Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

15 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

And now we have a plot summary for this week's episode, "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?":

That synopsis.... is actually kind of depressing.  Poor Knuckles.  I feel like I need to give him a hug now. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SonicWind said:

And now we have a plot summary for this week's episode, "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?":

Hey, at least they still remembered Knuckles was the last of his kind. Cool to see it also applies here.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Wow... That's quite an unexpected plot. It almost sounds like a tragic plot, but something tells me the episode won't be as serious as people might expect. This is Sonic Boom after all, they can't seem to take any plot seriously, but who knows? The show has had it's surprising emotional moments, such as The Sidekick, Translate This, Beyond the Valley of Cubots, Tails's Crush, It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog, Alone Again, Unaturally, I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Down Here, etc. 

14 hours ago, SonicWind said:

...I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS EXPECTING WITH THAT PLOT.

...Anyway, there's definately gonna be some funny moments, but I'm hoping there's gonna be some heartwarming moments as well.

16 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Bill's just revealed the title card for "Mech Suits Me", and aside from being another Denton/Hahn episode (YES!), there's another interesting detail. I'll let you see for yourself:

Holy crud everyone's glowing, except Sticks.

That kinda reminds me of that one feature in Rise of Lyric when Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are wearing Tron like clothes-

C3HB5HZXcAAL4fr.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/24/2017 at 4:53 PM, Festive Fusion said:

It definately sounds like the Kill Bill theme. (Fact: the actual name for this theme is Battle without Honor or Humanity by Tomoyasu Hotei.)

So THAT'S what the music was called. I heard this music years ago. I also heard it in a 'Naturally Pumped' Buxton commercial and Sonic Boom's Counter Productive episode parodied that music.

Just had another thought.

Spoiler

What if the Mech Suits Me episode features those "Potential Crystals" that one report mentioned when Season 2 was announced? Maybe that could be the reason why their bandages are glowing?

The Sonic Tumblr posted some preview pics for Knuck, Knuck Who's There?

tumblr_ok3v0rbc551u5cb23o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ok3v0rbc551u5cb23o2_500.jpg

tumblr_ok3v0rbc551u5cb23o3_500.jpg

How does one get a family when you’re the last echidna? Knuckles searches for an answer this Saturday on Sonic Boom. Catch it at 6pm on Boomerang.

Oh hey, Charlies is back again. Also is it just me or is the lighting a bit off again like in Multi-Tails?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Soni said:

How does one get a family when you’re the last echidna? Knuckles searches for an answer this Saturday on Sonic Boom. Catch it at 6pm on Boomerang.

Oh hey, Charlies is back again. Also is it just me or is the lighting a bit off again like in Multi-Tails?

I don't see anything real wrong with the lighting here. I'd have to see the whole episode to fairly judge, but I don't think it looks as different as Multi-Tails. 

The lighting on Knuckles in those preview pics looks very familiar to the lighting on him in Multi-Tails. It just clicked with me, like that.

Just now, Soni said:

The lighting on Knuckles in those preview pics looks very familiar to the lighting on him in Multi-Tails. It just clicked with me, like that.

Even if it is, I don't think it's a bad thing. I didn't think the shading in Multi-Tails looked bad, it just seemed different, there were plenty of season 1 episodes that looked worse.  There were some people making a big deal over it, which I really don't see what the fuss is about. It's not like it looks like the cutscenes from Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal or Fire and Ice. 

I didn't mean that the lighting was bad, it just that it looked off in a "that's not the normal lighting most Boom episodes had" sort of deal.

The lighting in Season 1 was outright absent at times, this to me kinda looks like inverted lightmapping in, say, SA1.

So, after days of busy work and crappy internet I finally saw the latest episode and I ended up liking it. I liked how genius orbot's fuzzy puppy buddies plan was in comparison to Eggman's. The dialogue was just on point. All in all, it's a good episode.

2 hours ago, Soni said:

Hmm, it doesn't look that off like multi-tails but it's pretty noticeable. I'm gonna take a guess and assume that this episode and Multi-tails are apart of a batch of episodes with this similar lighting effect. 

8 minutes ago, CottonCandy said:

So, after days of busy work and crappy internet I finally saw the latest episode and I ended up liking it. I liked how genius orbot's fuzzy puppy buddies plan was in comparison to Eggman's. The dialogue was just on point. All in all, it's a good episode.

Hmm, it doesn't look that off like multi-tails but it's pretty noticeable. I'm gonna take a guess and assume that this episode and Multi-tails are apart of a batch of episodes with this similar lighting effect. 

I think the lighting is suitable for this type of scenery. It's a sunny looking day, so the lighting should have a bright look to it.

Well yeah but I was really referring to shadows. There's a lack of shadows and depth. Especially on Charlie ( I think that's his name) in the third screen shot. He sticks out from the scenery. It's weird. 

Tails stands out to me in that first screenshot honestly, there is something about the lighting that seems off, but not like 'Multi-Tails'.

47 minutes ago, Haalyle said:

Tails stands out to me in that first screenshot honestly, there is something about the lighting that seems off, but not like 'Multi-Tails'.

1 hour ago, CottonCandy said:

Well yeah but I was really referring to shadows. There's a lack of shadows and depth. Especially on Charlie ( I think that's his name) in the third screen shot. He sticks out from the scenery. It's weird. 

I agree, Charlie does look a bit off.

It looks like Sticks will be back for the next two episodes at least.

Probably a stupid question, but do you think SEGA will ever get anyone to do a proper DVD release of the show in the U.S.?  It's been going since November 2014 and all it had to show for its trouble is a promotional bonus disc in Fire & Ice for the 3DS!  

Personally I would love to see SEGA team up with Shout Factory so Boom could get the same level of quality release that AOSTH, SATAM & Underground got!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/28/2017 at 0:57 AM, SonicComicFanboy said:

Probably a stupid question, but do you think SEGA will ever get anyone to do a proper DVD release of the show in the U.S.?  It's been going since November 2014 and all it had to show for its trouble is a promotional bonus disc in Fire & Ice for the 3DS!  

Personally I would love to see SEGA team up with Shout Factory so Boom could get the same level of quality release that AOSTH, SATAM & Underground got!

I want Blu ray instead. If Boomerang taught me anything, it's that this show us better off in hd.

Knuck Knuck, Who's Here was a hilarious episode, and it had a heartwarming ending. Oddly enough, it did have the same lighting issue as Multi Tails, but it was no big deal. Knuckle's amnesia didn't last long, but even after recovering his memory, he still remembered Amy mentioning how he's the last of his kind, and it caused Knuckles to realize that he's actually sad about it, so he tries desperately to find a family. He tries being a servant for that mean old Wolf lady, he tries being a kid for Lady Walrus, but she says she doesn't want another kid, unless it's a daughter, so Knuckles cross dresses as a teenage girl (that part was hilarious.) Finally, Charlie and his wife decide this would be the perfect opportunity to get back at Knuckles, and decide to act like a family, and convert him to join the villain side. Eventually, Knuckles realizes they were using him, and he fights back. In the end, Knuckles apologizes to his friends for betraying them, and Amy let's Knuckles know that they are his family, and they all have a group hug. It was a pretty sweet ending. The episode of course wasn't very serious, and treated everything over the top comically, but the ending was still very sweet. This was definitely one of my favorite episodes of season 2, it was almost as funny as Multi Tails. 

I also enjoyed "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?", and it was a pretty funny episode. We may not have learned why Knux is the last echidna, but that doesn't detract anything from the episode. It's not like this show is concerned with that stuff.

I certainly wasn't expecting Charlie and Belinda to trick Knuckles into fighting for them (though in retrospect, it was blatantly obvious the episode would go that route). And of course, there was the heartwarming ending.

Also, another use of the Enerbeam. Glad it's still not forgotten.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hmm I kind of wish they would go more into that. Why he is the last echidina, with this being a new continuity, they have an opportunity to have the characters have completely different reasons as to who they are, what they are. But I suppose that's better left for a game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The episode is out there, btw!

Good episode! It was funny and cringeworthy at the same time. I loved Sonic's "hacky sitcoms" comment; I laughed too hard at that. 

Some of the lighting seemed a bit off to me, but other than that, I enjoyed it. The episode kind of had a more serious tone to it, which I didn't expect. It was certainly interesting to see.

Looking forward to what next week's episode has in store!

• Thumbs Up 1

I forgot to mention the part about Knuckles wanting to be a member of the Gogoba Tribe. That part was actually pretty funny. I loved how they accepted him in, until he volunteered to help move the boulder out of the well, which they found offensive, since it's against the Gogoba way to do things themselves. Only 3 Gogoba appearances in season 2 so far, and they've been surprisingly funny.

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/Knuck Knuck Whos Here?sort=2&page=1

Screens from today's episode.

SnapShot186_4_zpsynr8rrw5.png

SnapShot341_4_zpslmatk8qk.png

• Thumbs Up 3