Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

13 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

That's... a lot of good points. And I thought I knew a lot about Sonic lol. I see where you're coming from and on the grand scheme of things I may have underestimated their popularity. And I had read Bill's post saying how we were being over-analytical about what he says. Best thing to do now is wait and see. There's no need to stress over every little thing they've said. (with the olympics, I'd say they'd keep going till 2024 in Beijing, end where they started)

I'd so love a reference to that, (I know I'm bringing this up a lot) but even in the Olympic games they have a special animation together, so I'd love for them to interact

Ah I see, I knew the name sounded familiar, thanks. But I can see them being much more lenient with that since it's mostly the main 3 + Eggman they got to work with, not really any of the side characters

You know I could actually see them doing that this time lol

I mean like I said, they seem to be fine with the Main 3 + Eggman and Amy. Shadow and Metal Sonic make sense from a popularity perspective. And we've already talked about Vector's inclusion. So that only leaves the other characters which hardly appear in anything at all that much, besides brief cameos or whatever they're doing in Forces. It's not that off to say they could be limiting them to some degree. And the only branch cutting I've seen was the move to Boomerang, which really wasn't them that was CN. With Boom coming to Netflix in several countries, it getting a Japanese dub, and getting nominated for the Teen Choice award which Sega even advertised I don't see them cutting off branches at all.

Taxman has probably heard the requests to have Amy in Mania 2 if it happens. However, he has used Shadow in a fan-game project of his, but he also considers a large chunk of characters "unnecessary." Someone like OzCrash should be invited on board to prove that that's not the case.

Well, they did slow down merchandise production in favor of main merchandise. All the social media is focused on main, with boom only covered begrudgingly (better than how they didn't cover Archie at all) and generically. Sega ignores the show's now-infamous Boomerang treatnent and doesn't fight for a better position for the series. Sega have also been deleting Boom Episodes from YouTube. But I guess SoE handles it better, but it's only one small voice out of three. And Sonic hasn't been big in Japan for ages, and even X was originally aimed at 5-year olds. And is it getting any dubs other than Japanese and French?

• Thumbs Up 1

The title/synopsis of season 2's finale have been revealed.

Spoiler

(http://www.telemagazyn.pl/serial/sonic-boom-1418819/s2/odc51/) Translated from French.

Title: EGGMAN: THE VIDEOGAME.

1. Part 1 - When Eggman tries to recruit Shadow to spice up his video game evil, the consequences for Sonic and his friends are serious.
  2. Part 2 - Sonic and his friends must battle their worst enemies to save the universe from destruction.

Yes, it's a two-parter.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Taxman has probably heard the requests to have Amy in Mania 2 if it happens. However, he has used Shadow in a fan-game project of his, but he also considers a large chunk of characters "unnecessary." Someone like OzCrash should be invited on board to prove that that's not the case.

Well, they did slow down merchandise production in favor of main merchandise. All the social media is focused on main, with boom only covered begrudgingly (better than how they didn't cover Archie at all) and generically. Sega ignores the show's now-infamous Boomerang treatnent and doesn't fight for a better position for the series. Sega have also been deleting Boom Episodes from YouTube. But I guess SoE handles it better, but it's only one small voice out of three. And Sonic hasn't been big in Japan for ages, and even X was originally aimed at 5-year olds. And is it getting any dubs other than Japanese and French?

Ah that's a bummer that he considers them unnecessary. Ozcrash's Sonic World was amazing so, I'd definitely be all for him helping Taxman see other wise.

I know nothing about the merchandise, but it's atleast still being sold. And while Social Media doesn't really focus on Boom, you have the Sonic Tumblr that show's the preview images as well as the Sonic Streams on the official Sonic the Hedgehog YouTube channel that talks about the upcoming episodes as well, so it's far from being covered begrudgingly. The show's treatment on Boomerang is bad, but it coming to Netflix is probably the best outcome for it since even if Sega told them to put it back on CN's main channel, it'll be advertised poorly and still be in a bad time slot. So in a lot of ways it will be receiving better treatment this way. Sonic's not big in Japan yes, but then why bother releasing both the games and show in Japan if it was meant for western audiences. It'd be a waste of resources if they knew that it wouldn't do well, no? So they obviously had faith in the show if that's the case. And yeah, they are plenty of dubs of the show. There's YouTube video of the whole "You Should Check on Your Grandkids" thing from the sidekick from season 1 in like 8 languages I think. Remember, Boom's been shown in over 40 countries, and I'm sure they've got a dub for their own language of the show.

4 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

Reveal hidden contents

(http://www.telemagazyn.pl/serial/sonic-boom-1418819/s2/odc51/) Translated from French.

1. Part 1 - When Eggman tries to recruit Shadow to spice up his video game evil, the consequences for Sonic and his friends are serious.
  2. Part 2 - Sonic and his friends must battle their worst enemies to save the universe from destruction.

Yes, it's a two-parter.

Interesting premise.

28 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

Hide contents

Yes, it's a two-parter.

So how is it different from the season 1 finale?

Another episode has been revealed as well, called "Don't get upset!" Synopsis:

Spoiler

After a failed experiment, Eggman becomes an adorable creature every time he gets angry.

..Maybe he transforms into Cream? XD

By the way, the Cream rumour has been removed at last. There's now literally one episode left we know nothing about.

On the Season finale...

Spoiler

So Shadow returns as stereotypical villain? I don't expect to learn more about him this time, either. The synopsis for the finale sounds a bit like Metal Sonic will join him in the fight. So Metal may not get his own episode, sadly.

Seriously, this is totally Eggman's season. About a third of this season's episodes were exclusively about him. May as well rename the show Eggy Boom.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Another episode has been revealed as well, called "Don't get upset!" Synopsis:

Hide contents

After a failed experiment, Eggman becomes an adorable creature every time he gets angry.

..Maybe he transforms into Cream? XD

By the way, the Cream rumour has been removed at last. There's now literally one episode left we know nothing about.

On the Season finale...

Hide contents

So Shadow returns as stereotypical villain? I don't expect to learn more about him this time, either. The synopsis for the finale sounds a bit like Metal Sonic will join him in the fight. So Metal may not get his own episode, sadly.

Seriously, this is totally Eggman's season. About a third of this season's episodes were exclusively about him. May as well rename the show Eggy Boom.

Yeah there have been a lot of Eggman episodes this season but not many in the beginning of it. That last one sounds weird.

Here's a list of episodes Reid Harrison wrote:

Seems like we won't get another Amy episode

19 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

...which could feasibly be the Cream episode, right? I dunno, it just seems like a very specific and strange thing to do, for someone to hijack the French Wikipedia page with a fake episode name.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

...which could feasibly be the Cream episode, right? I dunno, it just seems like a very specific and strange thing to do, for someone to hijack the French Wikipedia page with a fake episode name.

I kind of hope it is true because I'm curious what the writers would do with her.

51 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

Hide contents

Yes, it's a two-parter.

Video game evil? I hope we get a better translation soon. What does it mean exactly? Is Eggman going to trap Sonic and pals into an evil video game he designed? Or is Eggman really trying to beat Sonic and pals at a video game? 

I agree, this finale sounds too much like a repeat of season 1's finale, with Team Sonic vs the villains, except it's now a 2 part special. However, a 2 part special won't guarantee it will be good. It might just be a 2 part special of filler, and random humor, instead of an actual series/season conclusion.

It could be better than the season 1 finale though, it was about a bunch of pathetic villains teaming up under Eggman's leadership. Now however, they'll be working for Shadow, which could make them learn how to be proper threats, and become a greater obstacle for Sonic and pals to fight against.

I really hope the writers and animators pick their game up. These could be the last 2 episodes of the series, and in case they are, they need to end the season/series with a bang! They need to give people a reason to be happy with it's ending, or excited for more, they shouldn't just end it with another 4th wall joke that makes fun of how limited the show's resources were, and hoping to get more of that.

I can understand why others would be mad with Season 2. Season 1 made it clear that no other characters from the games would show up, yet Shadow appeared at last second, and seemed like a real threat, and threatened to be back to finish his fight with Sonic. It hyped people up to see more of Shadow in season 2, yet once again, they ignored him until the last episode...

It is very misleading, while I mostly enjoyed season 2, I mostly liked it when it brought new things into the Boom universe, but lately, too many episodes focus on very casual or overused concepts, while lazily joking about how it's being done for plot purposes. Could you imagine how annoying the 3d Sonic games would have gotten, if the characters kept bringing up how they have to fight a giant monster, because the plot calls for it? Season 2 has gotten shamelessly oversaturated with moments like that, and they've gotten old, real fast...

• Nice Smile 1

The Sonic X comics once had a 2-parter arc for the 15th anniversary where Sonic and his friends were all warped into a video game (which just happened to be Sonic 1) created by Eggman. It was a very fun arc, getting to see characters like Amy, Cream and Vanilla in 2D levels like Scrap Brain Zone.

I think this one may have a similar concept. Eggman creates an "evil" video game (the man calls ham evil, so not a stretch)/some digital space to eliminate Team Sonic, but they master every challenge with ease, annoying him (insert "someone should make a game series about you, Sonic!"-joke here). So Eggy will track down Shadow in his cave to join him, Shadow takes over and fights Sonic in the game (on his terms, wow continuity). Shadow will probably take things too far, the game will spiral out of control for the cliffhanger of Part 1 and Team Sonic will face Shadow, Metal Sonic, Eggman and maybe other villains in the finale to destroy the game before it impacts the real world.

51 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

Well, the "Cream's Dream Team" title was definitely fake, so if the unknown episode does have a character appearance (which I'm not sure of), Cream's chances are as high as anyone else's (..except for Rouge and Charmy). We should find out the title next week.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

The Sonic X comics once had a 4-parter arc for the 15th anniversary where Sonic and his friends were all warped into a video game (which just happened to be Sonic 1) created by Eggman. It was a very fun arc, getting to see characters like Amy, Cream and Vanilla in 2D levels like Scrap Brain Zone.

I think this one may have a similar concept. Eggman creates an "evil" video game (the man calls ham evil, so not a stretch)/some digital space to eliminate Team Sonic, but they master every challenge with ease, annoying him (insert "someone should make a game series about you, Sonic!"-joke here). So Eggy will track down Shadow in his cave to join him, Shadow takes over and fights Sonic in the game (on his terms, wow continuity). Shadow will probably take things too far, the game will spiral out of control for the cliffhanger of Part 1 and Team Sonic will face Shadow, Metal Sonic, Eggman and maybe other villains in the finale to destroy the game before it impacts the real world.

Well, the "Cream's Dream Team" title was definitely fake, so if the unknown episode does have a character appearance (which I'm not sure of), Cream's chances are as high as anyone else's (..except for Rouge and Charmy). We should find out the title next week.

I loved that, it made me wish the actual Archie comics were more like that. Heck, I wish the show of Sonic X was as good as that story arc. I was jealous that we'd never see that in animated form, it was too much fun to read and look at, that it made me want to see and hear it in motion.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I loved that, it made me wish the actual Archie comics were more like that. Heck, I wish the show of Sonic X was as good as that story arc. I was jealous that we'd never see that in animated form, it was too much fun to read and look at, that it made me want to see and hear it in motion.

That Does sound like fun

The Sonic X comic was very enjoyable in general, even more so than the show, in my opinion. It had its...very weird moments (like Amy being able to fly at one instance, or the image below), but it had very fun story arcs I still remember like Eggman unleashing hundreds of Dark Chao to harass the city, King Boom Boo possessing everyone but Cream, Sonic taking Amy on a date arranged by the Chaotix of all people or the whole game cast(+Chris, who's not as omnipresent as in the Anime) forming unusual teams and going on a Chaos Emerald hunt while manipulating each other.

Sonic X generally had a lot bigger budget than Boom and access to pretty much every character in the series, despite not portraying them all necessarily correctly. Could or could not be because the series was produced with Sega of Japan whereas Boom is produced in France..

tumblr_oqgtv1VIiM1ttt4pto1_250.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Dejimon11 said:

That is the worst conclusion to jump to. If that was the case she would of never appeared in any Sonic game again after her appearance and plus it's not they could give her a different outfit if that was the case especially if they were able to give one to vector. Just saying. 

Ok A. I admit I jumped to a conclusion. Didn't help one person commented on the post "She's not kid friendly". B. Why are you constantly specifically on my case? I never see you correct anyone else liker you do me.

The Sonic Tumblr has just posted the screenshots for "Chain Letter":

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o4_1280.png

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o1_1280.png

"After Eggman discovers he has no friends on social media, he decides to make his own social media network. Like “Chain Letter” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags are: #sonic boom #season 2 #you ever just sit down and think #wow... maybe social media is slowly choking the way we interact with one another #staring at phones #endlessly scrolling down huge lines #maybe clicking a little heart or smiley when something stirs some emotion in us #day in - day out #all as we seek a little validation from our peers #don't look at us - we just post memes #memes are nice #like a cool breeze #or eating a doughnut fresh off the baking line #mmmm #we hope you enjoy your extended weekend those of you celebrating Labour Day #and if you're not - we'll see you monday

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

The Sonic Tumblr has just posted the screenshots for "Chain Letter":

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o4_1280.png

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ovmfs8kUtG1u5cb23o1_1280.png

"After Eggman discovers he has no friends on social media, he decides to make his own social media network. Like “Chain Letter” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags are: #sonic boom #season 2 #you ever just sit down and think #wow... maybe social media is slowly choking the way we interact with one another #staring at phones #endlessly scrolling down huge lines #maybe clicking a little heart or smiley when something stirs some emotion in us #day in - day out #all as we seek a little validation from our peers #don't look at us - we just post memes #memes are nice #like a cool breeze #or eating a doughnut fresh off the baking line #mmmm #we hope you enjoy your extended weekend those of you celebrating Labour Day #and if you're not - we'll see you monday

So Sonic and pals don't have smartphones after all, but they can use their communicators like an iwatch? That's kind of interesting. The low quality previews from the live stream made it look like Amy and Knuckles had smart phones, but these images clearly show them using their wrist  communicators.

I hope the episode gives us a small look at what kind of stuff Sonic and pals would use social media for. I could see Knuckles looking up tips on weight lifting, Amy looking up cook book recipes, or online shopping for Fuzzy Puppy figures, Tails looking up on ways to improve his plane, and Sonic looking himself up, and seeing what people have to say about him.

I'm guessing there could be a lot of meta humor in this episode. If the Biggest Fan episode could do a funny job at giving numerous references that only social media Sonic fans could understand, then why not an episode about the characters being engaged with social media?

Don't worry, I'm not gonna hate the episode if it doesn't turn out the way I hope. I like to judge episodes based on how funny, well written, or entertaining they are, not based on whether my predictions and guesses were close or not. There are plenty of episodes where they didn't turn out the way I expected, yet I liked them regardless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good idea that the season finale is a two parter. Season one's finale felt a bit short, mainly the fight between Sonic and Shadow. Here's hoping this one goes well!

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ok A. I admit I jumped to a conclusion. Didn't help one person commented on the post "She's not kid friendly". B. Why are you constantly specifically on my case? I never see you correct anyone else liker you do me.

I wasn't on your case my dude relax man. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Zers Editor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, it's a two-parter.

they said shadows episode was about a cave

well i guess that was a lie

3 hours ago, SpongicX said:

. Now however, they'll be working for Shadow, which could make them learn how to be proper threats, and become a greater obstacle for Sonic and pals to fight against.

where does it say that?

I'm going to take a guess and say the season finale 2-parter of Sonic Boom will be similar to the Lets Play Musical Friends episode of Sonic Boom. That's just what I'm getting from it.