Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Dan-Dude said:

It's been a long time since we had character vs character battles in the series.

It hasn't been long at all. Generations featured several vs. Character battles, and if you want to get technical, a handful of the fights vs. the Zeti could also fall under that tagline.

I do agree that it is something that needs to continue though. Gens had some of the best character battles in the series (Metal, Shadow and SIlver were all highly enjoyable) and there are plenty more characters that could put up a good fight. Tearing up Eggman's mechs is all good and fun, but there is a special kind of enjoyment to be had watching characters lay claim to their spot in the pecking order.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

It hasn't been long at all. Generations featured several vs. Character battles, and if you want to get technical, a handful of the fights vs. the Zeti could also fall under that tagline.

I do agree that it is something that needs to continue though. Gens had some of the best character battles in the series (Metal, Shadow and SIlver were all highly enjoyable) and there are plenty more characters that could put up a good fight. Tearing up Eggman's mechs is all good and fun, but there is a special kind of enjoyment to be had watching characters lay claim to their spot in the pecking order.

I wasn't specific enough. I meant as in playable character vs playable character as in the style of the Adventure games, Heroes, and 06. Yes, they're were all flawed and executed rather poorly but It was still pretty cool to another character from a different story from your current character's perspective.

When was the last time Sonic ever fought Knuckles anyway?

7 minutes ago, Dan-Dude said:

I wasn't specific enough. I meant as in playable character vs playable character as in the style of the Adventure games, Heroes, and 06. Yes, they're were all flawed and executed rather poorly but It was still pretty cool to another character from a different story from your current character's perspective.

When was the last time Sonic ever fought Knuckles anyway?

you know, if the game is generations 2 and it has other playable characters I actually wouldn't mind it.

anyways, last time he fought him was adventure.

15 minutes ago, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

anyways, last time he fought him was adventure.

There are a few more fights we can take note of since then, if you want to count the entire series.

He duels with Knux in Sonic Battle (2003/4)

He also crosses swords with Gawain in Black Knight (2009)

and I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess you can find one or two fights between the two during the campaign mode of the Sonic Rivals series too (2006/7).

• Thumbs Up 2

Both the Adventure games, and Heroes for that matter, handled character bouts so poorly, though - Beating anyone in Adventure 1 is no challenge at all, but in Adventure 2 they are just weird and nonsensical. I'm still not sure how you actually beat Shadow/Sonic in the final boss fight of Adventure 2, despite the fact I've done it a couple of times. Same with Knuckles/Rouge.

Generations did it right - one small qualm would be that Metal Sonic should have been a race, ala CD, but I didn't feel like I had just mashed the attack buttons to beat them by chance. 

The fights have been hit or miss, particularly with the early 3D titles. Those games were not very creative, and it was very clear that the devs were treading new water with both adventure games and heroes as far as those boss battles went. The were so focused on keeping the opposition within the realms of what the player character could do, that they limited their imagination on what a boss battle could be. 06 was painfully stuck in this rut. The Sonic/Shadow/Silver fights were made dull by that handicap on creativity. The Sonic Rush series was one of the first games in that era to make a quality stab at it (Vs. Sonic/Blaze and the Vs. Whiskers/Johnny) by rewriting character move-sets to fit the battle.

FastForward to some of the better more recent fights and I think Sonic Team has accepted the Rush approach. They aren't afraid to introduce new abilities and mechanics in these character bouts (Like power cores vs Shadow or Silvers psi knives). Combine that with the spectacle angle brought on by games like Unleashed, and we've got some really interesting vs. fights on the horizon.

I can only hope the next game keeps on building on this trend. There are other characters with powers that fall right in line with what they are trying to do. Silver might have to take a back seat for a while but Shadow and Metal will be likely candidates for such fights in every game they appear in. Other roster spots can easily be taken up by the firestorm spewing kitty, or an earth shattering Echidna. Heck, I'd even like to see what they could do with a fight vs. Tails. I can only imagine all the booby traps and how badly the kit would punish every mistake.

sigh... so many possibilities. This new game can't come soon enough.

• Thumbs Up 5

Join the Adventure.....

Multi-Generational.....

Well, the two front-runners are right there in that advert. God, they are trolling us from all angles with this.

• Thumbs Up 5

16 minutes ago, Jango said:

Where is this from, Hogdad?

Random licensing magazine. 

Also can you please check you PM's, I sent you a message the other day.

its gonna be called sonic adventurations

its not sonic 06 2 or gens two or thou shall not be named trequel

its Amy the hedgehog 06

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

its Amy the hedgehog 06

Yeah, I'm pretty sure an 06 2 won't happen. But I wouldn't mind an 06 remaster. SEGA would have the chance to fix up the glitches and polish the game

its Amy the hedgehog 06

Yeah, I'm pretty sure an 06 2 won't happen. But I wouldn't mind an 06 remaster. SEGA would have the chance to fix up the glitches and polish the game

So, basically, an entire new game. Yeeeeeah, sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Polish is far from what 06 needed. Lots of great games are unpolished. 06 is fucked. Polishing it wouldn't make it good.

This is true. Even without the glitches, terrible controls and wonky physics, the story would still be needlessly convoluted and melodramatic, (most) of the voice acting would still be really crappy, the visuals would still be strangely hyper-realistic, about half of the characters still wouldn't be very fun to play as, and the level design would still be shit. Sonic '06 needs a lot more than polish, it would need to literally be remade from the ground up, and by that point, you might as well just make a new game altogether.

• Thumbs Up 3

Even if 06 was redone to have better gameplay and graphics, the story alone would still be fucking garbage.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/13/2016 at 3:08 PM, Diogenes said:

Removing humans and using lazer guns. Fixes a lot of sonic stories. Not a joke actually. The mentallity than sonic japan has where sonic needs to hang with humans doesnt work...most of the time.

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

I still for the life of me can't understand how anyone sees anything worth redeeming out of '06 when even its arguably best qualities are still done much better in objectively superior games. Worldbuilding? Unleashed still hasn't been beaten in that. Story tone? SA2 had that downpat. Character rosters? '06 literally has the worst, so you could point to anything from Sonic 3 to SA1 and they'd still have a leg up. Even if you take in 06 from the standpoint of tearing everything the fuck down and rebuilding from the ground up, Sonic Boom still did a better job of it, and that is saying a fucking lot.

Just let it die.

Seriously, this!

Sonic 06 is an unfixable mess. What the fuck to people see in this game that can be redeemed? What has so much potential that you feel the need to hold on to it? What?! Even SEGA is trying to forget about this trash pile of a game. Just like this game die and never let it breathe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

Seriously, this!

Sonic 06 is an unfixable mess. What the fuck to people see in this game that can be redeemed? What has so much potential that you feel the need to hold on to it? What?! Even SEGA is trying to forget about this trash pile of a game. Just like this game die and never let it breathe. 

Sega don't seem to want to forget it. They acknowledge it happened and did the adult thing. They moved on. They joke now and then but they say "It happened. Get over it." I recommend everyone do the same and let the hate go. 06 has nothing to do with where we are going.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Detective Tenth Doctor said:

Sega don't seem to want to forget it. They acknowledge it happened and did the adult thing. They moved on. They joke now and then but they say "It happened. Get over it." I recommend everyone do the same and let the hate go. 06 has nothing to do with where we are going.

I am over it. I just want to know why people want remakes of this game, that's all. Something I'll never understand

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

I am over it. I just want to know why people want remakes of this game, that's all. Something I'll never understand

Saying Choking it to death doesn't sound over it to me. 

People ask for a remake for one reason. It's incomplete. They want to see what it would be like if it was finished. I know it wasn't great but hey, people are always fascinated to dig into things cut from games or hell, things that never were. I'll admit, the stuff hidden in the code would have been interesting to see in motion. 

As for the fans...they are Sonic fans. You know how we can be a bit...eccentric. Some are obsessed with Adventure 3. Some are obsessed with Boom. And some are obsessed with 06. They can like what they want, we just ignore them and all is fine. 06 holds no keys to the future.

• Thumbs Up 6