Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

30 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Took em long enough. They did more than the same with Dixon and Gunter(who doesn't show up that much anyway, but it was still nice), so you'd think they'd have done the same with what was intended to be a major character originally and her twin who actually had a significant role in a previous episode for once. 

Still, looking up Perci's original design, all they really did there was remove her torn vest.

latest?cb=20170710234229

They should continue by doing things like inverting her headscarf's direction and maybe the color and removing the little sheath on her hip since it's unlikely Staci'll actually have use for it unless they give those two episode showing that they both know mechanics/combat. Maybe even change her quill/hairstyle a bit to resemble the unused concepts.

latest?cb=20170710234202

I hope they do that too. Also I just realized soemthing: was Orthos supposed to be Perci's family name? 

Just now, DabigRG said:

Most likely. Orthos is a mythological creature from Greece--a two headed Cerberus, esentially.

Huh. Wonder if it would have been significant. 

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Huh. Wonder if it would have been significant. 

Who knows. It couldn't have been foreshadowing the TV show since I'm pretty sure Staci was obviously just lazy cloned model for one scene that they named and kept around for the sake of appearances.

It's also the name of a skipper butterfly.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Who knows. It couldn't have been foreshadowing the TV show since I'm pretty sure Staci was obviously just lazy cloned model for one scene that they named and kept around for the sake of appearances.

It's also the name of a skipper butterfly.

Good point.

Y'know I love Perci and I'm always kinda bummed that her role's never been big. IU really hope if there's a Third Season they upgrade her to the main cast. She has such a cool design and if done right could fit right in on Team Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Y'know I love Perci and I'm always kinda bummed that her role's never been big. IU really hope if there's a Third Season they upgrade her to the main cast. She has such a cool design and if done right could fit right in on Team Sonic.

Same here for the most part. Hopefully she at least becomes a major ally to team Sonic. Plus maybe they can develop her relationship with Staci and explore her backstory a bit more. Maybe if a third season is announce, we can ask the writers to utilize her more; of course in a polite and self-controlled manner.

• Nice Smile 1

12 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I could see her becoming a more involved character, but I doubt she’ll ever become part of the main team. It would feel too forced. It’s not common for shows to make background or side characters into main characters.

I’m surprised they never made an episode where Tails and her had to work together. The two seem to be the only villagers who know how to repair and invent things, so it’s hard to believe there never was an episode about the two teaming up to build/fix something.

Spoiler

Maybe Tails notices Perci doesn’t seem to repair or build things like she used to, and he finds out it’s because she works with her dad, who is struggling to keep their business going. The mayor is threatening to close their workshop, unless they can afford to keep the business open. Perci could beg Tails to help her, but Tails isn’t sure about this. He wants to help Perci, but he likes inventing for the love and science of doing it, not for the sake of business.

Tails ends up working with Perci to make inventions that will sell, along with making repairs for vehicles. All this business is putting too much pressure on Tails. He can’t keep up with the demands, and is starting to lose his passion for inventing. Perci feels guilty for putting Tails through this.

She apologizes for putting Tails through so much, and admits the reason why she doesn’t like to invent anymore, is because the greed and demand of business ruined it for her. She tells Tails that she doesn’t want the same to happen to him, and encourages him to leave, but keep inventing for the passion of it.

Tails thanks Perci for lifting his spirits back, but he still feels bad for Perci and her family’s situation. Perci reveals they already earned enough to keep their workshop open, and thanks Tails for making it possible.

Perci still doesn’t know what she’s going to do in the future, but Tails offers to let her use his workshop to invent for the passion of it. He tells her she can build, without having to worry about the demand of business. She thanks Tails for the offer, but declines, because she wants to find a job that can keep her family supported. Tails is amazed that Perci is willing to give up her passion, just to support her family, and wishes her luck. The episode could end with Perci finding a job, while meeting up with Tails after work, so she can invent as a hobby.

An episode like this  could serve as an interesting way of giving Perci more time to shine, along with giving an insightful look at why she isn’t shown as a mechanic anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 2

Has anybody seen the French versions of Lair on Lockdown and You and I Bee-come One, because they aired in France within the past week. Do these 2 episodes have returning characters? Also the Do Not Make Me Angry episode airs in France tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Has anybody seen the French versions of Lair on Lockdown and You and I Bee-come One, because they aired in France within the past week. Do these 2 episodes have returning characters? Also the Do Not Make Me Angry episode airs in France tomorrow.

I'd rather wait for the English broadcast. (No offense)

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I could see her becoming a more involved character, but I doubt she’ll ever become part of the main team. It would feel too forced. It’s not common for shows to make background or side characters into main characters.

I’m surprised they never made an episode where Tails and her had to work together. The two seem to be the only villagers who know how to repair and invent things, so it’s hard to believe there never was an episode about the two teaming up to build/fix something.

Maybe Tails notices Perci doesn’t seem to repair or build things like she used to, and he finds out it’s because she works with her dad, who is struggling to keep their business going. The mayor is threatening to close their workshop, unless they can afford to keep the business open. Perci could beg Tails to help her, but Tails isn’t sure about this. He wants to help Perci, but he likes inventing for the love and science of doing it, not for the sake of business.

Tails ends up working with Perci to make inventions that will sell, along with making repairs for vehicles. All this business is putting too much pressure on Tails. He can’t keep up with the demands, and is starting to lose his passion for inventing. Perci feels guilty for putting Tails through this.

She apologizes for putting Tails through so much, and admits the reason why she doesn’t like to invent anymore, is because the greed and demand of business ruined it for her. She tells Tails that she doesn’t want the same to happen to him, and encourages him to leave, but keep inventing for the passion of it.

Tails thanks Perci for lifting his spirits back, but he still feels bad for Perci and her family’s situation. Perci reveals they already earned enough to keep their workshop open, and thanks Tails for making it possible.

Perci still doesn’t know what she’s going to do in the future, but Tails offers to let her use his workshop to invent for the passion of it. He tells her she can build, without having to worry about the demand of business. She thanks Tails for the offer, but declines, because she wants to find a job that can keep her family supported. Tails is amazed that Perci is willing to give up her passion, just to support her family, and wishes her luck. The episode could end with Perci finding a job, while meeting up with Tails after work, so she can invent as a hobby.

An episode like this could could serve as an interesting way of giving Perci more time to shine, along with giving an insightful look at why she isn’t shown as a mechanic anymore. 

Dude, that's an incredible idea. You should really consider making short stories one day. That would be a nice insight into Perci's character and her family, and it would make for a heartfelt episode with her possibly being a big sister to Tails. Plus, it would be sad of greed ruined her passion for inventing especially as it's similar to how the fandom of franchises can ruin a person's interesting in the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Dude, that's an incredible idea. You should really consider making short stories one day. That would be a nice insight into Perci's character and her family, and it would make for a heartfelt episode with her possibly being a big sister to Tails. Plus, it would be sad of greed ruined her passion for inventing especially as it's similar to how the fandom of franchises can ruin a person's interesting in the franchise.

Miss Orthos could have a couple more episodes on top of that. Maybe one dedicated to the other RoL villagers?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Miss Orthos could have a couple more episodes on top of that. Maybe one dedicated to the other RoL villagers?

The ones that come to mind are Zooey, Beth and the other kids, Og, and maybe Staci. They should consider expanding the locations by showing other villages like the Wild Cat mentioned during the Robot arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

@SpongicX

You should maybe spoiler that synopsis of yours, dude.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

The ones that come to mind are Zooey, Beth and the other kids, Og, and maybe Staci. They should consider expanding the locations by showing other villages like the Wild Cat mentioned during the Robot arc.

None of them are from Rise of Lyric.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

@SpongicX

You should maybe spoiler that synopsis of yours, dude.

None of them are from Rise of Lyric.

Then maybe bring back, Cliff, QNC, Doc Ginger, and Chef Woody.

I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Ginger at least since I kinda liked her design for some reason.

I only see Chef Woody potentially showing up in another cook off episode. 

Then Cliff and especially QNC are in a really weird spot where while I'm sure they'd be nice, I have no idea how they'd actually fit.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Doc Ginger at least since I kinda liked her design for some reason.

I only see Chef Woody potentially showing up in another cook off episode. 

Then Cliff and especially QNC are in a really weird spot where while I'm sure they'd be nice, I have no idea how they'd actually fit.

You make some good points there. 

On 9/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, Jack the Rookie said:

If there is a season 3, what would you guys want to see from it? And what improvements?

On 9/19/2017 at 12:43 AM, DabigRG said:

I'll have to get back to you on this one, since background doesn't leave that much room despite the other answers.

I will say right now that Steve Eggman is one of the best new characters we've had, shockingly enough.

When in the games was this established?

More diverse storylines and character usages, to sum it up. I'll get into specifics when I'm not multiposting to old posts before bed.

Here's some character names and concepts from off the top of my head to chew on:

• Charlie the Desert Rat
  • Belinda the Not-Goat 
  • Weasel Bandits
  • Wily Walrus
  • Swifty the Shrew
  • Comedy Chimp
  • Perci the Bandicoot
  • A "good" Gogoba
  • Knuckles and Sticks
  • TW Barker with more circus elements
  • Steve Eggman/Morpho
  • More background for Sticks
  • Nominatus, Retro, and Beta
  • Fastidious Beaver with an actual role
  • W-tailed Marmoset 
  • Doc Ginger

On 9/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, DabigRG said:

Stuff about Charlie, Belinda, Weasel Bandits, Wily, Dave, and Swifty.

Wanna talk a little more on this topic now that I've had time to think.

• I noticed we haven't really seen Comedy Chimp that much recently. He might not be the most conventional Sonic character, but he really felt like he was part of the show after a while; I actually miss the guy. Though that one tweet a few pages back doesn't exactly bode well for that notion.

• Next is the obvious character that everyone seems to like for one reason or another, Perci [Orthos] the Bandicoot. Now she is a particularly tricky example of this since she was originally created as a major character for Rise of Lyric, where her family was apparently in charge of watching over and protecting the island from villains like Lyric for generations until Team Sonic showed up(with Eggman and Metal in tow) and freed him; she was even apparently gonna be playable at one point if an <strike>unused</strike> line from Amy is any indication. And for a good while, she was one of the only characters to show up in the show proper as a background character. 
  • Now I'm gonna be honest: I think part of the reason they've been so dodgy about using her character throughout the essentially-3-in-2-seasons is precisely because of her connections to that game. It's telling that even though she was a significant feature in Fire in a Crowded Workshop, very little of it actually represented her properly due to the Rashomon-like setup and instead most of her screentime is in Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy's biased/exaggerated views of her. And considering the show barely even acknowledges (let alone syncs up with) that particular game, right down to Lyric himself being very absent(possibly due to some weird red tape) despite the Ancients being brought up on occasion, that likely takes away a major aspect behind her character's original purpose(s). It's also worth noting that much like Shadow and especially Lyric himself,  she's a bit out of theme/place in a primarily snarky and lampshading comedy show with some action-adventure elements on the side.
  • So while I wouldn't mind the show getting more mileage out of one of the [comparatively] more notable and popular characters from Rise of Lyric, I don't just see much happening with her either way.

• Another odd little thing I think would be a little neat is if the show got a little more mileage out of the Gogobas. Much like the Weasel Bandits, The Chief has thus far shown up repeatedly in Hedgehog Village despite being, you know, the Chief and being a character that originally resided outside of the usual setting; meanwhile, the actual Tribes-Chinchillas(who incidentally look nothing like Thunderbolt) haven't been seen much at all. At the very least, I think it would be neat if they introduced another distinct Gogoba character to use on occasion. And with Mr. Ian Flynn's Og in mind, this one could perhaps be the Black Sheep of the Village: either simply being less of a downer/complainer than the others or even being a straightforward jerk.

• And unless I'm forgetting something(which at this point is admittedly easy to do), I don't think we've had a Knuckles and Sticks episode yet--in fact, their dynamic is something I can't really say I know off the top of my head. One of the things I really liked about Sticks is that she kinda feels like she was partly designed/written to have some sort of contrast with each of the Sega characters while still very much being her own thing for the Boom series to have fun with. In this case, her feral origins and paranoid assertions seem like it could make for a hilarious/awesome combo with Knuckles own origins and somewhat gullible nature; and while I realize Boom!Knuckles is different enough from the main series version to make this dynamic a little skewed, he's also debatably the most recognizable/popular and hilarious of the main cast. So it's really odd that I don't recall them interacting that much.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

You make some good points there. 

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Now I'm gonna be honest: I think part of the reason they've been so dodgy about using her character throughout the essentially-3-in-2-seasons is precisely because of her connections to that game. It's telling that even though she was a significant feature in Fire in a Crowded Workshop, very little of it actually represented her properly due to the Rashomon-like setup and instead most of her screentime is in Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy's biased/exaggerated views of her. And considering the show barely even acknowledges (let alone syncs up with) that particular game, right down to Lyric himself being very absent(possibly due to some weird red tape) despite the Ancients being brought up on occasion, that likely takes away a major aspect behind her character's original purpose(s). It's also worth noting that much like Shadow and especially Lyric himself,  she's a bit out of theme/place in a primarily snarky and lampshading comedy show with some action-adventure elements on the side.

You actually make good points there especially about Fire in a Crowded Workshop. That's one of the reasons why I would like the series to be more serious so that Perci wouldn't be so out-of-place and she could be used more. Comedy Chimp is a character I'm neutral towards so I can't really say I'm too upset. Also, it would be kind of nice to introduce a likable Gogoba. Maybe have him/her end up trying to lead the tribe to a better lifestyle filled with compassion to other.

37 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
  • And unless I'm forgetting something(which at this point is admittedly easy to do), I don't think we've had a Knuckles and Sticks episode yet--in fact, their dynamic is something I can't really say I know off the top of my head. One of the things I really liked about Sticks is that she kinda feels like she was partly designed/written to have some sort of contrast with each of the Sega characters while still very much being her own thing for the Boom series to have fun with. In this case, her feral origins and paranoid assertions seem like it could make for a hilarious/awesome combo with Knuckles own origins and somewhat gullible nature; and while I realize Boom!Knuckles is different enough from the main series version to make this dynamic a little skewed, he's also debatably the most recognizable/popular and hilarious of the main cast. So it's really odd that I don't recall them interacting that much.

To be honest, I tend to ship those two because they have an interesting possible dynamic. I'm hoping they experiment with different main duos in future episodes because it seems like it's either Sonic and the boys or Amy and Sticks. I kind of would like to see them put Tails and Amy, Sonic and Amy, or Knuckles and Sticks in the limelight.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

You actually make good points there. That's one of the reasons why I would like the series to be more serious so that Perci wouldn't be so out-of-place and she could be used more.

Really, I think more serious episodes every once in a while would do well enough. They shouldn't have to change the entire show just to make one minor character they don't seem to invested in work.

29 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Comedy Chimp is a character I'm neutral towards.

Relevent/Segueway? :lol: 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Really, I think more serious episodes every once in a while would do well enough. They shouldn't have to change the entire show just to make one minor character they don't seem to invested in work.

Relevent/Segueway? :lol: 

Okay, maybe that might be better instead of retooling the whole episode. I just feel like at times the show tries way too hard to be funny and sacrifices chances to be more than a comedy for childish jokes.

I don't know why, but Comedy Chimp never really stuck to me as a character; maybe it's because of his design and voice. I always felt he looked odd.

Didn't catch these before you editted:

45 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Also, it would be kind of nice to introduce a likable Gogoba. Maybe have him/her end up trying to lead the tribe to a better lifestyle filled with compassion to other.

To be honest, I tend to ship those two because they have an interesting possible dynamic. I'm hoping they experiment with different main duos in future episodes because it seems like it's either Sonic and the boys or Amy and Sticks. I kind of would like to see them put Tails and Amy, Sonic and Amy, or Knuckles and Sticks in the limelight.

Not exactly what I meant, but sure. 

Ship who?