Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

18 minutes ago, King of SSMB, King Dedede! said:

Good?

I mean it wasn't the worst story but it wasn't that good either lol.

It definitely didn't feel like a well-developed one.

The Sonic Tumblr, as usual, has screenshots for this week's new Sonic Boom episode, "Vector Detector":

tumblr_ovzhxt56Xy1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ovzhxt56Xy1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ovzhxt56Xy1u5cb23o3_1280.png

"Someone has stolen Amy’s hammer. When a mystery needs to be solved, there’s only one person to call. “Vector Detector” is tomorrow’s Sonic Boom, airing at 6pm on Boomerang."

Tagsies: #sonic boom #season 2 #is it just us or did we just get Team Chaotix blaring in our heads? #and to whoever wields the Piko Piko Hammer -- it is a great power #but also a terrible curse #how is it cursed? #we don't talk about that

Judging from that last screenshot, seems like Sticks is trying to teach Amy how to use other weapons... just like in the other aforementioned story where Amy lost her hammer in the Archie Boom comic. Talk about deja vu...

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

The Sonic Tumblr, as usual, has screenshots for this week's new Sonic Boom episode, "Vector Detector":

tumblr_ovzhxt56Xy1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ovzhxt56Xy1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ovzhxt56Xy1u5cb23o3_1280.png

"Someone has stolen Amy’s hammer. When a mystery needs to be solved, there’s only one person to call. “Vector Detector” is tomorrow’s Sonic Boom, airing at 6pm on Boomerang."

Tagsies: #sonic boom #season 2 #is it just us or did we just get Team Chaotix blaring in our heads? #and to whoever wields the Piko Piko Hammer -- it is a great power #but also a terrible curse #how is it cursed? #we don't talk about that

Judging from that last screenshot, seems like Sticks is trying to teach Amy how to use other weapons... just like in the other aforementioned story where Amy lost her hammer in the Archie Boom comic. Talk about deja vu...

Though for the last screenshot, it doesn't seem as bad as it turned out in the comic.

Poor Amy, she looks so horrified to see her hammer missing. I really hope tomorrow is an enjoyable episode. I look forward to seeing how Vector is handled. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Also wasn't the title card for "Three Minutes or Less" meant to be revealed earlier this week? And I've hardly ever seen Chain Letter due to lack of download links on the Sharing Boom Document! It's been a frickin' week!

2 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Also wasn't the title card for "Three Minutes or Less" meant to be revealed earlier this week? And I've hardly ever seen Chain Letter due to lack of download links on the Sharing Boom Document! It's been a frickin' week!

There have been times like with the AU episode where Bill released the title card later than usual.

25 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

There have been times like with the AU episode where Bill released the title card later than usual.

AU episode?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

@Geraint Lewis Where Did All the Sonics Go?

Oh yeah, that. I remember now. He had no preview on the day of "Three Men and My Baby!" got its info, then a few days later, he eventually released its title card.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, "Vector Detector" was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed this new take on Vector, and he was written pretty well.

Plus, there was some continuity in this one, and you know how much I love that.

• Thumbs Up 5

Vector Detector was pretty decent, and portrayed the character well. Surprisingly, some of my predictions for this episode were right. However, the episode did feel a bit unfocused at times.

The episode starts off with Amy realizing her hammer is missing, and she starts to feel useless and helpless in battle. The gang tries cheering her up by bringing her a chest of new weapons to try out. Amy thanks them, but tells them she already hired a professional. Vector comes in, while being followed by a camera crew. Vector's life as a detective is also a reality show. Sonic decides to assist Vector in finding Amy's hammer.

Sonic and Vector found no clues, and are sad to inform Amy about it. They then sit down and watch tv, and see Justin Beaver get angry with Comedy Chimp on live TV. The next morning, they see a beat up sign of Comedy Chimp's, made out of dents that resemble Amy's hammer. Vector suspects Justin Beaver is behind it. They follow Justin sneaking out at night, only to find out he snuck out to meet up for a secret book club. Vector then returns to Amy's house to look for more clues, and finds a pie with a middle chunk missing. Vector then decides to hold a pie eating constest, to see if anyone would eat a pie and leave a similar mark as the one found at Amy's house. Nothing comes up, and Vector is once again out of suspects, until they watch tv again, and notice Comedy Chimp throw a pie at Wolf Sidekick, leaving a chunk in the middle of the pie thrown at Wolf Sidekick. 

Vector then goes to Comedy Chimp's studio, and finds Amy's hammer in a chest, and accuses Wolf Sidekick of being the culprit. Vector accuses Wolf Sidekick of stealing the hammer to get revenge on Comedy Chimp, for poor treatment. Wolf Sidekick is arrested, and Amy is happy to see her hammer again. However, Amy left a comment about her hammer, which left Vector thinking, and made him question why her hammer was taken for a revenge scheme. Eventually, Vector realizes Wolf Sidekick wasn't the real culprit, and he points fingers to the producer of his detective show. He accuses the producer of stealing the hammer, and framing Wolf Sidekick. The producer tries making a run for it, but Amy blocks him off, allowing the police to arrest him. Sonic and Vector compliment each other for making a great team, and the episode ends ironically with Wolf Sidekick still in jail.

Overall, I liked the episode, and was surprised of how I guessed correctly with Vector's detective show being a reality show, with the producer being the one responsible for stealing the hammer. I was surprised that Vector had nothing to do with it though. I had a feeling Vector would confess toward the end of the episode that he actually took the hammer, and only pretended to find it, because the studio made him do it. Luckily, they handled Vector very closely to how he is in the games, he's still greedy and silly, but still cares about helping others out. Sadly, there were no Chaotix references, or any jabs at Knuckles knowing him.

While I did enjoy the episode, I personally thought the episode felt too unfocused and a little flawed at times. The episode starts off seeming like it will be an Amy episode, since it put so much focus around her. I also couldnt help but find it sad how the show tried so hard to make Amy look useless without her hammer. While the episode started off with a strong focus on Amy, she was surprisingly absent in most of the episode's scenes. It put more focus on just Vector and Sonic, I found it strange how Amy wasn't with them during the detective parts. They didn't do much with Amy in this episode, despite setting the episode up to feel like an Amy episode. What was the point in bringing in that big box of weapons for Amy to try out? We only saw Amy try out one weapon for a brief moment, as Vector and Sonic first returned to tell her they still haven't found her hammer. I felt some of the detective scenes were unnecessary, like the pie eating scene, that scene felt like a waste of time. I also felt the parts with Justin Beaver dragged the episode on as well, and didn't really offer much humor or surprise to the mix. 

Nitpicks aside, I still enjoyed today's episode. It was fun to see Sonic and Vector working together. There were also some funny moments, like Tails pointing out how Vector needs to see a doctor, after Vector's eyes turned into dollar signs. I was also relieved to see the episode didn't end up making it look like a set up by Amy.  That would have annoyed me badly if they ended up writing it out for Amy to have framed someone, and pretend her hammer was stolen, it would have felt too forced and out of character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Hey! Last week's Sonic Boom episode is finally available on the Sharing Boom document.

So is the latest episode. :)

I kind of laughed at how Sonic got jealous of Vector, when Vector found Amy's hammer, and she hugged him for finding it. It seemed like Sonic really wanted to impress Amy with finding her hammer. I also liked how Amy was back to her quirky and cheerful self at the beginning of this episode, kind of like how she was in the first few episodes of season 1. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I kind of laughed at how Sonic got jealous of Vector, when Vector found Amy's hammer, and she hugged him for finding it. It seemed like Sonic really wanted to impress Amy with finding her hammer. I also liked how Amy was back to her quirky and cheerful self at the beginning of this episode, kind of like how she was in the first few episodes of season 1. 

How was she at the end?

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

How was she at the end?

She was fine, she heroically stepped in and prevented the producer from running away, which helped the police catch up and arrest him. Most of the episode just had her feeling sad. It was handled well though, she wasn't lashing out at anyone. During a part where the gang is fighting Eggman, she doesn't know what to do without her hammer, she says "Knuckles is right, I am useless!" and she runs off crying. Sonic feels bad for her, and quickly ends his fight with Eggman, in order to cheer Amy up. That part was kind of funny, the way Sonic quickly sent Eggman flying, followed by Eggman shouting "I completely understand!" as he's sent flying away. 

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

She was fine, she heroically stepped in and prevented the producer from running away, which helped the police catch up and arrest him. Most of the episode just had her feeling sad. It was handled well though, she wasn't lashing out at anyone. During a part where the gang is fighting Eggman, she doesn't know what to do without her hammer, she says "Knuckles is right, I am useless!" and she runs off crying. Sonic feels bad for her, and quickly ends his fight with Eggman, in order to cheer Amy up. That part was kind of funny, the way Sonic quickly sent Eggman flying, followed by Eggman shouting "I completely understand!" as he's sent flying away. 

Sounds like Knuckles was being insensitive. 

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Sounds like Knuckles was being insensitive. 

Kind of, but it didn't really bother me. Amy first points out how being without her hammer is like Sonic without his speed. Knuckles then adds "or me without my fists". Knuckles then looks down, and freaks out when he sees his fingers, and he screams "what happened to my fists?!" Sticks points out how he still has them. Knuckles then balls his hands into a fist, and gives a sigh of relief. Knuckles then says "for a minute, I almost thought I was as useless as Amy without her hammer". 

When Amy runs off crying, and saying that Knuckles was right about her, Sonic crosses his arms and gives Knuckles a look of shame. Knuckles says "What, it's not my fault I'm insightful?" If anything, the scene just made Knuckles look stupid, but I didn't think he was intentionally trying to sound mean. I usually don't laugh at scenes like that, but for some reason, I kind of did laugh at it. Maybe it helped, because they showed that the gang still felt bad for Amy. If the whole scene had the gang poking jabs at Amy, it might have felt a little too mean, but to see just one of them unintentionally upset her, and to see the others feel bad for her, it kind of helped balance the scene out.  Sonic was even willing to prematurely end an Eggman battle, because he felt concerned for Amy. If the scene ended with the gang just watching Amy run off upset, while acting unhinged, It probably would have left a bad taste in my mouth. I was both surprised, and impressed to see the gang feel so concerned for her, it helped make the episode more enjoyable. 

That's also one of the episode's flaws though, the beginning felt too different when compared to the rest of the episode. The beginning made it feel like an episode that would be all about Amy, yet her moments were only used to start the plot of the episode. Even after her hammer is found, the focus still stays put on Vector and Sonic, instead of returning back to Amy. Even her moment at the end felt very brief, Vector and Sonic still hogged the screen time in this episode, but it was still entertaining. I still liked the beginning of the episode. It may have made Amy look a bit useless, but it was still sweet to see Sonic and pals realize she's upset, and try cheering her up about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This was pretty decent, but yeah it felt a bit unfocused. I'm not sure where they're going with Vector's character and his chemistry with Sonic. I feel like he's meant to be a blowhard but still kind of good at his job, but the interactions fall a little on the flat side.

Sonic being kind of irritable around Vector because he's a TV star was an amusing role reversal of Sonic X though, where Vector was jealous of Sonic's fame.

I find it odd they picked the one character whose usually part of a posse to bring in individually, unless they bring in Espio and Charmy later on. Can't complain about one of them being treated as an individual though.....Or any Sonic sidekick for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 3

No "lets take a look at more clues" reference in today's sonic boom episode. I am dissapoint.

plus: I miss vector's headphones.