Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Sonikko said:

http://www.gamesradar.com/dating-advice-real-sonic-hedgehog/

Gamesradar published an article where they ask Sonic various questions about love, and the final paragraph is the following:

That most likely means nothing, but the "Chao to raise" part looked interesting to me. Could it be a new hint?

Haha, that is dope. And definitely means nothing.

• Thumbs Up 6

The february 9th graphic is quite surprising!!  i wasn't expecting anything like that.

It does seem like there will be a special 2D game.  I think there must be very much less stigma compared to the other 3s in the series to suggest, could it be anything like Sonic & Tails 3 ??

(Just for any one who may not know, Sonic Chaos & Triple Trouble have the original names Sonic & Tails , and Sonic & Tails 2 in Japan and some other countries ) :)

I'm not sure it would literally be called Sonic & Tails 3 or necessarily connect to that series, but that there is some potential waiting there with that series that is much more possible to meet. 

I do also wonder if a 2D game could be a prelude/prologue to a possible 3D game whether it is released this year or not. ^__^

31 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

The february 9th graphic is quite surprising!!  i wasn't expecting anything like that.

It does seem like there will be a special 2D game.  I think there must be very much less stigma compared to the other 3s in the series to suggest, could it be anything like Sonic & Tails 3 ??

(Just for any one who may not know, Sonic Chaos & Triple Trouble have the original names Sonic & Tails , and Sonic & Tails 2 in Japan and some other countries ) :)

I'm not sure it would literally be called Sonic & Tails 3 or necessarily connect to that series, but that there is some potential waiting there with that series that is much more possible to meet. 

I do also wonder if a 2D game could be a prelude/prologue to a possible 3D game whether it is released this year or not. ^__^

Speaking of the Game Gear/Master System titles, a sequel to the 8-bit games would definitely be (somewhat) interesting

In terms of the possible new 2D game, the 2D (classic) sections in Generations were pretty good and they should go back to that

That would be very good wouldn't it!  the game(s) would be shown with final builds at e3 certainly, and then released not too long after.  The project/game etc overall may be preview'd for a bit prior to e3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic games have been holiday releases for years. Don't see why they'd change that; and if they were to release in June, why miss the anniversary release date by a day?  EDIT: 7 is July, bloody hell

This conspiracy theorising is hilarious, but I feel we're getting desperate trying to link this stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

Because 7 is July.

...I am not smart.

Either way, point about the holiday release stands. 

Haha no problem I was just kidding. Either way, I can't see why not release the game during summer. It's also vacation time in a lot of places and less busy than the holiday season. And SEGA released their Sonic games way before christmas, Generations was released very early November so was Lost World...

Personally I think Sonic games could actually benefit not releasing their games during the holiday season for a change. Sonic nowadays gets showed up when the bigger titles come along, a result of the series being far from its Genesis or even its Dreamcast/sixth-gen era days of success. The sales report of Generations selling 1.85 million in three months prompted some people to conclude that it sold poorly, but that's ignoring a bunch of major titles were released during the 2011 holiday season (Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Mario 3D Land, Skylanders, etc...I already touched on this bit roughly a month ago, but eh) that arguably dwarfed Generations' chances of success. Instances like this rang especially true for the Sonic games caught up in the Nintendo-exclusive partnership, which came with the extra baggage of not being too great and (in the case of the console games) being (initially) exclusive to a console with a small installbase. So in light of that, I don't think it would hurt seeing a Sonic title actually make a summer or early fall release for once.

This isn't to speak in defense of the legitimacy of the above theory, I just felt like giving my two cents about Sonic releases in light of that subject being brought up.

• Thumbs Up 8

It seems there's a "new" press release for the 25th Anniversary figures:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tomy-celebrates-25-years-of-sonic-the-hedgehog-with-limited-edition-anniversary-product-debuting-at-toy-fair-2016-300217924.html

"New" being in quotation marks as there's nothing really groundbreaking that we didn't know before. However, it looks like the figures will be available not just in a 3-pack with a commemorative coin, but also in a 2-pack with a comic like what Jazwares did in the past.

Hopefully we can actually see pictures of the real figures before Toy Fair ends.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just beat me to it!

I notice that press release says debuts at the Toy Fair (Judging by the date I'm assuming NYC) so I'm not sure if there's something we haven't seen yet or if they're just not accounting for the London show.

The reason I was going to post it was for this line:

The Sonic 25th Anniversary products from TOMY will hit retailers in Fall 2016

I imagine they'll want the anniversary toys to be out relatively near the big game for this year so I think we might be looking at another October/ November release.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Sonic games have been holiday releases for years. Don't see why they'd change that; and if they were to release in June, why miss the anniversary release date by a day?  EDIT: 7 is July, bloody hell

I never said it was a main series release. Keep in mind, Sonic Runners was released worldwide in June.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

This conspiracy theorising is hilarious, but I feel we're getting desperate trying to link this stuff. 

Honestly, with cryptic hints like this to work with, I think a little conspiracy theorizing is required at this point.

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

There's not going to be a point where we "solve" this and someone from Sega says "good job, here's the trailer for Sonic 2016 a month early!" or anything like that. 

As much as something like this would make me happy, this is sadly true

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

There's not going to be a point where we "solve" this and someone from Sega says "good job, here's the trailer for Sonic 2016 a month early!" or anything like that.

"Fanbase Does a Thing"

Coming to YouTube, 2016.

• Thumbs Up 8

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Or we could just wait for them to officially announce whatever they're planning.

I mean, I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but no matter how much you poke at the numbers, it's not going to get us real info any sooner. There's not going to be a point where we "solve" this and someone from Sega says "good job, here's the trailer for Sonic 2016 a month early!" or anything like that. We've been getting vague hints likely pointing towards an intended reveal date, and that's about it.

Well I mean, yeah, obviously there's not going to be some kind of reward for figuring out the numbers, but it's still fun to do. I'm not really expecting much, but they've been hinting at this for months, so I figure it's still at least something worth figuring out, even if there's not going to be a big fanfare at the end. It's just a fun little thing for the fans to try and solve.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a theory, but its not related to numbers.

It seems Sega has been dabbling in mind control in the last few games.

First in Colours, it was stated that Eggman had a mind control weapon powered by alien energy. In Generations, he somehow made the time eater obey him by making its body into a machine. In Lost World, we had Tails almost get mind controlled again. Finally, in Runners, Eggman found a way to use chaos energy to power the mind controlling weapon.

Does it feel like a build up to...something? 

its just a theory. Dont take it too seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

So far every time they've used mind control in the recent games it's been tossed out almost as quickly as it was introduced.

I'd love to see interesting scenarios of Sonic characters being turned against eachother like that but so far it's just been implemented so... badly.

• Thumbs Up 5

26 minutes ago, JmTsHaW said:

So far every time they've used mind control in the recent games it's been tossed out almost as quickly as it was introduced.

I'd love to see interesting scenarios of Sonic characters being turned against eachother like that but so far it's just been implemented so... badly.

I would like that, or a secret wars situation. 

As far as the post above goes invovling the " code" i'm for waiting, they aren't going to divulge what it is, even if anyone gets it. Because , you don't do that. You let the marketing campaign play out. Also it sonic, so I'm kind of on the "wait because there is a good chance its half assed " team. 

I would love see to a situation (possibly a game) where Eggman actually does succeed in mind-controlling the main cast and everyone on earth, finally ruling the world with everyone except Sonic under his control and turning all of them against Sonic forcing him with no choice but to fight them all and giving them a good beating to snap them out of it.

It's been a long time since we had character vs character battles in the series.

• Thumbs Up 2