Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Crossing: In Another Time, In Another Place. [Read page 345]

Klinsy

Sonic and Tails has gotten many cards completed, but they still weren't done.

"Alright, now for Meowkie's card." Sonic looks through his pile of cards, searcing for the Sherlock Holmes one. "Where is it? It was the only one in stock, I couldn't have lost it!"

Punchy started to lose ideas for who to get who:

Punchy: "... Uh, do you think Rarity would like a card based on that show Blue Bloods?"

Sweetie Belle: "Oh, definitely  not."

Punchy: "Well, I'm stumped, my lack of watching fashion shows has betrayed me."

Meanwhile, the Sherlock Holmes card continued flowing in the wind, until it landed on Punchy's face. 

Sonic spent the time scavenging for the card. "Come on, come on, where are you?!"

Meowkie and Rosie finished the last card for her Namco High classmates:

Meowkie :"Dear Cousin, keep rolling on, love Meowkie."

Rosie: "So, that's all the cards right?"

Meowkie: "Well, I still got to make some for the people in the village and someone ... I admire."

Rosie: (Admire? Is she talking about Mewkie's future father and doesn't even know it?)

Tails began to set up his next card. "Dear Locke, I-" Just then, Sonic smashed through the door. "Hey, Tails! Did you see a Sherlock Holmes card fly by?"

"No. And do you mind? I'm trying to record a card here!" Tails says, annoyed.

Calamity looked at everyone. "You all suck. Also, I need cards."

Once she got them, she drew a stick-figure skeleton holding a flower and wrote, Hey, Star. Just wanted to say that you're a great sidekick. And... A great friend, too. Let's have lots of adventures together, yeah?

She folded her arms. "Yeah, this is too cheesy, I'm gone. Bye, losers, see you when you stop being losers." She left.

Star gazed after her, then looked back at the stack of cards she had finished folding. Now all that was left was to write the messages. In light, loopy handwriting, she wrote:

Rosie, you're so kind. Never let anyone take that away from you. -Star

She drew a flower on it.

Rarity, you'll make it far. Don't lose sight of your goals. -Star

This one got a dress.

Punchy, I can always count on you to do the right thing. -Star

And a fishing pole for this one.

"Dear Star.." Tails says, recording his next card. "You certainly are the silent type, are you? Heh, heh. Nothing wrong with that. You're still a good friend, both in the past and the future. Here, I'm giving you this special tablet. Just touch it, and your thoughts can be translated into words! More efficent than writing, right? Oh, and take good care of Calamity, OK? She still has a way to go before she becomes that hero I've seen from the future. She has a good heart. I know it."

Meowkie, you're really nice. Just don't let anyone take advantage of you, okay? -Star. She drew a magnifying glass on it.

Sweetie Bell, you have a lot in store for you in the future. Work hard! -Star. A stylized question mark went on this one.

Sonic, you really are a good person, no matter what you might think. -Star. She put a pattern with a lot of circles on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic writes a card, as he's running. "Dear Calamity. We may have disagreements, but there's a reason why I protect you again and again. You're a good person, just a little misguided. I see you as a friend, no matter what our arguements say. As your present, I'm giving you a Traptanium Crystal. It's of the Light element, you know, to brighten your day a bit. Plus, it can be used to capture bad guys and stuff. Hope you like it. From: Sonic."

BFZ, I know we haven't interacted that much, but you seem like a good person. -Star. A lightning bolt went on that card.

Dreamy, I don't know much about you, and I don't know if this is even something you worry about, but you are your own person. -Star. A pillow for this one.

Amane, you really are a great dancer. Just try not to turn us all into kids again, okay? Haha. -Star. She drew a pair of shoes.

Sonic found the Sherlock Holmes card, as it continued floating through the air. "I see it! I see it! And now it's all..." Sonic reaches out his hand to grab the card. "Within...." The card then flies farther away, out of his grasp. "My... reach..."

(frick i forgot tails. maybe it just didn't give a notification because my replies merged but if there's anyone else i missed i asked in the pm so uh yeah.)

Tails, you're really smart and funny. You've got this! -Star. A wrench for this card.

Sonic watches the Sherlock Holmes card fall into the water, lost forever. "Ugh. Too slow." Sonic runs back to the store, hoping to find a subsitiute.

"Dear Neptune..." Sonic thinks out loud, figuring out what to say. "You may not know too much about yourself, but I do know you. Well, a you from another world but that's besides the point. You're fun, witty and full of energy like a five-year-old on a sugar high! Stay cool! Oh, and Jay says hi. This gift is actually from him, so I'm passing it on. Some sort of Ninjago game, hope you enjoy it! From: Sonic."

Star stacked all of her cards into a pile Only Calamity now. She picked up one of the five remaining ones.

Hi, Calamity. Listen, ever since we met... You always treated me like I was a person, you know? You're

She folded it neatly and put it behind her, then grabbed another empty one from the pile.

Calamity, I'm so happy that we

No, that wouldn't do.

Calamity, you're really quite wonderful and I

That wasn't good either.

Calamity, you're so cool and awesome and you're such a great friend and I like you like y

Star promptly crumpled it into a ball and threw it into the fountain. She put her face in her hands.

Only one card left. She inhaled and started writing, making her handwriting jagged on purpose.

Dear Calamity,

Take care of yourself. Your safety is important. Someone out there cares about you a lot.

She didn't sign it or draw a picture.

Valkyrie and Xandra avoided another rock coming towards their head:

Valkyrie: "Hey, what's the big idea?"

"There is free paper in the mayor office, dummy. - Serena"

Mewkie: "How we suppose to know that?  All three of us just moved here!"

Xandra: "Calm down, Mewkie, at least we don't hear the sound of chalk scratching now."

Sonic steps into the store and looks around in the hopes of finding a dupilcate card. "Ugh! I can't find it?"

An employee walks up to Sonic. "Um, have you tried asking us to look in the back of the store?"

"Back of the- OOOOooohhh..." Sonic realizes one if the biggest rules when it comes to searching for a hard to find item in a store: ask somebody to check the back.

Suddenly someone open the door to the store:

Employee: "Sam, my man,  what's up?!"

Sam: "Someone named Meowkie send me a card, thought I might repay the favor."

Sam: "Hey, you, blue guy, do you know Meowkie?"
OneSO4p.png

"Uhh, yeah?" Sonic responds. "It's interesting seeing another cat similar to Meowkie around here."

"And wait, Meowkie sent you a card?"

Sam replied:
Sam: "Yeah, I don't know why she would target a simple salary man like me, but eh, it can't be anything too much, can it?"

Sam: "Do you know what she would like?"

Sam: "Hmm, are you looking for a card for her too?"

"Yup. You see, my group of friends are making cards for each other, and I managed to lose her's, so I'm trying to find another one."  Sonic answers. "As for what she would like, Tuna, and lots of it."

Sam left the shop:

Sam: "Well, I guess I have to go the grocery store instead ha ha!"

Meanwhile:
Meowkie: "Yeah, it kinda weird to admire someone you haven't met yet, but if you read about him, there is more to him than meets the eye."

Rosie: "Well, I'm not the one with the detective sense here, so I'll just take your word for it."

"But on to the topic at hand..." Sonic says, turning back to the employee. "You have any more Sherlock Holmes cards?"

Sam came back into the store for one more thing:

Sam: "Since you were so helpful, I'll give you this."

He handed him a cat card.

"Let's keep in contact, nya brother!"

"You can find me in my office in Animal Village!"

"Oh, thanks! Good to see somebody in Animal Village who still trusts me after the whole criminal incident." Sonic says. "I'll put it to good use!"

Sonic then left the store, ready to write.

Everyone met together and gave out the gifts:

Dreamy: "So, you're saying none of you got anything for me?"

Xandra: "Hey, I barely move into here, I don't know any of you except for Val."

Rarity: "I got you this nice blue dress, blue is your favorite color right?"

Dreamy: "How did you know?"

Rarity: "Everyone told me."