Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, RedFox99 said:

It makes you wonder what would've happened if they left BRB alone when they were developing ROL.

First off, it'd be Sonic's first game on PS4 and XB1. Second, the game would run fine, because it's on systems that actually support the engine.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

First off, it'd be Sonic's first game on PS4 and XB1. Second, the game would run fine, because it's on systems that actually support the engine.

Yeah, it's sad how one deal messed up the sub-franchise. I mean Fire and Ice did well and the comics were fairly popular but hopefully Sega changes their minds about the Boom franchise. What's strange is that it seems like only the US and Australia get the brunt of Boom's mishandlement.

46 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

In my country, downloading shows and movies is illegal, and shouldn't be done. But streaming them online is a-okay. Sooo... Hooray Australia...?

Sonic Boom only plays on one channel in this country (and not even on the Cartoon Network channels!), and it's constant season 1 reruns. Fuck that, watch all the new season 2 episodes online. It's oddly legal, and these channels aren't gonna get my views by not showing what I want, so anything goes.

Sonic Boom is dying a slow death, and it sucks, because the sub-franchise had potential that was destroyed thanks to SEGA's meddling with the games.

Streaming online is technically the same as illegally downloading clips. Someone still illegally uploaded the episodes, and they are still stealing views from the workers behind the show, and giving it away to  people who are willing to watch it from a non official source. You're still watching it from an unauthorized source, and are technically stealing from Sega, and whatever company is in charge of airing the show for your region. Just because it's not a physical possession, doesn't make it ok to take and release it in it's entirety online, it can really damage the business of hard workers to screw them over like that.

People can try sugar coating it all they want, but if you aren't paying a fee that goes to the owners and makers, or licensors of shows, then you are stealing. It doesn't matter how poorly the makers or networks treat it, it's still stealing and hurting the show more, to keep watching a show with no financial support to keep it going. If Sonic Boom gets cancelled, we have only Sega and ourselves to blame.

• Nice Smile 1

11 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Streaming online is technically the same as illegally downloading clips. Someone still illegally uploaded the episodes, and they are still stealing views from the workers behind the show, and giving it away to  people who are willing to watch it from a non official source. You're still watching it from an unauthorized source, and are technically stealing from Sega, and whatever company is in charge of airing the show for your region. Just because it's not a physical possession, doesn't make it ok to take and release it in it's entirety online, it can really damage the business of hard workers to screw them over like that.

People can try sugar coating it all they want, but if you aren't paying a fee that goes to the owners and makers, or licensors of shows, then you are stealing. It doesn't matter how poorly the makers or networks treat it, it's still stealing and hurting the show more, to keep watching a show with no financial support to keep it going. If Sonic Boom gets cancelled, we have only Sega and ourselves to blame.

Hey, I'd support the show if I could, but there's only so many reruns I can watch at 6am in the morning before going "I've had enough of this".

It's actually a real loophole in my country's laws that streaming isn't illegal, which is confusing. I'm well aware this doesn't support the show, but what am I to do?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Hey, I'd support the show if I could, but there's only so many reruns I can watch at 6am in the morning before going "I've had enough of this".

It's actually a real loophole in my country's laws that streaming isn't illegal, which is confusing. I'm well aware this doesn't support the show, but what am I to do?

I appreciate that you wish you could. 

• Thumbs Up 2

it's sad that i literally can't support this show, BOOM stopped to air here mid season 1 (and it's incomplete in netflix, so dubbing the remaining episodes doesn't seem to be on the plans), i wish i could officialy support the show but i have no other choice, this makes me sad, really, if the show get a DVD release like "the complete first season" (and one for the second season too please) i'll try to import it somehow, but until then...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

17 hours ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

They sometimes take like about a few hours to appear on the Sharing Boom Google Document on Saturday. But as of now, it's been 2 days.

Yeah. I can't stand waiting another day/week/month for the TV rip. It's not fair on us having to wait even longer.

32 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Yeah. I can't stand waiting another day/week/month for the TV rip. It's not fair on us having to wait even longer.

Think how bad it is for those who actually pay to watch the show. Some of us are paying to watch it, yet are stuck getting low quality versions, and only get one new  11 minute episode per week. Meanwhile, France is going to rush the remaining episodes by the end of the month, while taking until November just for America to air the last episode.

If you're not paying to watch and support the show, then what do you have to complain about? I can understand how upsetting it is to have  Sega make it impossible for those who are willing to pay to watch it, yet can't, but if you're complaining about how long it's taking to illegally steal views from the show, then that's just wrong.

Whether you're paying to watch it, or illegally watching it, both Sega and the audience are getting screwed over...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

Think how bad it is for those who actually pay to watch the show. Some of us are paying to watch it, yet are stuck getting low quality versions, and only get one new  11 minute episode per week. Meanwhile, France is going to rush the remaining episodes by the end of the month, while taking until November just for America to air the last episode.

If you're not paying to watch and support the show, then what do you have to complain about? I can understand how upsetting it is to have  Sega make it impossible for thosewho are willing to pay to watch it, yet can't, but if you're complaining about how long it's taking to illegally steal views from the show, then that's just wrong.

Whether you're paying to watch it, or illegally watching it, both Sega and the audience are getting screwed over...

I download them via the document.

I have a proposal, let's unite and ask Aaron Webber on twitter if/when he has news about the show coming to Netflix. If he sees more people interested in the show, he may give us something.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Not even one hundred thousand in the ratings. That is pretty sad. And it shows how much impact RoL has to this day. 

Memento Mori. 

On some week's, it went past 100k.

4 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

It's not that everyone doesn't want to watch Sonic Boom because of Rise of Lyric it's that Boomerang is a limited reach channel meaning not a lot of people have access to it therefore the ratings are like that

I understand how many hated the gameplay, but I still don't understand why many think poorly of the actual story and cutscenes. In a way, I kind of wish the actual show was more like Rise of Lyric's cutscenes. It seemed like a drastic leap to see Rise of Lyric have a mixture of action and comedy. The game had some dark tones with it's visuals, music, and villains. It's strange to have all of that absent in the actual show it's based on.

Rise of Lyric wasn't perfect, but I didn't think it was as terrible as people make it out to be. I actually liked Lyric, and don't understand why many think he's the worst villain in gaming history. I liked his design, and voice. He even had a motivation for why he's doing his evil deeds, not even Eggman, or the Deadly Six had motivations for why they're evil, Boom Shadow especially had no good reason for being such a jerk, besides forced nostalgia.

The gameplay may have been flawed or lacking, but was the story really that bad? There were actually a few moments in Rise of Lyric that made me smile and laugh. I liked how it presented itself as an action adventure comedy, yet the actual show kind of pales in comparison to all Sonic and pals have seen and done in Rise of Lyric, we even see how they found Bygone Island and what later became Hedgehog Village. It's strange how 1 video game had more locations and progression than 104 episodes across 2 seasons of a tv show.

The actual show can make the village and villagers a bit boring at times, that I can't help but look back at Rise of Lyric and question "why did they stay on this awful island?" The game made it clear that they only went to that island to find more crystals and stop Lyric, but why did they decide to stay on such a disrespectful place? It makes me wish they would ditch those ungrateful villagers and head back to wherever they lived before.

That might even make out for a good episode, they should make an episode where the gang is fed up with the island, and they start missing their old homes. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy figure if they leave, then Eggman will likely follow them back home, and leave the village alone. Sticks could beg them not to leave her, and to take her with them, but the gang tells Sticks to stay behind and look after the village. That could offer some pretty emotional moments.

As soon as Sonic and pals leave the island, Eggman ignores Sonic and takes over the island for himself. Sticks contacts the gang through their communicators and informs them how Eggman is taking over. The gang will have no choice but to head back and stay in the village to protect the island from Eggman.

Not only would an episode like that help give a good call back to how the gang used to go on bigger adventures, but it could give some character development and give a better reason for why Sonic and pals are still staying on that island. It would also be interesting to see how Sticks would respond to finding out her first and only friends are moving away, and how happy she would be to see them return in the end. Something like this might work for a 2 part special.

• Nice Smile 2

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I understand how many hated the gameplay, but I still don't understand why many think poorly of the actual story and cutscenes. In a way, I kind of wish the actual show was more like Rise of Lyric's cutscenes. It seemed like a drastic leap to see Rise of Lyric have a mixture of action and comedy. The game had some dark tones with it's visuals, music, and villains. It's strange to have all of that absent in the actual show it's based on.

Rise of Lyric wasn't perfect, but I didn't think it was as terrible as people make it out to be. I actually liked Lyric, and don't understand why many think he's the worst villain in gaming history. I liked his design, and voice. He even had a motivation for why he's doing his evil deeds, not even Eggman, or the Deadly Six had motivations for why they're evil, Boom Shadow especially had no good reason for being such a jerk, besides forced nostalgia.

The gameplay may have been flawed or lacking, but was the story really that bad? There were actually a few moments in Rise of Lyric that made me smile and laugh. I liked how it presented itself as an action adventure comedy, yet the actual show kind of pales in comparison to all Sonic and pals have seen and done in Rise of Lyric, we even see how they found Bygone Island and what later became Hedgehog Village. It's strange how 1 video game had more locations and progression than 104 episodes across 2 seasons of a tv show.

The actual show can make the village and villagers a bit boring at times, that I can't help but look back at Rise of Lyric and question "why did they stay on this awful island?" The game made it clear that they only went to that island to find more crystals and stop Lyric, but why did they decide to stay on such a disrespectful place? It makes me wish they would ditch those ungrateful villagers and head back to wherever they lived before.

That might even make out for a good episode, they should make an episode where the gang is fed up with the island, and they start missing their old homes. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy figure if they leave, then Eggman will likely follow them back home, and leave the village alone. Sticks could beg them not to leave her, and to take her with them, but the gang tells Sticks to stay behind and look after the village. That could offer some pretty emotional moments.

As soon as Sonic and pals leave the island, Eggman ignores Sonic and takes over the island for himself. Sticks contacts the gang through their communicators and informs them how Eggman is taking over. The gang will have no choice but to head back and stay in the village to protect the island from Eggman.

Not only would an episode like that help give a good call back to how the gang used to go on bigger adventures, but it could give some character development and give a better reason for why Sonic and pals are still staying on that island. It would also be interesting to see how Sticks would respond to finding out her first and only friends are moving away, and how happy she would be to see them return in the end. Something like this might work for a 2 part special.

Honestly, I could imagine Tails only saving the village for Zooey. I wonder how she would respond in that scenario. Anyways, I think the writers should consider that idea. I hope if there is a Season 3, they do more location-building and have it be a little more like ROL's tone.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Honestly, I could imagine Tails only saving the village for Zooey. I wonder how she would respond in that scenario. Anyways, I think the writers should consider that idea. I hope if there is a Season 3, they do more location-building and have it be a little more like ROL's tones.

It could possibly work as a season/series finale.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, SpongicX said:

It could possibly work as a season/series finale.

Yeah, plus maybe Eggman could call out the villagers by telling them how they had driven away from the people that help them out. Maybe something like, "I may be the villain but how are you people horrible!"

That's the biggest thing that I have against the show is that it doesn't do much development for either the location or the characters. Though you can tell that the people don't have much to work with. 

EDIT

Last week's ratings:

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/09/06/sonic-boom-tv-ratings-season-2-week-43/

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Recognize this? According to the French synopsis of the Season 2 finale, Dark Sonic MIGHT make a surprise return.

Image result for sonic boom season 2 canal j

I wonder how that would work.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I wonder how that would work.

I read the synopsis on the Telemagazyn website, and the synopsis says: "Sonic et ses amis doivent battre leurs pires ennemis pour sauver l'univers de la destruction." English translation: "Sonic and his friends must beat their worst enemies to save the universe from destruction."

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Geraint Lewis said:

I read the synopsis on the Telemagazyn website, and the synopsis says: "Sonic et ses amis doivent battre leurs pires ennemis pour sauver l'univers de la destruction." English translation: "Sonic and his friends must beat their worst enemies to save the universe from destruction."

That's something I don't get: how does a video game lead to the destruction of the universe? I mean, we're assuming th steam gets trapped in a video game.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

That's something I don't get: how does a video game lead to the destruction of the universe? I mean, we're assuming th steam gets trapped in a video game.

Something like that happened in "Let's Play Musical Friends", didn't it?

15 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Something like that happened in "Let's Play Musical Friends", didn't it?

I never actually watched that episode.