Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, TimmiT said:

05bM19E.gif

I'm going to say no. I mean "worse than Sonic Boom" doesn't exactly fit this. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

Wait, THAT'S the big secret? Congrats but still...

Wait a minute, that wasn't a joke?! Whaaaaaaa....????

Eeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh....

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh cool, right when I was having a good streak of not wanting to punch anyone in the throat today.

Good news for you, honest congrats, but c'mon, man, shit...

EDIT: Oh, it was Gene that got that got the promotion. Didn't click on the link.

• Thumbs Up 4

Congratulations Gene!

so

when are you gonna start leakin' that sweet sonic adventure 3 information

I'm happy for you, but can I say there was deliberate misleading going on? How does this in any way, shape or form, fit the hint "worse than Sonic Boom"? Please explain.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sorry that you guys all got yourself hyped up about nothing. Please direct your saltiness towards me rather than Gene though, I'm the one who brought it up here.

Just now, TimmiT said:

Sorry that you guys all got yourself hyped up about nothing. Please direct your saltiness towards me rather than Gene though, I'm the one who brought it up here.

Fuck you.

How many more teases must be made before we get any actual announcements?

3 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

I admit it got bigger than anticipated, haha. I know the thirst is real (believe me, I'm looking forward to the new news too), but I do assure you more good stuff is coming.

Granted the alternative was Skyler was going to post up a fake SA3 trailer (you know the one...) tomorrow to mask the announcement, but when this started getting covered by larger sites... yep, had to reel it in.

Big puns.

I do look forward to entertaining you and making Sonic's 25th the best it can be (for better or for worse!) As today's Iblis Trigger, feel free to unleash the flamethrowers if this actually legit upset you

Congragulations dude wish you success.

Man

All this salt

I thought we learned after SEGA 3D Classics Collection

2 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

I'm happy for you, but can I say there was deliberate misleading going on? How does this in any way, shape or form, fit the hint "worse than Sonic Boom"? Please explain.

I felt from the start that was gonna be tounge-in-cheek. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Detective Hero of Legend said:

Well, people who know me say I'm a complete glitchy mess that somehow made Gold and release. How I'm still alive, no one knows

• Thumbs Up 4

So. What does this mean?

This means that yet another Sonic Retro member has done business with Sega in some form.

Oh, and it means that a member of the community has access to news before the rest of us by default.

Seriously, stop being salty. This is a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, TimmiT said:

Hype flushed down the drain.

Nice joke though. I actually thought it was real for a sec!:P

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

So. What does this mean?

This means that yet another Sonic Retro member has done business with Sega in some form.

Oh, and it means that a member of the community has access to news before the rest of us by default.

I can't see how this is a good thing when it's led to there being nothing but disappointment this year.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not upset by the news, it's just the misleading. I thought with how the fanbase reacts to things, this phrase would be remembered more; "choose your words carefully".

You could've said this:

- It's not a game announcement

- It's not even about the Sonic franchise

- It's something more personal

Stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 7

This is why I hate cockteases. The monkey never learns.

Congratulations on getting the job though, Gene. =)

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

So. What does this mean?

That's all good, I don't think some of us are salty because of his announcement. It's the cocktease that lead us believing we are getting a Sonic game announcement.

4 minutes ago, GoldfishGroup said:

Fuck you.

How many more teases must be made before we get any actual announcements?

Jeez uh okay that's some salt.

Eh, I really don't find any humor in getting people hyped up for practically nothing at all, especially not after all the nothingness of 2015. I wasn't even really hyped up myself (mostly to avoid disappointments like this), but I can't help just feeling annoyed.

• Thumbs Up 6