Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

46 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

I just checked. It's not on the schedule next week on Boomerang.

If Boom's not at least on CN that day, I will lose it.

Then there's this-

13 hours ago, Zers Editor said:

Boom might be back on CN. Let's pray it won't be removed again.

2345.png

Can someone check if episodes 11-15 are put on demand in CN's site? I ask this because the site is different for those in different countries and from what I've seen, we don't have Boom where I'm living...

EDIT: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/837421552937259008

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/837460187728379904

The give Bees a Chance episode is episode 27, he'll put next week's title card if there is an episode next week.

Isn't it crazy to know we're already 1/4 through season 2 already? Time goes by fast. I can say I've enjoyed this first quarter of season 2 a lot more than the entire 52 episode run of season 1 though. 

Going to guess it has something to do with the villagers, seeing as the village's name is literally "Unnamed Village".

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Going to guess it has something to do with the villagers, seeing as the village's name is literally "Unnamed Village".

Good guess, I'm guessing it might have something to do with someone wanting to turn the life of Sonic and his friends into a reality show. The whole episode will focus on a TV crew crudely invading the privacy of Sonic and pals, as they just want to relax, or stop Eggman from attacking. I always love episodes of shows, where people go around with cameras, as the viewers get to see funny situations get caught on film. I already enjoyed the test footage segments from the opening of Alone Again, Unaturally, and I would love to see a full episode dedicated to someone recording Sonic and pals on their everyday lives, and seeing how annoyed the characters get when caught on camera. 

Whether this is the case, or not, who else wouldn't mind a caught on film based episode of Sonic Boom? There are so many ways they could make an episode with that premise, whether it be Tails doing an experiment that involves spying on, and studying his friend's behavior, Sonic and pals getting signed up for a reality show, only to immediately regret the decision, or maybe Knuckles just found a camera, and wants to mess around with it, while unintentionally invading the privacy of his friends. There's just something funny about TV show episodes where characters realize they're on camera, and we get to see how oddly they'll respond to the situation. You can always get a laugh out of seeing a shaky camera, as the characters start freaking out when things go out of control. That was one reason why the movie Surf's Up was such a funny movie, because of it's take on being a spoof of surfer documentaries, and how the characters of the movie were aware that they were on camera. 

Wow, that was quick. We already have a synopsis for "Unnamed Episode": "When the people of the Unnamed Village find out that their village used to be named after Sticks' evil ancestor, they turn on her."

Of course Sticks would have an evil ancestor. Probably part of the reason why she's always so on edge. Also, I was right about the villagers being involved (and by extension, the name of the village). Bonus! Though this does give a pretty sinister reason for the village being unnamed (heck, I'm surprised there actually is a reason and the writers didn't just go "it's just unnamed"). Perhaps Sticks' ancestor was so evil, the villagers just decided to discard it so they would fade from memory and not ruin the village's reputation.

Also, good news: the episode's air date is set for next Saturday. False alarm (at least, I hope-- we all know what happened with "Chez Amy").

UPDATE: In other Boom news, the Sonic Tumblr has preview images for "Blackout", and it looks like our heroes are braving the cold:

tumblr_om9jcyBWXX1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_om9jcyBWXX1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_om9jcyBWXX1u5cb23o3_1280.png

"When a blackout strikes the town, Team Sonic sets out to a remote ancient ruin to find an all new energy source. Watch “Blackout”, tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang!"

Tags: #Harrowing dangers #a blizzard #a long distance relationship #who will rise up and be the hero we all deserve? #it's not that mayor - that's for sure

And of course, Sonic still refuses to wear pants. C'mon, man, not even in the freezing cold?! Still, it's nice that Team Sonic is actually exploring the island more this season.

UPDATE 2: Bill has decided to post the title card to "Unnamed Episode", despite the episode's airdate being uncertain:

• Thumbs Up 7

4 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Wow, that was quick. We already have a synopsis for "Unnamed Episode": "When the people of the Unnamed Village find out that their village used to be named after Sticks' evil ancestor, they turn on her."

Of course Sticks would have an evil ancestor. Probably part of the reason why she's always so on edge. Also, I was right about the villagers being involved (and by extension, the name of the village). Bonus! Though this does give a pretty sinister reason for the village being unnamed (heck, I'm surprised there actually is a reason and the writers didn't just go "it's just unnamed"). Perhaps Sticks' ancestor was so evil, the villagers just decided to discard it so they would fade from memory and not ruin the village's reputation.

Also, good news: the episode's air date is set for next Saturday. False alarm (at least, I hope-- we all know what happened with "Chez Amy").

UPDATE: In other Boom news, the Sonic Tumblr has preview images for "Blackout", and it looks like our heroes are braving the cold:

tumblr_om9jcyBWXX1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_om9jcyBWXX1u5cb23o2_1280.png

"When a blackout strikes the town, Team Sonic sets out to a remote ancient ruin to find an all new energy source. Watch “Blackout”, tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang!"

Tags: #Harrowing dangers #a blizzard #a long distance relationship #who will rise up and be the hero we all deserve? #it's not that mayor - that's for sure

And of course, Sonic still refuses to wear pants. C'mon, man, not even in the freezing cold?! Still, it's nice that Team Sonic is actually exploring the island more this season.

UPDATE 2: Bill has decided to post the title card to "Unnamed Episode", despite the episode's airdate being uncertain:

Wow, this new episode looks bigger than just being another cliche "lights gone out" type of formula you see in many tv shows. It's also going to involve the gang going through a frozen wasteland?! Cool! What's going on in that last shot, is Amy giving a speech? What's with the podium, or is that some kind of slate from the Ancients? 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, SonicWind said:

I really like Amy's winter outfit. The scarf she's wearing kinda reminds me of her concept art back when Boom was still happening-

latest?cb=20150422083506

Even the sash?/cloak? thing she's also wearing reminds me of Blaze's concept art-

latest?cb=20150506204055

Not sure if it's intentional or coincidental, but a nice touch! I need to draw it sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SonicWind said:

New Boom episodes on the way-- "Robot Employees", "Give Bees a Chance" (which is apparently coming sooner than we thought), and "Mombot".

Man, season 2 is over saturated on "bot" episodes. I hope they're at least entertaining, but I can't help but notice they're everywhere. We're getting three bot related episodes in a row starting 2 weeks from now, yikes! (It may not be in the title, but Give Bees a Chance will obviously be a bot related episode, because it's about Amy raising a pink bee bot.) 

I wonder if Give Bees a Chance will give a clever shout out to "Don't Judge Me" since we learned Amy was absent from most of the episode, due to participating in a bee keeping seminar. Maybe the episode will start out with Eggman deciding to make multi colored minions, and after they're all defeated by Sonic and pals, only one was still alive, but severely injured, which would be the pink one. Maybe Eggman was about to sweep it up for the scrap heap, but Amy quickly begs Eggman to spare it's life. Amy could then offer to nurture it, and Eggman could then ask "What do you know about raising a beebot?" Amy could then respond "Well, I spent days learning how to take care of bees once." I hope they throw in a reference like that, that would work well with this episode. 

"Blackout" was chock-full of adventure to be sure. It was a nice change of pace seeing Team Sonic travel outside the village, and we finally got to see Blue Force One get used in a plot-relevant manner! Episode didn't have a lot of good laughs, though, but it was funny.

Also, great to see Knuckles' (literal) dumb luck really come in handy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blackout was a unique and impressive episode for Sonic Boom. It had more action and adventure than most episodes, and actually relied on a plot, instead of just relying on humor like usual. It had some funny moments too, most had to do with Tails and Knuckles.

It was really cute to see Tails writing love letters to Zooey, when the gang set off to find a power crystal to restore the town's power. This also marked Zooey's first appearance in Sonic Boom Season 2, since we actually see her waving goodbye to Tails, as they left. I also laughed at how they were only 2 minutes away from their village, and how Tails is amazed at how much snow there actually is only 2 minutes away from home, lol. 

We finally got to see the Blue Force One be used again, but this time, it wasn't just used to show off Sonic driving around, it was actually used to help the gang skii across all the snow they encountered. Amy finally used her archaeology skills, which helped the gang out, when exploring an ancient temple. She read an inscription that foretold how not putting much thought would help them advance. Throughout the episode, the gang has to go through 3 booby trap filled rooms, and answer some riddles to get out alive. Knuckles manages to solve all 3 of them, due to his lazy thought processes. It was kind of funny to see Tails trying to answer each riddle with Science, while Knuckles kept answering the riddles by blurting out random thoughts. They even throw in an Indiana Jones reference, when Sonic tries taking the crystal. 

As the gang gets back, they find the town people have gone on a riot due to the power going out. I laughed at the part where the ice cream truck vendor cries "Stay back! Or this cart will flip, and it will explode!" That got a good laugh out of me, even the show writers are aware that the ice cream cart keeps blowing up throughout the series, lol. 

This was a fun and exciting episode. It had some funny character interactions, great moments of the team working together, especially during the snow segments, and the riddle solving scenes were both hilarious and suspenseful. I hope to see more quest episodes like this in the future. Sonic Boom seems to do a lot better when they make episodes that mix adventure with comedy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty weak episode in my opinion but it's still pretty fun. Still it's nice to see blue force one and the "ancients" being used here. 

Next episode is called unnamed episode? Lol I wonder what it's about..

13 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

Next episode is called unnamed episode? Lol I wonder what it's about..

It's apparently going to be about the village finding out their village is named after an evil ancestor of Sticks, which causes them to go against her. Sounds like a crazy, yet believable plot for this show, lol. Those dang villagers, they keep fueling Sticks's paranoia, and it's no wonder why. I hope Sonic and the gang stand by Sticks, instead of turn against her.

Also, can anyone else believe today's new episode actually had a "bounce pad" reference from Rise of Lyric? LOL. There was a part where some form of deadly gas starts spewing through the temple walls, and Sonic mentions "When I was told there would be obstacles, I was expecting bounce pads!" 

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/Blackout?sort=3&page=1
Screenshots from today's new episode, "Blackout".

Spoiler

LOL at Tails chronicling a love letter to Zooey on his supposed long 
journey, only for the show to reveal he's not far from her yet.
SnapShot81_6_zpsxz0j1aql.png
SnapShot82_6_zpsv8qcbrx2.png
SnapShot84_6_zpstm23vtu4.png

I loved the teamwork in this episode.
SnapShot104_6_zpsrunofarj.png

Sonic brings up how the Blue Force One would be useful

in this situation, and Amy is annoyed that he didn't think of

that sooner. I love the expressions.
SnapShot112_6_zpslwtxd2sz.png
SnapShot113_6_zpsknbnqo6c.png
SnapShot114_6_zps58pslcoz.png
SnapShot116_6_zpswmvu8s4b.png

SnapShot118_5_zpsr79xsfky.png
SnapShot121_5_zpsaqvwttup.png
SnapShot123_4_zpsv31eqxez.png

Need a ride?
SnapShot125_6_zpshtdr63ek.png
SnapShot126_6_zpsyx7ogyvi.png
SnapShot127_6_zpsgpdbpwse.png

Amy finally got to use her archaeology skills, to help prepare 

them for the challenges awaiting them inside the temple. The 

answer to getting inside is lazy thinking. 
SnapShot144_6_zpsuqojumwq.png
But Sonic thought it would be easier to smash his way in.
SnapShot150_7_zpser5cgcwg.png
Tails complains that Sonic ruined his love letter, and now he'll

have to start over, as he actually starts writing aloud while 

buried head first in the snow, lol.
SnapShot154_7_zps8ntsolvb.png

Knuckles sits on a rock, which opens the temple door. Tails points

out how the inscription Amy read was right after all. Lazy thinking

was needed to open the door.
SnapShot158_8_zpsjjjwnzuj.png
SnapShot159_7_zpsyukcjrvy.png
SnapShot162_7_zpsjzibrf7w.png
SnapShot164_8_zps2tuh3dzw.png

The gang gets held back by an Ancient guardian. And Sticks

is fired up with a lot of sass during this part, lol. I love the 

animation from her desperately trying to fight the thing.
SnapShot179_8_zpspmp5a4pf.png
SnapShot180_8_zps4g0ysrrb.png
SnapShot181_8_zpslbfrsgaz.png
SnapShot183_9_zpsltfeyikn.png
SnapShot185_9_zpstivatair.png
SnapShot187_8_zps2hmcffgq.png
SnapShot188_9_zpsdhepptiw.png
SnapShot189_9_zpsm2g2ah8j.png

Sonic makes a bounce pad reference during this part, lol.
SnapShot207_9_zpsoikti35z.png
SnapShot210_9_zpshjvdgdjw.png

Poor Tails passes out, after falsely answering a riddle. 
SnapShot218_8_zpsdnitqsnt.png
SnapShot219_8_zpsfpgseha1.png
SnapShot220_9_zpsuagwihxt.png
SnapShot222_9_zpst641ovix.png
SnapShot233_9_zpss2t4capi.png

SnapShot240_9_zps1caahaqi.png
SnapShot251_9_zpspymbibrz.png
SnapShot254_8_zpsuade4lfr.png
SnapShot271_8_zpsvin75pxy.png
The gang gets surrounded by Guardians
SnapShot275_7_zpscnhdfd0k.png
They managed to get out.
SnapShot288_6_zpsk8iyj6sa.png

Good old Indiana Jones booby trap parody. Did Sonic steal a 

treasure from the Buddy Buddy Temple episode? LOL. 
SnapShot292_6_zpsusbukszz.png
SnapShot295_6_zps6hbalmp9.png
SnapShot297_6_zpsxjgvpnvp.png
SnapShot299_5_zpswen492eh.png
SnapShot300_5_zpsdpyhjsmw.png

It's gonna collapse!
SnapShot301_5_zpsuh74l9ex.png
SnapShot303_6_zpsibbomwly.png
SnapShot305_6_zpsntyj1tzd.png

The gang make it out alive, and start cheering.
SnapShot335_3_zpsfoxngrlz.png
SnapShot340_3_zps6plyqo9g.png

They come back to find that the villagers have gone savage 

without their power.
SnapShot341_3_zps3bmxjyur.png
"Stand back, or I'll flip this over, and it will explode!" LOL!
SnapShot342_3_zpsg6m8emqs.png
SnapShot346_3_zps65ostead.png

The Mayor: Oh good! You're back! I feared you were gone forever, like the

last group I sent out. 
SnapShot347_3_zpslnwh1m2f.png
SnapShot348_3_zpsq9n7p0p6.png

Mike: Hey, the TV is back on!
SnapShot357_5_zps31gk8gta.png

Sonic compliments Knuckles for doing a good job, and says 

he might be smarter than they give him credit for.
SnapShot358_5_zpsvm6dquhk.png
Knuckles: Me am?!
SnapShot361_5_zpsmzu7prhb.png
Sonic: Forget I said anything...
SnapShot363_3_zpsjskkn8iv.png

Cool episode! It was nice to see the gang in different gear and Knuckles had a couple of funny moments. The scene in which Amy yelled at Sonic was hilarious and their high five at the end was adorable too. 

Overall, good episode! Btw, it's out there if you look hard enough. :P 

• Thumbs Up 1

"The last party I sent out." Maybe in Season 3 or Evan Stanley's episode, they will be shown. Kinda like what happened with Og the Froglodite.

Yep, Blackout was another really good episode! While it may be more focused on a quest and adventure, the episode still had some great jokes.

And of course, as the self proclaimed Lord of the Bounce Pads, I am very pleased the episode referenced Bounce Pads. Papa bless Natalys. Some of my personal favorite jokes were Knuckles casually getting all the answers without even trying intentionally and Sticks criticizing the cryptic questions the Stone Guardians gave. And the introduction was a really funny way to start it off, whether it was Eggman's constant trashtalk to Orbot/Cubot or the chat with Mayor Fink and his political incompetence. Also the jokes with Tails sending letters to Zooey is incredibly amusing as well. Outside of that, nice to see the Blue Force One more prominently this time around and also nice to see the Illumi-Suits again as well!

Overall, a really good episode!

Can't for the episode that has no name!

I'm still in stitches that we have an episode called "Unnamed Episode", fucking brilliant!

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_ombr11k3QR1rhnd8ro1_1280.png

Q-N-C: Watch out for the Guardian
Amy: What’s a guardian?…

Am I the only one who noticed the similarities between the Guardian from Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? I just had to recreate that scene after getting the Guardian Zelda Amiibo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

While I am a big defender of the Comedic aspect of the show it was fun to see a more action focused episode for a change.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/4/2017 at 1:55 PM, SonicWind said:

"Robot Employees"

Is this episode going to focus on self-service machines?

So Blackout. I found it very adventure oriented, one of my few favorite episodes here!

I thought Eggman would still get involved either by being an obstacle to the team or taking the crystal for powering up his robots. That wasn't the case.

Again, I liked Amy's winter outfit out of the others, and her skills were used right this time. Knuckles was pretty cool in this episode, from using his knuckles to help his team during the blizzard, to amusingly solving those riddles in the temple.

Tails writing letters to Zooey even though they're not far apart was cute and funny at the same time! Tails and the others getting soaked in snow was also funny.

And that's bounce pad reference lol.

The Blue Force One was also used and it was pretty cool. Hope we get to see it in action more often!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/17/2016 at 4:34 PM, Kellan said:

And with the Cartoon Network airing, I am now caught up on this show. Now I get an hour and a half where I can look at this thread before I have to avoid it for another week. *Sigh*

See that post? I made it almost three months ago, on page 28. It took Cartoon Network that long to catch up to Boomerang.

…I have a lot of posts to read.