Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Crossing: In Another Time, In Another Place. [Read page 345]

Klinsy

"Mirror, huh? Wonder how it got there?" Sonic wondered.

Tails shrugged. "Maybe we'll find out one day. We usually find an explaination."

Sonic gets up. "Well, I should probably explain who I am."

"So, I'm part of a race of animals called the Sentinels. There are two divisions, Magic and Tech. Guess what they specialize in? Our race lived in the Jurassic Era, so we kinda lived around the dinosaurs. All was peaceful as we used our powers to help creatures around the world and even the universe." Sonic explained.

Tails got up and continued. "Because of our universal discoveries, we brought back relics from space. One of them was a purpleish-goldish meteorite. It didn't do anything to us, since our magic reserves was strong enough to resist any effect it would have. Since our ancestors thought the Meteorite was nothing but a glowing rock, we placed it in a cave on Sentinel Island since it was able to scare away one of the Sentinels' biggest nuisences: Snakes. They were everywhere back then, always spewing their venom all over the place... The Sentinels got sick of this exposure, and the meteorite scared them off. They weren't sure as to why, but the snakes apparently sensed a large sense of power from that rock, and feared it... except one. He clung onto the meteorite like crazy, mutating him until his body was so big and powerful, it would almost kill him."

"He mutated several snakes to retrieve Tech Sentinel armor, and outfitted him with it. How was he able to communicate with those small-brained snakes? Hypnosis. Legends said that he could let out cries to manipulate the minds of weaked minded creatures... like a Jedi. Those cries sounded like songs, so he called himself: Lyric." Sonic said. "On another note, could you believe there's another Lyric out there? Some world, huh? Anyway..."

"Tired of his race's opression from the Sentinels, Lyric and his army of mutated snakes gave themselves a new name for their new race: The Metarex. They set their sights on the Tech Sentinels, who were weaker than the magic ones... and killed them all." Tails explained, looking down. "They used their remains as supplies and munitions for their army as the Magic Sentinels waged war in the name of vengence. My parents were drafted in that war, leaving my 7 other brothers and sisters forced to hide away from the destruction. We were powerful, yet inexperienced and too young for training...."

Sweetie Belle was confused:
"I thought you guys were made in some sort candy factory."
Rarity pointed out:
"I actually found the mirror and brought it home."
"Well. what are you waiting for boss? Bring it over here!"

ABr8tMw.png

"Well, here it is, truth be told, it doesn't always lead to Equesita, right now it leads to a alternate  version of Forest Crossing.

"Who it is that in the mirror, sis?"

"Don't worry about her, we won't be meeting her anytime soon."

Tails rolled his eyes with Sweetie Belle's candy factory joke. "So... the war waged on for years but we eventually won, imprisioning Lyric into stone. Throughout all that battling though, there was one solider who ruined things. The solider enjoyed kiling those snakes. He never did much as a child, and he found great joy swinging his axe and destroying. He found what he believed to be his purpose in life. After the war, the soldier was itching to destroy something, anything."

Sonic continued. "He was restless, killing dinosaurs because he felt like it, making weapons of mass destruction which backfired on the Sentinels since building was not a Magic Sentinel expertise, and even freeing Lyric from his stone prison once simply because he wanted him dead. The Sentinels saw him as a threat and banished him, which the solider took great offense to. He tried to kill them, but he was too weak and he had his Magic Reserve completely drained. Full of rage and hatred, he entered the cave, where he discovered the meteorite that made the Metarex, and he touched it... for hours. It's magic fused with his magic, turning him into our arch-nemesis: Mephiles."

"Mephiles flew to the Sentinel kingdom, and in one mighty blow... killed them all. Except my brothers and sisters. My parents hid us in the same cave, and we accidentally touched the meteor. Since we were more pure of heart, all it did was make us stronger and made us unable to age. It didn't fuel us with evil, like what it did with Lyric or Mephiles. When we escaped the cave, everything was in ruins... except for two pieces: The Sentinel Sword which belonged to the Magic King, and the Tech Gear, which belonged to the Tech King. Sonic took the sword, and I took the gear. The gear took away my power, but replaced it with my intellegence. Together, me, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Silver, Blaze and Cream sent Mephiles out into space. From then on, we watched our world evolve through the centuries... and Mephiles came back. He mutated his own animals and aliens, as well as strengthining his magic, leading a new army of Metarex. After years of fighting, Mephiles was sent into a rift, and so were we...." Tails said.

"When we woke up, we were in a world outside of our own multiverse. And we learned a shocking truth..." Sonic explained.

Sweetie Belle was confused:
"Did I say something funny? I legitimately thought you were from a candy factory."
Rarity patted her sister on the head:
"I think it's best you drop this story now, Sweetie Belle."
Serena pondered:
"Does your dimension have town gods? Why did none of them came to help you?"

Meowkie pointed something out:
"Serena, you're the only town god we seen, they don't seem to be very reliable from my point of view."
"Point taken."

Edited by Pink Cat

Tails responded to Serena. "Nope. No town gods that we know of."

Sonic continued his story. "So we ended up in a land of floating islands where there's nothing but countless heroes. They call themselves the Golden Skylanders, the first beings of good in all of the fictional realm. They travel from multiverse to multiverse, saving people from evils and anomalies. We were told that the creators of the fictional realm, the Golden Weapons chose us to be the most elite of Golden Skylanders: The Disciples. I had the most power for some reason, as the Golden Weapons apparently has a liking towards me. I learned that I was fictional and that there is a Real World that made us all. Of course, it was shocking, but as you can see... I got used to it. I'm still wondering who is my writer, though. I assume I'm made by SEGA, like all the other Sonics, but I'm not sure... you have no idea what I'm saying, do you?"

"I'll carry on." Tails said. "There is an evil equivalent to the Golden Skylanders, the Outlanders. Mephiles was chosen to lead an elite group as well to spread tyranny and conquest across the land: creating a new generation of Metarex. And thus, we have engaged in another war. Mephiles has gotten even worse, though. He was outraged by the truth, going crazy... he now knows that villains usually lose not because of his plans, but because some writer planned it all put. He wants to gather the Golden Weapons to break the Fourth Wall, crossing over, slaughtering all of the real world writers and writing his own realm, where evil always wins. He became interested in Real World history, especialy the world wars, aspiring to be the next Hitler, but on a omniversal scale. The war waged on, but now it's reaching is peak... ever since we met our newest members of the Disciples."

"You know who they are by now." Sonic said. "Mephiles got even more psychopathic after he learned about them. Their world is so messed up, Mephiles thinks it is reality and applies to ALL worlds and all the heroic, good things in the world is a delusion, a mask covering up all the "inevitable" darkness that supposedly awaits us. His obsession for murder has gone up dramatically, as he vows to destroy all that is good. Not just because he's evil and dreams of conquest, but because he truly believes everything is as good as dead, and is letting out his rage."

Punchy retorted:
"This Mepelephant or whatever guy needs to take a chill pill."
Serena noted it won't be easy to take him down:
"If a entire amry hasn't taken him down yet, what chance do we have."
Rosie objected:
"We can't give up that easily, we will fight and we will win!"
"Darlings, let's not worry about him now, and just enjoy our comfy night around the fire."
"EEK FIRE!"
"Oh, sorry, Rosie, darling, forgot that isn't going to put you at ease..."

Lucario listened to their stories quietly. "Wow." He said after Sonic's story was told. " But we did defeat him a few times before right? Either way, we need to be more careful."

"Yeah, we did beat him... but he was never near the peak of his power." Tails said. "Trust me, after all the battles we went through, Mephiles can get far, far more powerful and far more weaker. It depends on his Magic Reserve and how much of it he used."

"He reminds me of Terumi" Ragna interjected, "son of a bitch wouldn't give up or die." "Must you mention that trash during our happy hour?" Rachel wasn't so fond of Terumi herself. "I better not see that punk around here or he's gonna get it." Ragna clenched his fist wanting to get payback at Terumi.

"Well..." Sonic stretches after the long talk. "That was my story, who's next?"

"Ooh! I almost forgot the relics I brought from my world!" Tails put his hand into the bag to get out a capsule. "Inside this capsule is one of the first Metarex. A small, technologically advenced snake is cryogenically frozen in it! Look!"

Tails holds up the capsule so everyone can get a good look at the snake frozen inside.

Kat looked at the materix curiously. "You keep the first prototype of your greatest enemy in ice and just carry it around with you?, Isn't that just a little bit dangerous?" *Nightwing poked at the camp fire with a stick, keeping it alive*

*Starfire suddenly spoke up* "He reminds me of Slade. No matter what we did, he always kept getting back up to torment us, and torture us" *This conversation seemed to freeze Nightwing up a little*

"I've kept this thing frozen for millions of years. He isn't going anywhere." Tails said, as a portal opens and he throws it in. "Now, who's next, hm?"

"I suppose I'll go next, if no-one minds," Jessica said, piping up.

"No problem, Jess! Let's rock and roll!" Sonic said, sitting down.

"I'm interested in learning about your story, since we appear to be rather similar." Tails added.

"Yeah," Jessica said. "Well, once we get to a certain point, anyway. I can't say my life prior was so magical, but it wasn't ordinary. I've been living with my grandparents ever since I was a baby. My parents got in a car accident and... I think you can figure out the rest. I never knew them all that well, though, so no trauma growing up or anything," Jessica was quick to point out. "Anyway, my granddad's a scientist. He's a nice man, completely unlike me though. He'd often ask me to try out whatever new invention he came up with... and usually I'd bear the brunt of whenever something went unexpectedly wrong. And that's why I'll never trust automatic drink coolers in my life if they ever become a thing."

Robinson chirped in, "Sorry to interrupt, but my backstory's not very long - I just met baby Jess in the hospital, she liked me and then the family decided to keep me as a pet. You should've seen her back then, though - she was so-"

"ANYWAY," Jessica butted in quickly, pinching Robinson's beak shut, "one day granddad made this invention that supposedly went to far-off planets, but I didn't believe it and he never tried it out. Go figure the one time I slept in there after a long tiring day was the day he decided to take it for a spin, taking me and this robot named Dave with him. So yeah, I woke up, and there I was on Enchantus. I met this little alien girl named Voidica, and a few minutes after we met, who else but Charn shows up, and then she..." Jessica noticed Lumina look away, an uncharacteristic look of depression on her face. "...yeah. Suffice to say, I got her Magic Core when it appeared from her... remains. Then I tried to find granddad, and got routinely insulted, shot at, driven mad, blown up and deprived of peace by Charn and the various aliens and robots he'd sent out exclusively to kill me. Oh, and I met a few of this lot along the way," she concluded, pointing to the Elementals. "They're the ones with a similar backstory to you two."

Rosie gasped in shock:
"Charn! That was the guy Shade was pretending to be in the VR program."
Serena revealed some details:
"I learned about Charn by reading Jessica's mind, not  exactly a pleasant guy."
Punchy had a question:
"So, did you set up Shade as Charn?"
Serena shook her head:
"Shade acted on his own, I had no idea why he did that."

"I tried to find details on you and Charn. Nothing showed up on our current database, so this is interesting." Tails said, and then he suddenly realizes that what he said might be considered insensitive. "Oh, and... I'm sorry for what happened to you, Jessica..." Tails nervously added.

"Serena, it's because Shade's a trumped up little git who thinks he's got something to prove by being 'the only evil Elemental'," Lumina grumbled.

"Guilty as charged," Shade smarmily boasted. If he had a mouth, he would've been grinning.

Jessica turned to Tails, "Is it about my parents? Thanks, but don't worry about it. It's been years since it happened, anyway.

Rosie felt a bit sad about the whole situation:

"There is so many species and I was sad I was no longer a real cat, ... it all feels so .. petty."

Meowkie was quick to cheer her up:

"Nya, but being a cat is where it at! Nothing wrong with being who you are."

Sweetie Belle and Rarity make some observations:

"It's funny, with all that happens in Equestia, you would think ponies would be near death but nope! We're not going anywhere."

"Let's all get you some pony friends!"

Ragna patted Meowkie on the head. "You'll always be a cat to me" Ragna was always kind to cats, "you do remind me of someone I know." Ragna thought about it for a bit. "Oh Tao! That cat can't let me catch a break." He then remembered all the times he had to take Tao to a restaurant only to bail on the bill. "You always meet the strangest of people Ragna" "You included Rabbit" Rachel stood to kick Ragna in the back. "Ow hey I was telling the truth!" "Watch your tongue next time."

"Us Disciples have lots of cats on our team." Sonic added, since the crew was on the topic of cats. "There's Blaze, SEGA Blaze, Scratch, I think we even have Disciple versions of Meowkie AND Rosie. Since they're Namco and Nintendo... But that's a story for another time."

Punchy was sad:
"What about me? Am I not important enough?"
Serena reassured him this was not the case:
"Don't be such a drama queen, they didn't mention me either.:
Meowkie brought up a point:
"To be fair, boss, you're not a cat...

"But, yes, you are important Punchy!"

"We probably have you, it's just that Meowkie and Rosie were talking about cats. Sorry about leaving you out." Sonic reassured. "Anyway, continue, Jess."

"Oh, er," Jessica said, "I think I'm mostly done. But I think Lumina and the rest would like to share their backstori-"

"Yeah," Ivorn butted in, "and it's got aliens, and space, and planets, and bad guys, and death, and this one cute girl I met, and more bad guys, an-"

Shade flicked a ball of Dark magic at the excitable Metal Elemental, shutting him up. "I think you'll want to know more," he snarked.

Serena snarked at Shade:
"Be careful or I really will stomp on you with my godly powers."
"Why in the world do we still even let you here? You done nothing for us, unlike Mr. Spikey head and Ms. Dark Soul."
Meowkie winced at Serana's speech:

"Boss, every one deserves a chance of redemption, ya know?"
"I'll give him once he does something redeeming."