Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Not really, the only reference to past episodes I've seen was that Tommy Thunder namedrop and to be frank, continuity isn't really that big of a deal for a show like Boom anyway so meh.

Just now, Soni said:

Not really, the only reference to past episodes I've seen was that Tommy Thunder namedrop and to be frank, continuity isn't really that big of a deal for a show like Boom anyway so meh.

I guess that is true, but I personally prefer having continuity in shows, whether it's a comedy or not.

It would be nice but it's not really a dealbreaker for me. Boom is primarily a comedy, as long as the writing is good; I'm satisfied along with solid animation and that technical stuff (and of course take a potshot on how bad the liquids are :P)

43 minutes ago, Soni said:

It would be nice but it's not really a dealbreaker for me. Boom is primarily a comedy, as long as the writing is good; I'm satisfied along with solid animation and that technical stuff (and of course take a potshot on how bad the liquids are :P)

It could be possible that I'm spoiled from shows like Gumball. It's primarily a comedy, but has tons of continuity in it. Sonic Boom not having continuity isn't a deal breaker for me either, but having more of it would be nice, at least to me it would. Also, yes, the liquids are pretty terrible lol.

It certainly helps that Gumball has a good amount of continuity to it and depth as well, especially when you have to consider how batshit insane the world of Gumball it is. That's pretty damn clever, if you ask me.

But hey, I'm down with more standalone episodes than more multiparters imo. Especially with the schedule Boom has, I don't think I'll like having to wait for the next part a week after; if you catch my Sonic Drift?

3 minutes ago, Soni said:

It certainly helps that Gumball has a good amount of continuity to it and depth as well, especially when you have to consider how batshit insane the world of Gumball it is. That's pretty damn clever, if you ask me.

But hey, I'm down with more standalone episodes than more multiparters imo. Especially with the schedule Boom has, I don't think I'll like having to wait for the next part a week after; if you catch my Sonic Drift?

I thought that the second part of multi-parters released on the same day as the first part, just directly after it. That's how it works for the shows I watch. (10/10 best pun)

Just now, blazefan519 said:

I thought that second part of multi-parters released on the same day as the first part, just afterwards. That's how it works for the shows I watch. (10/10 best pun)

Considering how pisspoor CN has been handling Boom's airings, I wouldn't put it past them to do exactly what I think they'd do.

1 minute ago, Soni said:

Considering how pisspoor CN has been handling Boom's airings, I wouldn't put it past them to do exactly what I think they'd do.

Hoo boy, if they actually did do that, I'd be really upset. That's pretty horrid.

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Hoo boy, if they actually did do that, I'd be really upset. That's pretty horrid.

Just you watch, this is gonna happen.

But yeah, Strike!

I have no idea on what went down with the episode but if it involves a lot of Orbot/Cubot hijinx, sounds like a good time already.

1 minute ago, Soni said:

Just you watch, this is gonna happen.

But yeah, Strike!

I have no idea on what went down with the episode but if it involves a lot of Orbot/Cubot hijinx, sounds like a good time already.

Now that you've said it, it's probably going to happen. Dear god, CN please don't this to me.

I'm interested in the new episode too, but can't watch till it shows up on YouTube which is a bummer. I find it funny how episode 10 in Season one was also Orbot and Cubot episode, wonder if that was intentional or not.

Probably wouldn't happen to be honest. Nothing suggests they'd do a special half hour for it considering that it already airs at a pretty dead time (and apparently CN reruns have stopped or something? I dunno about that part). 

Here is a link to screenshots for Strike. http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/Strike?sort=2&page=1

Spoiler

I also picked out a few images I liked, to show here. 

SnapShot387_4_zpso7vj4z0m.png
SnapShot388_4_zps3syyi1i8.png

Look at how sweet she looks, when apologizing to Tails for accidentally swinging one of Eggman's grenades at Tails's plane.

SnapShot397_3_zpsvtvuynus.png
Eggman's mouth, lol.

SnapShot409_3_zps9nugxorg.png

They are so cute together

SnapShot420_3_zps1pnjpzy6.png

I love how Amy feels sorry for Orbot & Cubot's abuse from Eggman, and tries helping them.

SnapShot424_3_zpslw4bmnks.png
It's about time we see Sonic riding his Blue Force 1 vehicle.

SnapShot430_3_zpskid3uc89.png

Poor Orbot and Cubot have to paddle all the way to Eggman's lair, after Eggman ditched them.

SnapShot434_3_zpstx83qhol.png
Amy can't believe they're still letting Eggman mistreat them, as they had to go all the way back to bring Eggman some rocks.

SnapShot440_3_zpsivb1fkpf.png

After Eggman changes his mind about the rocks, and insults them more, the episode's plot finally kicks in, and Orbot and Cubot take Amy's advice of going on strike.

SnapShot444_3_zpsob57f7qs.png

The Strike scenes kept getting funnier and funnier when Eggman ended up driving more of his minions to join.

SnapShot446_3_zpsgb01mpcw.png

SnapShot451_3_zpswuamttce.png
I love how they're just slouched over and confused, when they see Eggman taking three villagers along with him.

SnapShot454_3_zpsdbwmmoqw.png
That mid blink face

SnapShot463_3_zpsqrgnzbxm.png
Amy's response to Sonic's embarrassing over dramatic response to save the 3 villagers was funny.

SnapShot471_2_zpsk59vjcs8.png
Eggman's new recruits

SnapShot486_4_zpsy5ri1zpv.png
Amy stops Sonic from interrupting the robot's strike.

SnapShot492_4_zpsr1n6ikx3.png
Mike's blank face cracked me up during that scene. Anyone else think Mike looks a bit different in this episode? He seems to have a new 3d model, with a darker fur color, and slightly different eyes. I like it though.

SnapShot495_4_zpsirncpd3l.png

I couldn't help but notice how after Sonic realizes the Villagers don't need saving, Sonic practically ditches Amy, since he was her ride to the island. It's likely he either carried her and ran across the sea, or gave her a lift on his vehicle, yet he just leaves without asking Amy if she wanted to come along... Kind of a jerk move, the episode doesn't show Amy realizing Sonic left her, but still, it seemed a bit strange for Sonic to leave Amy stranded on his arch nemesis's island.

SnapShot497_4_zpsfiwrfknm.png
I love how Amy tries helping the robots out.

SnapShot508_4_zpsekjycnl1.png

Amy has the best face palm moments in the show.

SnapShot513_4_zpspmvkwwuc.png

The look on their faces after Eggman orders them to attack, and they realize Sonic would kick their butts if they even tried.

SnapShot523_4_zpsivyuvqjm.png

Eggman begging his robots to come back.

SnapShot536_4_zpskqeq9gp8.png

Amy is shocked and saddened to see Orbot and Cubot cut off the demand to be respected, and are still being mistreated by Eggman.

SnapShot538_4_zps2yf44rkw.png

I liked how Orbot and Cubot turned around and waved to Amy as if they were saying thanks and bye.

Then Amy realizes she doesn't know how to get back home.

SnapShot547_4_zps5hqqh8wa.png

Poor Amy, she just can't get a break in this series... Too many episodes with her usually have unhappy endings for her. All she did was try to help 2 neglected robots, yet she ends up getting stranded and left alone... I really hope the rest of season 2 will finally give this poor character a chance to shine. I wonder why she didn't use her communicator, she clearly has it. 

Regarding the promotion happening in Tumblr instead of Twitter might be because Bill and sometimes the writers promote/give reminders about the show.

When you think about it, Bill shows the title card of an episode and then days later, a summary pops out. Come Saturday, there are also reminders separately for the east/west coasts when the episode airs. Maybe that's why there's pics on Tumblr?

Also, (not sure if it's timezones or not,) but why do the pics come after the episode airs?

28 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Regarding the promotion happening in Tumblr instead of Twitter might be because Bill and sometimes the writers promote/give reminders about the show.

When you think about it, Bill shows the title card of an episode and then days later, a summary pops out. Come Saturday, there are also reminders separately for the east/west coasts when the episode airs. Maybe that's why there's pics on Tumblr?

Also, (not sure if it's timezones or not,) but why do the pics come after the episode airs?

That's not a good justification. Even if the writers are promoting the show there's nothing preventing SEGA's official accounts to promote their own series. Not to mention kinda defeats the purpose of a social media account. 

Just got done watching Strike, and I do agree on this being one of the weaker episodes this Season. It wasn't bad but I didn't get too many laughs out of this one. I liked how this was also an Amy episode as well since she was constantly cheering on the robots strike and supporting them. We got to see Sonic's Blue Force One a little bit and it looks really awesome. We also got a return of the robots from Season one as well, so that was cool. We got to see Mike the Ox and Fastidious Beaver return to. Not too much to say about this one. Overall it was good, but wasn't as good as previous episodes this season.

• Thumbs Up 3

I finally got around to watching Strike! and I thought it was pretty good episode, I don't really see why people are saying it was one of the weaker episodes.

I found myself in a laughing fit seeing all the various bots protesting, from Burnbot to Ballotbot to the Mega and etc. And it's also really surprising to see Amy being involved with Orbot and Cubot's protest but it's welcomed. Also cool to see the Blue Force One in use, is this the part where people make the joke "Why is Sonic in a Car" again or is that too 2012? Eggman trying to find replacements through Fastidious Beaver, Mike and Wolfie and seeing how it didn't work out was pretty fun!

Strike! was a pretty good episode, far from the weakest. I'd consider Tommy Thunder: Method Actor and Spacemaggdonocalypse to be weakest episodes of Season 2 so far. Color me introgued on what next week's episode is all about with Orbot and all.

Nah, I saw Strike! as pretty weak myself. The only time I laughed was Sonic's death glare, most other jokes only got a little chuckle. Honest, I practically forgot most of the episode since it didn't really stick out and like I said, it's pretty weak.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Soni said:

Strike! was a pretty good episode, far from the weakest.

Good to see that you like this episode, Soni. I couldn't and I can't. I know that Eggman is evil and is meant to be unlikable, but that was just overkill. I got angry and made comments about the episode. The only parts I found funny were Sonic saying that his vehicle is called 'Blue Force One, not Blue Force Three', Burnbot almost killing Eggman when he blew his horn at him and the 'to the Batmoblie' parody music and logo.

I, on the other hand, am officially done with this show. Sorry to be so negative but I just can't do this. Sonic Boom is a disappointment and as a result, this show is dead to me.

Strike! was neutral for me. There were some funny bits, a cute moment, and then a pretty dumb moment.

Sonic's death stare was funny, the failed spinning logo joke was also funny, it also reminded me of the time Eggman had a spinning logo joke on season 1, (forgot which episode though). Burnbot literally roasting Eggman while on strike was hilarious.

I was suprised when Amy got involved a bit more throughout the episode, feeling sympathy for Orbot and Cubot, and then suggesting and later motivating them and the rest of the robots on their strike. She was the good bit though, helping them and telling Eggman what the Robots also wanted. Orbot and Cubot waving goodbye to Amy was a pretty cute moment honestly.

The ending was kinda dumb though, Orbot and Cubot cancelling the last part of the demand (which was treating them with respect)  and Amy rowing back to the island was sad, poor kid.

We got to see Sonic riding the Blue Force One at last, but only for a few seconds. Sonic looks badass while riding it. Another neat thing about this episode were the facial expressions. Some looked good, and some looked funny, (Eggman's big mouth tho'). A bit like the expressions from the Anything you can do I can do worser episode.

And the music playing while Orbot and Cubot (and later Amy) were rowing the boat reminded me a bit of the Lawrence of Arabia theme.

Overall I found it to be okay. Not too many laughs, but nice expressions.

• Thumbs Up 3

I chuckled at a few jokes but I gotta admit this one was a little Meh for me. I do like the idea of Eggman's robots getting fed up with his constant abuse.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Strike!" was an okay episode that had a few laughs, references to other Sonic Boom episodes and some really good characterization from Amy with its few bright spots. I thought that the ending fell flat and thinking out loud I'm thinking it could of ended with either with Amy using her communicator to be picked up or Orbot and Cubot giving Amy a ride home in the Eggmobile since per the negotiations they had permission to use it albeit for "cross-water errands". I think an exception could of been made ;)

Still, despite the episode not being so good, there were still some noted observations:

ZYrsiSH.jpg?1
Starting off with Sticks and Knuckles being absent in this episode.

IiOKG1G.png?1
Can't blame Tails getting annoyed with his plane getting hit during the attack.

T6OEFsu.jpg?1
When the Gogoba Chief showed up I knew some guilt-tripping was going to happen!

KYT8q5Z.png?1
Sonic in the "Blue Force One". That thing needs a paint job! :P

IzscyYK.png?1
This isn't going to fare well with Burnbot trying to clean this up...He's got on an apron with Dr. Eggman with a baker's hat on it! :D

Tq1PmBV.png?1
Joining Orbot and Cubot in the strike includes Burnbot (multiple appearances in Season 1), Ballot Stuffer Bot (Episode 5-"My Fair Sticksy"), Fire Bot (Episode 4 "Buster"), and Mega (multiple appearances in Season 1). Even the Ball Bots are on strike!

DXBuyy1.png?1
Dr. Eggman's got that money, I mean, "wonga"! ;)

oW18ECD.png?1
Sonic's spinning symbol is a nod to the Batman TV series from the 1960's :)

yIPUoMm.jpg?1
Considering their track record of being stupid, Fastidious Beaver, Mike and Wolfie weren't stupid enough to attack Sonic!

WVriGjX.png?1
After the negotiations were made and the robots went back to Dr. Eggman, Orbot and Cubot wave to Amy :)

Again "Strike!" was an okay episode. Not bad but not exactly good either. The robots joining in on the strike brought some chuckles out of me and Amy had a bright spot which I felt was way overdue as far as Sonic Boom is concerned. While it wasn't bad by any means to me it didn't shine like most of the episodes for Season 2 have done so far and is definitely is my least favorite ("Multi-Tails" on the other hand is my favorite from Season 2). I'm very curious to see what next week's episode "The Evil Dr. Orbot" is all about.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ok, rewatched the episode and I still don't see why people think it's a weak episode. It's just so amusing to see the other bots try to clean up the messes, only to fail even harder! And the fact that Orbot and Cubot decided to remove "being treated with respect" to get everything else in the negotiations is even more hilarious, just comes to show that the bots just accepts that Eggman's insults are the norm, a bit of dark humor if I say so myself. Then again, it reminds me back to The Meteor where the bots won't do anything if they aren't threatened to do so.

So yeah, Strike! is a good episode and I have bad opinions

C2Lt0OOXEAIuq8c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Everyone's different @Soni. You have your opinion, we have ours. It's fine if you can't see where we're coming from though. But Strike! is the weakest episode so far for me. Didn't feel like there was any point in it whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Everyone's different @Soni. You have your opinion, we have ours. It's fine if you can't see where we're coming from though. But Strike! is the weakest episode so far for me. Didn't feel like there was any point in it whatsoever.

What do you mean there was no point to the episode? It's not like this episode is going to play a huge part in future episodes, at best it would be referenced and that's being generous.

The point of the episode is that Orbot and Cubot had enough of Eggman's crap, protests and the other bots join when they also grown sick of it. Eggman being the egotistical manchild he is, decides to replace them with some of the Villagers and that didn't work out; so Eggman broke out of his ego and begged the bots to work for him again, where they made a mutual agreement.

I'd say this episode is better structured than episodes like Spacemeggdonocalypse since that episode felt especially weak due to its over-reliance of comedic pauses which killed the pacing and some aspects of the episode had to be rushed to make up for those comedic pauses. Or in the first episode of Season 2 where focuses a lot on Tommy Thunder, who isn't a bad character in my eyes but isn't interesting enough to share a big spotlight on with Sonic so that episode kinda goes into a "meh" territory.

It's fine to have an opinion but atleast be well-informed about that opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2