah, let's not forget-- despite CN's unbelievably horrible treatment of the show over here-- that Boom airs in other countries and we shouldn't judge its future by how it performs in the US alone.

I'm sure the show has a decent shot at more seasons, all things considered. I mean, if it was popular internationally during season 1, it's a fair bet that once season 2 debuts across the world, history will repeat itself-- especially given the increase in quality we've seen so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SonicWind said:

Yeah, let's not forget-- despite CN's unbelievably horrible treatment of the show over here-- that Boom airs in other countries and we shouldn't judge its future by how it performs in the US alone.

I'm sure the show has a decent shot at more seasons, all things considered. I mean, if it was popular internationally during season 1, it's a fair bet that once season 2 debuts across the world, history will repeat itself-- especially given the increase in quality we've seen so far.

Not to mention how we're only 1/4 into season 2, and most seem to agree that season 2 has a much better streak of good episodes compared to season 1's mixed bag of quality. Season one occasionally had streaks of dull or ok episodes, but Season 2 is packed with good ones.

If North America is enjoying season 2, despite NA's horrible neglect towards the show, then the rest of the world is sure to love season 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Soni said:

Alan Denton hinted at this episode as early as it was known that Flynn is writing for the Boom cartoon.

Right under our noses.

You're a clever one... Mr. Denton!~

Cool. Can't wait to see his other episode as I enjoyed his last one.

5 hours ago, Zers Editor said:

Just found this. Your thoughts?

sdfg.jpg

That's actually very good news. Great even. Hope this gives Season 3 a better chance of happening. Or maybe that's just me clinging on to hope again. Who knows...

Also, still waiting for Boom to come to Netflix guys. Guys? Are you even listening anymore? Of course not.

I thought Boom was already on Netflix though? I mean, probably not on the US since it's on Hulu but yeah....