Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

I'm guessing they've just read the same post on Retro as us but I'm not sure where the "major change" idea is coming from.

• Thumbs Up 1

can we please get a GOOD sonic game for once?

the answer is the same as always but PLEASE COmE ON FOR ONCE GIVE ME A GOOD SONIC GAME

• Thumbs Up 1

Reminds of what Sega of America's chief operating office said

"When we look at bringing Sonic to modern-day gamers, we ... obviously want to appeal to as many people as possible but still focus on what it means to be Sonic and a Sonic game," he explained.

"Maybe that might lose some fans along the road, but we're picking up new fans that will hopefully grow with us as Sonic grows."

Could this be what he was talking about?

21 minutes ago, Cola said:

can we please get a GOOD sonic game for once?

the answer is the same as always but PLEASE COmE ON FOR ONCE GIVE ME A GOOD SONIC GAME

Posts like these are really annoying. I guess none of the games we've gotten since after Sonic '06 qualify as good in your eyes? Even if not, would you care to talk about what you'd like to see instead of just saying, "I just want a good game, gosh!"?

• Thumbs Up 5

34 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

This and Timmit's post are getting me excited for all the wrong reasons. I mean, I thought Boom's initial announcement was already a pretty low point for the franchise, but if they manage to outdo that, hoo boy.

Watch it be some Big-related joke.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lose some fans along the way huh..watch them officially cut the cast back to just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal and Eggman and see the sparks fly.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

I'm guessing they've just read the same post on Retro as us but I'm not sure where the "major change" idea is coming from.

Well putting that part in mind, I'm doubting it's a big game announcement, more something to do with whatever else they're planning for the celebration.  Might be a major staff change, or some other new sub franchise like Boom for all we know.  A part of me suggests it's something to do with Sonic's design, but I believe Iizuka said in an interview that he plans on keeping Sonic's current look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like they did in lost world?

5 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Lose some fans along the way huh..watch them officially cut the cast back to just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal and Eggman and see the sparks fly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Worst than Boom, huh? The only thing I can think of is hyper realistic sonic, a fps sonic game, or a sonic mmo game ( with character creation, of course). 

Whatever it is , I'm very curious about it.

Sicken but curious....

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully this news that is "worse than Sonic Boom" doesn't kill Sonic for anyone since Sonic Boom: RoL was a major low point in the franchise

And sure, I sound pessimistic but I say this because there are lots of people that have lost faith in the Sonic series because of Boom: ROL, so I can't possibly imagine how bad this could be. I'm taking caution

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I have been following this topic very closely, and I have no idea where this "worse than Sonic Boom" thing suddenly came from. Anyone care to fill me in?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

Guys, I really do not know what they are actually hinting exactly at, I am still speculating as much as you guys aside from (Tim and Gene and few others who know this, I assume)

Do we have a day for when this is dropping? 

Because I need to go grocery shopping soon, and I need to know if I should buy popcorn or not.

Spoiler

I'm actually getting jittery

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Motwera said:

Guys, I really do not know what they are actually hinting exactly at, I am still speculating as much as you guys aside from (Tim and Gene and few others who know this, I assume)

Oh don't worry I understood that when I quoted you. It was really the "big change" bit that prompted me to post since I hadn't seen that mentioned so far, only that "an" announcement is coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, an announcement coming this week - this very week - aboot Sonic??

1 hour ago, TimmiT said:

It's the worst Sonic news that we have gotten in a long time. Worse than Sonic Boom.

Oh dearie me, I don't know what to even expect, but can someone please build a boat for the wave'o'madness that might hit us? :V

But really, I got no idea what this might even be. I really hope whatever it is, that it won't at least be some mobile game or whatever - and I do hope it's a main Sonic adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

For some reason I don't trust people who say that "they have inside information from an inside source", unless the person saying it truly does have connections. We shall see, but I'm a little skeptical. 

• Thumbs Up 3