Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

While I'm not a feminist (nor do I support feminism), I see where Knuckles is coming from because Amy's monologue was pointless since she was just playing soccer with her friends and to me me it made her seem obnoxious.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

I'm getting the feeling those race car pics we saw for the second half to the teen choice voting could be from the If you build it they will race episode.

Also calling it now, Evan Stanley wrote Three Men and my baby.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I'm getting the feeling those race car pics we saw for the second half to the teen choice voting could be from the If you build it they will race episode.

Also calling it now, Evan Stanley wrote Three Men and my baby.

I'm curious about these next few episodes

I enjoyed "Eggman's Anti-Gravity Ray" a ton. The jokes were on point and the story felt very tight. As both a feminist and a fan of Boom Amy I'm kinda glad they did that joke about how the writers make Amy a Straw Feminist more often than not. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Boom is the last worthehile piece of media in this dying franchise.

Every week it puts a smile on my face. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I enjoyed "Eggman's Anti-Gravity Ray" a ton. The jokes were on point and the story felt very tight. As both a feminist and a fan of Boom Amy I'm kinda glad they did that joke about how the writers make Amy a Straw Feminist more often than not. 

Yeah sometimes Amy can be a bit obnoxious with her feminism. It's interesting because it makes me look back to the episode Circus of Plunders where she accuses Barker of sexism for sticking her with the Sad Clown routine but it's revealed T.W. made Sticks an acrobatic. It seemed like she was pulling the sexist card when she didn't get what she wanted which seems pretty selfish. I found her accusation a bit unnecessary and it's nice when she's proven wrong or called out on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anybody have a link to the full episode of Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray from Sonic Boom? If so, please let me see it.

Just now, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Does anybody have a link to the full episode of Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray from Sonic Boom? If so, please let me see it.

We're not allowed to give out links on the forum. 

1 minute ago, do a barrel roll said:

I think Sonic Boom will get a Blu-Ray/Digital HD release after season 2 ends

Are there any sources to back this up?

But I want to see the full episode of Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray from Sonic Boom! I haven't seen it yet!

1 hour ago, do a barrel roll said:

No it's just what I think will happen 

Also there was a launch DVD for the show in the launch edition of Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice so there should be a DVD/Blu-Ray release eventually

Right now for Digital HD you can watch the show on Hulu but I hope it comes to Netflix later

But some of us would rather watch the show, without needing a constant internet connection. I live in a small  town in Iowa, and our internet providing service here is terrible! I pay for high speed internet, yet my apartment's outlets for internet setup is terribly obsolete, and my city shows no interest in listening to others to get them replaced with up to date setups. My setup is prone to eventually drop in internet signals, and there's nothing I, or anyone can do about it...

I'd rather get the show on blu ray, or from iTunes, at least iTunes lets you download your purchased movies/shows, to watch in an offline format on iTunes.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

But some of us would rather watch the show, without needing a constant internet connection. I live in a small  town in Iowa, and our internet providing service here is terrible! I pay for high speed internet, yet my apartment's outlets for internet setup is terribly obsolete, and my city shows no interest in listening to others to get them replaced with up to date setups. My setup is prone to eventually drop in internet signals, and there's nothing I, or anyone can do about it...

I'd rather get the show on blu ray, or from iTunes, at least iTunes lets you download your purchased movies/shows, to watch in an offline format on iTunes.

Actually now you can download certain shows on Netflix.

8 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I find it interesting that Sonic Boom might be getting a 3rd season (there's a rumor of it happening and the show has a Japanese dub now) while the Archie Sonic comics ended without a proper conclusion

To be fair though, Sonic Boom doesn't have legal troubles with people like Penders or focus too heavily on non-Sonic characters for SEGA's liking.

i've been trying to watch this but idk i haven't really been getting into it. i'm on episode 14 and it's just, the show as a whole doesn't really appeal to me. the cast just doesn't seem right and the jokes don't really feel paced well, and it just overall feels kind of overly cartoonish for me. i mean, it's to be expected considering the target audience but i was kind of disappointed. i enjoy amy from time to time but her character feels less interesting to me compared to her other incarnations cause she doesn't feel special and doesn't really draw me in. nothing does really, i'm gonna finish season 1 at least to finalize my opinions on it, but right now this show feels really underwhelming. i do like the supporting characters who aren't in the main canon though. it just feels like a waste of space cause there is no running plotline that gets resolved, it's pretty much just a slice of life with nothing really important.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, do a barrel roll said:

I find it interesting that Sonic Boom might be getting a 3rd season (there's a rumor of it happening and the show has a Japanese dub now) while the Archie Sonic comics ended without a proper conclusion

Yep these are certainly two things that have nothing to with each other all right.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, rosedust said:

i've been trying to watch this but idk i haven't really been getting into it. i'm on episode 14 and it's just, the show as a whole doesn't really appeal to me. the cast just doesn't seem right and the jokes don't really feel paced well, and it just overall feels kind of overly cartoonish for me. i mean, it's to be expected considering the target audience but i was kind of disappointed. i enjoy amy from time to time but her character feels less interesting to me compared to her other incarnations cause she doesn't feel special and doesn't really draw me in. nothing does really, i'm gonna finish season 1 at least to finalize my opinions on it, but right now this show feels really underwhelming. i do like the supporting characters who aren't in the main canon though. it just feels like a waste of space cause there is no running plotline that gets resolved, it's pretty much just a slice of life with nothing really important.

You might enjoy season 2 as some if the problems in Season 1 are rectified.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

You might enjoy season 2 as some if the problems in Season 1 are rectified.

i'm hoping so

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Actually now you can download certain shows on Netflix.

I personally can't stand Netflix, because the shows they get can never last. All of my favorite shows are no longer on Netflix, which really drove me to not want to use it anymore. Why keep spending $10 a month, just for those shows to get taken away about a year later? I'd rather pay for the show once, and have all the time in the world to watch it as much as I please, without having to worry about it being taken away, due to stupid decisions or expiration dates. 

32 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I will leave this website now (and not come back) good bye everyone

One last thing I will say this again for the people who haven't seen it keep an eye on US Netflix because if you go to Netflix Kids and go to the character Sonic you will see Boom Sonic which might be a sign that Sonic Boom will come to US Netflix

image.thumb.png.bfc9856f60014b82d690221d57a35236.png

It was previously Classic Sonic because Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground are already on Netflix so they must have changed it for a reason

Why are you leaving?

48 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I will leave this website now (and not come back) good bye everyone

One last thing I will say this again for the people who haven't seen it keep an eye on US Netflix because if you go to Netflix Kids and go to the character Sonic you will see Boom Sonic which might be a sign that Sonic Boom will come to US Netflix

image.thumb.png.bfc9856f60014b82d690221d57a35236.png

It was previously Classic Sonic because Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground are already on Netflix so they must have changed it for a reason

What's wrong?

13 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

@RedFox99 @SpongicX

I'm leaving because people in this thread talk about how Cartoon Network is "mistreating" the show and it's sad to see

I really do hope that the show gets a 3rd season and moves to say Netflix so it can be treated better but I don't want to talk about it anymore

Also I'm not interested in using this website anymore

I hope you feel better soon.

yeah gets depressing. i understand man. you take care though. thanks for sticking with us as long as you did.

• Thumbs Up 2

More Sonic Boom season 2 episodes have been added to xfinity on demand cartoon network HD quality

Spoiler

597edc2da6b8c_Screenshot2017-07-31at3_26_32AM.thumb.png.f61df71630cae2facb3d4fdfc9e9978b.png

The anti-gravity ray episode didn't entertain me all that much. Amy rants about girls being inferior to boys in sports and Sonic only suggests saving the villagers from dying when one person (Amy) is bound to express themselves.

However, it did reference the song 'Jump' and the digging policy reminded me of a Power Rangers Time Force episode where the Green Ranger was told not to read minds. He saw it as a bad thing until (at the end of the episode) he was told that it is OK to read minds. As a kid, I never understood why mind-reading (for the Green Ranger) was bad one minute and good the next. But as I got older, I understood that he was only meant to use his powers when it is necessary (if it's an emergency or if someone's in danger).

The anti-gravity ray episode also did a callback to 'Sole Power'.

Edited by MysteriousGirl 92
  • Thumbs Up 1