Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Maybe the ``Where have all the Sonic's gone?" episode might have Modern Sonic included, not likely just an idea. Or it'll just be another version of Multi-Tails, like how Give Bees A Chance is a different version of Buster.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Maybe the ``Where have all the Sonic's gone?" episode might have Modern Sonic included, not likely just an idea. Or it'll just be another version of Multi-Tails, like how Give Bees A Chance is a different version of Buster.

That is possible. This makes me wonder why would happen like maybe instead of Sonic being split apart he'll be replicated.

Just saw the episode. It was alright, not the best but it had it's moments. I liked how Knuckles called out Amy for trying to show off her feminism in the beginning and how he helped at the end by digging tunnels which refferenees in the beginning as well. Though the seemingly religious jokes rubbed me the wrong way as it came off as a cheap jab towards Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Eggman's Anti-Gravity Ray" was a pretty good episode from what I saw. I was partially distracted because I was in the middle of a Gigantic match and couldn't leave, but I still enjoyed it when I got around to a second watch.

It was nice seeing Cubot have a pretty important role this time, and Knuckles' statement on feminism was actually logical and funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray was ok, but it felt kind of dull during too many parts.

The episode starts off with Eggman getting sick of the wind constantly blowing his newspaper away, and he decides to use an anti gravity ray, to mess with his lair's placement, in order to throw off the wind from blowing his newspaper away, the set up honestly makes no sense... While Eggman goes out to get his zero gravity boots, Cubot starts getting annoyed with how Eggman treats him and Orbot. Orbot and Cubot accidentally trigger Eggman's anti gravity ray, while Cubot was wearing it on his head. The rays start messing up Cubot's programming, and cause him to go insane. He starts ascending in mid air, across the village, while the anti gravity ray starts picking up all the villagers.

Meanwhile, Sonic and pals were playing soccer, but Sonic gets annoyed with Knuckles digging holes in the ground, and tells Knuckles to never dig. There is a funny moment where Amy is about to give a penalty kick, and she starts ranting about proving women can be better than men, but Knuckles gives a surprisingly true statement about the hypocritical statements of feminism, which causes everyone to just stop and stare in shock at Knuckles's deep response. Even Amy looked hilariously shocked. After that hilarious moment of awkwardness, the gang's towels were sucked up by Cubot, as the anti gravity ray ascends over the village, and starts sucking up all the villagers.

The rays start affecting Cubot more badly, and cause him to start falsely preaching nonsense about joining him, and ascending to a better life. This episode was basically a big jab towards religious nuts, who try forcing people to follow their religious beliefs. Cubot eventually gets outraged, and manages to gain the ability to start zapping rays at everyone, and suck them up into an anti gravity state. The rays eventually get Knuckles in a hilarious way, and Sticks ends up getting sucked up while trying to help save the villagers, and Amy accidentally gets pulled up, while trying to get Sticks back down. Cubot then encourages everyone to open up and express their feelings, Sonic freaks out and says they need to get everyone down, before Amy starts opening up to her feelings, (LOL!)

Sonic and Tails suit up in space suits, and take Tails's plane to try taking down Cubot, and shut off the device. They eventually succeed, but Sonic and the gang start noticing they suddenly can't move. Tails points out how Sonic didn't turn gravity off, he turned it up, forcing everyone to be pushed towards the ground. Sonic then encourages Knuckles to start digging, despite telling him to never dig again. Knuckles ends up digging forward, until he's able to get the anti gravity ray to fall in front of him. Knuckles then breaks the device, and frees everyone from it's control. Cubot returns back to his regular self. The episode ends with Eggman forcing his minions to physically push his lair to a different angle, and throw off the wind from blowing his newspaper away.

Overall, the episode did kind  of drag on, but I wouldn't call it a bad episode, it just could have been better. I liked the music in this week's episode. Knuckles had a few neat moments in  this show, from both his digging, and surprisingly smart opinion of gender equality. I liked how the episode used Cubot to basically make fun of religious nuts, and I enjoyed the sequence where Sonic and Tails flew in to save everyone from Cubot. I also liked how the characters worked together in this episode. We saw them running around trying to prevent the villagers from getting sucked up, to the point where they even got trapped themselves in the process. I especially liked how Amy tried getting Sticks back down, after she got trapped. It wasn't season 2's best episode, but it wasn't their worst, either. It wasn't as good as last week's episode, but it was more enjoyable than the Eggman centered episodes that aired the past 3 weeks before last week's episode.  I do like how the episode didn't just end with the characters being stuck on the ground. I almost feared the episode was going to end abruptly with Sonic and pals stuck to the ground, I liked how they ended it with Knuckles digging to save everyone, that was nice touch.

• Thumbs Up 1

@SpongicX Yeah the set up for the conflict didn't make sense. I thought Eggman would try to mess with Team Sonic and the beginning dragged on a bit. I never considered the episode ending aprutedly like you mentioned. That would've probably dragged the episode's score down, which makes The callback to the beginning of the episode nice. The villagers themselves weren't too bad though they didn't really speak much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of which, why isn't SpongicX uploading Sonic Boom: Eggman's Anti-Gravity Ray clips on DailyMotion? 

4 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Speaking of which, why isn't SpongicX uploading Sonic Boom: Eggman's Anti-Gravity Ray clips on DailyMotion? 

He's probably busy. We shouldn't rush him.

Did anyone else notice how they recycled animations from "Mister Eggman" in today's new episode, during the soccer scene. The part where Sonic was dribbling the ball across the court, and kicking the ball around Tails and Amy was the exact same moment from Mister Eggman, the only big difference is how Sonic didn't kick a goal past Sticks, and instead fell down one of Knuckles's holes in the process. 

http://imgur.com/a/RU30C

Screenshots from "Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray"

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Did anyone else notice how they recycled animations from "Mister Eggman" in today's new episode, during the soccer scene. The part where Sonic was dribbling the ball across the court, and kicking the ball around Tails and Amy was the exact same moment from Mister Eggman, the only big difference is how Sonic didn't kick a goal past Sticks, and instead fell down one of Knuckles's holes in the process. 

No not really.

Ak new episode title is announced to air on September 2nd called ``Chain Letter". I hope that episode doesn't turn out to be another version of Unlucky Knuckles, I have seen a similarly titled episode for The Andy Griffith Show called ``The Lucky Letter" in which Barney doe Not pass along a chain letter and therefore gets a lot of bad luck. So that episode of Sonic Boom could follow a similar plot, I know The Andy Griffith Show is an old show, but it's the only show that I can think of with a similar episode plot.

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Ak new episode title is announced to air on September 2nd called ``Chain Letter". I hope that episode doesn't turn out to be another version of Unlucky Knuckles, I have seen a similarly titled episode for The Andy Griffith Show called ``The Lucky Letter" in which Barney doe Not pass along a chain letter and therefore gets a lot of bad luck. So that episode of Sonic Boom could follow a similar plot, I know The Andy Griffith Show is an old show, but it's the only show that I can think of with a similar episode plot.

Where did you see this?

I am so sick of going out of my way each week to record clips of the show, and share them with fans, just to have people ignore the clips, or have someone upload the clip hours later in bad quality, yet get thousands of views. I’ve taken up too many hours of my life to try and keep the Sonic Boom fans happy, yet get no thanks in return, so I’m done… 

Just look at this, I uploaded this clip a few hours ago, and it only has been ignored like crazy. http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/163581865803/knuckles-is-a-feminist-possibly-one-of-the

Meanwhile, someone else posts this shortly after, and has over 6,000 viewings, despite having very poor quality... https://angel-baez.tumblr.com/post/163575588241/knuckles-the-echidna-schools-amy-rose-about

I am done... It is not worth spending so much time of my life, just to get so poorly ignored, despite trying so hard to get people to support this show. Others are clearly better at doing it, despite uploading poorer quality uploads... 

I apologize if I am sounding extremely selfish, but it really isn't fair for me to try doing so much for the fans, yet get no respect in return. If you people want clips from this show, then you might as well look elsewhere, because people clearly don't want clips from me... 

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I am so sick of going out of my way each week to record clips of the show, and share them with fans, just to have people ignore the clips, or have someone upload the clip hours later in bad quality, yet get thousands of views. I’ve taken up too many hours of my life to try and keep the Sonic Boom fans happy, yet get no thanks in return, so I’m done… 

Just look at this, I uploaded this clip a few hours ago, and it only has been ignored like crazy. http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/163581865803/knuckles-is-a-feminist-possibly-one-of-the

Meanwhile, someone else posts this shortly after, and has over 6,000 viewings, despite having very poor quality... https://angel-baez.tumblr.com/post/163575588241/knuckles-the-echidna-schools-amy-rose-about

I am done... It is not worth spending so much time of my life, just to get so poorly ignored, despite trying so hard to get people to support this show. Others are clearly better at doing it, despite uploading poorer quality uploads... 

I apologize if I am sounding extremely selfish, but it really isn't fair for me to try doing so much for the fans, yet get no respect in return. If you people want clips from this show, then you might as well look elsewhere, because people clearly don't want clips from me... 

I'm sorry you feel unappreciated man :(

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm sorry you feel unappreciated man :(

Thanks, on the bright side though, at least there are still people that are wanting this show. It may feel like a bummer to know I'm not helping with getting people to watch the show, but I didn't make the show after all. It still feels kind of hurtful to post this stuff ahead of time, and get ignored, while a poor quality version gets uploaded moments later, yet undermines the time and quality I put into helping promote the show. Regardless, at least the show is still being given love, it's just too bad that my efforts don't help. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Look, man, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll admit, I was one of those people on Tumblr who reblogged that other post, and now I feel kind of bad.

But if the amount of views your videos of Boom got on YouTube before they were taken down count, then your efforts were, in some way, appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SonicWind said:

Look, man, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll admit, I was one of those people on Tumblr who reblogged that other post, and now I feel kind of bad.

But if the amount of views your videos of Boom got on YouTube before they were taken down count, then your efforts were, in some way, appreciated.

Thanks, but they apparently don't count, since they were forced to be taken down, and people now have no way of looking back on it to know I helped in trying to gain people's interests with the show. It takes me hours to look through a new episode each week, after tuning into it, and recording it for my own personal viewing, to make short clips and screenshots, and upload them across DailyMotion, Tumblr, Facebook, and here. Yet despite all my efforts, it's painful to see my effort go unnoticed or unappreciated, despite others doing it moments later, yet getting so much praise.

Heck, there are some clips where you can tell they took them straight from my recordings, instead of recording it themselves. For instance, when I originally uploaded clips of Nominatus Rising on Youtube (before getting taken down) an error occurred while recording the episode off Sling TV, which showed my mouse cursor hovering above the video, yet so many people on Tumblr,  Instagram, or Know Your Memes recorded over my footage, you could tell, by the way my mouse cursor was shown hovering over their clips, which flat out says they didn't record the clip themselves, and just took my recording clips of it. 

I guess it's nothing to get too upset about. I didn't make the show after all, and can't take credit for any of it. But Sega themselves don't give the cast and crew of Sonic Boom the credit they deserve for all their hardwork, which makes it a bit more depressing. I want to help give credit to those who earn it, yet I can't even be given credit for trying to give credit. It's a complicated mess. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Just try not to let this get the better of you

What? You think I'm going to turn into a super villain because of this? LOL! Don't worry, I'm not that kind of person. I may have my down moments, but there are too many things in life that I care about, to make me not want to throw it all away. I appreciate your concern though, thanks. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I appreciate you man. But I would understand if you took a break. Honestly maybe that's what you should do. Since recording and video editing can be very tiring especially when you do it so often and don't really get much out of it.

I do hope you still watch the show though, it would be sad to see such an enthusiastic fan of Sonic Boom such as yourself stop watching and talking about Boom because of the state CN and SEGA have forced it to be these days.

This is why i'm hoping that if we do get a season 3, SEGA tries to at least fix this a little. No more copyright claims all the time and maybe move the show either back to CN or put it on streaming. It worked for Korra didn't it? Nick didn't want to air it on TV so they moved it to streaming on Hulu.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I appreciate you man. But I would understand if you took a break. Honestly maybe that's what you should do. Since recording and video can be very tiring especially when you do it so often and don't really get much out of it.

I do hope you still watch the show though, it would be sad to see such an enthusiastic fan of Sonic Boom such as yourself stop watching and talking about Boom because of the state CN and SEGA have forced it to be these days.

This is why i'm hoping that if we do get a season 3, SEGA tries to at least fix this a title. No more copyright claims all the time and maybe move the show either back to CN or put it on streaming. It worked for Korra didn't it? Nick didn't want to air it on TV so they moved it to streaming on Hulu.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not done with the show, or this board. I still plan on sharing my thoughts, reviews, and possibly screenshots. I still plan on recording the episodes for my own personal viewing.(seriously, when is this show getting a digital hd/blu ray release already, so I can delete my low res recordings, and buy the hd versions of these episodes?) For right now, I am done with uploading clips, it's too time consuming, for such little pay off. Why put so much time in uploading stuff that just gets ignored? While the same can be said about a series I'm working on called Knick Knack the Squirrel, the reason I'm not giving up on that, is because that is a concept I had planned since I was a little kid, it has matured along side me over the years, and I am not going to give up on my life long dream so easily. Sonic isn't my creation though, so I have no control over it's future.

I'm already struggling with trying to make my own idea into a reality, so I don't need to trouble myself over, by also trying to push Sonic Boom to do better as well. Despite all of this, I am still a huge Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Boom fan, and will still give the show my support and feedback, even if I don't have any clips to share. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Also as a feminist myself I should point out that the thing Knuckles said about feminism wasn't like, agaisn't it or a "sick burn" it was more like what modern feminists say about cliches and outdated ideas of feminism. The whole "Girls can be just as good as boys and this one girl in this one time will prove it," trope, as in, girls can't be naturally as good as boys but THIS is the exception, thefore not really helping to make that mindset any less sexist.  I mean after all Knuckles did call himself a feminist for a reason. 

• Thumbs Up 4