Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Well I enjoyed the episode. Vector as basically Dog the Bounty Hunter was a delight and I kinda loved him and Sonic Butting heads. I am kinda curious about how Team Sonic knows Vector at all though since they talk to him like he's a buddy.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, any news on what episode will air this Saturday? Sling TV still has "Three Minutes Or Less" listed. I sure hope they air some other new episode, instead of just settling for reruns without informing us ahead of time.

I wonder what's going to happen in France? France is set to air the remaining episodes by the end of the month, yet the episode might have trouble airing there as well. It might feel anti climatic to have a two part finale, followed by a late episode to air weeks or months later. Regardless of being a late episode, it would still be strange to see that be the last episode to air, especially if the episode wasn't worth the wait.

This episode sounds like it's having too many problems, so hopefully it's worth the wait. This is the first known episode of the series, where one of the workers had to flat out say "it's not ready yet" This may be why certain episodes came out looking a bit off in the lighting, like the episodes Multi Tails, and Friendbot. Those may have been episodes that faced problems, and the animators/editors must have rushed those episodes, instead of taking their time to correctly apply proper lighting onto them.

The racing episode was clearly a late episode, and it also had the lower quality lighting and shading. Maybe they decided to go ahead and properly render the "Three Minutes" episode, which is why it's taking longer to make? It's funny how this season has had some rough bumps in terms of lighting and shading, but this season still feels like an improvement, animation wise. Many episodes this season felt less stiff than season 1, and more fluid. Even the low rendered episodes have very fluid motions and occasional zany expressions.

24 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

So, any news on what episode will air this Saturday? Sling TV still has "Three Minutes Or Less" listed. I sure hope they air some other new episode, instead of just settling for reruns without informing us ahead of time.

I wonder what's going to happen in France? France is set to air the remaining episodes by the end of the month, yet the episode might have trouble airing there as well. It might feel anti climatic to have a two part finale, followed by a late episode to air weeks or months later. Regardless of being a late episode, it would still be strange to see that be the last episode to air, especially if the episode wasn't worth the wait.

This episode sounds like it's having too many problems, so hopefully it's worth the wait. This is the first known episode of the series, where one of the workers had to flat out say "it's not ready yet" This may be why certain episodes came out looking a bit off in the lighting, like the episodes Multi Tails, and Friendbot. Those may have been episodes that faced problems, and the animators/editors must have rushed those episodes, instead of taking their time to correctly apply proper lighting onto them.

The racing episode was clearly a late episode, and it also had the lower quality lighting and shading. Maybe they decided to go ahead and properly render the "Three Minutes" episode, which is why it's taking longer to make? It's funny how this season has had some rough bumps in terms of lighting and shading, but this season still feels like an improvement, animation wise. Many episodes this season felt less stiff than season 1, and more fluid. Even the low rendered episodes have very fluid motions and occasional zany expressions.

There won't be any new episodes this week. The Offical stream said so.

42 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Crap... Now it's going to take even longer for the US to get the season finale... Still, it's impressive the season made it this far without a hiatus, until now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Could be why the French Wikipedia page of Sonic Boom episodes had the Season Finale (Eggman The video Game Part 2) airing on Boomerang a week later than expected. Which would place it in the same week as the release of Sonic Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Could be why the French Wikipedia page of Sonic Boom episodes had the Season Finale (Eggman The video Game Part 2) airing on Boomerang a week later than expected. Which would place it in the same week as the release of Sonic Forces.

Huh, interesting to know. But I thought it was airing this month in France? Sonic Forces doesn't come out until early November, not October. If the French version of the finale was pushed back to early October, Sonic Forces wouldn't be out by then.

29 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Huh, interesting to know. But I thought it was airing this month in France? Sonic Forces doesn't come out until early November, not October. If the French version of the finale was pushed back to early October, Sonic Forces wouldn't be out by then.

Technically the Season finale for North America would've aired on Boomerang on November 4th, now that no episode airing this week would put it back a week late on November 11th. Sonic Forces releases on November 7th. There are 8 episodes left and 1 per Saturday until then, not counting this Saturday, would land on the same week of Sonic Forces' release. Yes, the episode is airing in France later this month or pushed back to October, but that's France Not North America. Who knows maybe Sonic Forces can be good advertising for the 2-part finale, after all the first part airs on November 4th, while the second part airs on the 11th and right in the middle is the release of Sonic Forces.

Since the next two episodes of Sonic Boom Season 2 are postponed due to production issues, what else is the there to do?

Here's the answer:

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Since the next two episodes of Sonic Boom Season 2 are postponed due to production issues, what else is the there to do?

Here's the answer:

giphy.gif

Let's talk about headcanons and fan theories then. Do you have any? I have one a out why Dave's mom wants him to be a villain: she probably blames the death of her husband because of the "negligence" of some other heroes.

3 hours ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Here's the answer:

giphy.gif

How do you know if next weeks episode is postponed like this week? Does that mean next week we're not getting an episode either? I heard in the most recent stream that no new episode is premiering this week, nothing about next week.

10 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Let's talk about headcanons and fan theories then. Do you have any? I have one a out why Dave's mom wants him to be a villain: she probably blames the death of her husband because of the "negligence" of some other heroes.

Wow, that might be a bit too dark and out of league for the type of show Sonic Boom is. I could see it more as she's evil, just because. Also, we don't know if Dave's dad is dead or not.

Most villains in Sonic Boom are evil for the sake of it, instead of having a motivation for it. Charlie is the only character who possibly had motivation for being evil.

For all we know, Dave's dad might be so evil, he was willing to leave his own wife and kid, just to show how evil he is. Maybe Dave's mom is ironically impressed with how evil her husband is, to the point where she looks at Dave and wonders "Why can't you be evil like that?" Dave's mom is obviously a sick minded person, so would it really surprise anyone if her husband just left her and Dave, only to impress her because of it? Sonic Boom does lean toward ironic and nonsensical humor, so it wouldn't feel too out of place.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

How do you know if next weeks episode is postponed like this week? Does that mean next week we're not getting an episode either? I heard in the most recent stream that no new episode is premiering this week, nothing about next week.

I read the wiki.

So, now the season finale will air the week after Sonic Forces releases. The air date for the finale should be November 18th. Also CN is attending Mipcom/Mipjunior this year in France on October 14th-16th , so this could mean news on Sonic Boom's continuation with season 3 or cancellation after season 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just checked the TV Listings on U-Verse, and now "Three Minutes or Less" has been pushed forward to Saturday 30 September. So, we can have a good two weeks off from a new episode. Until then, why not relive the story of Season 2 so far?

4 hours ago, Geraint Lewis said:

I just checked the TV Listings on U-Verse, and now "Three Minutes or Less" has been pushed forward to Saturday 30 September. So, we can have a good two weeks off from a new episode. Until then, why not relive the story of Season 2 so far?

I don't know, Geraint. Even though, you are awesome, I still don't freaking understand if that's going to happen in September 30th. We'll have to see if Bill Freiberger can get the title card of that episode on the 21st of September of not.

It's a good thing the Vector episode didn't show us the image of someone eating their pie from the middle (still getting flashbacks of that infamous pie scene. Shudder). I wish it had shown us what the director did while Vector and Sonic were explaining what happened, though.

19 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

. I wish it had shown us what the director did while Vector and

Admittedly, it was nice how it was foreshadowed that Dixon was the culprit and it actually made sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

I don't know, Geraint. Even though, you are awesome, I still don't freaking understand if that's going to happen in September 30th. We'll have to see if Bill Freiberger can get the title card of that episode on the 21st of September of not.

...There's only one way to find out. Providing he'll reveal the title card for it.

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Wait is Boom not on tonight? My Dish schedule says it is. 

Sonic Boom is on tonight, but not a new one, just a rerun of Vector Detector, according to the Sonic Wikia page. Also, with the Mipcom event coming up,I forgot to mention in my last post that the whole Mipcom/Mipjunior event runs from October 14th-19th. Hopefully, we'll find out something new about the future of Sonic Boom. Speaking of Mipcom 2017, the new global distributer for Skylanders Academy is 41 Entertainment and they will be representing the show this however will lead to airings on both pay TV and free TV, possible DVD releases. Also with Sonic Boom compared to Skylanders Academy which is better in your opinions?

Normally, this is where I'd give my thoughts on this week's new episode, but it's true, there was no new episode today. They just showed a rerun of Vector Detector. I stuck around and watched it anyways, just to support the show, plus, I liked that episode anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Normally, this is where I'd give my thoughts on this week's new episode, but it's true, there was no new episode today. They just showed a rerun of Vector Detector. I stuck around and watched it anyways, just to support the show, plus, I liked that episode anyways.

What were your favorite parts?

Part of me is glad that there was no new episode because I normal get worried about hearing what other's thought of it, especially since I can't watch them now.

9 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What were your favorite parts?

Part of me is glad that there was no new episode because I normal get worried about hearing what other's thought of it, especially since I can't watch them now.

Kind of a bummer for me, since I'm mostly paying for Sling TV, just to watch Sonic Boom, so it feels like I wasted a month's worth of money, just to not be able to watch anything. I understand that there's nothing anyone can do about it though.

I guess my favorite parts from Vector Detector include Vector's entrance, interrogating Dave, the stakeout bit, and Sonic getting jealous when Amy hugged Vector for finding her hammer.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Kind of a bummer for me, since I'm mostly paying for Sling TV, just to watch Sonic Boom, so it feels like I wasted a month's worth of money, just to not be able to watch anything. I understand that there's nothing anyone can do about it though.

I guess my favorite parts from Vector Detector include Vector's entrance, interrogating Dave, the stakeout bit, and Sonic getting jealous when Amy hugged Vector for finding her hammer.

I feel ya. Honestly, Amy's squee was something.