Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

42 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

SnapShot341_4_zpslmatk8qk.png

The feels!?

But yea, I gotta say season 2 has been even better then season 1 so far IMO.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

The feels!?

But yea, I gotta say season 2 has been even better then season 1 so far IMO.

Agreed! The animation, action, etc., in season two have been a lot better than season one imo. 

I'm glad it mentioned Angel Island, hope we see it in the show some day.  Though I now Wonder why Knuckles isn't there guarding the Master Emerald?  

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SonicComicFanboy said:

I'm glad it mentioned Angel Island, hope we see it in the show some day.  Though I now Wonder why Knuckles isn't there guarding the Master Emerald?  

Well, we don't know if there is a Master Emerald. There aren't any Chaos Emeralds (unless you count those crystals from RoL). I doubt the show will answer those questions anytime soon, though. Possibly in a game if Boom ever gets another one.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Well, we don't know if there is a Master Emerald. There aren't any Chaos Emeralds (unless you count those crystals from RoL). I doubt the show will answer those questions anytime soon, though. Possibly in a game if Boom ever gets another one.

I would actually like to see a Boom game on the Switch eventually, though hopefully done with a better team then did Rise of Lyric.

And yea, I guess the Master Emerald doesn't have to exist in the Boom universe just because Angel Island does, heck it might not even be a floating Island in  Boom.  But yea acknowledging it's existence is a nice vague way to justify doing something with it down the line if they ever choose to do so.  I for one would love to see a Boom version of Tikal myself. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

The episode was okay, The Biggest Fan is still probably my favourite so far. The lighting really put me off, as silly as that sounds.

Like Multi Tails, found this to be a cute episode.

Knuckles was a dork and cute here. Pulling off a few sad faces and trying to find a foster family but in vain. Kinda sympathised with him at this time. There were funny bits, laughed at the hacky sitcom lines, and Knuckles crossdressing to be the "daughter" for Lady Walrus. 

latest?cb=20170129114815

I wasn't expecting these two to show up, (I thought Charlie would appear with a focused role in Mech Suits Me.) but I liked these two here. Goes to show Belinda can be really cunning, using Knuckles' weak points to their advantage and turning him into a temporary villain. I also liked the episode due to it's slight continuity points. They mentioned before that Knuckles is from Angel Island (in the episode Cowbot) and now they borrowed the fact that he the last one of his kind. It also brings back the events from Counter Productive, (Charlie mentions his job losses and turn to villainy).

latest?cb=20170129044645

Also this moment was TOO CUTE HNNNGNGNGG

And yeah, also like Multi Tails, the lighting here was odd in several scenes. Like in Charlie's model while fighting the others, and some of the mouths looked odd too. Overall it was another cute episode, and now I'm interested in what Mech Suits me is about.

• Thumbs Up 3

Still need to watch the episode.. but talking about angel island and knuckles not being there

what if dunno.. he though it was pointless to be the guardian of an island where nobody lives?

I mean if there exists a Master gem to take care, maybe he made sure it get lost that nobody woul look after it... and decided that he didn't wanted to be alone anymore...

I know it's most likely we will never find out but its something i was thinking about :D eheh

• Thumbs Up 3

13 hours ago, sinclair said:

Some of the lighting seemed a bit off to me, but other than that, I enjoyed it.

People keep saying that but I think the issue is there actually is lighting now.

This was a fun episode. I think my favorite bit was the fake montage of Knuckles going door to door but it was just the same guy. I got a big laugh out of "I JUST WANT TO BE LOVED!"

I also got a kick out of Knuckles just not recognizing Charlie at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

That episode was fantastic! I'm glad there's a falafel place in the village ? I really liked when amy was like "and you're the strongest one in the group" and knuckles replied with "Clearly" while looking at sonic ?? also I like that sonic said "what the heck" and they didn't go THAT FAR with the child protection stuff ?I love when knuckles ran to charlie and Belinda to tell them about what sonic said, and when knuckles sat on charlie ?

Just watched it, loved it!

I don't mind if the episode isn't as funny as other episodes as long as it's well written. And Natalys did a great job with this episode, it did had some fun jokes but a good amount of emotion as well; which isn't too common for a show like Boom. Gotta love those jabs at the show itself, "hacky sitcoms", and hey, another reference to Angel Island. That makes atleast 3 mentions of main series locations in the Boom universe. 2 Angel Islands in the show and Mushroom Hill from Fire & Ice. And hey, Boom makes reference of a deceased character in the Boom universe; unless we take in consideration that Nominatus died (holy shit, Boom is more edgy than the other Sonic cartoons). But hey, a nice tidbit on ol' Vandersnout. Gotta love that vintage montage sequence, they could've just done a basic montage but nah, they added that touch and it was nice. Also nice to see Charlie and Belinda be the main villains for this episode this time around, Eggman is nice and all but you got other established villains for a reason :P. 

That's another strong favorite Boomisode along with Nutwork and The Biggest Fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't Knuckles a bit... old to be adopted? Also, I thought Knuckles would look for a house, not a family. Don't Sonic and friends count as a family to Knuckles?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Isn't Knuckles a bit... old to be adopted? Also, I thought Knuckles would look for a house, not a family. Don't Sonic and friends count as a family to Knuckles?

well...he's still 16 years old right? today people can actually adopt teenagers.. even though he didn't really needed to be adopted in a way that he needed someone to take care of him...  but he just wanted to have a family, to be loved by figures like a dad or mom or a grandmother ...

and he just got realize of that on this episode :)

-------------

this episode got me like "dawww!" very often! was very cute! it was very funny.. and ending not rushed.

also even though the lighning didn't looked so nice... the action scenes in the fight were very well done!

my favourite thing besides the group hug, it was Sonic not wanting to hurt his friend,  :wub: that's so adorable!

• Thumbs Up 2

This episode was adorable actually. The ending was pretty sweet too. Also I guess angel island is somewhat canon this universe. (?) 

• Thumbs Up 1

It could as simple as an island just called Angel Island, will we ever get to see what Boom's Angel Island would look like? Chances are, highly unlikely.

7 hours ago, Soni said:

Just watched it, loved it!

I don't mind if the episode isn't as funny as other episodes as long as it's well written. And Natalys did a great job with this episode, it did had some fun jokes but a good amount of emotion as well; which isn't too common for a show like Boom. Gotta love those jabs at the show itself, "hacky sitcoms", and hey, another reference to Angel Island. That makes atleast 3 mentions of main series locations in the Boom universe. 2 Angel Islands in the show and Mushroom Hill from Fire & Ice. And hey, Boom makes reference of a deceased character in the Boom universe; unless we take in consideration that Nominatus died (holy shit, Boom is more edgy than the other Sonic cartoons). But hey, a nice tidbit on ol' Vandersnout. Gotta love that vintage montage sequence, they could've just done a basic montage but nah, they added that touch and it was nice. Also nice to see Charlie and Belinda be the main villains for this episode this time around, Eggman is nice and all but you got other established villains for a reason :P. 

That's another strong favorite Boomisode along with Nutwork and The Biggest Fan.

There was a reference to Nominatus?

2 minutes ago, Festive Fusion said:

There was a reference to Nominatus?

No...

I just said that this is probably the second time where it is revealed a character did die if Nominatus is really dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, forgot about Vandersnout's husband.

Also it was pretty evident before, but yeah someone on tumblr asked the sonic tumblr regarding knux's backstory elaboration in Boom and they said backstories aren't covered there.

tumblr_okkmoov2691ujlc7oo3_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now catching this as I was sick the past few days but "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?" was both a funny and heartwarming episode and that combination is my favorite when it comes to cartoons really. I felt sorry for Knuckles throughout the episode. From him hitting his head to getting amnesia, to being rejected, to being guilt-tripped, tearful moments and taken advantage of but in the end Knuckles realized what he was looking for was what he had all along with Sonic, Tails, Amy and Sticks being his family :).

Observation time!

54EwPbj.png?1
Love this stance from Sonic before using the Enerbeam during Team Sonic's battle with Dr. Eggman (sans Orbot and Cubot) :)

cm5GfCZ.png?1
The first thing Knuckles sees after getting knocked out are his friends ^_^

HqDHh0s.jpg?1
"How many fingers am I holding up?" Wasn't expecting Knuckles' answer there even if it is continuity of him being unable to count.

X2nQxcw.png?1
Mrs. Vandersnout calling Amy, Sticks, Sonic and Tails "riff-raff". How rude! 

kKWBj27.png?1
I knew Knuckles' interaction with the Gogoba tribe was going to involve guilt-tripping!

AHb8vcZ.png?1
That book Lady Walrus is reading is the same book that Sonic was returning in Episode 24 ("Late Fees")

dyxjJhJ.png?1
Knuckles fighting with his "brother" over a McMeh toy! :P

bhLcaBS.png?1
During the vintage montage scene Belinda has to restrain Charlie in a game of Fuzzy Puppies. This game seems to bring out the worst in people! :D

B1o0IDm.png?1
Knuckles sitting on Charlie's lap like a kid does with their parent ^_^

6MbS6Qz.png?1
Love this group hug between all members of Team Sonic! It's moments like this that makes Sonic Boom so enjoyable for me seeing the friendship among Team Sonic in both word and deed. This has got to be my favorite image in the show for sure! :)

Again this was a good episode. One that provided plenty of entertainment and even emotional moments with little involvement with Dr. Eggman. It was good to see Charlie again as well as his wife Belinda and I hope to see more of them as Season 2 moves along which has been very enjoyable so far. And that Team Sonic group hug brought a huge smile to my face :). Curious to know what "Mech Suits Me" is all about next!

• Thumbs Up 7

One more thing about Mech Suits Me, while the whole Team Sonic is in it, Greg Hahn has hinted that it's more of a Sonic episode.

He also states that there's some Amy episodes in this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

can i just say how much i liked the continuity in this episode, oh, and Eggman have a food blog, maybe he lists the best tomatoes and how to grow them...

and Angel Island, now i need to see Boom!Angel Island, master emerald maybe? (or master crystal)

On 1/29/2017 at 1:19 AM, SonicComicFanboy said:

They mentioned Angel Island in the episode "Cowbot" as well. I'd like to see it shown, sometime, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/29/2017 at 1:19 AM, SonicComicFanboy said:

Chaos emeralds aren't a thing in sonic boom

I would imagine the ME is also not a thing.

It could serve a different purpose, at the least.

It kinda bothers me that Knuckles is the last echidna here too, though. Kinda makes me wish we got to see others (or that the writers would pull an incredibly stupid plot twist, like "Knuckles only THOUGHT he was the last one and told everyone that").

• Thumbs Up 1