Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Hmm, someone mentioned about something biting, and Gene responded with "getting warmer"

Something biting, that can make its surroundings warmer...

It's obvious referring to Vector therefore Knuckles Chaotix remake confirmed.

/thatsitmywritingqualityisdiminishingimofftobed

You found the computer room. Please insert five secret disks.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, WakanoBaka said:

HHHNNNNNNGGGGGGG

LORD, plz tell me I'm not being screwed with here.

Oh no, don't get the wrong idea. I don't know lol

I was just kidding around with Gabz. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Big's Fishing Adventure 3 & Knuckles confirmed...? v.png

This could literally be anything. I can't really lose sleep over this, but I'm stranded home because of inclement weather, so I have no other choice but to bum it around here for the next day or so. 

Stay saucy, SSMB. Shenanigans such as these are why I still go here. <3 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Like I said, if SEGA do a console exclusive at this point, Sony's their best bet. I doubt they'll go back to Nintendo with an NX release date unlike to hit the 25th Anniversary securely, and the Wii U proving bad for them in the past. 

You actually have a point. But i'm more leaning to a Steam-announcment the more i think of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wrong time to visit this thread. I had enough with these cockteases in my life...

But, I have a feeling it's either a Sonic Boom or Sonic 4: Episode 3 title.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do I get the strangest feeling you bastards are laughing up a storm at our reactions.....

I envy your humbleness right now...

• Thumbs Up 3

Ian being noticed by senpai, Rafa Knight being commissioned to do officially used CGI, 'Comic Sonic' finally mentioned by Sega in a more official capacity...come on guys, it's obvious, Sega finally finished that SatAM game from the 90's >.<

• Thumbs Up 1

The game is Sonic 3CD and Knuckles and Knuckles, isn't it?

Finally, break dancing Eggman will be a reality. I know it may be a game worse than Boom to some, but to me, it's the magnum opus of gaming.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd still be excited if it was something as mundane as an SoS/Boom event confirmation with dates. The sooner that happens, the better!

No actual Sonic Boom, pls. ;-;

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

Honestly, this is the community right now.

CRACK THE CODE.

BEN KALOUGH! THAT'S IT, I'LL BE A SUNNUVABITCH!

5 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Ian being noticed by senpai, Rafa Knight being commissioned to do officially used CGI, 'Comic Sonic' finally mentioned by Sega in a more official capacity...come on guys, it's obvious, Sega finally finished that SatAM game from the 90's >.<

*GASP*

Could it be...an Archie Sonic game???

Tables would be flipped if that happened. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

People saying Wii U did badly for Sega... what.

All-Stars Racing Transformed did as good if not better on Wii U than PS3 and 360.

On a console that was just launched with a userbase of like a million versus two consoles each with a userbase of 10's of millions.

Lost World didn't do as well, sure (it wasn't exactly a good game either), but the Steam version for one was a catastrophic bomb at less than 25,000 copies in 3 1/2 months worldwide and that's with a sale at $10 recently. Also isn't it fair to say Sonic Boom vastly overperformed since it was so awful? Boom did 600,000 on Wii U and 3DS in just a few months according to Sega. This is bad now for a game considered to be worse than Sonic '06?

And as far as Sony goes. One, Sonic Pictures does not equal Sony Interactive Entertainment (their new name), second, all of those deals are for IPs that have been basically exclusive anyway. Yakuza, outside of that one Wii U port of 1&2 HD is Sony-exclusive. PSO has been Sony exclusive since Phantasy Star 0 on DS (a long time ago), and Shenmue 3 has little to do with Sega,

How on Earth does Sonic fit into Sony here?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

All-Stars Racing Transformed did as good if not better on Wii U than PS3 and 360.

On a console that was just launched with a userbase of like a million versus two consoles each with a userbase of 10's of millions.

Lost World didn't do as well, sure (it wasn't exactly a good game either), but the Steam version for one was a catastrophic bomb at less than 25,000 copies in 3 1/2 months worldwide and that's with a sale at $10 recently. Also isn't it fair to say Sonic Boom vastly overperformed since it was so awful? Boom did 600,000 on Wii U and 3DS in just a few months according to Sega. This is bad now for a game considered to be worse than Sonic '06?

And as far as Sony goes. One, Sonic Pictures does not equal Sony Interactive Entertainment (their new name), second, all of those deals are for IPs that have been basically exclusive anyway. Yakuza, outside of that one Wii U port of 1&2 HD is Sony-exclusive. PSO has been Sony exclusive since Phantasy Star 0 on DS (a long time ago), and Shenmue 3 has little to do with Sega,

SEGA and Sony are seemingly working together on the forthcoming Yakuza 0 localisation, at least that's the impression I got from the announcement. And Phantasy Star's PS exclusivity means little when PSO2's main platform for years has been PC; and even before PS, even mobile got the thing.

Sonic didn't perform awfully on Wii U, but it's not their best interest to go back to it. When the best performing Sonic game is a spin-off racer, that's maybe not the best outlook. And calling Lost World's Steam figures makes no sense when it's been out for far less time than the Wii U version.

Even for a game as bad as Boom, 600,000 across Wii U and 3DS combined is abysmal. 

Given the huge success of the PS4, Sony establishing more deals (a la Street Fighter V) and the other stuff I mentioned, Sony and Sonic seems a far more suitable fit right now. 

I just don't see it. PS4 even with its numbers doesn't exactly scream being suitable for a mascot platformer. Let's not forget that Splatoon, a new IP from Nintendo managed to sell 4 million on Wii U.

Also let's not forget Sega and Nintendo still work together as well. Most specifically on Rio 2016 and recently Smash. Both of which are related to Sonic.

14 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

Lost World didn't do as well, sure, but the Steam version for one was a catastrophic bomb at less than 25,000 copies in 3 1/2 months worldwide, and isn't it fair to say Sonic Boom vastly overperformed since it was so awful? Boom did 600,000 on Wii U and 3DS in just a few months according to Sega. This is bad now for a game considered to be worse than Sonic '06?

Pretty sure when people say the Wii U did poorly for Sega they're referring to the Nintendo-exclusive partnership deal that had Sonic's next three games Nintendo-exclusive, rather than just Sonic(-related) games released on it in general. But even if that wasn't the case, how is that statement not untrue otherwise? Both Lost World U and Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014 sold worse than their console predecessors (Generations --or Colors if you want a comparison to an earlier Nintendo exclusive Sonic title-- and Mario and Sonic London 2012). Meanwhile, Rise of Lyric is on record for being one of the worst-selling Sonic titles in the history of the series--and it was when the Wii U had a considerably better installbase than when it had a year ago when Lost World and Mario and Sonic 2014 launched.

While its worth acknowledging that none of the games weren't exactly the best (especially so with Rise of Lyric), it's really no secret that the Wii U's installbase was a huge millstone that played a big role in their sales (under)performance. Speaking as someone who owns a Wii U and greatly enjoys it, the next major Sonic title --whatever it is-- would have a much better chance of success being multiplatform (regardless if it also comes to the Wii U or it doesn't).

1 minute ago, Inspector Gabe said:

Pretty sure when people say the Wii U did poorly for Sega they're referring to the Nintendo-exclusive partnership deal, rather than just Sonic games released on it in general. But even if that wasn't the case, how is that statement not untrue otherwise? Both Lost World U and Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014 sold worse than their console predecessors (Generations --or Colors if you want a comparison to an earlier Nintendo exclusive Sonic title-- and Mario and Sonic London 2012). Meanwhile, Rise of Lyric is on record for being one of the worst-selling Sonic titles in the history of the series--and it was when the Wii U had a considerably better installbase than when it had a year ago when Lost World and Mario and Sonic 2014 launched.

While its worth acknowledging that none of the games weren't exactly the best (especially so with Rise of Lyric), it's really no secret that the Wii U's installbase was a huge millstone that played a big role in their sales (under)performance. Speaking as someone who owns a Wii U and greatly enjoys it, the next major Sonic title --whatever it is-- would have a much better chance of success being multiplatform (regardless if it also comes to the Wii U or it doesn't).

My question to you; do you really think Sonic Lost World and Rise of Lyric would've sold more on PS4 and XBO?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ouya/N-Gage six month timed exclusivity deal. Crowdfunded. Free to start. Season pass. Microtransactions everywhere. Day one preorder bonus DLC exclusively at Joe's Electronic Shack. Featuring Spider-Man.  Controllable with Power glove and Wii balance board, NX port to utilize Wii Vitality Sensor. PS4 edition played only with Wonderbook.  Final Destination.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

I just don't see it. PS4 even with its numbers doesn't exactly scream being suitable for a mascot platformer. Let's not forget that Splatoon, a new IP from Nintendo managed to sell 4 million on Wii U.

Also let's not forget Sega and Nintendo still work together as well. Most specifically on Rio 2016 and recently Smash. Both of which are related to Sonic.

There's plenty of hype surrounding the likes of Ratchet and Clank on PS4, Sonic would do fine there.

Rio is just an expected thing by now, and Smash is something else entirely.