Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Crossing: In Another Time, In Another Place. [Read page 345]

Klinsy

Tails arrived with his bundle of cards for everyone. "This is unlike Sonic, he isn't here!"

Meanwhile, back in Sonic's room on the Helicarrier....

"Dear Meowkie. Some adventures we had, right? I gotta say, your detective skills are very admirable and you'd be a valuable asset to the Disciples Investigation Team! Plus, I can't shake this feeling that we relate to each other in terms of who we were made to be, but we became something else. I dunno, I feel like I'm somebody else who shouldn't be this important. Could I be just thinking things? Ah, well. With that in mind, I have decided to give you a piece of your history in the real world. Try not to get too shocked, but inside is a copy of Namco High. You'll see what I mean. Be true to yourself, buddy! From: Sonic."

Star went to the store with her head down and her feet dragging. She held up a piece of paper that said, "Where's the Valentine's candy?"

The cashier squinted at her suspiciously, then pointed to an aisle. Star smiled slightly and nodded, then went there and grabbed a bag of chocolates. She got some tape from the next aisle and went to the cashier.

"That'll be nine dollars, please," the cashier said. Star handed the money over and left.

Sonic ran out of a portal, and landed in front of Star. "Oh, Star! Almost crashed into you there!" Sonic says, standing up after he emerged from the rift. "We're just getting ready to hand out the cards! Come on!" Sonic grabbed her hand and ran to where everyone was gathered.

Star yelped as he ran, clutching her cards to her chest to keep them from dropping.

Calamity entered from the forest, stretching. There was definitely more than one card in her hand.

Star looked nervously between her cards and everyone else, then waved her arms frantically just as they were about to begin. She started gesturing wildly, making a circle with her hand and rolling up her cards and putting them in the hole.

Calamity yawned. "Anonymously putting them in bags for each other? Star, you're acting kinda weird."

Star stared resolutely at the ground.

Sonic puts his packages in the bag. "Here's my contribution!"

Tails places his cards in the bag as well. "And here's mine!"

"I hope our stuff doesn't get squished..." Sonic murmurs, looking at his cards being under Tails' heavier items.

Star placed her cards in the various bags. She stepped back towards the fountain.

Calamity did the same. "Hope you like memes, nerds."

Star laughed so suddenly that she tripped backwards into the pool. Calamity practically leapt to help her, grabbing Star's hand. "Hey, Star, are you okay?!"

Star pulled herself up and looked down at her sopping dress forlornly. She started walking back to their house to change, but Calamity stopped her. "Hey, there's a piece of paper caught on your dress."

"Told you she has a good heart." Tails says, when he witnessed the rescue.

All the characters watch as Calamity removes the soaking card from Star's dress.

Mewkie got the paper off star:

Mewkie: "Hmm, whatever this was, it's illegible now."

Meowkie: "Let me take this back to my base with Niko, he should be able to descriptor this."

Dreamy: "... Who the heck is Niko?"

"How far away is your base, anyway? Considering that I never even met Niko despite my friend meeting him from before the universe rebooted." Sonic asks. "I can just portal you there, if it's too much of a hassle."

Star was absolutely terrified, hoping that they wouldn't be able to tell what it said. She shook in her shoes.

Calamity put an arm around her shoulders, not caring about the water. "Let's go get you a towel, yeah?"

Once they had gotten a towel, everyone went to Meowkie's base.

Meowkie addressed the question:

Meowkie: "It's to the left of here, roughly at the same distance Animal Village is from here."

Mewkie : "Oh, wow, mother, I never seen your base in person..."

Meowkie: "It's basically a office, nothing too special, nya."

"Huh, this is nice," Calamity said. "Kinda boring, though. Maybe you could put some airhorns around?"

Star wrapped the towel around herself tighter, too anxious to stop them.

As the crew look at the base, Tails remarks on it's apperance. "Primative, but that's because my idea of a home base involves more advanced technology."

"Now's not the time to judge their technical tastes, Tails. We're here to restore a piece of paper." Sonic responds.

"Alright, let's do this thing!" Calamity said.

Star was about to start crying, but she wiped her face with her hand and acted like it was just fountain water. She stepped back against the wall.

Xandra messed with the water cooler:

Xandra: "What kind of fountain is this?"

Rarity: "That's a water cooler, I understand they are not around in your time."

Valkyrie: "It's kinda like a fountain, it has water, you can drink from it, and if it's poorly taken care of, it can kill you."

Tails and Somic took notice to Star's sadness. They could tell something was up.

"Hey Star, you OK?" Sonic asks, kneeling down to sit by her.

Star nodded vigorously, snapping back up. She pointed at the paper, then made an explosion gesture.

Calamity nodded once. "Yeah, she's a real safety nut. Dude, nothing's gonna happen, just chill."

Star got up and crept back to the rest.

Sonic and Tails looked at each other, unsure of what to do. "Do we take the letter?" Sonic asks.

"I don't think so, it's only a card. Not the end of the world." Tails responds.

Sonic immediately talks back. "Oh really? Because it seems like the end of the world for her!"

The bickering between the two has distracted them from the fact that Calamity has begun reading it.

Calamity unfolded it. "Calamity, you're so cool and awesome and you're such a great friend and I like you like y- It ends there. I mean, that's all true, but who...?" She squinted at it, then her eyes widened. "...Star? This is... This is your handwriting."

Star ground her teeth and pulled the towel even tighter.

Calamity looked between her and the letter. "Dude, you... You were..." She trailed off, leaving an awkward silence to hang over everyone.

The two bickering brothers stopped immediately when they heard what Star has written. They then look at each other again, this time in shock.

They didn't speak a word, allowing Calamity and Star to have a moment.

Star stared at the ground, arms wrapped around herself, shaking from either fear or cold, she couldn't tell. Calamity put her fist to her chin. "Well, hey, I knew I was hot, but, uh..." She laughed nervously and trailed off again.

After a moment, she spoke. "Look, uh, Star, I... I don't know what to say. You..." She gulped. "I don't know what to say. I'll... Know what to say later?"

Star nodded faintly.

Sonic simply smiled. "Seems like a happy ending to me." Sonic reaches into the bag and hands Star the letters him and Tails made.

"Here you go, like Calamity, I got you a Light Trap." Sonic says.

Tails hands over his. "You'll see what I got you..."

Calamity read the letter and gasped dramatically. Inside, though, she was grateful for a change of subject. "You dare call me good? I was born to be bad, baby! And ha, ha, irony. You're not clever."

Star read her note, smiling gratefully, then she reached the part about the tablet. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open. She held up the tablet and looked at it in wonder, then pressed some buttons to turn it on.

"Hello," said a feminine voice. Star's mouth split into a grin. "I got you all chocolate!" She pulled out the bag from... Somewhere and started handing it out.

Calamity read the letter and gasped dramatically. Inside, though, she was grateful for a change of subject. "You dare call me good? I was born to be bad, baby! And ha, ha, irony. You're not clever."

Star read her note, smiling gratefully, then she reached the part about the tablet. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open. She held up the tablet and looked at it in wonder, then pressed some buttons to turn it on.

"Hello," said a feminine voice. Star's mouth split into a grin. "I got you all chocolate!" She pulled out the bag from... Somewhere, and started handing small chocolates out.

Sonic nudged Tails. "Nice, man!"

"Aw, it was nothing! I also installed some self-defense mechanisms in your tablet just in case of any threats." Tails replies. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have chocolate to eat!"

Star's smile grew even wider. She plucked a chocolate from the bag, unwrapped it, and popped it in her mouth. Calamity took one, too, not looking at Star.