Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

The episode's out there if you know where to look.

Anyway, another decent episode! The small Sonamy moment was cute. The running gag with Eggman getting electrocuted multiple times made me chuckle.

Looking forward to next week's episode!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, come on. Are you telling me they missed the opportunity to call next week's episode "Knock, Knock! It's Knuckles" ?!

That... disappoints me more than it should.

• Thumbs Up 1

I won't lie, I sincerly & unapologetically enjoy this show.  I just wish it had a better time slot on CN.  Oh well at least Boomerang shows reruns at a decent time.

• Thumbs Up 3

haha this episode.. i loved it! i giggled so much more than the last one..and you know? something i've noticed since last episode its that the lightning and shades its looking better everytime!

i'm so glad that they made reference to fuzzy puppies and Eggman's plan for that was cool XD...and i 'm so happy to see Dave and Barker again ,

i also liked a lot how the Mayor decided to do something against the villains.(lol for once!). even if that meant actually legaly allow them to be villains  :o hehe it was a clever idea but it kinda backfires a lot :D

i think it could have been more effective to put ridiculous restrictions along with the license so the evil actions will be limited or something XD of course that would have made conflict with the rest of the episode plot but i was just thinking on that :lol:

loved Orbot being a super effective villain! what a big threat he was and i'm glad he was given the chance to be like that..

i just really missed Sticks in this episode hehe hopefully she will be on the nexts ones

and hey also someone put this on tumblr..its a storyboard scene from "The Biggest Fan" episode

http://drawloverlala.tumblr.com/post/156242702756/sonicwind-01-a-storyboard-scene-from-sonic-boom

• Thumbs Up 6

This was a much better Orbot (and to a degree Cubot) episode than last week's.

Orbot was awesome here. He's shown to be a more calculating, insulting villain, it shows when he successfully stole and sold the fuzzy puppy figurines without destroying the warehouse, and using the stolen weather machine to cause literal storms and chaos. And good lord his evil laughs and dialogue were entertaining!

latest?cb=20170123143143

Eggman was also funny. His Egg Wilhelm screams and the running gag of getting electrocuted in a cartoon like manner.

Laughed at the my baby dialogue. And I loved that Kill Bill music reference. The electric guitar, drums and that beat was a nice touch to the battle. Cubot saving the day by restarting Orbot was surprising.

latest?cb=20170121074954

And the Beetle bots generate shields to protect themselves, though that becomes useless when someone jumps over that and on them lol.

Overall a nice episode, liked it mainly due to Orbot's role here. I wonder what Knuck Knuck will be about...

• Thumbs Up 3

I really, really enjoyed this episode. It felt nicely balanced to me and just overall enjoyable.

It was pretty fun. I wish Kirk Thornton hammed things up as much as Shadow as he did as Orbot, though. He sounds so bored as Shadow.

Also, Eggman saying he planned everything at the end was great.

("Not really, I just got lucky! But it'll drive Kars Orbot crazy, for sure!")

The Evil Dr. Orbot was another pretty good episode! Benoit Grenier has done it yet again, though I didn't laugh as much as I did in Alone Again, Unnaturally; I liked the story behind it. The idea of the mayor getting sick of seeing villains destroying property so much that it can financially ruin the village and making villainy possible only though permits is just an amusing thought to me. Also it's nice to see the other villains in action like Barker, the Lightning Bolt Society (except no Tree Spy), the Weasel Bandits and Charlie and do their thing. Also I think this is the first time Sonic has directly attacked Eggman without a mech or anything. Another nice reference to Season 1 as well with the Fuzzy Puppy Buddies.

This was definitely Orbot's epsiode, Thornton really made him fun to see being uber evil and stuff. Also very funny to see Eggman constantly getting hit by lighting due to Tails' Weather Machine. 11 episodes into the second season and we see the return of the "My Baby" joke. Also while we saw the Beetle Bots before in In the Midnight Hour, this episode we finally get to see them in an actual battle. Also Eggman mentioned Ant Bots, which leads me to think those were the new bots seen in the F&I concept art. Oh yeah, another good fight scene as well with a musical rendition of that iconic action music theme, was it from the A-Team or something?

So yeah, pretty good episode. Looking forward to the next one.

• Thumbs Up 2

First post here and I'm gonna use it to say I genuinely love this cartoon. Its probably my favorite Sonic cartoon out of all the cartoons and anime they have made for Sonic.

As for The Evil Dr. Orbot, I thought it was a decent episode. The plot set up was pretty amusing and I love the callback to Eggman being a fan of the Fuzzy Puppies strategy game, especially coming from Amy. Orbot was pretty entertaining and I like how he did end up going mad with power and even outsmarting Eggman in every way possible. The action sequence at the end was pretty neat and I thought it was pretty funny how Cubot only needed to touch Orbot's eyes to reset him back. It was a decent episode overall!

• Thumbs Up 4

Gotta say that this is my favorite robot henchmen episode, granted there's only about three of them in total, but that doesn't detract from this being a good episode. I loved the running gag with Eggman being shocked with Tail's whether machine, and also the return of older villain such as Barker and the Lightning Bolt Society. Loved the call back to Fuzzy Puppy Buddies (favorite Amy episode so far), and how Orbot was such a competent villain. We got to see those Beetle Bots use a new shield move (but it's ineffective because it doesn't cover the whole body). One thing I liked is that Eggman failed the test not because he wasn't smart enough but actually because he was too smart and ended up over thinking the problems, I just didn't want them to make him unnecessarily dumb when he's proven to be very smart in the series before, so I was pleasantly surprised. Also, there was that one SonAmy moment, lol. Wonder if they'll actually let the two get together instead of dragging on as a joke. Probably not, but that's just me guessing. Anyway, I thought this one was a good episode and a definite improvement over last weeks in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Drawloverlala said:

and hey also someone put this on tumblr..its a storyboard scene from "The Biggest Fan" episode

http://drawloverlala.tumblr.com/post/156242702756/sonicwind-01-a-storyboard-scene-from-sonic-boom

Wow, I really like how expressive they made Sonic look in the storyboard art. It makes me wonder what if Sonic Boom was actually 2D animated instead of 3D. Regardless, I think the 3D animation looks great and has definitely improved from Season 1, so I'm definitely not going to complain.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, TwoTailedWonder said:

First post here and I'm gonna use it to say I genuinely love this cartoon. Its probably my favorite Sonic cartoon out of all the cartoons and anime they have made for Sonic.

Glad you enjoy it so much! It always makes me happy when I see another devoted fan of the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SonicWind said:

Glad you enjoy it so much! It always makes me happy when I see another devoted fan of the show.

As I dive back into the Sonic fandom and forums, I'm starting to see that there's a lot of divide on this show, so as a fan, its always nice to see there are indeed people who love this show.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TwoTailedWonder said:

As I dive back into the Sonic fandom and forums, I'm starting to see that there's a lot of divide on this show, so as a fan, its always nice to see there are indeed people who love this show.

There are many thing as a fandom that were divided on, but I'm happy that when we associate with people that like similar things to us, it's not as bad as people make us out to be. That being said, I really do like finding other people who like this show since it seems like I every where I turn there some kind of hater that doesn't like the show or the people who like it. Welcome aboard.

• Thumbs Up 2

"The Evil Dr. Orbot" was a good episode! Was good to see Orbot get some love in the show and he didn't disappoint at all. The episode had some funny moments and it was nice to see familiar faces with the villains and things from previous episodes. That is always fun to see IMO and that bring a bit of continuity to Sonic Boom as well. And Soar the Eagle definitely got it right calling the townspeople "simple-minded" lol.

Per usual, time for some observations with the latest episode of Sonic Boom...

QkCAUFH.jpg?1
This is the second episode in a row that didn't have Sticks in it (I find her face there fitting). Hope she's back next week as Sticks is one of my favorite characters in Sonic Boom.

Z0UDoip.png?1
Charlie's back again in Season 2! :)

Xdda3wI.png?1
Dr. Eggman after Sonic defeated him via a spindash! And Fuzzy Puppies everywhere! :P

rIzylHE.png?1
T.W. Barker charging $20 for a pencil?! Well, if last week's episode was any indication this shouldn't of hurt Dr. Eggman's wallet too much ;)

1azfurx.png?1
Dr. Eggman hit bit a lightening bolt: Round 1! :D

GauQUL6.png?1
Forget raining on one's parade, Sonic and Amy's picnic got rained on!

ZL4Mobh.png?1
Orbot's body language and attitude here...nothing like the real Orbot at all!

ybCKJ7U.png?1
Nice catch, Knuckles! 

mdNm5BP.png?1
Cubot resets Orbot. An evil doctor no more!

HFrD9H6.png?1
And the episode ends with Tails, Amy, Sonic and Knuckles sharing a laugh-after Dr. Eggman gets struck with a lightening bolt for a THIRD time :)

"The Dr. Evil Orbot" was a good episode. Again it brought some good laughs and it was nice to see villains from previous episodes and even Fuzzy Puppies even being brought back! Orbot definitely shined in this episode-even if he wasn't himself. I was wondering how Orbot was going to go back to his regular self and Cubot answered the question just fine ;). Good stuff all around as I have felt that way with the most of Season 2 so far. As always, I'm looking forward to the next episode! :) 

• Thumbs Up 7

Did anyone notice that when the lightning struck Eggman the third time that Tails didn't really react? Normally he'd freak out and jump into Sonic's arms, or cower behind him.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, TwoTailedWonder said:

Did anyone notice that when the lightning struck Eggman the third time, Tails didn't really react? Normally he'd freak out and jump into Sonic's arms, or cower behind him.

That was just a joke for Cabin Fever, Boom cares more abut comedy than continuity.

11 minutes ago, Soni said:

That was just a joke for Cabin Fever, Boom cares more abut comedy than continuity.

The show isn't as big about continuity yes, but its there on some rare occasions, like in this episode, we saw that Eggman is still a huge fan of Fuzzy Puppies. Also, it is a canon fear Tails has, which first showed up in the Sonic OVA I believe.

• Thumbs Up 2

i would like my Tails more lightning-afraid next time please

now, continuity aside, i really liked  this episode, can't wait for Knuckles house unveil next time! (also Sticks, where's Sticks??)

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree, Boom may not be heavy on continuity, but little quarks like Eggman liking Fuzzy Puppies or Tails being afraid of lightning are what help make/keep these versions fun/interesting 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 20/01/2017 at 11:21 AM, SpongicX said:

I have a feeling it will ironically end up with Orbot becoming mad with power, and ends up being a better villain than Eggman. This show loves to pull off the unexpected with cliche plot lines, and to see Orbot go from the rather shy and polite henchman, to gaining an iron fist could play out hilariously. It would also be funny to see Sonic and his friends be outmatched for Orbot. I have a feeling that Cubot might be the real hero of the episode. Maybe while Orbot is too distracted from his evil dictation, Cubot will somehow talk some sense into him, or sneak up from behind and shut him off. Eggman would then reprogram Orbot to forget everything that happened. 

http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/156141306428/a-new-doctor-is-in-town-and-his-name-is-dr 

Preview images for tomorrow night's new episode. I really like the image with Sonic and Amy on a picnic. We also get to see Eggman's rhino beetle badniks in this one. Strange, will Sticks be absent in this episode as well? Sticks always seems to be in and out throughout this series. 

That's exactly what happened ?

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Fusion said:

This was a much better Orbot (and to a degree Cubot) episode than last week's.

Orbot was awesome here. He's shown to be a more calculating, insulting villain, it shows when he successfully stole and sold the fuzzy puppy figurines without destroying the warehouse, and using the stolen weather machine to cause literal storms and chaos. And good lord his evil laughs and dialogue were entertaining!

latest?cb=20170123143143

Eggman was also funny. His Egg Wilhelm screams and the running gag of getting electrocuted in a cartoon like manner.

Laughed at the my baby dialogue. And I loved that Kill Bill music reference. The electric guitar, drums and that beat was a nice touch to the battle. Cubot saving the day by restarting Orbot was surprising.

latest?cb=20170121074954

And the Beetle bots generate shields to protect themselves, though that becomes useless when someone jumps over that and on them lol.

Overall a nice episode, liked it mainly due to Orbot's role here. I wonder what Knuck Knuck will be about...

I thought the music was Mission Impossible, maybe it was Kill Bill?

4 hours ago, Noyascha said:

That's exactly what happened ?

Minus the part about Sonic and friends being outmatched, but even I was surprised over how close my prediction was.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I thought the music was Mission Impossible, maybe it was Kill Bill?

It definately sounds like the Kill Bill theme. (Fact: the actual name for this theme is Battle without Honor or Humanity by Tomoyasu Hotei.)

The episode mostly empasizes the electric guitar tunes of this and I think it also mentions the tune at 0:20 of this video, though I think that was reduced in the episode due to the sound effects of the Egg Tank, missles and explosions.

I thought that piece of tweaked theme music suited the battle we saw in that episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill's just revealed the title card for "Mech Suits Me", and aside from being another Denton/Hahn episode (YES!), there's another interesting detail. I'll let you see for yourself:

• Thumbs Up 6