Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I enjoyed the episode, but anyone else feel some of the characterisation was way out of whack? Perci in particular (as we saw last season) is supposed to be this fiercely independent person who is totally indifferent to people wanting to help her, but here she needed to be saved from the falling tree by Sonic and did the typical "you're my hero" shtick afterwards. Just felt jarring.

Just now, Mcbasilrocks said:

I enjoyed the episode, but anyone else feel some of the characterisation was way out of whack? Perci in particular (as we saw last season) is supposed to be this fiercely independent person who is totally indifferent to people wanting to help her, but here she needed to be saved from the falling tree by Sonic and did the typical "you're my hero" shtick afterwards. Just felt jarring.

It didn't bother me in this episode, her behavior in last week's episode was more out of place. I felt Perci gave Sonic a reasonable response to having been saved by him. What did you want her to do, slap Sonic, and tell him she didn't need saving? That's the first time she was ever in danger, and she showed Sonic thanks for carrying her away from getting crushed, what's so bad about that? I'm also kind of glad Sonic didn't hit on her in this episode either. She was just a civilian who was almost crushed in the crossfire of fiend bot, and Sonic saved her life. Also, she didn't see the tree coming towards her until it was almost too late, what else could have she done, it was a little too late for her to jump to the side, and it's not like she was screaming for someone to save her. I didn't think she was out of character at all, it was nice to see her being thankful to Sonic for saving her, and she didn't seem overly affectionate about it, as if she were in love with him, she just simply thanked him for saving her. It was also done so Fiend Bot would begin questioning his role to destroy the "enemy Sonic", if Sonic was being seen as a friend in his eyes, instead of an enemy.

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/Fiend Bot?sort=3&page=1

Here are screenshots for last night's new episode. 

• Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Another winner from Denton and Hahn! "FiendBot" was funny (yes, there were more jabs toward the Boom sub-franchise itself), had some decent action sequences, and was topped off with a heaping helping of heartwarming. Now not only does Sonic have an awesome mech suit to use whenever it's needed, but the entire team has a giant robot pal! I'm looking forward to seeing him come back.

Certainly wasn't expecting the montage of scenes from season 1 episodes as the Sonic data was downloaded to FiendBot (heck, that was technically the first appearance of Shadow in season 2), or the Cubot prototypes to make a return, but it's still great to see more continuity all the same, especially as a fan of the show since the beginning.

To be fair, although the mech suit and fiendbot will probably make re-appearances later on in the season, it will probably not be a...main story changing appearance and they most likely will say very little or not at all. I would rather have Sonic use the mech suit at least once in a fight but the chances of that happening are not very likely, just as the fiendbot coming back is not very likely. After all he is kind of overpowered, and involving him in a fight will probably introduce an anticlimax as he will just crush everything in his path.

Just now, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

To be fair, although the mech suit and fiendbot will probably make re-appearances later on in the season, it will probably not be a...main story changing appearance and they most likely will say very little or not at all. I would rather have Sonic use the mech suit at least once in a fight but the chances of that happening are not very likely, just as the fiendbot coming back is not very likely. After all he is kind of overpowered, and involving him in a fight will probably introduce an anticlimax as he will just crush everything in his path.

That is a very fair point and I agree with it, but regardless, I still hope to see both again later in the season (or the series in general, if we're lucky enough to get more seasons).

12 hours ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

Did they say that was Perci he saved? Could have been Staci.

39 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Did they say that was Perci he saved? Could have been Staci.

I am guessing it was Perci, the show only seems to show Staci when she's hanging out with Perci. It's safe to assume any showing of just one of the Bandicoot sisters is most likely Perci, unless stated otherwise. They really should change Staci's appearance, to give her a slight distinguishing stand out detail, to ensure viewers whether it's Perci or Staci. 

Also, We never really heard Staci's voice yet, but I'm guessing she would also share the same voice as Cindy Robinson. Regardless, it sounded like Perci's voice, and until the show makers decide to come forward and make a better solution for which one is Perci or Staci, we should just assume we're seeing Perci when she seems to appear in episodes.

Perci came first afterall, and the show's workers admit that Staci was basically just a copied background character of Perci, but they decided to make an excuse for her being a sister to Perci, instead of making her into an unexplained clone of Perci.  In other words, the show currently has no plans to use Staci outside of hanging out with her sister. Staci is currently just going to be used as part of a " hot twins" running gag.

well i really liked this episode! ^_^

about the first jokes about the game critics, i though it was funny that they include them.. i mean its something i hear very often about the franchise and from other game franchises.. its very normal at this point to hear those commentaries from anyone, and it is a bit discouraging but i got the joke :lol: i just would really like to see a more positive towards the fandom episode tho.. :) 

ADFSA i loved the music they chose for this episode haha Airwolf theme killed me haha

Fiendbot was such a cutie!!  and the robot battle action was really impresive as well! this episode also had the most conections to older episodes too!

and i also missed Sticks.. she dislikes robots but it would have been nice to see her accepting Friendbot as a friend too..

• Thumbs Up 3

Perci gets saved from a scrawny, little tree and Fiendbot takes the hit that Sonic could have easily avoided. Such drama(!) And Knuckles was willing to sacrifice his giant robot friend to keep his high score. Isn't he such a good friend(?)

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Perci gets saved from a scrawny, little tree and Fiendbot takes the hit that Sonic could have easily avoided. Such drama(!) And Knuckles was willing to sacrifice his giant robot friend to keep his high score. Isn't he such a good friend(?)

Dunno but i think even if an object isn't significative big or heavy if it falls over you still hurts :lol: heh

Also Sonic wouldn't let a tree fall over Perci or over anyone anyways..

And when did Knuckles negate Tails to use the game to save Fiendbot? I though he just lamented the was going to lose his high score. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Your sarcasm needs work. A lot of work. In fact, you might even sound microscopically more intelligent if you just stated outright what and why you don't like it

• Thumbs Up 6

Let me guess, next week, a certain user is going to find another excuse to start complaining about the show, just because they dislike it, and think others should dislike it as well... 

While I'm guilty of admitting which parts of episodes I don't like, at least I'm willing to overlook it by looking at what else the episodes have to offer. Last weeks' episode opened up with another tiresome jab at how "classic games rock, modern games suck" but did that stop me from enjoying what the rest of the episode offered? Of course not! There's nothing wrong with sharing criticism on a show, it helps give the makers some tips on what they want to see more or less of in the show. However, if you're not willing to look for anything nice about the show, then you're better off just leaving others alone. 

This topic should be about discussing what we like in Sonic Boom, or what we'd like to see in Sonic Boom, and not be about  leaving sarcastic remarks suggesting how you think this show stinks... If you're not a fan  of Sonic Boom, then look for another board on The Sonic Stadium to talk in, because Sonic Boom clearly isn't the board for you. If you can't respect the fact that there are others who like this show. 

I didn't like the episode Tommy Thunder, or Strike very well, yet you don't see me talking down to others who did like those episodes. Season 2 still has some flawed moments, but I personally think the show has improved a lot over season 1, and has a lot more variety to it's episodes, music, and even character interactions. Season 1 had too many familiar moments throughout the series, like repetitive fights against Eggman's robots with the same attacks and music playing during the battles,  but I can't say I've seen a single season 2 episode that felt too generic or similar to another season 2 episode, or even season 1 for that matter. Season 2 has done a great job at taking plots that seem familiar, while completely twisting them around into something else. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Can you just stop. Please? You've talked about so many times that you were done watching this show, yet you're still here watching it and finding the teeniest tiniest things to talk about. News flash, if a tree of that size falls on you it will most certainly hurt. It could be possible Sonic was caught off guard thus having no time to dodge. Knuckles was not willing to sacrifice Friendbot in order to keep his record, he just exclaims that thing about his record because he knows it will disappear. Not once does he try to stop them from taking his record and he was happy to see Friendbot revived. Please, if you're going to complain about something, know what you're complaining about. And don't say things like "Goodbye, this show is officially dead to me" or "This show is just as bad as TTG" but inevitably still keep coming back to it.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 hours ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

Your sarcasm needs work. A lot of work. In fact, you might even sound microscopically more intelligent if you just stated outright what and why you don't like it

You could say the same for your tact or lack there of. There's absolutely no need for the insult here. If you have an issue with what someone says or disagree with it even, express it in a constructive and respectful manner. Undermining someone's intelligence it not the way to do it as not only is it not contributive to constructive conversation it is also against the rules we have established here as well.

Also before I give my take on the latest episode let me say this: there is nothing wrong with giving criticism regarding the Sonic Boom cartoon as it isn't reasonable nor required for all posts to be of a positive nature. If someone doesn't like it then by all means they should be able to express their grievances without being jumped on or told what they should do. However, keep in mind that coming into a topic just to simply do that isn't going to be looked well upon especially if you aren't being constructive about it. It goes both ways here. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but being courteous to one another is important too even when expressing said opinion.

"Fiendbot" was a really good episode! Plenty of laughs, character interaction, jabs and continuity to previous episodes that made this one really enjoyable to watch. 

And with a great episode definitely comes with some observations:

xapYhXU.png?1
Tails, Knuckles and Amy playing a game of cards together when Sonic storms in. I absolutely love seeing Team Sonic doing things together no matter how simple it is :) The jabs with Sonic not doing so well in 3D, game companies ruining their beloved franchises and backlash in regards to Sonic's blue arms in the Sonic Boom sub-series got a good laugh out of me.

LxxNpjX.png?1
Video game characters playing video games :P

zpsOHN8.png?1
Sonic's face upon learning that level 27 was an underwater level seeing that he can't swim!

xzsThyI.png?1
Among several downloads of video data were clips of previous episodes in Season 1 including the finale which had Shadow the Hedgehog! I hope we will get to see him and Metal Sonic soon! 

FJoCVqp.png?1
Cubot flirting with Dr. Eggman's latest invention-hilarious!

sp6RiAt.png?1
Things are getting destructive courtesy of FriendBot during a dance party with Team Sonic!

iUS6VUE.png?1
Dr. Tails to the rescue after FriendBot saved Sonic and his processor getting destroyed in the...well, process.

5laCTwD.png?1
Confetti! Nice touch on FriendBot, Tails! ^_^

iV2yO5F.png?1
Sonic decided to have FriendBot live with the Cubot prototypes, whom he and Tails discovered in Episode 36 "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots".

beFGUXs.png?1
And the episode ends with Friendbot giving Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy a big group hug :) Not before Knuckles takes another opportunity to gloat, of course :P

There were many more observations in this episode but I like to keep it down to 10 ;)

Again this was very good episode with a lot of things to enjoy and look at as well as laugh at making it very fun overall. I thought the episode was going to end with "Friendbot" turning on Team Sonic so the fact that didn't happen as a nice surprise. Good stuff all around. My only complaint is that Sticks wasn't present in this episode as it would of been nice to see her hang out with her friends at least as they were hanging out and having fun. That is the 4th time in 14 episodes in Season 2 of Sonic Boom that one of my favorite characters hasn't appeared in so far. If I remember correctly Sticks was absent in 6 episodes out of the 52 in Season 1 yet we are at 4 more than a quarter underway with Season 2. Other than that I thought this was a great episode. Curious to see what "Og Man Out is about!"

• Thumbs Up 7

It is a slight shame that she is absent the most in episodes, but at least she's been in plenty of episodes where she stood out the most. Almost any episode starring Sticks ends with her being the big hero, except for maybe Curse of the Cross-Eyed Moose, since all she really did in that episode was mess up her friend's lives over her paranoia, but hey, that part where she saddled up on a bee bot, and flew it around to destroy Eggman's other robots was still pretty cool. 

Think of it this way though, her being absent from episodes can be a good thing, since her inclusions can sometimes ruin a surprise for an episode. The creators themselves have admit before that Sticks's character revolves around her  sounding crazy, but  ironically ends up being right a lot of the time. Sometimes it works for a good laugh, but other times, it can be predictable as heck, and spoil an episode's surprise twist. You can expect any time she suspects Eggman is to be up to something, that he will be up to something. There have been a few episodes where Sonic suspects Eggman is behind something, yet sometimes is wrong, but anytime it's Sticks that does it, she's right. 

Look at the episode The Biggest Fan for instance. We already had Amy portrayed as the one who sensed trouble with having Sonic spend time with Mark. It was more fitting for Amy to worry for Sonic in that episode, because she's the one with lessons in psychology, so she had a better understanding of people with unhealthy obsessions. Amy worrying for Sonic made more sense than Sticks just rambling about how the guy can't be trusted. The audience already should have known  Mark looked like trouble with his sinister smile and tones upon Sonic, so the episode didn't really need Sticks to hammer in what we already know. 

Sticks's main character trait is sounding crazy, and oddly being right in the end. So any time she appears in an episode, and blurts out a crazy conspiracy, chances are a part of the episode has been spoiled ahead of time. There are some episodes where it works out well, but then there are episodes where having Sticks blurt stuff out would just ruin the episode's surprise. 

I'm guessing the main reason Sticks wasn't in last week's episode, was because we already had Tails, Knuckles, and Amy being unsure of Fiendbot. Maybe the writers felt it would've felt odd to see Sticks suddenly trust a robot that isn't small and cute like Buster or D-Fekt. Sticks hates robots, especially the big destructive ones. Maybe the writers couldn't find a believable way to have her suddenly trust Friendbot. Maybe she was originally meant to be in the episode, but the writers might have found Sticks too harsh on Friendbot, and found it better off to exclude her, instead of trying too hard to find a work around. Sticks can be given all the evidence needed, and she still probably wouldn't have trusted Friendbot. This is Sticks we're talking about, the one who mercilessly chucked U.T. into the ocean, after he helped them rescue Tails and stop Eggman. It would have felt too forced to have Sticks act like she trusts or cares for Friendbot, despite not caring.

Maybe the writers intended to write Sticks out of Fiendbot, in order to make a later episode about Sticks finding out about him? Imagine how awkward it would be for Sticks to suddenly see her friends hanging around a giant robot like it's no big deal. It might be cute to see an episode dedicated to Friendbot trying so hard to comprehend why Sticks won't like him, and to see how far he'll go to gain her trust. I wouldn't mind seeing an episode dedicated to that, it would allow the writers all the time they need to properly introduce Sticks to Friendbot, and have a stronger and less forced approach at having Sticks growing a trust and friendship with Friendbot. 

11 hours ago, Kiah said:

Also before I give my take on the latest episode let me say this: there is nothing wrong with giving criticism regarding the Sonic Boom cartoon as it isn't reasonable nor required for all posts to be of a positive nature. If someone doesn't like it then by all means they should be able to express their grievances without being jumped on or told what they should do. However, keep in mind that coming into a topic just to simply do that isn't going to be looked well upon especially if you aren't being constructive about it. It goes both ways here. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but being courteous to one another is important too even when expressing said opinion.

I'm all for constructive criticism but the criticism I have noticed so far are not constructive, period.

It's just taking harmless jokes and making them sound like every character is mean-spirited and hates each other, when it's just not the case. And I don't know about you but I'll be brutally honest, it's become rather annoying to hear the same buzzwords like "torture" and the like every time a new episode airs and I just hear the same stuff over and over again, it's tiring and I lose my patience bit by bit.

Dumb mini-rant aside, the Uncutting Crew commentary of The Biggest Fan is up and about! Was it worth the effort of Donnie making sure Kevin and Cat watched this episode blind? Only one way to find out!

• Thumbs Up 5

17 hours ago, Kiah said:

You could say the same for your tact or lack there of. There's absolutely no need for the insult here. If you have an issue with what someone says or disagree with it even, express it in a constructive and respectful manner. Undermining someone's intelligence it not the way to do it as not only is it not contributive to constructive conversation it is also against the rules we have established here as well.

Sorry. I admit some of it was my fault, maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh. On the other hand, I don't have a problem with people stating why they may or may not like an episode, however if they aren't going to be 'reasonable' or 'constructive' then they shouldn't wonder why they are receiving the same treatment. I apologise if it upset anyone reading it, please understand that this isn't my normal mode of behaviour. However if people can't give constructive criticism, and continue to comment it really does wear down my almost negligible patience.

On a slightly more positive note, my favourite part of the episode is the re-collections of Sonic's previous fights. The fact that they were not just abandoning the previous episodes sat well with me, and quite a fair few other people as well if I'm not more mistaken. Furthermore, showing the fiendbot's fighting prowess before ultimately leading to him sacrificing himself to save Sonic actually was a stroke of genius, as it highlighted the shock the watchers felt at his death just when they were expecting him to survive and remain triumphant.

On the other hand, I don't know if I would like him to reappear in a later episode as I actually grew quite fond of him, and, if he does come again the likelihood of him having a good role will be questionable, and I would rather like my memories of him to remain untarnished. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally saw Fiendbot and it was another cute episode! Laughed when they jabbed at the gaming companies (and to a degree Boom itself) right off the bat.

It was nice to see Team Sonic play some video games like a friendly competition. Knuckles' gloating was funny, as well as his victory dance-

tumblr_inline_olew1khCTO1taxesp_500.gif

Lol at Sonic's annoyed expression when he lost.

Friend Bot was fookin adorable. I loved how they changed his eyes to form the puppy eye shtick. It looked pretty cute on him and it's probably to signify he's a friend now. I also liked how Sonic was patient with Friend Bot and his team. Even though Friend Bot was made by Eggman, the bot didn't attack Sonic, and the latter offered a chance to be friends with the group. It's only when Friend Bot saved Sonic from a missile the others realise it has good intentions.

There were a couple of cute moments, Friend Bot hanging out with the group (and screwing up in the process), and they used the same montage music from last weeks episode (It's a tweaked version of It's Not Unusual). Friend Bot hugging the group was pretty cute as well. Continuity was a bit strong here, they mentioned the Cubot Prototypes, and even put that Shadow clip from the season finale!

tumblr_inline_olew4aG4ZM1taxesp_500.png

Overall it was another nice episode, Friendbot also got a communicator, (the goof was that he wears it when he first meets Sonic as an enemy). and I hope we'll get to see him again!

(And I had to constantly change from Fiend Bot to Friend Bot when typing this lel.)

Also saw the Uncutting Crew's Biggest Fan reaction video and the reactions were priceless.

• Thumbs Up 4

We got the plot synopsis to Og Man Out!

Yep, it's pretty much heavily relied on Closed Door Policy. Why do I get the feeling Og might join Team Sonic?

I mean, FriendBot is part of the team now and eventually Mighton and Bolts well join as well so is Boom doing the Teen Titans route of hiring new members onto their adventures?

We got more Benoit goodness with Knine to Five Knuckles next week!

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Soni said:

We got the plot synopsis to Og Man Out!

Yep, it's pretty much heavily relied on Closed Door Policy. Why do I get the feeling Og might join Team Sonic?

And here I suspected Og Man out would be about the gang finding out that Og was never homesick, and just ended up lost when the Froglodites were freed and took Sticks.

Now it sounds like it is an episode about the Froglodites returning to invade, while Og is not wanting to help his own kind with attacking others. Og will likely befriend Sonic and friends, and fight against his own tribe to protect his new friends. The episode is named Og Man Out, which implies he's an outsider, and the episode is described to have a number of Froglodites break free again.

I wonder how they get out this time? Maybe they trick Knuckles by speaking to him from the other side of the designer shelf they're barricaded behind, or maybe they trick Amy into letting them out, by making up stories that cause Amy to feel compassionate for them? There are so many possibilities for how they can escape again.

If this episode is about Og befriending Sonic's gang, I wonder who will befriend him first. It sure as heck won't be Sticks. I have a feeling Amy would be most suitable. Amy will likely take pity on Og, and decide to give him a chance to prove he's better than the other Froglodites. I wonder if everyone but Sticks would know about this. It might be kind of fun to see the gang hiding Og from Sticks, while Sticks starts sensing something is off, and starts sniffing out a trail.

I am excited for this episode. Closed Door Policy would probably go at #8 out of my top 10 favorite episodes from season 1. It's nice to see this episode will get a sequel, and written by Archie's arguably best writer for the Sonic comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm what was it Ian said on his Podcast "Humor's great but I wish there were more action based episodes" or something similar? And now his second episode is an Action based episode from the sound of things.

Just sayin'.