Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 2/2/2017 at 11:11 AM, Festive Fusion said:

Synopsis for Mech Suits Me!

Uh oh, will this cause Sonic to turn on his friends? Will they all gang up on him, and try to get him to take it off? I look forward to seeing how this goes, I wonder what will cause Sonic to finally take it off. I hope it has something to do with Amy, it would be nice to finally see her save the day for once, and I think she would be the most useful character for talking sense into someone. It would also be a nice homage to her character in both Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2, like when she pleaded Gamma to let her go, and begged Shadow to give the world a chance. It would be interesting to see Sonic's friends get weakened by Sonic, only for Sonic's uncontrollable behavior to target Amy last, which Amy would then use a last minute resort to beg Sonic to snap out of it. That would be the best way to end the episode, by having Amy be the one to get Sonic to wake up, and stop his changed behavior. 

Chances are, I'm guessing it will most likely be Tails who finds a solution, since he's a wiz at mechanics, or maybe even Eggman is relied on to destroy Sonic's mech suit, but I would honestly get a bit annoyed if that happened, since Tails and Eggman have been the solution solvers in many episodes. Give it to Amy for once, it doesn't need to involve Amy kissing Sonic or anything, but give her a chance to do something productive for once. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Twist

This is the shadow episode, sonic gets a big head and they call shadow in and shadow rocks him. Sonic tries to thank him and and before shadow leaves he  suggests he should value his friends. Suggesting that shadow could also be his friend, he brushes off the idea and walks away.

36 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Twist

This is the shadow episode, sonic gets a big head and they call shadow in and shadow rocks him. Sonic tries to thank him and and before shadow leaves he  suggests he should value his friends. Suggesting that shadow could also be his friend, he brushes off the idea and walks away.

Lol dream on. Remember that Sonic's powers are amplified when he wears the mech suit. Shadow wouldn't be able to defeat him, especially when he struggles to defeat Sonic in a 1v1. I think that they will emphasise on the strong bonds between the friends and rely on those to relieve Sonic of the mech suit.

Who would you guys think would win in a fight, if it does come to that, between Sonic in his mech suit versus the remaining members of Team Sonic?

We have our preview images from the Sonic Tumblr:

tumblr_okpnapuMms1u5cb23o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_okpnapuMms1u5cb23o2_1280.jpg

"It’s metallic madness as Sonic is possessed by an ancient mechsuit. Find out what happens on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

So, this mech suit pilots its pilot, huh? This could get interesting...

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

Lol dream on. Remember that Sonic's powers are amplified when he wears the mech suit. Shadow wouldn't be able to defeat him, especially when he struggles to defeat Sonic in a 1v1. I think that they will emphasise on the strong bonds between the friends and rely on those to relieve Sonic of the mech suit.

Who would you guys think would win in a fight, if it does come to that, between Sonic in his mech suit versus the remaining members of Team Sonic?

That wasn't a real suggestion?

also the only time iirc sonic fought shadow 1 on 1 with out mind control. Is in the show, rise of lyric had tails involvement. And in the show, the only time shadow got hit was when eggman distracted him.  So that, also the plot line could hypothetically be, the suit doesn't really make sonic stronger. Bonus, if shadow has inhibitors like regular shadow... well that.

But yo it wasn't serious anyway 

34 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

tumblr_okpnapuMms1u5cb23o2_540.jpg

Why do I keep getting an unfinished feel from looking at Sonic in this pic right now? There's like... no shading.

5 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Why do I keep getting an unfinished feel from looking at Sonic in this pic right now? There's like... no shading.

His eyes isn't redder, give him more red eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Soni said:

His eyes isn't redder, give him more red eyes.

Red Eyes, Red Eyes For Everyone!!

23 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Red Eyes, Red Eyes For Everyone!!

" i had red eyes before it was cool " 

- shadow

3 hours ago, SonicWind said:

"It’s metallic madness as Sonic is possessed by an ancient mechsuit. Find out what happens on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

Figured he would get possessed by the mech. He operates it just like how Charlie operates his mech.

I'm hoping his friends would try to make him get his willpower back or something like that.

So Sonic gets posessed and it looks like its gonna be up to Tails to help him! Perfect! I'm kinda hoping its gonna come down to adorable bro stuff to help free Sonic.

Hmm, 'Fiendbot'. What's Eggman going to invent next, Twerkbot? The robot that forces people to twerk against their will? That could be very... interesting. For a kids' show.

9 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Huh. So Sonic is a discount Charlie (from Counterproductive). Go to know.

Just before you get to watching the 13th episode of Boom Season 2, listen to a fun commentary from the Uncutting Crew of the Not-Back To The Future Boomisode!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Mrs. Vandersnout is supposed to be the mother or grandma of T.W. Barker. Think about it, both are Wolfs that present themselves as kind and sometimes helpless beings, but they're actually nasty con artists who only care about themselves, and treat others horribly. Is it possible that they are related, and come from a line of nasty con artist wolfs? 

Comedy Chimp's sidekick Wolfy is possibly the only wolf citizen in Sonic Boom to not have some form of twisted intentions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SpongicX said:

I wonder if Mrs. Vandersnout is supposed to be the mother or grandma of T.W. Barker. Think about it, both are Wolfs that present themselves as kind and sometimes helpless beings, but they're actually nasty con artists who only care about themselves, and treat others horribly. Is it possible that they are related, and come from a line of nasty con artist wolfs? 

That would make a fair bit of sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, was that a great episode or what?! "Mech Suits Me" was funny and action-packed! Plus, Sonic gets to keep the mech without the risk of possession just in case (thank goodness-- Mech!Sonic was a little scary)! Another good one from Denton and Hahn!

And to think-- we're getting another episode from them next week! It's such a shame people are missing out on season 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked Mech Suits Me, it was a pretty unique episode, but the ending felt far too rushed. It wasn't a bad kind of rushed though, but the pacing felt off.

The Beginning was pretty fun, it started off suspenseful with the gang being hunted down in the jungle, but it turns out they were just playing a game called "jungle predator" and Sonic was it. Sticks comes across a cave that belonged to the ancients, which is where they find the mech suit. Eggman was spying on them the whole time, and decided to trap them in the cave with a force field, but Sonic breaks them out with the mech suit, and nearly kills Eggman by punching him into a boulder, and nearly shooting him to death, until Amy snaps him out of it. 

There's a lot of jabs at modern day trends, including the Illuminati, and even a rant similar to people who wear their pants too low around their wastes. We even get a Spider-Man 3 like montage of Sonic cruising around town in his evil new suit, but don't worry, it's not awkward, and you won't see an emo Sonic dancing horribly. He does hit on Perci and her twin Stacy in front of Amy though, and she was not happy about that. 

Eventually, the gang goes back to the ruins and find statistics to Sonic's mech suit, and when they show it to Sonic and tell him about how the suit is possessive, Sonic snaps at them, and flees to join Eggman. There was a funny montage where Eggman imagines how great it would be to pair up with an evil Sonic, and it ends showing an elderly Sonic and Eggman sitting on a park bench feeding pigeons, and they both have silver mustaches (That was kind of funny.)

Sonic eventually gets too powerful, that Eggman starts plotting behind Sonic out of fear, but Cubot points out how Sonic overheard everything, and he chases down Eggman with the intent to kill him. However, Sonic's friends step up, and fight back. Just as I predicted, Tails was the one who solves the problem, he dives inside the suit while Sonic was still in it, and he yanks out a chip that powered the suit. It causes Sonic to come back to his senses, and he quickly abandons the suit, while mentioning how it might come in handy, and it ends with Amy asking Sonic "So, you don't remember anything from this, like the twins?!" Sonic responds "Oh, I remember the twins quite well." Amy growls and raises her hammer, but Sonic quickly recovers by saying he remembers them, because he didn't like them, then Amy gives a pleased smile, and the episode ends. 

The episode had a lot of action and funny moments, and I thought the episode did a great job at showing the concern of Sonic's friends over what's become of Sonic, and I loved how they did their best to free him. I liked how they understood it wasn't Sonic's fault for his behavior, instead of showing a lot of scenes with them getting mad at Sonic. The episode did end too soon though. I did laugh at the exchange with Sonic and Amy at the end, but the way Sonic just leaves the suit behind, while mentioning it could come in handy some day felt too rushed. Even the fight to save Sonic from the mech suit felt rushed as well. Regardless of pacing, this was still a good episode, with a lot of action and laughs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked the episode. Alot more action pack this time around. Amy's rant about properties and the crew becoming self aware made me brust out in laughter. 

Also the way sonic acted in the mech suit is giving me some vibes of "Emo Peter" from Spiderman 3. 

• Thumbs Up 2

How fitting is it that they're showing a rerun of The Sleeping Giant right now? Pretty fitting to show a rerun of an episode that has something to do with the time of The Ancients, just like the episode that premiered today. It will be even better if "Counter Productive" airs next, since that's another episode that has something to do with The Time of The Ancients as well. 

While rewatching the episode for screenshots, I came across some details I forgot to mention earlier.

First off is how the opening is a parody of the sci-fy classic Predator.

Eggman makes a reference to Chef Ramsay, when he mentions how he loves the show about the angry chef who visits bad restaurants, and yells at people.

This is Perci's first season 2 appearance, and the first time her twin sister Stacey is referred to by name.

During the montage of Eggman and Sonic being evil best friends, even Sonic's mech suit has an old mustache, during the part where it shows Sonic and Eggman as elderly old men. (LOL)

Carrying the season 2 tradition, Sticks pulls out another weapon instead of her boomerang. She pulls out a wooden martial art staff, when fighting against Sonic's suit during the climax.

Sticks mentions how she has a doomsday bunker, and complains how she never gets to use it. Why didn't she bring it up as a last resort, during the episode where a meteor was going to destroy them?! LOL. 

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/Mech Suits Me?sort=3&page=1

SnapShot214_5_zpscpwg1eir.png
Even his mech suit has an old man's moustache, lol. 

Screens from today's new episode.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

There's a lot of jabs at modern day trends, including the Illuminati, and even a rant similar to people who wear their pants too low around their wastes.

That sounds potentially bad, hope they handled that with tact, I missed the episode. 

Best pictures from today's episode.

Spoiler

SnapShot47_2_zpsszfy2kwl.png
The opening scene had some great lighting and camera work.

SnapShot143_4_zpstihpmpak.png
SnapShot144_4_zpsiro2yegy.png
SnapShot147_4_zpsowefgjrg.png
SnapShot148_4_zpsrt5tx2jr.png
SnapShot150_4_zpsnyydteod.png
Damn! Sonic nearly murdered Eggman here!

SnapShot168_5_zpsydsnmv9v.png
SnapShot171_5_zpsdlwbes4u.png
SnapShot172_5_zpshvbsrcq5.png
SnapShot176_5_zpsbj3kpvav.png
Sonic the Hornhog

SnapShot189_5_zpsj9jlrg2t.png
SnapShot191_5_zpst5onyrc9.png

SnapShot206_5_zpsg8rzu52p.png
Eggman begins imagining how a life long evil partnership with Sonic would be like.
SnapShot209_5_zps0gshmfry.png
SnapShot213_5_zpsquegtoun.png
SnapShot208_5_zpsgvzpycd7.png
SnapShot214_5_zpscpwg1eir.png
SnapShot215_5_zpsfsih3fqu.png

SnapShot217_5_zpsmiax5rkg.png
Even Eggman is freaked out when Sonic mercilessly threatens the mayor.

SnapShot220_5_zpspur3jhm5.png
SnapShot223_5_zpshn60zu3f.png
SnapShot226_5_zpsxzrxg1e9.png

SnapShot229_5_zpseia6w3fq.png
Cubot points out how Sonic overheard his plot to take his suit.
SnapShot230_5_zpsdnbsqrbo.png
And Sonic is loaded with rage to find out.
SnapShot237_5_zpsdvcyieqs.png

SnapShot241_5_zpsfmlpfdt6.png
SnapShot240_5_zpsuguj8yf1.png
SnapShot242_4_zpssz5bd9jx.png
SnapShot243_4_zpsladsftc4.png
Mustache Malfunction

SnapShot244_4_zpsccnqnem9.png

SnapShot248_5_zpsg49oyfmq.png
Sonic's friends come to save Sonic from the evil suit.

SnapShot250_5_zpsquuoslws.png
SnapShot251_5_zpsaolo12xn.png

SnapShot254_5_zpsu27avcaz.png 
Sticks pulls out another new weapon this week, and it's a martial arts staff. It's only a matter of time before she wields a katana, shurikens, or a machete, am I right?

SnapShot258_5_zpsaphridcb.png
SnapShot259_5_zpsrn8l3ehk.png
SnapShot261_5_zpsdsbeqi8v.png
SnapShot262_5_zpsyg4mb83c.png
SnapShot280_4_zps0putzshx.png
I liked how Amy used her hammer to get Tails in close enough to Sonic's mech suit, so he could disable it.
SnapShot285_4_zps1glscjvd.png
SnapShot292_4_zpsb4izdqr7.png
Sonic has been saved

And the episode ends with some funny banter between Amy getting jealous over Sonic's affection for the twins, as Sonic comes up with a recovery to make her not mad at him.
SnapShot300_3_zpsdeyfokks.png
SnapShot301_3_zpsgyoafky3.png
SnapShot302_3_zpsh5emr6cd.png
SnapShot305_4_zpslljjijyr.png
SnapShot306_4_zpsujxfctzl.png
SnapShot307_5_zpsiiingcdr.png
SnapShot308_5_zpsp4obbnon.png

Just now, Shadowlax said:

That sounds potentially bad, hope they handled that with tact, I missed the episode. 

It wasn't bad at all. Sticks only mentions Illuminati when they were exploring the cave where the suit was found. Sonic asked who could have made all of the markings in the cave, and Sticks blurts out "Illuminati?!" And as for the pants joke, it was only an allusion. Sonic cut in line at Meh Burger while being possessed by his suit, and the loony old man monkey starts ranting to Sonic about how rude this generation his. He rants about "People with their loose hanging metal suits" then he yells at Sonic to "Put on a belt!" That's all it was, it didn't actually show teens and young adults walking with their pants down low, it just made a nod to it, in regards to Sonic's mech suit, so don't worry.

Overall another solid episode of Sonic Boom.  Lots of fun/funny moments and dialogue.  This show is really on its A-game this season! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw the episode, holy crap I loved it!

First, it starts off with a Predator homage which is really dope, action-packed and incredibly amusing at the same time. I also liked the sunset lighting of the forest, it looks really nice. Then we get more Ancients stuff, nice to see the Boom team will still bring back that lore RoL/SC had and seeing the caves the Ancients made were really cool! Surprisingly, no mention of Charlie at all. How strange? And the mech suit had a really nice design to it and how the suit takes control of you is just like how the Symbiote was like in Spider Man 3. And man, Evil Sonic is legit scary tho or atleast intimidating. Just seeing him act like the biggest douche ever is exactly like how Emo Peter was in Spider Man 3, seeing Sonic flirt with Perci and Staci and just having the douchiest smirk ever is so hilarious to me. And also geez, Sonic almost killed Eggman atleast twice in this episode. And hey, Amy's archaeology gets referenced in this episode; nice to see that aspect got used of Boom Amy. And hey, at the end; they destroyed the mind control ship so Sonic can use the mech suit without having to worry he's going to be a dickwad to his friends. Can't wait to see the mech get used more in future episodes, possibly in the multiparters?

I loved this episode for being more action-packed than the typical Sonic Boom episode while still having the great comedy the show is known for! 

Got a fourth favorite Boom Season 2 episode now!

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Soni said:

And hey, Amy's archaeology gets referenced in this episode

Too bad  Amy's potential was once again wasted though, the poor character still can't get a break. The episode acknowledged she was experienced with it, yet went no where with it fast.. It was a real shame to almost see Amy finally do something useful with her talent and skills, only for the show to keep making a joke out of her. It was bad enough with the first bit, where Tails was amazed by Amy's analysis of what the carvings meant, only for her to  break the mood by admitting she didn't really analyze anything, she just saw that big arrow pointing to where the Ancients wanted them to go. That was simple enough, but then the episode gave Amy a bigger slap in the face by once again ruining any chance of having her shine. They had the perfect moment for Amy to use her archaeology skills to find out what's been going on with Sonic, only for the episode to immediately cut to Tails finding the solution. 

I mean come on! I loved this episode, but I am so sick of how poorly Amy is treated in this series. Let's face it, she's practically the Meg Griffin of Sonic Boom! The show just can't give her any decent chances to stand out on her own, and the show has to throw in any excuse to shame her, or trash her, while glorifying the other characters. I love this show, and even loved this episode, but I'd be lying if I said I was happy with how Amy is treated on this show, because I truly feel bad for her, despite the fact none of them are real characters. I seriously have no hope for any of the Amy episodes in season 2 to be any good, I'm guessing they'll be as bad or treat Amy as poorly as season 1 did, or as badly as the ending to Strike.