Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

23 minutes ago, A Hyper KING heavy engine said:

No "lets take a look at more clues" reference in today's sonic boom episode. I am dissapoint.

plus: I miss vector's headphones.

Surprisingly, there weren't a whole lot of references to other detective shows or icons, like Scooby Doo, and Sherlock Holmes. It had detective tropes and cliches, but not a whole lot of jokes or parody moments.

There was that funny moment where Sonic gets bored during a stake out, and mentions how he was hoping this would be more like in TV shows, where the characters say about 2 lines, followed by the guy they're looking for finally coming out. Vector points out how the way it works in real life is different, followed by Justin Beaver finally sneaking out of his house. That was a pretty funny moment.

They had more detective tropes used instead of detective jokes though. We had the cliche of a suspect sneaking out for a book club, and a sidekick being framed by someone who  was shown throughout the episode. 

The real culprit was still a decent surprise. Before this episode came out, I wondered if Vector would have been the one responsible for taking Amy's hammer, because he was actually part of a tv show that made him do it. I was surprisingly right about Vector being a part of a show, with the producer being responsible for stealing the hammer, but I was wrong about Vector being a part of it. Even after predicting it, I was still surprised to find out the producer was the one behind it all, and I liked how Vector was able to realize it, and get Sonic and Amy to expose and capture the producer for his crimes.

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, A Hyper KING heavy engine said:

I'm so glad that they written vector to be competent tho.

It also shows how kind and passionate Vector can be about being a detective. Earlier in the episode, he pointed out how he was willing to have his cases be televised to earn more money, yet  he was willing to give it up, by exposing his producer for the crook he was.

Vector cares more about being a real detective, instead of getting paid more to be a fake detective. It shows that Vector truely does care more about being a detective for the justice of it, instead of just getting rewarded for fooling people into thinking he solved a case. This episode didn't have to preach the message to the audience either, you could tell just by Vector's responses and actions.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, A Hyper KING heavy engine said:

A calm before the storm of the finale if it does feature Shadow as an antagonist again.

4 hours ago, Dannymax440 said:

A calm before the storm of the finale if it does feature Shadow as an antagonist again.

Which I'm sure I'll love, Shadow being villainous.

By the way, good episode, I like how it felt like a real detective case, though I didn't laugh much compared to last week.

Just now, RLS Legacy said:

denton.thumb.jpg.3945f584ac787a89c6d983a049170a14.jpg

Oh.

Ohohoho.

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

Now we're cooking with gas.

I can't wait to see what they've got in store for season three (if it truly is set in stone).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jack the Rookie said:

If there is a season 3, what would you guys want to see from it? And what improvements?

I would like to see Perci and Zooey get more focus than being background characters. Maybe introduce more likable villagers and maybe have the episodes be 22 minutes instead.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Well they've got Vector, may as well go the whole hog...

But I think there's one guy that has tons of potential in the Boom universe, so long as Froggy doesn't get camera shy and run off again. :P

10 hours ago, A Hyper KING heavy engine said:

Yeah, I'll give credit the show's actually stuck pretty loyally to his bios for Sonic Heroes and the likes (besides being down and out, though how much he thrives off TV moola still gives some vibes to that). They just need to fine tune the dynamic and stories so his personality shines a bit more. Bringing in his ragtag co detectives might be helpful to that.

Then again, even Knuckles, despite being written as a self aware idiot, isn't an incompetent hero per se.

One thing though. If Boom DOES get a third season, it will likely officially be the longest running Sonic cartoon so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

If Season 3 really is a thing, then that's neat!

Although Bill Freiberger says he wont be involved with Sonic Boom once season 2 is done. (Scroll up for the conversation)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/906665661966909442

That only reinforces the idea that Season 3 is happening. I hope Sam Freiberger stays though, he is a fan and wrote some great episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

If Season 3 really is a thing, then that's neat!

Although Bill Freiberger says he wont be involved with Sonic Boom once season 2 is done. (Scroll up for the conversation)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/906665661966909442

It doesn't bother me too much, maybe the show could use a few changes for the better. However, this would mean Comedy Chimp and a few others would have to be scrapped or get a new voice, unless Bill decides to stick around for just voice acting.

• Nice Smile 1

7 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It doesn't bother me too much, maybe the show could use a few changes for the better. However, this would mean Comedy Chimp and a few others would have to be scrapped or get a new voice, unless Bill decides to stick around for just voice acting.

Would we lose much from him and Lady Walrus leaving or getting new voices? And maybe the show might do better with less emphasise on comedy on more on emotion, character, and plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I wonder what the new executive producer would change. 

"Sonic boom is now a show about cooking, we felt that this would really mesh well with our demographic" 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Would we lose much from him and Lady Walrus leaving or getting new voices? And maybe the show might do better with less emphasise on comedy on more on emotion, character, and plot.

Let's just hope Sega won't prevent the show from having a little development, afterall, there were a few episodes with some heart warming and emotional moments, like The Sidekick, Translate This, Beyond the Valley of Cubots, Robots From The Sky, The Unnamed Episode, and Give Bees A Chance. Sonic Boom has had episodes that mix humor with more emotional moments, and it is what helped make those episodes a little more special for some.

I personally love shows and movies that know how to make viewers laugh, and/or feel other powerful emotions. Most of my favorite Sonic Boom episodes are not only funny, but are more memorable for offering more than just a few laughs. There are even a few episodes I love that didn't make me laugh, but the story and actions were good enough on their own. 

For instance, I didn't think Blackout or Return Of The Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom were too funny, but they were still very enjoyable episodes, just for it's bigger focus on adventure and action. Those episodes showed things we haven't seen in the show yet, like the gang exploring a freezing land, just to find an energy source inside a temple, or seeing an Indiana Jones tribute that suddenly turns into a mech fight battle between Sonic and Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Shadowlax said:

"Sonic boom is now a show about cooking, we felt that this would really mesh well with our demographic" 

A cooking show, eh? Maybe with some guest stars like Perci the Bandicoot, Zooey the Vixen, Cliff the Archeologist, and more. 

In all seriousness though the direction of the show will change depending on what they want to do. And as self explanatory as that sounds, it isn't exactly that simple, they have a few options and places to go. Considering they could technically speaking re-brand boom with minimal if not no backlash at all. Wanna make new games, sure the old games were shitty.Wanna make the show a bit more action-ey. Go ahead its only been two seasons, the show can change up. 

there's a lot of room to grow or to do whatever they want, if they have the money to do such things

Or you all could be reading into this twitter exchange too much and the show is canceled. Or that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

In all seriousness though the direction of the show will change depending on what they want to do. And as self explanatory as that sounds, it isn't exactly that simple, they have a few options and places to go. Considering they could technically speaking re-brand boom with minimal if not no backlash at all. Wanna make new games, sure the old games were shitty.Wanna make the show a bit more action-ey. Go ahead its only been two seasons, the show can change up. 

there's a lot of room to grow or to do whatever they want, if they have the money to do such things

Or you all could be reading into this twitter exchange too much and the show is canceled. Or that. 

We tend to read too much into stuff. Anyway, I agree that some rebranding might do the sub-series some good.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jack the Rookie said:

If there is a season 3, what would you guys want to see from it? And what improvements?

1. The rest of the RoL and Boom comic characters. I wonder how they'd re-write them.

2. More competent villains other than just Shadow.

3. Keep track of their overarching storylines! Don't suddenly ditch them! 

4. Acknowledge Worlds Unite in some way. 

5. More four-parter episodes. 

6. Get some more past Sonic writers in. I think Pontaff would fit perfectly, and why don't we call in Lew Stringer as well? How about Aleah Baker? Michael Gallhager? Angelo Descarte? 

7. Pony up to get in certain Archie characters for use. 

8. BLAZE.

9. More limelight on Perci. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

1. The rest of the RoL and Boom comic characters. I wonder how they'd re-write them.

2. More competent villains other than just Shadow.

3. Keep track of their overarching storylines! Don't suddenly ditch them! 

4. Acknowledge Worlds Unite in some way. 

5. More four-parter episodes. 

6. Get some more past Sonic writers in. I think Pontaff would fit perfectly, and why don't we call in Lew Stringer as well? How about Aleah Baker? Michael Gallhager? Angelo Descarte? 

7. Pony up to get in certain Archie characters for use. 

8. BLAZE.

9. More limelight on Perci. 

But keep that old jellyfish couple out, those characters were just plain annoying, and creepy looking.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting any characters from the comics though. I wouldn't mind seeing Blaze brought in though. I honestly don't know how they would  portray her, but I'd still love to see them try. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree about having new villains who are competent, most of the rogue gallery is made up of clowns as Shadow said. Worlds Unite will never be acknowledged, there isn't much to say anyway since only Sticks remembers it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

15 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I agree about having new villains who are competent, most of the rogue gallery is made up of clowns as Shadow said. Worlds Unite will never be acknowledged, there isn't much to say anyway since only Sticks remembers it.

Since only Sticks remembers it, we could have her mention it. And everyone else doesn't believe her. There's our reference.

• Thumbs Up 1