Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Crossing: In Another Time, In Another Place. [Read page 345]

Klinsy

Sonic sighs. "Fine, take it.... It was just getting boring anyway." He turns to Nightwing. "Anyway, what now, Nightwing?"

"Are we going to court or something?" Sonic asks.

Rosie moved on to the kitten, knowing she would get nothing Whitney.

"Say, I never got your name, tell your old pal Rosie what it is!"

"Uh, my name is J-Josh."

"Well, Josh, I'm glad we can properly antiquated, tell me, what did you see?"

"I can't, the court told me to tell no one."

(The one person likely to help me and he's being forbid from telling anyone, great.)

Lucario was quite confused.... "Okay, we bailed them out, do we still have to do a trial or...?" Lucario was never going to understand how the law works. 

"Waitaminute, whadda ya mean the court told you not to tell what happened?"

Rosie made a educated guess:
"He must be under a legal embargo, remember, this cat is quite fond of me, he has no other reason not to tell me."
"Only Sonic got bailed out, we still need to go to court for the others."

"I doubt the police officer we'll tell us anything, our last hope is the Sleep Dragon."

"Let's call him out then!" Sonic says, about to run. "Wait, is he still at that mountain? I don't want to run past BTYT to get to him again..."

"Eh, I'll just use a portal anyway. Let's just hope he's actually awake to give us some answers."

"We should be prepared though". Lucario said, deciding to also go and find the sleep dragon. 

They went through the portal and ended up in the snowy mountain. It somewhat reminded Lucario about his battle against Meta Knight.

"Okay, let's hope he has answers, and does not roast us..."

"Wakey, wakey, buddy! We need your help!" Sonic yells at the Sleep Dragon... who is sleeping.

"Zzzzz, *snort*, uhhh... Oh.. hey, Sonic! What brings you to this place?" The Sleep Dragon says, almost forgetting why he was a witness to begin with. "O-oh yeahhhh! You were in Jail! It's good you're out though, I was worried you got stuck in Traptanium like my old master!"

"Uh, yeah, he did get out, but some of our friends are still in trouble..." Lucario said... "....You do know what happened right?"

"My sight isn't the best, but as I sleep, I can kinda sense the world around me. Neat power, right? Anyway, I remember something about some Lynx-girl thing breaking into the store... but sometimes, I can't tell if what I'm seeing is real, or a dream." The Sleep Dragon responds. "Don't you have security cameras for this sort of thing?"

"About that...." Tails says, looking away.

Rarity and Serena headed back to the camp ground:
"I'm worried, Serena, Sweetie Belle and Punchy could legitimately be locked up forever due to  bad impulses."
"Do not worry, with my mind reading powers, I will prove their innocence."

"... Serena, bring this to Sweetie Belle, it's Magatama, it's a good luck charm from the legendary Fey clan, and she needs luck on her side."
"Got it."

"Locked up forever for stealing marshmallows?! That's unreasonable!" Sonic says, worried about his friends.

"To be fair, they did attempt to break out of jail. I'm surprised they let you out." Tails replied.

"I guess it's because of the many deeds I've performed for countless multiverses, not to brag... and I-" Sonic rambles, before being cut off by the Sleep Dragon.

"Do we have a lawyer?" The Sleep Dragon asks.

Rosie stepped up:
"I am the lawyer, sorta."
"... Uh, don't ask me for my law degree, okay?"
"All this over marshmallows... geeze, and I have a broken heart over fishing to fix too."

"We can deal with your love issues after we free our friends." Tails says. "Are there any more witnesses we can call up from around here?"

"Shame that Ross is sick, perhaps he can help... but then again, he can't really speak." Sonic says, correcting himself.

Rosie was offended:
"I AM NOT THE ONE WITH LOVE ISSUES, WHITNEY IS!"

"... How are we going to prove innocence that doesn't exist?"

"Whitney is going tear us to shreds in court,  Serena is our only hope."

"We're counting on you, Serena." Sonic says, patting her on the back.

"Hey! What about me?" The Sleep Dragon asks. "I always wanted to go to court."

"Why?" Tails asks.

"I like the sounds of the gavel." Sleep Dragon replies.

Serena reacted with shock:

"What are all of doing here? How did you get here so quickly?!"

"... Okay, forget that last one."

"Now stop loafing around the camp grounds and get back to Animal Village!"

"Let's rock and roll, team! We have friends to save!" Sonic says, sitting on Sleep Dragon and pointing his sword in the air triumphantly.

"Can't you just run over there, Sonic?" The Sleep Dragon questions.

"I know, but I just want to do something overdramatic. Let's go, guys!" Sonic replies, with his sword still in the air.

https://youtu.be/6W75eGRVZHs

Rosie sit outside the courtroom with her clients and Serena and Rarity and Sonic.

"Are you really sure you're up to this?"

"I have to, I can't let a little girl, a good friend and ... one other person rot behind bars."

"I was going to give this to Sweetie Belle, but I think it's best you have it."

Maya's_Magatama.png

"What is this?"

"A Magatama, blessed by the Fey clan, if someone is lying, you can tell when you see locks."

"I'm going to need this, thanks Rarity."

"Huh, that's fascinating!" Tails said. "I would use a lie detector, but it's never 100% accurate."

"Uhh, isn't that cheating?" The Sleep Dragon asks.

"Whatever it takes to find the truth, my friend." Tails says. "This isn't a game, this is court."

"Yeah, but won't telling the truth just get me thrown back in jail?" Calamity asked. "I mean, the rest of you are gonna be fine, but I won't! I can't be a supervillain if I'm in jail!"

"Technically, you'd be a captured supervillain." Tails said to Calamity.

"But yeah, this does put a damper on things....." Tails stroke the closest thing he had to a chin. "I guess we just need to word ourselves carefully."

Edited by Failinhearts
Incorrect wording.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rosie came up with her best answer:
"Well, Calamity, just be glad you're not accused of murder, they give the death penalty for that in Animal Village."

Suddenly, the TV in lobby goes off.
"ATTENTION, DEAD BODY FOUND IN CLOSED OFF GROCERY STORE, LYNX, CAT AND PONY BELIEVED TO  BE RESPONSIBLE."

"... Why do I open my big dumb mouth sometimes?"

"Okay, so... So when's the trial? I have a... thing... to do at a... time," Calamity said.

"Wha-? Ew! What is wrong with the person who did that?! I mean, stealing marshmallows is one thing, but murder? Holy fish... When's the trial? We need to catch that person before it! Also, I have a thing to do..."

Edited by GamerGirl54321
REST IN FRICKING PIECES I DIDN'T SEE YOUR POST PINK SORRY

"Accused of murder? What kind of proof do they even have?!" Sonic says, completely shocked.

"Now I'm sure somebody evil is behind this nonsense, and we're gonna get to the bottom of this!" Sonic got out his sword in anger, with Tails telling him to calm down.

Rosie tried to look on the bright side:
"Well, if we get you off the hook for this, we don't have to worry about the marshmallows anymore due to Double Jeopardy."

"But who could be responsible? I saw no one in that store."

"... Whitney is looking mighty suspicious right now."

Edited by Faux Paw The Techno Cat