Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

4 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I heard some people say that there likely won't be anymore Sonic Boom games or maybe even more Sonic Boom TV seasons because SEGA doesn't really talk about Sonic Boom now and I said before that I don't think Sonic Boom will continue except from the TV show

It could just be because of Sonic Mania & Sonic Forces maybe SEGA is just taking a break from Sonic Boom

Boom will probably get a third season, but yea it's sadly probably done after that. :(

Just now, do a barrel roll said:

One reason I hope Sonic Boom gets a season 3 is because Sonic Boom is the Sonic Universe where Amy Rose is better

That seems to have been the one thing people liked about the Universe at the time of ROL's release.

6 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

One reason I hope Sonic Boom gets a season 3 is because Sonic Boom is the Sonic Universe where Amy Rose is better

She's cool but she's not like, the best. I guess it depends on personal opinion and taste. I would say that Boom!Amy's main advantage over Game!Amy is that she actually gets to talk (also having actually good writers that care of what they're doing makes a LOT of difference in terms of quality) whereas Game!Amy, as well as the rest of the game cast, has had like only a few minutes of screentime at best and just sit on the sidelines while Sonic does everything in the newer games and their personalities and development seems like it has regressed since Pontaff took over writing. I still think Adventure Era Amy is best, personally. She had a nice balance of funny and cute and you know, actually being relevant to the plot. Archie Amy is pretty cool too, pre-reboot and post-reboot (Flynn's run though, Penders and Bollers really sucked at writing female characters, especially pre-teen girls. And she was funny in the old Archie comics too when she was just introduced)

32 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

She's cool but she's not like, the best. I guess it depends on personal opinion and taste. I would say that Boom!Amy's main advantage over Game!Amy is that she actually gets to talk (also having actually good writers that care of what they're doing makes a LOT of difference in terms of quality) whereas Game!Amy, as well as the rest of the game cast, has had like only a few minutes of screentime at best and just sit on the sidelines while Sonic does everything in the newer games and their personalities and development seems like it has regressed since Pontaff took over writing. I still think Adventure Era Amy is best, personally. She had a nice balance of funny and cute and you know, actually being relevant to the plot. Archie Amy is pretty cool too, pre-reboot and post-reboot (Flynn's run though, Penders and Bollers really sucked at writing female characters, especially pre-teen girls. And she was funny in the old Archie comics too when she was just introduced)

Maybe Forces will avert this for once.

51 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe Forces will avert this for once.

Yes, yes it would be really nice to see the game characters getting back on track again. At least we know that there will be cutscenes, the story will have higher stakes and probably be a bit longer that Lost World's? And with the radio communication system we will at least communication between Sonic and the other characters so they will definitely have more dialogue that in the newer modern games. I just hope this radio thing leads to actual conversations instead of a "You have to do this and then this and this is how you do this" like some sort of annoyingly over-bearing tutorial.

But back on track with Boom; i'm starting to think they're saving the supposed apperance of a game character and the comeback of Shadow and Metal for the final episodes of the season, if not for the big finale itself. 'Cause man it is taking is time doing it. I hope it pays up.

Also personally I still believe the game character that will appear is Vector. And that poster gives me some fuel to that theory, albeit a very small fuel.

• Thumbs Up 1

So this is what Sam said about Victory:

I find it curious that he mentioned Sonic, Eggman, and Amy's VAs. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

I totally agree on Adventure Era Amy, while some people found her annoying, I thought she was really fun and had a good balance of personality where she was a preppy girl who was driven and determined yet still had a lot of funny moments where she was a enegergetic and a tad hotheaded go-getter, which played off well with a lot of the other characters, she shined either way she was written IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, rosedust said:

I totally agree on Adventure Era Amy, while some people found her annoying, I thought she was really fun and had a good balance of personality where she was a preppy girl who was driven and determined yet still had a lot of funny moments where she was a enegergetic and a tad hotheaded go-getter, which played off well with a lot of the other characters, she shined either way she was written IMO.

Fair. Plus those games were probably the first ones to expand on her character.

In all honesty, Amy is written a lot better in other media like the comics and Boom. X however she was really flanderized.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Fair. Plus those games were probably the first ones to expand on her character.

In all honesty, Amy is written a lot better in other media like the comics and Boom. X however she was really flanderized.

100% agree. I still appreciate her in Sonic X, but it's obvious that they didn't focus enough on all dimensions of her personality, which was really annoying to see as a Amy fan. Though she did have her moments.

Just now, rosedust said:

100% agree. I still appreciate her in Sonic X, but it's obvious that they didn't focus enough on all dimensions of her personality, which was really annoying to see as a Amy fan. Though she did have her moments.

What were your favorite X!Amy moments?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

What were your favorite X!Amy moments?

The moment with the rose (though I'm not a Sonamy fan at all), her vs. Eggman and his henchman when they were being too loud, probably some others I'm forgetting.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

If Sonic Boom comes to Netflix US do you think we will be able to watch the show in Japanese since it has a Japanese dub now

It's possible, but if any dub were to be there besides English, it'll be French.

2 hours ago, rosedust said:

Sonic Adventure 2 was the first game I played to get me into the series. Oddly enough, I did not like Amy at first, I found her voice very annoying. Despite many claiming to not like her in Sonic X, I have Sonic X to thank for making Amy one of my favorite characters. She may have been extreme and easily angered in that show, but there was something about this version of Amy that got me to like her.

Her voice by Lisa Ortiz was a lot easier to listen to, it had a good balance of sweet and inoccent, to suddenly jump to angry or scared. I thought Ortiz gave Amy great personality and range. I thought Sonic X did a better job at showing how much Sonic means to her, and the show really made me feel sorry for her at times, especially in the first beach episode. There were times where we saw Amy start thinking it is foolish to think Sonic will ever want to be with her, but then she sees him do something for her, which causes her to regain hope. I loved that about Sonic X Amy, she had a lot of struggles, yet had a strong goal of wanting to protect who matters the most to her.

Sonic X managed to take a character I originally hated, yet turned her into one of my top 3 favorite characters. I got so excited when I saw the season 2 finale, although I'll admit I was pretty upset to find out the scene was heavily cut down for the English version. I personally liked the English dialogue of that scene better, but wish they didn't cut out the extra scenes of Amy running off to see Sonic, or Sonic picking her a rose.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, guys. I just checked U-Verse again, and apparently on the 12 August, a new episode called "Three Men" could air a series the 40th episode in Season 2.

IMG_7927.PNG

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Hey, guys. I just checked U-Verse again, and apparently on the 12 August, a new episode called "Three Men" could air a series the 40th episode in Season 2.

IMG_7927.PNG

Sounds mysterious, since Eggman is the only man in the show. Are they going to introduce 2 new human characters, or what?

1 minute ago, SpongicX said:

Sounds mysterious, since Eggman is the only man in the show. Are they going to introduce 2 new human characters, or what?

I mean it doesn't necessarily have to refer to a human "man". Could just be Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

IMG_7927.PNG

Seems like another Guys episode. 

24 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

...Three Men and a Baby. It was a movie about Three Men looking after a Baby. Evan Stanley's episode is about the characters watching over kids. Pretty sure that's what this is.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

...Three Men and a Baby. It was a movie about Three Men looking after a Baby. Evan Stanley's episode is about the characters watching over kids. Pretty sure that's what this is.

Oh, nice catch. This may very well be that episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Oh, nice catch. This may very well be that episode.

What about the sleepover part (I'm referring to the art from @Drawloverlala that Evan Stanley commented on over at tumblr)?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

What about the sleepover part (I'm referring to the art from @Drawloverlala that Evan Stanley commented on over at tumblr)?

I'm not sure, there might be a segment that has a sleepover in the episode, who knows?

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

I'm not sure, there might be a segment that has a sleepover in the episode, who knows?

Maybe. I wonder what will happen in the episode. Maybe in a twist Knuckles would be shown to be a competent babysitter, Maybe a callback to Herman from Give Bees A Chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Maybe. I wonder what will happen in the episode. Maybe in a twist Knuckles would be shown to be a competent babysitter, Maybe a callback to Herman from Give Bees A Chance.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

I'm hoping for the introduction of more humans, to see if they are always evil in this world, and why Eggman is the sole one on the island.

• Thumbs Up 2