Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

For some reason I don't trust people who say that "they have inside information from an inside source", unless the person saying it truly does have connections. We shall see, but I'm a little skeptical. 

Don't worry, we actually do know stuff this time around.

11 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Do we have a day for when this is dropping? 

Because I need to go grocery shopping soon, and I need to know if I should buy popcorn or not.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm actually getting jittery

Typically, it's a Thursday.

A lots gonna go down, 

• Thumbs Up 5

Timmit said bad news on the previous page.

But why is it bad? How can it be worse than Boom? For some reason I fear that it may be that Sonic will be mobile only from this year onwards (if there's a console game this year, it'll be the last one), or something like that.

Sighhh. Why did it have to be bad news....

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

Gene pls.

ANd by the way, who said it was going to be bad news?

Given the state of the fanbase -- whatever the news is, it'll be bad news to someone.

• Thumbs Up 8

6 minutes ago, Scar said:

Timmit said bad news on the previous page.

But why is it bad? How can it be worse than Boom? For some reason I fear that it may be that Sonic will be mobile only from this year onwards (if there's a console game this year, it'll be the last one), or something like that.

Sighhh. Why did it have to be bad news....

I think he's joking about it being worse than Boom. I don't know, though.

''Stick around"  

Sticks confir- Dang it Indigo! You beat me to it!

Anyway, I love how everyone here is basically peeing themselves worrying that we'll get bad news and possibly a bad Sonic game worse than Boom.

Meanwhile I'm here being rather eager to know what's coming up.;)

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Mat.W said:

haha

8 minutes ago, Mat.W said:

Please no more misery

sed.png

I know you're new, but the rules particularly state we don't do non-contributive posts, especially of the image macro or one-word/one-sentence variety. I'm letting you go for now, but just keep it mind next time you make posts, dude. :)

Also, Motwera has nothing to do with what they say so the "stick around" point is moot. Nothing to see there, guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Did Gene mean to capitalise the b on big?

Assuming this is true...well...

feburaryannouncement.png

It was either the hedgehog day thing or something else.

emot-ssh.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

emot-ssh.gif

Though I can't help but wonder if this is something like Big is going back into retirement, or something along those lines, because that would both be the worst news since Boom and justify the nerves. 

The tears of the fan base make a nice 'pond'. If it gets 'big' enough one could even 'fish' in it. Might even need a 'flotation device' of sorts to stay afloat. 

Have I missed any more possible fishing related puns Gene?

Ah whats the use, no ones 'biting'...

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm wondering if this means a re-boot?

I mean, not everyone here would hate that, but a significant chunk of Sonic fans would be absolutely PO'd at yet another "new start" to the franchise so soon after Boom happened.

Big's basically still in "retirement", to be fair. I mean, he was in Runners, but that game had Omega and (even more surprising) Tikal, among others that are similarly unlikely to have major appearances nowadays.

So maybe the announcement is that he'll definitely be in future main series games. There's some objectively wrong people out there who hate Big enough for them to consider that worse news than Boom, right?

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, KHCast said:

If it was a reboot, wonder if Sonic officially has rebooted more than Spider-Man lol.

Sonic rebooted? I knew 06 was mean`t to be a reboot but that failed.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

If it was a reboot, wonder if Sonic officially has rebooted more than Spider-Man lol.

Sonic has not had any reboots.

Also it would be kinda odd, adverts showing classic, modern and Boom Sonic, tons of merch showing all the Boom/modern cast and classic characters.

Only for Sega to go, lolz reboots!

• Thumbs Up 7

10 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm wondering if this means a re-boot?

I mean, not everyone here would hate that, but a significant chunk of Sonic fans would be absolutely PO'd at yet another "new start" to the franchise so soon after Boom happened.

Why would they make another reboot?

3 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

I HIGHLY doubt it's a reboot since Iizuka confirmed that the main Sonic isn't going anywhere.

This was only in regards to his design. A reboot could mean changing things beyond that. Like the artstyle of the series or many of the plot elements and characters for example.

Yeah, put the reboot idea out of your head. It'd make no sense for the reasons Hogfather said.

No idea what it could be, but I'm wary. 

• Thumbs Up 6