Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Given there seem to be no objects of power, because due to the sheer failure of the beginning of this series, as of currently Lyric doesn't exist and none of the matters. I don't really see what point it could serve, knuckles is just a guy hanging out now. Who is dumb and strong and punches things, those interesting things about him. They don't exist. He is strong punchmen now. That is all he is and knows. 

Excuse me while I die internally 

4 hours ago, SonicWind said:

We now know the title of next week's episode: "FiendBot"!

Another bot episode? I'm getting kind of sick of all these episodes with "bot" in the title, it implies that it will focus too much on Eggman and his robots, and less on other characters. I don't hate Eggman, but I would like to see less of him and more of the others. Eggman keeps getting shoved into most episodes. Just look at season 1, out of 52 episodes, he was only absent from 2, meanwhile, there were many episodes where Sticks and Knuckles were absent, along with many episodes that barely included Amy, despite having a major role to the plot's set up. (Seriously, just look at the episodes Late Fees, Brodown Showdown, and Cabin Fever, for episodes that worded Amy as a big part of the plot, it sure ruled her out from most more than 75-90% of the episodes, in favor of focusing more on Sonic, Eggman, or the others... The poor character still can't get a break in season 2, and only got one episode so far, and it treated her like crap in the end!)

There are many episodes where he steals the spotlight in a fun way, but other times, it just gets really old. I mean, look at last week's episode, Eggman had no real reason to be in the episode, yet they shoved him into the beginning anyways. I mean, did the opening really need him for that short bit, if he wasn't going to be included for the rest of the episode? It gives a false implication that he'll be back, only to be absent throughout the rest of the episode, outside of one mention from Knuckles, about Eggman having a food blog, but even that didn't contribute to the episode well. The writers really need to ask themselves better which episodes really need Eggman, and which ones don't, because it can get tiring when it feels too forced. It would probably be more acceptable as well, if they balanced the episodes out a lot better as well. Keep in mind how we got two Eggman/Orbot episodes in a row since 3 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago. We get one Knuckles episode since then, and an upcoming Sonic episode this week, but it's once again back to another Eggman/robot themed episode again. This show needs a little more variety in character spotlight. 

It would also be nice to get more character pair up variety in episodes. We've seen enough episodes that focus on the pairing of Sonic and Tails, Sonic and Eggman, Eggman and Orbot/Cubot, and Sonic and Knuckles. It would be nice to see more variety, like Tails and Sticks, Tails and Knuckles, Sonic and Amy, Sonic and Sticks, Sticks and Orbot and Cubot, Sticks and Eggman, Sticks and Knuckles, Amy and Tails, Amy and Knuckles,  Knuckles and Eggman, Knuckles and Orbot and Cubot, etc. There are so many possibilities for hilarious and interesting forms of story telling the writers could do, if they would just be willing to mix things up more, instead of relying too much on over use of Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. 

I just got to watch the most recent episode and I liked it. Knuckles being the last of his kind didn't really bug me in this alternate continuity. Also, I did like all the moments Knuckles had with those who temporarily took him in. Charlie and his wife being thrown into the mix was interesting and I love how they took advantage of him and got him doing their dirty work for a bit. I love also how Sonic would not attack Knuckles no matter what. It shows how much Sonic really cares for his friends. Also, I did think the ending was very heartwarming. It was a pretty good episode!

Also I wanna see more episodes for different pairs other than Eggam and Orbot/Cubot. That's like the third one with bot in it in less than 10 episodes. Throw Tails and Sticks together, or Sticks and Amy. A Sonic and Knuckles or a Knuckles and Tails episode will be nice to see after that even. I'm more biased to seeing more Sonic and Tails episodes though lol

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Festive Fusion said:

Synopsis for Mech Suits Me!

oh, it's Spider-Man 3 all over again...  Prepare yourselves for emo sonic

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Shadowlax beat me to the punch, but yes, if you check the link I posted again, you'll notice three more episodes: "Og Man Out" (probably referring to that sick Froglodyte mentioned twice in "Closed Door Policy"; didn't think they'd be back), "Knine-to-Five Knuckles" (Knuckles gets a job? This should be fun), and... "Blackout"? Either that's a "power outage" episode or...

Uh-oh. Mr. Friendship Hater himself (i.e. Shadow) could be coming back. Bad times for Team Sonic...

16 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Another bot episode? I'm getting kind of sick of all these episodes with "bot" in the title, it implies that it will focus too much on Eggman and his robots, and less on other characters. I don't hate Eggman, but I would like to see less of him and more of the others. Eggman keeps getting shoved into most episodes. Just look at season 1, out of 52 episodes, he was only absent from 2, meanwhile, there were many episodes where Sticks and Knuckles were absent, along with many episodes that barely included Amy, despite having a major role to the plot's set up. (Seriously, just look at the episodes Late Fees, Brodown Showdown, and Cabin Fever, for episodes that worded Amy as a big part of the plot, it sure ruled her out from most more than 75-90% of the episodes, in favor of focusing more on Sonic, Eggman, or the others... The poor character still can't get a break in season 2, and only got one episode so far, and it treated her like crap in the end!)

There are many episodes where he steals the spotlight in a fun way, but other times, it just gets really old. I mean, look at last week's episode, Eggman had no real reason to be in the episode, yet they shoved him into the beginning anyways. I mean, did the opening really need him for that short bit, if he wasn't going to be included for the rest of the episode? It gives a false implication that he'll be back, only to be absent throughout the rest of the episode, outside of one mention from Knuckles, about Eggman having a food blog, but even that didn't contribute to the episode well. The writers really need to ask themselves better which episodes really need Eggman, and which ones don't, because it can get tiring when it feels too forced. It would probably be more acceptable as well, if they balanced the episodes out a lot better as well. Keep in mind how we got two Eggman/Orbot episodes in a row since 3 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago. We get one Knuckles episode since then, and an upcoming Sonic episode this week, but it's once again back to another Eggman/robot themed episode again. This show needs a little more variety in character spotlight. 

It would also be nice to get more character pair up variety in episodes. We've seen enough episodes that focus on the pairing of Sonic and Tails, Sonic and Eggman, Eggman and Orbot/Cubot, and Sonic and Knuckles. It would be nice to see more variety, like Tails and Sticks, Tails and Knuckles, Sonic and Amy, Sonic and Sticks, Sticks and Orbot and Cubot, Sticks and Eggman, Sticks and Knuckles, Amy and Tails, Amy and Knuckles,  Knuckles and Eggman, Knuckles and Orbot and Cubot, etc. There are so many possibilities for hilarious and interesting forms of story telling the writers could do, if they would just be willing to mix things up more, instead of relying too much on over use of Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. 

Or you could argue that since Eggman and Sonic are basically the main antagonists and protagonists respectively in the main series as well as the overall Sonic Boom, they should come up in every episode. Personally I would have preferred that fight at the beginning of the episode occurring rather than not, as it not only gave a reasonable reason why knuckles suffered amnesia but also added some humour in as well. Furthermore it adds a bit of action, and I feel that it is a rather good way of involving Eggman into an episode where it might have been quite difficult to otherwise. I understand here that we actually have quite strong strong opposing views, as I am disinclined to exclude characters like Eggman where you feel it would be better to, however I cant help noticing that I preferred episodes which centre more strongly around Tails and Sonic and the bond between them or Sonic and Eggman and especially action episodes which involves a lot of fighting. These could include episodes like: 'Multi-Tails'; 'Cowbot', 'The Sidekick'; 'It takes a village to defeat a hedgehog' and 'Alone again, unnaturally'. 

27 minutes ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

Or you could argue that since Eggman and Sonic are basically the main antagonists and protagonists respectively in the main series as well as the overall Sonic Boom, they should come up in every episode. Personally I would have preferred that fight at the beginning of the episode occurring rather than not, as it not only gave a reasonable reason why knuckles suffered amnesia but also added some humour in as well. Furthermore it adds a bit of action, and I feel that it is a rather good way of involving Eggman into an episode where it might have been quite difficult to otherwise. I understand here that we actually have quite strong strong opposing views, as I am disinclined to exclude characters like Eggman where you feel it would be better to, however I cant help noticing that I preferred episodes which centre more strongly around Tails and Sonic and the bond between them or Sonic and Eggman and especially action episodes which involves a lot of fighting. These could include episodes like: 'Multi-Tails'; 'Cowbot', 'The Sidekick'; 'It takes a village to defeat a hedgehog' and 'Alone again, unnaturally'. 

But even the episode itself didn't need the amnesia bit, since it really didn't go anywhere. They could have come up with a better excuse for how Knuckles was reminded of being the last of his kind. Maybe the episode could have started off with Tails using his computer to look up family tree history, and the gang gets excited, and wants to see what Tails could come up with, but when it comes to Knuckles wanting to see what comes up for his family tree, Tails unfortunately finds nothing on Echindas, which causes Knuckles to feel more depressed about being the last of his kind than ever before. As good as the episode was, I've never seen an episode of any series use amnesia as poorly as that episode of Sonic Boom did. Even so, there could have been better ways to demonstrate Knuckles getting amnesia, without Eggman's involvement, like seeing the gang goof off with some crazy stunt, only for it to go horribly wrong when Knuckles attempts to try a stunt out. 

On a different topic, here's something that kind of annoys me. I'm aware that it's a pretty lousy award show, but it still sucks to see what's nominated over what. Anyways, I am annoyed that Sonic Boom isn't nominated for best animated show on the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, but here's the real kicker, Teen Titans Go! is nominated... What a freaking joke... 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

But even the episode itself didn't need the amnesia bit, since it really didn't go anywhere. They could have come up with a better excuse for how Knuckles was reminded of being the last of his kind. Maybe the episode could have started off with Tails using his computer to look up family tree history, and the gang gets excited, and wants to see what Tails could come up with, but when it comes to Knuckles wanting to see what comes up for his family tree, Tails unfortunately finds nothing on Echindas, which causes Knuckles to feel more depressed about being the last of his kind than ever before. As good as the episode was, I've never seen an episode of any series use amnesia as poorly as that episode of Sonic Boom did. Even so, there could have been better ways to demonstrate Knuckles getting amnesia, without Eggman's involvement, like seeing the gang goof off with some crazy stunt, only for it to go horribly wrong when Knuckles attempts to try a stunt out. 

On a different topic, here's something that kind of annoys me. I'm aware that it's a pretty lousy award show, but it still sucks to see what's nominated over what. Anyways, I am annoyed that Sonic Boom isn't nominated for best animated show on the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, but here's the real kicker, Teen Titans Go! is nominated... What a freaking joke... 

True, though to counter that I don't really think that having Tails looking up family trees could be as humorous. Either way, there probably were more versions that could lead to Knuckles becoming rather depressed while simultaneously being more entertaining, but personally I didn't really have any major objection to how they started the episode, although I have to agree with you that the use of amnesia could have been improved significantly.

Seems we share a common hatred for TTG, I don't really see why people like it. On the other hand, I can't argue with the statistics, if you check on Wikipedia TTG generates a lot more views than Sonic Boom, (I might have to check that actually, but I'm confident it's right)

On a different topic, I would prefer it if they introduced Silver into these episodes, and maybe even re-introducing Shadow. Those three are my favourite characters and I don't exactly like it when they, especially Silver, are left out of many games in the main series. Furthermore, Silver would definitely have a chance to look better aesthetically wise in Sonic Boom, and he already looks awesome as it is. 

26 minutes ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

True, though to counter that I don't really think that having Tails looking up family trees could be as humorous. Either way, there probably were more versions that could lead to Knuckles becoming rather depressed while simultaneously being more entertaining, but personally I didn't really have any major objection to how they started the episode, although I have to agree with you that the use of amnesia could have been improved significantly.

Seems we share a common hatred for TTG, I don't really see why people like it. On the other hand, I can't argue with the statistics, if you check on Wikipedia TTG generates a lot more views than Sonic Boom, (I might have to check that actually, but I'm confident it's right)

Maybe if CN would show other shows for once, instead of showing TTG 14 times every day...

But there could have been some fun with Tails looking up family tree info though. For instance, Tails could have read up that his ancestors invented a genetic enhancement which can duplicate body parts across gaps of generations, which might explain why Tails has two tails.

Amy could find out her great ancestors were great archaeologists, which would explain her passion for studying relics.

Sticks would find out her ancestors were actually the owners of one of the biggest landfills in history, which would make Sticks go crazy from excitement, and try to find a way to prove she is the rightful heir to their legacy (Sticks is a dumpster diver after all, so imagine how crazy she would go to find out she may rightfully own the rights to a big land fill, lol.)

Meanwhile, Sonic would brag about likely having one of the coolest and most heroic ancestry ever, only to find out his ancestors were something anti climatic, like the inventors of some brand of toothpaste, which would end up kind of embarrassing Sonic.

Then for fun, They could ask Tails to look up Eggman's ancestry, to find something even more embarrassing than Sonic's ancestry, like finding out Eggman is the descendant of a family of the lousiest circus clowns in show business.

Who knows? the writers could come up with some fun material on the ancestry of the characters, without revealing too much. They don't need to make up parents for the characters, nor would they have to show pictures, or list names of any of their great relatives, it would just be funny to see Tails read off the accomplishments, and see how the gang responds, whether they're proud, or disappointed in the results. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

Maybe if CN would show other shows for once, instead of showing TTG 14 times every day...

But there could have been some fun with Tails looking up family tree info though. For instance, Tails could have read up that his ancestors invented a genetic enhancement which can duplicate body parts across gaps of generations, which might explain why Tails has two tails.

Amy could find out her great ancestors were great archaeologists, which would explain her passion for studying relics.

Sticks would find out her ancestors were actually the owners of one of the biggest landfills in history, which would make Sticks go crazy from excitement, and try to find a way to prove she is the rightful heir to their legacy (Sticks is a dumpster diver after all, so imagine how crazy she would go to find out she may rightfully own the rights to a big land fill, lol.)

Meanwhile, Sonic would brag about likely having one of the coolest and most heroic ancestry ever, only to find out his ancestors were something anti climatic, like the inventors of some brand of toothpaste, which would end up kind of embarrassing Sonic.

Then for fun, They could ask Tails to look up Eggman's ancestry, to find something even more embarrassing than Sonic's ancestry, like finding out Eggman is the descendant of a family of the lousiest circus clowns in show business.

Who knows? the writers could come up with some fun material on the ancestry of the characters, without revealing too much. They don't need to make up parents for the characters, nor would they have to show pictures, or list names of any of their great relatives, it would just be funny to see Tails read off the accomplishments, and see how the gang responds, whether they're proud, or disappointed in the results. 

That is actually a pretty good and comprehensive list of ideas. You should try going into the writing field yourself. However, although that was one very good alternative, you can also argue that there is pretty much an infinite list of possibilities. If I were to come up with a possibility, I would probably introduce the episode with Sonic and the gang playing around, and leading up to the moment where Knuckles realises that although he and Sonic call each other 'bro', they are not actually brothers. It would be possible to introduce an element of humour here as well by emphasising on Knuckles rather low intelligence or the fact that he has only just realised that Sonic is a hedgehog and not an echidna. That would lead up to his depression about being the last of his kind. However my point is that all 21 people following this topic could come up with a alternative and equally good start to the episode, and you can't blame the writers for not coming up with a story beginning that one of us can't rival.

Back to your idea however, I find I quite like the idea of Eggman's ancestors being circus owners, and maybe you could introduce Knuckles ancestors as one of the smartest in the land. Most of all though, imagine how Sonic and Eggman would react if they found out they were related, or if Knuckles was related to Charlie. It would be possible to have quite a lot of fun by getting to characters to realise that they are related, who knows? Eggman might be related to the mayor! 

2 hours ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

On a different topic, I would prefer it if they introduced Silver into these episodes, and maybe even re-introducing Shadow.

Wish partially granted; it's been confirmed Shadow will return later on in season 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Well, Shadowlax beat me to the punch, but yes, if you check the link I posted again, you'll notice three more episodes: "Og Man Out" (probably referring to that sick Froglodyte mentioned twice in "Closed Door Policy"; didn't think they'd be back), "Knine-to-Five Knuckles" (Knuckles gets a job? This should be fun), and... "Blackout"? Either that's a "power outage" episode or...

Uh-oh. Mr. Friendship Hater himself (i.e. Shadow) could be coming back. Bad times for Team Sonic...

I kinda doubt they're gonna bring him back that quickly. I mean, I know he's coming, but I thought that would happen during the middle/end of Season 2. If Shadow IS coming to the Blackout episode, then color me hyped.

Speaking in which I do hope we get a better reason why Shadow is always a anti friendship person. I know it was said that his actions were out of pride but I was hoping that it would be something different.

Also, woah 3 new episodes. Another Knuckles one, and if the Og one is about the froglodyte, there's gotta be a conituity ref to Closed Door policy.

18 hours ago, Soni said:

Greg Hahn posted some fun trivia about Mech Suits Me.

Gee, I wonder why Freiberger turned down a reference to a band with tha--

*One of the likes is Tyson Hesse*

Wait, I thought it was Ian who kept tabs with the Sonic Boom stuff. 

24 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

We have our title card for next week's episode, "FiendBot"! Two Denton/Hahn episodes in a row?! WHOA!

Looks like a new robot model! It's got a horn and big arms!

Although the color scheme looks a bit like Vaccum Bot's color scheme...

On 2/2/2017 at 5:00 PM, NikoS said:

oh, it's Spider-Man 3 all over again...  Prepare yourselves for emo sonic

For the Mech Suit episode, I'm thinking of that too. ^_^

But I'm not watching the show anymore, sorry. -_-

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Gee, I wonder why Freiberger turned down a reference to a band with tha--

*One of the likes is Tyson Hesse*

Wait, I thought it was Ian who kept tabs with the Sonic Boom stuff. 

I don't think Tyson liking a tweet from Hahn means that he's working on Boom.

1 minute ago, Soni said:

I don't think Tyson liking a tweet from Hahn means that he's working on Boom.

Neither do I.