Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Maybe it's just me, but didn't it seem like Sonic knew Vector personally? Like, I'm pretty sure it seemed like he'd never heard of Vector's show beforehand, yet knew who he was.

Edit: Yeah, just re-watched that bit of the show. Sonic had never even heard of Vector's show, but acted like the two of them had history of some kind.

• Thumbs Up 5

47 minutes ago, Potada said:

Maybe it's just me, but didn't it seem like Sonic knew Vector personally? Like, I'm pretty sure it seemed like he'd never heard of Vector's show beforehand, yet knew who he was.

Edit: Yeah, just re-watched that bit of the show. Sonic had never even heard of Vector's show, but acted like the two of them had history of some kind.

Maybe it's a reference to him being one of the oldest Sonic characters, possibly the reason he was chosen?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Maybe it's a reference to him being one of the oldest Sonic characters, possibly the reason he was chosen?

That's certainly possible. Vector was originally supposed to be a part of Sonic's band in the old concepts. It'd be a cool nod to that.

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Let's just hope Sega won't prevent the show from having a little development, afterall, there were a few episodes with some heart warming and emotional moments, like The Sidekick, Translate This, Beyond the Valley of Cubots, Robots From The Sky, The Unnamed Episode, and Give Bees A Chance. Sonic Boom has had episodes that mix humor with more emotional moments, and it is what helped make those episodes a little more special for some.

I never saw the cubots episode as emotional.

Just watched the Vector episode, and I loved it! Really like the portrayal of Vector here, as it's different from his game counterpart but not enough to where it's not really the same character anymore. Him having his own reality TV show is a good counterpart to actually having a detective agency in the games. I was curious how they were going to play it off without him being a Chaotix member and Espio and Charmy not being present either, but props to Reid Herrison because I think he did a great job substituting them, although I still would like to see all three of them together. This is probably one of if not my favorite episode this season, and if we're not getting another game character then I'll just have to wait till the Season finale to get to see more of the other already shown game characters.

Also, can we talk about how tall Vector is? I can't be the only one that noticed the size difference between him and the other characters, right? Or maybe I am the only one and I'm making a huge deal outta this for no reason.

8 hours ago, RLS Legacy said:

denton.thumb.jpg.3945f584ac787a89c6d983a049170a14.jpg

Oh.

Ohohoho.

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

joins in the OHing

Real talk, we might be looking into this too much, but I don't care, give me Season 3.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I never saw the cubots episode as emotional.

It kind of was in a way. Cubot felt so happy  to think he was the best of the failed Cubots, but Eggman reveals to Orbot that Cubot was also a failed protype, and revealed that Orbot is the real final version of Cubot. Orbot knew Cubot would be sad to realize he's also a failed prototype, and Orbot keeps it a secret. That was a very deep thing for Orbot to do, he hid the truth from Cubot, because he cared about Cubot, and didn't want to hurt his feelings. He also did it, because he missed Cubot, and wanted him to come back.

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally got around to watching the episode. I must admit, while I was kinda scared when the Vector-reality-show episode rumour first came up after the Shadow and Metal disaster, and Reid Harrison as writer of some.. divisive episodes reinforced that feeling, this episode really put a smile on my face as I was pleasantly surprised by how well they handled Vector. He felt more like what the character game Vector is supposed to be than some of the games actually portray him, which is largely due to the problem of not getting to see him do any investigating anymore there (or doing anything for that matter, similar to all other characters). I also dig his Boom design and would like his jacket to transfer over to the main series, while keeping his headphones, which is obviously never happening, but it's a shame to lose that design since we'll probably never see Boom Vector again thanks to Sega's fun mandates.

Also, an unexpected highlight for me was the Sonic-Vector dynamic, and Sonic's attitude in general, from him provoking an instant Eggman battle, their bad cop/bad cop routine to his annoyed reactions to the ridiculous pie festival and the stakeout. I really enjoyed seeing those two together as they literally never interact in the main series, despite both supposed to be in the same band a long time ago. They never even had any voiced dialogue with each other, it's typically one of them saying something and the other giving a thumbs up. Colors DS teased their dynamic a little, but I'm not sure who outlined that story. Surprisingly, their interaction this episode felt not too different from that game, with them bantering and trash-talking one another in a somewhat friendly manner.

All in all, really happy how this turned out. How ironic that an alternate-dimension Vector finally managed to become successful , respected and wealthy while underdog game Vector will never know about that and keep worrying about his bills.

3 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Also, can we talk about how tall Vector is? I can't be the only one that noticed the size difference between him and the other characters, right? Or maybe I am the only one and I'm making a huge deal outta this for no reason.

I've seen many people mention this, but he's pretty much the same size as always. Apparently some games such as the Olympics have scaled him down a little for gameplay reasons, so he might seem even more enormous sometimes. Looking at the right screenshot, what threw me off was how small even Boom Knuckles seems in comparison to him. I really thought they buffed Knuckles up about Vector's size, but their difference is extreme!

image.thumb.png.05e3a544474664fd1c7eed3c68756865.pnglatest?cb=20170910180009

4 hours ago, Potada said:

That seems to be the case with all guest characters. Sonic indicates he knows them personally while his friends don't lose a word about it. Then, when they're gone, Sonic just never mentions them ever again. I guess it's to keep them in line with the games and because they're not allowed to make up new backstories for the characters, hence Boom Knuckles being from Angel Island. Sonic probably knows all of the extended game cast in the Boomverse but we just don't know it.

Interestingly, they also didn't de-confirm Espio and Charmy's existance, and after firing his producer Vector may reunite with them for a possible Season 3 appearance. However, I don't think that will happen; for one it seems the writers all dislike the bee and more importantly, given their limited budget and options, they'll probably only be able to hire one voice actor for one new character appearance if there's a Season 3, and Keith Silverstein most likely won't return. Shadow did, but his voice actor is a regular anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I hope we get to see Vector again, during the season finale.

I could see him maybe having a feud with Tommy Thunder.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I could see him maybe having a feud with Tommy Thunder.

Vector would win, Vector isn't some phony on TV, and is a real detective, instead of just some actor. Vector isn't as selfish or star struck as Tommy Thunder, either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone noticed that the title card for ``three minutes or less" episode, has Not been posted yet. The title card is usually uploaded on Thursday, here it is Sunday and still nothing. I got to see the Chain Letter and Vector Detector episodes, both were overall pretty good episodes. I not very much of a fan of Vector, I liked Espio more, but his appearance in this episode is actually better here than in the games, he does look a little odd without his headphones though. As for the Chain Letter episode, it was pretty good, funny and shows basically how real social media is like. I'm going to go ahead and guess that Metal Sonic is going to appear in the Season 2 finale along with Shadow.

• Chuckle 1

43 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Has anyone noticed that the title card for ``three minutes or less" episode, has Not been posted yet. The title card is usually uploaded on Thursday, here it is Sunday and still nothing. I got to see the Chain Letter and Vector Detector episodes, both were overall pretty good episodes. I not very much of a fan of Vector, I liked Espio more, but his appearance in this episode is actually better here than in the games, he does look a little odd without his headphones though. As for the Chain Letter episode, it was pretty good, funny and shows basically how real social media is like. I'm going to go ahead and guess that Metal Sonic is going to appear in the Season 2 finale along with Shadow.

And maybe Vector too, or they could even throw in a surprise character like Blaze, Chaos, and/or Infinite. How about Lyric? Likely Blaze to fill out the forces of good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved Vector's detective slang talk, Sonic calling him "Leatherhead," and his eyes turning into dollar signs just like in the intro to Heroes. Also, I have to wonder if Sonic knows Vector in this universe from a previous experience...

bCHkOha.png

...in a band? Most likely not, but it'd be a really cool nod.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

9 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Has anyone noticed that the title card for ``three minutes or less" episode, has Not been posted yet. The title card is usually uploaded on Thursday, here it is Sunday and still nothing. 

Apparently the episode isn't done yet, and he does not know what the next one will be, hence no title card yet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/906908352910852097

• Thumbs Up 1

The strange thing here is Three Minutes or Less aired in France like 5 months ago. If it's not finished...just what did they show? XD

It's also the 26th episode based on production number, so it technically should be finished by now. Someone must have gotten something mixed up here.

Fun fact: Eggman's Family Vacation and Return of the Valley of Cubots (D-Fekt episode) have been pushed back to October 4th on Canal J...a week after the season finale airs.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

The strange thing here is Three Minutes or Less aired in France like 5 months ago. If it's not finished...just what did they show? XD

It's also the 26th episode based on production number, so it technically should be finished by now. Someone must have gotten something mixed up here.

Fun fact: Eggman's Family Vacation and Return of the Valley of Cubots (D-Fekt episode) have been pushed back to October 4th on Canal J...a week after the season finale airs.

That's weird. My best guess is that the voice acting isn't done yet for the English version. 

27 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

1. It didn't. They have aired "Lighting Bowlers Society" instead.
  2. They were at Cotober 4th in the first place.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Double episode thoughts time as usual!

I felt that Chain Letter was a weird episode. The premise starts off, but in the middle it starts to feel odd. It was about Eggman getting a chain letter thing to send to three friends, so he has Sonic send him a friend request to send said message, and then Eggman becomes an oversharer, causing Sonic to unfriend him, which leads to Eggman making a new social media site for everyone to use except for Sonic. While there were references to other things, (with “Scramblr” being a reference to Tumblr and “Snarkchat” being a reference to Snapchat maybe? And we got an actual political reference, Sonic mentioning a poorly written article about the Mayor’s e-mail server was a callback to the Clinton e-mail controversy.) And one or two moments, (Sonic falling off his hammock and then getting startled by the notification noises that were funny, and then Knuckles had the cutest laugh after Amy sent him something through Scramblr.)

tumblr_inline_ow492gfOYH1taxesp_500.png

Let’s not forget the neat lil doodles that serve as the character’s avatars. Nice to see those 2D stuff back after a while.

This episode still felt weird though. It was an episode that I felt bad for Sonic, him being left out of the social media party, everyone using the site (except Sticks, which makes sense, as she’s not much of a technology person). One part that made me cringe a bit was the teenage like slang and accent Eggman and the Rabbit girl were using. I think the near ending bit was what made me mark this episode as odd. Eventually this whole thing backfires on Eggman, stating his friends are digital friends who didn’t get him sugar. He does allow Sonic to get a membership through Scramblr though, for a few seconds and then unfriends him and then deletes the entire Scramblr site. The whole thing was more of a petty plan rather than an actual villanous scheme, with the weird bit of Eggman kinda getting his own way against Sonic.

But then... Vector Detector came along, and it was a pretty good episode, mostly a favourite now.

Simularities to the Hammerspaced story from the Boom comics aside, I really liked how this episode portrayed Vector, His design, and personality wise. The leather jacket and compass tattoo go really well with the chain, though it's gonna take a while to see him without his headphones.

tumblr_inline_ow254dY1DJ1taxesp_500.png

Now THAT is how you make an entrance! It was exciting to see Vector finally showing up for real this time. He’s a detective, but the whole thing is a reality TV show where he solves cases every episode. And while he’s good at his work, he doesn’t stop thinking deep until getting the case done.

Like how he realised something was wrong after Amy's hammer is found, and she calls it “one of a kind”, and gets help from Sonic to get to the bottom of this. Another interesting bit here was the interaction between Sonic and Vector. Here's Vector, explaining the plans and deductions and searching for clues. Meanwhile, we got Sonic here, zipping around Amy’s house, being impatient on how slow the case is. Despite these contrasts, they do make a neat team, that is, until they didn’t bail the Wolf Sidekick out of jail.

And of all the references to make it in this episode...

tumblr_inline_ow27jlrZIO1taxesp_500.jpg

It was the "dollar eyes" from Sonic Heroes! Suprisingly, there was no reference to the “let’s take a look at more clues!” sthick (before the 25th anniversary party was a thing). And then there was no “Find the computer room” reference, but that was fine, it may have not made sense with the context of this episode. There wasn’t a lot of jokes in this one either, just this one dialogue from Vector, “When they paid me big time TV dough-re-mi!” The expressions in this episode were nicely done once again. From Amy’s sad faces, to Sonic’s stumped face after Vector asks him for help, (or calling him Mac, maybe both.) Even Vector’s expressions were nice! The voice acting was cool too, Roger doing a good job again in making Sonic sound menacing when interrogating Dave the Intern, Keith Silvestein doing a nice job as Vector.

I think this episode briefly gave a clue on who really stole Amy’s hammer. When Vector is still pondering on the case even though it was “solved”, Dixon nervously told him to “let it go”, implying that Vector was slowly getting to him. (And here I thought it was him thinking Vector was too deep in the detective role).

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm actually shocked at how well they captured Vector's dialog. His street cracking persona can come off as completely cringe worthy if your not careful, but the Boom team seemed to be pretty good at spicing up his commentary with Vector-ism's that fit the mood and were still fun. In some cases, he even spams the colorful verbiage and it still flowed nicely. They even got "jamoke" in there. 

That might be the best speech patterns I've seen of of Vec... ever.

Kudos to the Boom team.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/906927833280282624

This makes me wonder if the contract expired for the others involved with the show, granted Denton did say a few episodes left this season but i wonder if this is a um, soft way and the show really is done after this season? I hope that isn't the case, but I'm still gonna wait for actual confirmation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

After the Three Minutes episode eventually airs, I want to know what really caused it to be held back for so long. I doubt anyone from the show will be permitted or willing to confess, but it sounds like a lot of trouble over an episode about Sonic being a delivery boy for Meh Burger.

I can't help but say the episode doesn't excite me, it's probably going to feel like Late Fees, where Sonic keeps thinking he can get stuff done real quickly, only to keep getting held back and impatient with the villagers. I have a feeling the villagers will be more obnoxious than ever. We'll probably get a bunch of scenes where the villagers are being picky, complaining at Sonic, or having Sonic waiting around forever for one of the old villagers to answer the door, and give him exact change for the food. It's probably going to be another episode full of filler, with Sonic just standing around moaning and rolling his eyes at the villagers.

I'm hoping the episode won't be too bad, but what more can be done with this cliche? We've all seen episodes where someone gets a job delivering something, and it doesn't work out in the end. (Except for "Chocolate With Nuts" from Spongebob) Maybe they will spice the episode up, by having this be some kind of scheme of Dave the Intern, to get Sonic to send out some kind of tracking devices for an attack, but who knows?

Right now, it just sounds like a simple episode, and nothing more, yet it's having some obvious struggles with getting aired. It had trouble airing in France, and is now having trouble airing in America as well.

37 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

After the Three Minutes episode eventually airs, I want to know what really caused it to be held back for so long. I doubt anyone from the show will be permitted or willing to confess, but it sounds like a lot of trouble over an episode about Sonic being a delivery boy for Meh Burger.

I can't help but say the episode doesn't excite me, it's probably going to feel like Late Fees, where Sonic keeps thinking he can get stuff done real quickly, only to keep getting held back and impatient with the villagers. I have a feeling the villagers will be more obnoxious than ever. We'll probably get a bunch of scenes where the villagers are being picky, complaining at Sonic, or having Sonic waiting around forever for one of the old villagers to answer the door, and give him exact change for the food. It's probably going to be another episode full of filler, with Sonic just standing around moaning and rolling his eyes at the villagers.

I'm hoping the episode won't be too bad, but what more can be done with this cliche? We've all seen episodes where someone gets a job delivering something, and it doesn't work out in the end. (Except for "Chocolate With Nuts" from Spongebob) Maybe they will spice the episode up, by having this be some kind of scheme of Dave the Intern, to get Sonic to send out some kind of tracking devices for an attack, but who knows?

Right now, it just sounds like a simple episode, and nothing more, yet it's having some obvious struggles with getting aired. It had trouble airing in France, and is now having trouble airing in America as well.

Well, the summary says that Eggman gets involved somehow; but you do make a point about the villagers since this honestly seems like a situation where they are at their most obnoxious. Hopefully, though, they either apologize or learn their lesson.