Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

I don't understand this post.

What I meant is that if anything,that announcement will most likely be a update to fire and ice.

20 hours ago, Sean said:

Where the hell did this come from? Attitudes like yours are why we don't allow SA3 topics in the first place, so knock it off.

Well sowwy, I guess some people don't understand the concept of sarcasm/humor.

6 minutes ago, Idon'tcare said:

Well sowwy, I guess some people don't understand the concept of sarcasm/humor.

Can someone give this guy a brain,because he certainly doesn't have one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Marcello said:

Platforms will presumably be PS4/XBO/PC/NX. Maybe 3DS. I don't really see it on Wii U.

Well,they could port it to the wii u by redesigning sonic,making knuckles stupid,and just turning it into Sonic boom:Rise of lyric 2 #Sarcasm #Wouldn'tbesurprisedifasequelwouldcomeout

Just now, Nepenthe said:

Don't blame staff for your shitty joke that couldn't have been anymore improperly timed. Anymore sarcastic apologies and backtalk and it's a strike 

The same warning goes to you for your insults.

Sorry dude,I'll watch what I say for now on. D: Okey,now let's get back on the topic before More things go bad.

I am craving to see next gen Sonic visuals, so yeah I hope it's on PS4/XBONE/PC/Vita. Shoot go for 3DS as well.

But Wii U I rather not, unless the controls don't end up being gimmicky like with Lost worlds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vita?! You would be lucky. That thing has been pretty much dead outside Japan for years. You also wouldn't get the next gen visuals on it either that's for sure, something on par or slightly improved from any possible 3DS version perhaps or at best a very watered down console port. 

It would be interesting to see Sega support the NX like Square and some of the indie developers that have come forward with their plans, but unless the NX does end up releasing at the end of this year it would more likely end up on Wii U (if at all) or a potential handheld 3DS version to keep their relationship with Nintendo going.

I would love to add another reason to my almost worth buying a PS4 list of games. But with Sega's recent push on the PC side of things lately I would probably just buy it on there instead if it means I can continue to hold off on a next-gen console a bit longer haha.

• Thumbs Up 3

:'D ahah.. since i don't have neighther Ps4 or 3 or Xbox or WiiU or 3DS.... i'm going to have to watch the cutscenes on Youtube anyways....

unless there is a PC version someday.. but i'm still going to watch the cutscenes and gameplay on Youtube :D

• Thumbs Up 1

With games like Shenmue 3, Bloodborne, Until Down, Street Fighter 5 and Guilty  Gear there are more than enough reasons to buy a ps4 ?

On topic, I'm more than sure that the next Sonic will be PS4 and XONE

I'd like for them to use an upgraded hedgehog engine visuals and a Sonic gameplay with Sonic Adventure 1 as its core mechanics and phisycs. 

Some time ago Hoshino posted a video on Facebook showcasing a fan who recreated Chao Garden with UE4, and I personally commented that Imo Sonic Team should have gone back to those gorgeous visuals, using UE4 or Hedgehog Engine. He liked my post so... Who knows ? ?

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Jango said:

As long as there's a PC version, I'm ok. Tho, I'm planning on getting a PS4 soon ^^

Ditto to this. Although I do not care for PC gaming,I respect people who play games on PC. I also am getting a PS4.

2000? What happened in 2000?

I glanced at released games for that year and came up with Shuffle and Pocket Adventure. Nothing particularly significant, I don't think...?

This is exhausting, guys and gals. I'll make another pot of coffe and we'll get to the bottom of this.

And for the "00". Sonic Adventure 2 was first shown, officially revealed and named on E3 2000. This is the third time we have had "00" to show up. First in that "Fall 1991 magazine" mock-up. Later in the classic-pixels-modern-gif. And now this. I bet it's related to the time of an announcment rather than an old date.

Speaking of dates: Valentines day is on sunday. Theese dates that we think are showing up could very possibly be foreshadowing a day where a lot of dates are taking place. 2/14/16 - All of theese numbers excist in theese teasers. And the Sonictwitter today posted a Valentines-card. I have a feeling Valentines-day could be the day for something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... weren't the dates "4/1/16" 

And "3/21/00"?

The first date seems to be commonly guestimated as the annoucement.

If the second date, could be alluding to the sonic comic issue #177 which was released on march 21st 2000. 

It can be read online at emuparadise.

There doesnt seem to be significance though...

Edit: now that i read the front page again. It states "4 action packed adventures inside". The copy online only has the first. If someone has the rest of this issue it may lead onto something.

01.jpg

gRfX7tl.gif

Spoiler

While I do think it's unlikely, I'd love for this to be SA3. Mostly because a return to Sonic's Adventure gameplay is what I want most for the series, but also a little (dickish) side of me wants all of the mockers to be wrong :V These hints have at least given me some hope, even if they're likely Aaron trolling and fans being fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Riverstone said:

If someone has the rest of this issue it may lead onto something.

No it doesn't.  

The rest of the issue are reprints you're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget about 7 floating somewhere in these missing spots as Michael Myers pointed out. 

On 2/5/2016 at 6:02 AM, Michael Myers said:

Though, what does "00" mean? It is featured in a different font in that twitterpost above than the other numbers. The number 00 is also featured in this posted by the Sonic twitter. There is also an added 7 witch is not in the original scan.

Now looking at it, it most likely is the time - 7:00. Nothing to do with 2000 year.

But in this case, one number is missing anyway... Where have we lost it?

We have 4, 1, 16, 3, 21, 7 and 00.

7 numbers, but 8 spots.

Also: even though I said before I won't be following these hints, I'm news-hungry guy so I can't really ignore all this.

8 hours ago, Riverstone said:

Edit: now that i read the front page again. It states "4 action packed adventures inside". The copy online only has the first. If someone has the rest of this issue it may lead onto something.

Maybe the clue is right there. 4 Sonic games to come! XD

2 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

No it doesn't.  

The rest of the issue are reprints you're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

I dunno, Riverstone's guess is as good as you are

http://www.gamesradar.com/dating-advice-real-sonic-hedgehog/

Gamesradar published an article where they ask Sonic various questions about love, and the final paragraph is the following:

Whether you’re celebrating Valentines Day or Nation Singles Awareness Day (shout out to all the single peeps reading this), just remember that there’s always a new zone to clear ahead, golden rings to collect, and maybe even a Chao to raise. Whether you play the game of life 1P or 2P, have fun and enjoy the experience.

That most likely means nothing, but the "Chao to raise" part looked interesting to me. Could it be a new hint?