Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

People who want another 06 are idiots.  They seriously want game that almost killed the series and single handly killed the series's reputation?  Fucking morons.

46 minutes ago, Silly name the animal said:

People who want another 06 are idiots.  They seriously want game that almost killed the series and single handly killed the series's reputation?  Fucking morons.

Knock this off.

By the way this isn't a Sonic 2006 topic.

• Thumbs Up 7

People would get over Sonic 06 if everyone stopped giving every fan who's a hold-out extended time of day by responding with tired-ass arguments and patronizing insults. Seriously, the hypocrisy is palpable. Get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 5

Pizza_Clip_Inside_Out_zpsf5xbgc7j.gif

Hey! I've had a great idea! Remember that Collector's Edition we got for Generations? The one with the box with the things inside?

81nqyrSQhmL._SX385_.jpg

Yeah! That one!

Wouldn't it be cool to get another one of those for this year's release? I'm still thinking about what I'd personally like to see inside it. I mean the Artbook is a nice safe item to include but beyond that who knows. Maybe a little replica classic monitor with some swappable pictures could be nifty to replace the ring from the Generations one.

What would you guys want if they make another?

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, LiamTheAnimator said:

Pizza_Clip_Inside_Out.gif

Hey! Remember that Collector's Edition we got for Generations? The one with the box with the things inside?

81nqyrSQhmL._SX385_.jpg

Yeah! That one!

Wouldn't it be cool to get another one of those for this year's release? I'm still thinking about what I'd personally like to see inside it. I mean the Artbook is a nice safe item to include but beyond that who knows. Maybe a little replica classic monitor with some swappable pictures could be nifty to replace the ring from the Generations one.

Yeah,no. I didn't like that, and I think they won't do that again. Sorry,but I want to not think that,but remember the LAST preorder bonus? *cough*25 lives*cough*

2 hours ago, Iamaspaz said:

2 hours ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

Hey! I've had a great idea! Remember that Collector's Edition we got for Generations? The one with the box with the things inside?

81nqyrSQhmL._SX385_.jpg

Yeah! That one!

Pretty much just what I'm seeing here, this looks great! I never got any of this stuff when Sonic Generations came out, so I'd like kind of a "second chance" with this year's game.

Edited by Nepenthe

3 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

81nqyrSQhmL._SX385_.jpg

Yeah! That one!

What I'd most want would be for it to actually come to America this time. >:|

To actually answer your question, though, I'd definitely like to see a figurine or statue of some sort again, since I'm a sucker for physical collectibles of characters. It'd be cool if it featured Sonic in a more action-y running or jumping pose rather than just standing. Beyond that, I like your idea of the customizable monitor. I'm not sure what else they could do to top Generations' CE since it did have a nice mix of cool stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't we invite Ruby here? It's clear we don't have much to talk about, and maybe he would give us some entertaining riddles about the new game.

Edited by Nepenthe

20 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Pretty much just what I'm seeing here, this looks great! I never got any of this stuff when Sonic Generations came out, so I'd like kind of a "second chance" with this year's game.

I wound up missing out as well for one reason or another so I'm in the same boat. If there's any kind of compilation or re-releases on current gen consoles this year then maybe a free copy of that could be nice to bundle in.

26 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

81nqyrSQhmL._SX385_.jpg

Yeah! That one!

It's a good idea, but I don't want it to be exclusive to just one region like last time. What's with Europe getting all the cool pre-order stuff anyway? Like most recently, those papercrafts that came with Mario and Luigi Paper Jam (Or Paper Jam Bros as they call it over there) were exclusive to Europe IIRC.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, molul said:

Can't we invite Ruby here? It's clear we don't have much to talk about, and maybe he would give us some entertaining riddles about the new game.

That would be a bad idea, if I must be honest. I'd be worried about how hostile things would get. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On the bit about statues, I'm not really the type that holds much interest in merchandise materials, but I do hope that if we do get a special edition of the 25th game with statues/booklets/other neat gizmos, hopefully it's available in all territories at least, or each territory gets its own special thing. Europe and Australia getting the Generations collector's edition boxset while NA didn't was kinda painful. Although Japan didn't get it either, I think they got something else that was pretty good on its own terms for their troubles. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Since 25th anniversary celebrations usually has a silver theme going on with it, I'm kinda expecting a collector's edition that has a predominant silver color scheme with everything that goes along with it. Like a Sonic statue with a silver paint job, a silver-rendered boxart of the game, that type of jazz. That would be pretty nice (fact that I'm a fan of the color silver in general notwithstanding...).

With all those teases from Webber, at this point I will be really disappointed if there isn't anything Adventure related for this anniversary.

I might be setting my expectations too high for nothing, but I'm just too optimistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

81nqyrSQhmL._SX385_.jpg

Yeah! That one!

Please no... I can't afford this again :-/

I still have that statue and ring lying in my room. The box is on my closet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did Gene mean to capitalise the b on big?

Assuming this is true...well...

feburaryannouncement.png

It was either the hedgehog day thing or something else.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

If there is an announcement I hope there's some meat to it. No announcements of announcements, no "here's a silhouette of a logo that could mean anything", give us something with enough content to actually have a conversation about.

Nah man a silhouette of a logo is plenty for this fanbase to talk about.

• Thumbs Up 3