Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog Mk.II (Daft and Tolerating It)-PAGE 72, FIN

Dr. Crusher

Day 21: Which character interactions would you like to see that aren't common?

Character interaction is something that I really enjoy seeing in the Sonic series. In fact, next to characterization character interaction is my favorite thing to see. While I'm yet to grow sick and tired of seemingly only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Dr. Eggman interact with one another constantly to various degrees, I would love to see more characters in this huge cast actually interact with one another. Such as:

Big and Blaze
jjoWahg.png?2ziywZ0C.png?1
We have the Hedgehogs interacting with one another pretty frequently, so why not have the cats do so as well? I can see them both get along especially it being nearly impossible not to get along with Big due to how gentle and agreeable he is. Big and Blaze are relatively quiet so I couldn't see a ton of dialogue between them. I could see Big teaching Blaze to fish and Blaze would learn quickly and end up loving it :P With Big being such an easy-going and sweet person, I could see that rubbing off Blaze being relaxed and having her smile more as a result.

Tails, Charmy and Cream

o51kuF8.png?1rpZSUnE.png?1ThDpVhT.png?1
Of the most beautiful observations in my opinion is to see children interact with one another despite differences in appearance, age, background, etc. with it being positive and playful interaction. While I am glad that the main cast in the Sonic series have interactions with each other with age not being a factor (Sonic and Tails with the best friends having a 7-year gap between them  :)), it would be nice to see the kids of this group come together and be kids doing things that kids do. Especially since they are all kind and friendly so I can definitely see these 3 get along well. Tails, Charmy and Cream may not have the same interests but I can see them all get together to play video games, board games, riding bikes, playing at the park, engaging in arts and crafts, building things (maybe even assisting Tails creating some really cool gizmos!), baking and even gardening: 

1pNvbvN.jpg?1 wgRH0Ij.jpg?1 iDmZ1Rq.jpg?1

The only thing I don't see all three of them getting into unanimously activity-wise is having a tea party with Cream. Tails would do it as he wouldn't want to hurt Cream's feelings but Charmy would hesitate and complain at first, only for him to be all for it when he learns that the tea party would have cake :P

HP5wL7l.jpg?2

And there's more where that came from in regards to characters I would like to see interact more. A LOT more. Especially with Sonic as supposedly everyone sans the enemies here are his friends and that needs to be shown as opposed to simply said. Silver also since he is the "rookie" as he is the last member to join this huge entourage of the main cast. He needs to interact with everyone and get better acquainted with them all IMO :) As massive as this cast is in the Sonic series, the possibilities of new and unfamiliar character interactions with an assortment of personalities are endless and I honestly would be happy with whatever I got as it would be a pleasant surprise either way :)
  • Thumbs Up 9

Day 21: Desired Character Interactions

This one's gonna be a real curveball. Allow me to break the walls of the multiverse down annnnd...

Iv3el3Z.jpg

(Image from Here!

Shadow and Fleetway Super Sonic.

Now, while StCO was nice enough to indulge us in StC's variations on Shadow and Super Sonic duking it out, I'm thinking something more... sentimental. Never mind, StC Shadow is dead, so that's that.

Mainly, I'd prefer main timeline and/or Archie Shadow interacting with Fleetway Super Sonic... when he's powered down and not in a state of psychosis.

I can see... a surprising amount of common ground between these two. They both have all the power in the world and yet... there's a clear sense that they are a weapon. Shadow in his purpose, and Super Sonic in that if he uses his powers, even for just a moment, he will lose his mind again. Both have likewise had their moments where they struggled with his aspect of themselves, having an existential crisis; in some cutscenes Shadow would ponder if it was right for him to be made in the first place, while Super Sonic also pondered if it'd be best if he just was imprisoned and disappeared. Then there's their relationships; while the two people Shadow cared about are gone, Super Sonic still has Ebony and Pyjamas. I can't help but imagine Shadow having a rare opening up and encouraging Super Sonic to enjoy them while he still can.

That they're both Chaos energy-related beings is icing on the cake and I can't help but ponder if Super Sonic would have some sort of (likely naive) idea that maybe Shadow could teach him to channel and harness his power without going nutso. Super Sonic has the heart of a true hero (I'm inclined to think that while the crazy Super Sonic is Sonic's repressed negative tendencies, the good Super Sonic is Sonic's repressed positive tendencies) and is willing to sacrifice everything - even his sanity - to help people.

Oh. Then there's the immortality aspect. Both of them are going to outlive everyone around them, so there'd probably be some basis of a long-term bond in that.

I don't know. I always thought there'd be some interesting chemistry if these two characters ever met.

With regards to being in the same continuity...

Eggman and Metal Sonic. "But they interact all the time!" Do they? Their relationship is largely master and servant barring the occasional bit of rebellion.

It'd be interesting to see Metal Sonic have an actual conversation with Eggman, I suppose. In Sonic Heroes you don't really see any of the sort; Metal Sonic just throws Eggman in the brig and that's that. I can just imagine the sort of heated words that would be exchanged between the two if Metal broke free again.

• Thumbs Up 4

Question #21: Which character interactions would you like to see that aren't common?

I would like to see Shadow and Cream because they are different from each other in that Shadow is rough while Cream is soft. It would be interesting to see how they interact with other.

I would like to see Shadow and Marine because it would be interesting to see how they interact especially with Shadow aggressive and Marine hyper would be fun combination. Would Shadow get angry or would Marine instead than.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 21

In terms of unusual character interactions, I would actually say Shadow and Knuckles. They haven't really had any direct interaction in the past, and I think it would be interesting if they had something of a fierce rivalry going between them. Shadow possesses almost as much speed as Sonic, though I would assume that like Sonic he doesn't have much in the way of physical strength. Considering that Knuckles gas the ability to punch Sonic out of his super form as well as being the 'guardian' of the Master Emerald, I think he could actually hold ip really well against Shadow. So basically, I want to see Chuckles and Ow The Edge beat the shit out of each other.

Another interaction I would like to see is Sonic and Big. I know for a fact that Sonic has barely even acknowledged Big in the past, let alone have any meaningful interaction with him. It would be interesting to see how they would get along, though I'm sure there would be plenty of facepalms from Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 21! Character interactions you'd like to see that aren't common!

Knuckles and Amy. Seriously the only place I've ever seen them interact is Sonic X, and their banter from what I remember was cute. I know we saw them together in SLW, but they didn't really interact with each other and I SO would've liked to see that! D:

Sonic and Knuckles is another one. Again, we see them interacting in Sonic Boom and it's great, but I want to see this in the main series as well! I want to see if they still call themselves rivals or not. Are they friends now? Have they gotten over their rivalry? We won't know unless Sega has a scene with them interacting!

Sadly, this will be my last day posting in the 30 Days of Sonic due to summer holidays. I won't be back till early July so...that's it from me!

I suppose I'd like to see Blaze and Rouge. I can just imagine Blaze trying to save the world and Rouge trying consantly to get into her favour because, as a princess, she'd probably reward her with a large jewel or something. And Blaze just gets annoyed. Really, I can just see Rouge always trying to mooch off of Blaze's princess status to fulfil her own desires or something. I guess Marine and... really, anyone who wasn't in SRA also counts - I can see her irritating Team Dark, being good friends with Charmy, rubbing in Cream's face about how she's Blaze's "sidekick" etc.

Other than that, I suppose there's also Cream and Zomom. As much as I don't care for Cream, I can easily see her trying to make Zomom feel better about himself and having a tea party with him, while Zomom doesn't smash her head in because someone's making him feel nice for once. And I can see the two being friends, even if Zomom's still a bad guy.

• Thumbs Up 4

A meeting between Gamma and Omega would be interesting. Both robots have very different philosophies about how to "live", so to speak, and an interaction between them could play out in a fair few ways.

Not that I would trust the current writers to do it any justice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 21: Character interactions you'd like to see happen more often

I think it would be interesting if Knuckles and Shadow interacted more often. Their personalities are somewhat similar (even though Knuckles has begun to loosen up in recent years) and I think they could be good friends because of that. That and it would be cool to see them kicking ass side by side.

I'd also like to see Tails and Omega interacting more. This is because 2 of the three members of both Team Sonic and Team Dark have established relationships with one another (Sonic-Shadow, Knuckles-Rouge) so that leaves these two. Unlike the other members of their team, I think Tails and Omega could get along quite well. I can already see Omega boasting about missions with the rest of team dark to Tails and I can also see the little guy providing the robot with upgrades.

You know what? How about I save time and say that Omega interacting with anybody outside of team dark would be a welcome change.

• Thumbs Up 2

Silver and any other Sonic character.. XD

he needs more character develoment.. he seems to be very apart from the story on the games

after Sonic 06 he only has made afinity with Sonic, Espio , Blaze and ..im not sure if with Shadow he gets well...but ifthey can fight once more.. then ok!

tumblr_inline_nhfpdmbloz1rouq2e.gif

maybe with Knuckles would be nice... or Rouge... or Vector... i would like to see more of him someday

4bb790b413383d8cdd355f38a05a8dfb.jpg

or at least again with Epio.. i liked that mix at Rivals 2,,, then Silver needs to meet the Chaotix :lol: heheh

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 20: What are your top ten (or less) cutscenes in the games?

I LOVE cutscenes in my Sonic games, so I'm going all out on this one.

10 ) Sonic Riders Intro

tzJe9bC.png

Can I say that I absolutely adore the animation and the chromatic choices in this intro? Everything is down to its essential, and it comes down to a clash of colours representing the six characters featured here (Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Purple, Grey)

9 ) You Can Do Anything when you do a Sonic Boom A.K.A Sonic CD intro.

QStx7Ag.png

Both the Japanese / European music and the American one worked as the soundtrack to this scene, and what a scene it is! You've got Sonic running through loops and just being awesome all-around, with a fluidity that makes you wish you had this type of cartoon back when you were a kid. I love you, Aosth, but really, I can't lie.

8 )  Shadow's Ending, Sonic the Hedgehog '06.

8Gzqo6T.png

Sonic '06 wasn't a game made with the intention of making Sonic the main character. I'm sure of it. Even if Iizuka himself told me that it was, I wouldn't believe him.  Shadow's story in Sonic '06, crappy robotic Omega aside, was the best part of that game. And not in the sense that is sucked too but slightly less than the rest of the game. I genuinely like it. And this scene is the perfect ending to the black hedgehog's journey. If this is to be Shadow's last role as a main character, I'm okay with this. Sad, but okay.

7 ) Sonic Saves Everyone, Mushroom Kingdom Plumber Calls Shenanigans A.K.A Subspace Emissary second-to-last cutscene, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

uj6p0u5.png

There is something poetic about Sonic, of all people, saving the life of Nintendo's most beloved characters (and Snake) from the clutches of the evil Taboo. Ok, I know that his inclusion was at the last minute, but it doesn't make me stop loving this scene.

6) Sonic Unleashed intro

Orgd9NB.png

There's no denying that starting the game with a long yet well-done scene showing Sonic trashing Eggman's robot is one heck of a treat. But shit hits the fan when Sonic, seemingly caught by good old Ivo, turns Super and unstoppable. I want something like this in a future Sonic game. Please. Please. Please.

5) Hidden Palace Zone to Sky Sanctuary cutscene (Sonic & Knuckles)

fkGc1OQ.png

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles managed to tell a story in a 16-bit Sonic game, showing us how we went from one level to another, making Angel Island feel like a whole and cohesive place. And after bothering us for two whole games, not only the chuckling Knuckles gets his just desserts, but also turns into a bona fide hero, and future ally of Sonic.

4) Sonic Vs. Shadow on the Ark (Sonic Adventure 2)

9exK8Fx.png

I'm cheating on this one, I admit. It's mostly here and this high out of pure nostalgia. I get that some people may find the dialogue between Shadow and Sonic so ridiculously cheesy, but I don't care. To me, this is the perfect climax to the hedgehogs' rivalry throughout the game, and the introduction to one of my favourite boss battles in the series.

3) Sonic Battle Ending

W4fpipl.png

A hero can win and still lose. And this ending is an example. You spent the whole game growing attached to Emerl, watching him developing his own personality, his own ispirations, his own dreams. He becomes another one of Sonic's allies, interacting with each character in a different way, even showing Eggman of all people respect. And then? He dies. Sure, he may have come back as Gemerl in Sonic Advance 3, but this scene is still powerful, especially with Sonic stuttering and panicking and everyone being sad, and not in a melodramatic and forced way.

2) Sonic & The Secret Rings Ending.

VU1UQra.png

As many of you may know by now, I'm not one of those guys longing for Sonic to turn back to his "Blue dude with an attitude" American roots. I actually think that that Sonic, the one seen in the first Archie comics and piece of advertising, was really bland, insipid, and dorky in every aspect.

The end of this game shows us a really pissed-off Sonic, punishing the villain who nearly killed him and killed one of his friends. But he does it with style, sitting in that throne and using the lamp as some sort of gun, all while using a clearly not polite tone. And after all of this is said and done, he comforts Sharha. I really don't get why people think that the handkerchief wish is stupid. It's not only a call-back to the first scene of the game, but also a sign of Sonic showing compassion towards the one who nearly betrayed him only to realize the error of her ways.

1 ) Before the Dark Queen, Sonic & the Black Knight.

VzNnPVb.png

This is Sonic. The Sonic I love, that is. Brave, powerful, able to overcome any obstacle on his way. And not with a cheap joke, or sounding like a dork, but by acting like the hero he is. Even on his darkest hour, where everyone tells him to give up. Even when the friend who  helped him on his journey is seemingly killed off, and the other ally has revealed her true colours.  Sonic deserved that shining armour.

Oh, this is easy, especially after that behemoth above.

1 ) Omega and Gemerl.

Omega wants to obliterate every single Eggman robot. Gemerl is, by all account, an Eggman robot. I'd love to see them meet and interact, and it's something I'd like Ian Flynn from the comics to write down, even just for a short story. Especially now that Gemerl IS in the comic.

2) Silver & the rest of the Chaotix.

I still think that Silver being paired with Espio in Rivals 2 was a case of pairing the spares, but since that happened, I'd love to see the humble and polite, yet pragmatic, Silver chat with the boisterous Vector and the scatterbrained Charmy, all while the comically serious Espio stands in a corner unnoticed by everyone.

And I think it would be adorable to see Cream and Cheese interact with that Wentos guys from Unleashed.

And Lancelot or Gawain interact with Shadow or Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 3

Characters I wanna see interact more eh? Huh...

I wanna see more Silver and Blaze. Now that the world resets after Sonic 06, I wanna know how their relationship changed now that Blaze is back in the Sol Dimension. Do they even know each other? Can they still have that friendship that existed in 06? Lots of unanswered questions that I fear won't be answered any time soon.

Speaking of Silver, how about Silver and Shadow? How can two of these contrasting personalities work after 06? Especially now that Shadow might have gone through a bit of a character change over the years once Kirk took the role. Will Shadow be used to Silver because of his experience with Sonic? Or will the grey hedgehog just be a burden to him?

Now to Shadow. How is G.U.N to Shadow nowadays? Does Shadow still work for G.U.N or did that go away with the world reset? A little clarification would be nice. I wanna see how Shadow and the G.U.N commander feel about each other after the events of Shadow The Hedgehog.

06 just left so many unanswered questions in terms of characters and I wanna see them answered!

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 20; Favourite Cutscenes

I need a bit of time to think about day 21 but I know what to write for 20... so please bear with me! :)

1) Sonic 2's Ending

Sonic-2-001.jpg

This ending just blew my tiny little mind when I was a kid; I'd seen nothing like it! The lovely style of the black and white "photos". The way they sort of imply Sonic might've died in the Death Egg's explosion, Tails' going up to find him, Sonic falling through the sky a la Laputa and Tails saving him.... all finished off with a seamless transition between the in-game pixels and the plane flying upwards into the screen, Sonic triumphantly punching the air. It is just so awesome!

2) Sonic 3 Angel Island Opening

c94aaead-6685-4655-a18f-71d2b7d97210_zps

Knuckles punching the Chaos Emeralds outta Super Sonic like it ain't no thang!

3) Sonic vs Knuckles and the Emerald Chamber Raid

(yes I'm counting this as two games, a'right? ;))

Sonic3k_5.gif

Come back Eggman, you wanker!!

After a (frankly too short IMO) fight with Knuckles, Robotnik breaks into the Emerald Chamber and nicks the Master Emerald! Knuckles gets frazzled and proceeds to help Sonic catch up with the rising Death Egg by taking him to the Sky Sanctuary. I used to haaaate having to leave Knuckles panting on that switch but meh, we get to see him kick some butt against the new Metal Sonic! :D

4) Sonic CD's Ending Sequence

be31c61a-9773-486b-82a6-5ac4159b895a_zps

Classic Amy with those spikes!!

I just looooove the animation in Sonic CD. It's just so Sonic! The crumbling away of the boss arena as Sonic escapes, saving Amy, dropping her off safely, checking she is OK before dashing off to pelt rocks at Eggman, and if one is lucky, getting to see a buncha pretty flowers with the congratulatory YOU'RE TOO COOL! message. Damn right, I am.

5) Sonic Adventure's Opening Sequence

sonicadventurechaos.jpg

Where's Godzilla when you need him?!

Now I get that Sega wanted to show off how the Dreamcast could render water, and wooow it looked pretty nifty. I still think the addition of what seems to be real footage in with the animation is a little jarring but meh. Chaos smashing up a skyscraper looks pretty scary for a Sonic game! :D

6) 8 Bit Sonic 2's "Bad" Ending

I get it's supposed to be sad and Tails is supposedly dead(!) but I much prefer this ending to the "good" ending, cause the music is loooovelllllyyyy. :3

7) Sonic 06 Opening "movie"

hqdefault.jpg

Sure, it looks like it belongs in a Final Fantasy game, but it's kinda pretty... and it's the only bit in the game where Sonic actually behaves like Sonic. The bit where he knocks a 'bot off the rails by tapping it with his toe is AoSTH-level hilarious. :B

8) Sonic Unleashed's Opening "movie".

91adf264-fcd8-429b-93be-cc2880de9720_zps

Because apart from that face (yknow the one I mean; that looks like Sonic's gone to see the urologist!) this scene is just jaw-droppingly beautiful. The detail in the animation is astounding! The expressions in Sonic's face is great; you can see his mood rapidly change, you can see the pain he is in as he's frazzled by Eggman's machine. The lighting is nice and glowy, reflected in his shiny, shiny shoes...the background is blurred ever-so slightly. It just looks so.. complete. And I kinda wish all Sonic in 3D looked like this! :B

9)Sonic Generations' Hall of Mirrors

c85d24d0-f9d3-4566-b956-d13be9063773_zps

What happens to me in 2006?!

I was really hoping there would be more to this place than what was in the final version, afterall the levels all have a buncha "gates" to go through. To me it would kinda make sense that each "mirror" could be to a different zone in a different time. Anyways, I like how pudgy little Classic Sonic acts in this scene, poking at his belly and smoothing his spikes! And I love how he's the one to take action first and dash through the rapidly-closing door! You so cool, Classic Sonic! :B

• Thumbs Up 6

Knuckles and Silver. One represents the past (due to his ancestors and his set-up), the other represents the future. I could see them sharing their discoveries and lots of stories.

Tails and the Chaotix. I don't think we've seen them interacting much in the games and I'd love to see how they behave to each others.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Which characters would I like to see interact more?

Hmmmm, well I wouldn't mind seeing Blaze and Omega.

And no, it's not because of the Archie Comics.....

ok, maybe a little bit.....

Since Blaze and Omega are kind of like introverts, it would be interesting how they would interact with one another. I would like to think Omega loves her for how destructive her pyrokinesis is but Blaze would of course, be confused and stuff.

It certainly one interaction I find to be very amusing to say the least but who knows, I guess.

Question #21 - Character Interactions I'd like to See

Sonic and Knuckles barely interact on the newest games, which is a shame, there's a lot to explore here, with Knuckles having a big Ego and being hotheaded, while Sonic is chill and just poking fun at him, but they're still bros even tho' they get on eachother's nerves, this is something I'd like to see more.

Speaking of Knuckles, he and Shadow have a big connection to the Chaos Emeralds, and they're probably the ones who understand them the most, so it would be interesting to see this side of these characters be explored a bit more, and considering both are Sonic's rivals and pretty hot headed, that could make some very interesting scenarios.

Question #21 - Character Interactions I'd like to See

I'd really love to see Amy and Blaze interact more. Amy could influence Blaze to be less demure and more outgoing whilst Blaze could be Amy's more calm-minded foil and serve to calm her down when she gets all a flutter about Sonic. In addition, both could serve well as Cream's older sister figures.

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 21: Which Characters would you like to see interact more

Literally any combination that isn't just made of Sonic, Tails and Eggman.

...That's not going to cut it is it? That's fair.

Orbot & Cubot and the other side characters

That's a pretty poor title. To clarify, I would like to see Orbot & Cubot encounter and interact with the likes of Cream, Shadow, Rouge etc. I think there's some interesting dynamics possible there.

The pair are often out on the field doing much of the physical labour required by Eggman's latest plot. This gets them away from the Doctor himself for a while and makes further interactions possible. We've seen Sonic's interactions with them amounting to him using them to bounce jokes off of. I can imagine other characters handling them quite differently.

Shadow would likely use them for information and get it simply through empty threats and general intimidation. On the flip side, I could imagine them manipulating the likes of Cream in order to get information for their own needs. Cream seems the sort that would find them too cute to say no to. 

I'm a fan of Eggman's current lackeys and I think they could be developed further through interaction with the extended cast.

DAY TWENTY ONE: CHARACTER INTERACTIONS I'D LIKE TO SEE MORE

Eggman with basically any character he meets, excluding Sonic, Tails, Orbot and Cubot. It's been a while since I've seen him talk to Knuckles for a long time, and I know everyone's probably tired of him getting duped. I'd also like to see him talk about lesser known characters, like the Chaotix, if he still remembers them after what happened in Knuckles' Chaotix and Heroes. 

I'd also like to see some more interactions between Sonic's rivals. They're all awfully fast (sans Silver, and Knuckles, depending on who you talk to), but they've never really competed with each other canonically. I'd also love to see if they'd have any sort of banter towards each other, since Sonic's probably rubbed off with each of them after being his rival for so long. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 21: What are some character interactions *ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE MAIN CAST LIKE WOW* I'd like to see?

You know, I've actually asked myself this question quite recently. I think that seeing both Shadow and Tails interacting would be pretty cool. It's funny how these two characters have been in a lot of the same games but have rarely ever said anything to each other. I think the only time we've ever seen actual interaction between them was in that Sonic X episode when Shadow starts beating everyone up in the ship while trying to kill Cosmo; and even then Tails was running away from him.

I believe there could be a great story behind that kind of team. It'd be interesting to see Tails try to communicate with someone who is much like his best friend in structure but completely different in mindset. Imagine a plot where all the characters get split up and Tails and Shadow wind up getting put in the same place and have to work together to get out. It might just be me but I think that would be pretty cool to see.

• Thumbs Up 3

Uncommon character interactions I'd like to see more of...

14uclyu.jpg

Shadow and the Chaotix

Though they've only briefly touched upon it with ShTH and Sonic X, I've always found this mix pretty interesting. You've got the Chaotix, who are always tackling tons of different, oddball cases for whatever customer teaming up with Shadow, a renegade who usually sticks to his own objectives, but always seeks to complete them. I think Shadow adds a neat "wild" element to the Chaotix's already pretty crazy motley crew that makes it even more fun to see how the operation turns out in the end. Kind of like an unofficial Chaotix member, but not really at the same time. There's also a kind of "kindred spirit" angle you could play off of, with the Chaotix often going about their own business without getting roped up in Sonic's adventures being similar to Shadow's own kind of inconsistent place in Sonic's world at large. I doubt they'll ever even think about putting these guys together again outside of maybe the comics, but I always thought it was a fun mash-up.

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly, I would love to see Sonic interact more with Vector. I have to wonder how that would work. Vector and Sonic seem to have a lot in common, yet I can't help but think that Vector's at times bossy nature would put him at odds with the free-spirited hedgehog. It would be rather interesting to have them have to work together on something.

~SSMB Has Cleared Ichneumous Interaction Act 21!~

"I'll be back." - Gnasty Gnorc, Me Myself and Iblis (200X)

Question #22: Which commercials are the most memorable for you?

6662-2.jpg

I'm just like any other human being, if anything it's practically expected of me to come with my own mildly annoying running gags.

The evil mad scientist Dr. Crusher is up to his old nasty tricks again. "SSMB…that annoying, impertinent message forum. Thanks to those members, my great plans are always laid to waste! Oh, but this time, I'm going to rub them out with the power of science! Ha ha ha ha ha…"

SSMB is a treasure trove of posts and ancient private messages. They say that it's the forum where the mystical Ban Hammers lie. The Ban Hammers are a super-material that give energy to all living beings. Also, when applied to scientific purposes, they can be used for nuclear and laser based weaponry. However, nobody knows exactly how to get ahold of these hammers. At the same time, though, they do say that the reason why SSMB is always online is because the hammers are somewhere inside the forum's hazy topics.

One day, crisis visited upon the forum. And who showed up with it but Dr. Crusher and his cronies. "I'll find those hammers even if I have to shut down the entire forum to do it!"

Dr. Crusher set up a fort in the Personal Discussion section of the forum, and went about carrying out his plan.

"Crusher, you still haven't had enough?" *super-injunction* hurried as soon as he heard the news. Dr. Crusher never seemed to leave him alone, even though *super-injunction* had banned him every time so far. It sounded like Dr. Crusher considered *super-injunction* his sworn enemy, but he was never any match for *super-injunction*.

However, this time something is amiss.

"Have you seen it, *super-injunction*? This time is going to be different! Because this time, I've turned all the members on the forum into robots!"

"E, Everybody!?"

"All of them go about in accordance to my orders. In other words, *super-injunction*, everyone on the forum is your enemy! Gya ha ha ha ha ha ha *cough* *ack* *ahem*. This time, the world really will be all mine!"

This is terrible! Hurry! *super-injunction* - everyone is waiting for your help!

Ah, now wasn't that a lovely retelling of the classic Sonic story. Anyway, here's a question that's completely unrelated. Which Sonic commercials do you have fond memories of?

NOTE: It doesn't have to be a commercial for a game. You can choose an advert for a cartoon or a piece of merchandise.

Crusher's Thoughts: I barely saw that many Sonic commercials when I was a little kid due to me only getting into the Sonic series from 2003 onwards (I think the only one I had ever caught beforehand was the GameCube's "Brown VS White" one for Sonic Adventure 2: Battle), but despite having to look many of the commercials up on YouTube in order to see them for myself for the first time, that doesn't mean they're any less memorable or even nostalgic for me.

I'll get one of the obvious choices out of the way and go with the Japanese commercial for the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive/Genesis. I like how everyone in this fictional city is already having a celebration for Sonic and cheering him on even though by this point they would realistically have no idea who he is. The guy driving the car must be pretty good if he didn't crash into anything while Sonic was in the way of his view and doing tricks on the front of the car like an asshole. Only thing Sonic's missing is a burberry cap and a bottle of Buckfast.

Not to ignore the other Japanese commercial for Sonic 1, as that one is good stuff in it's own right, even though Sonic doesn't go through a desert, Big Ben, or under the sea at any point in the game. Even so, it's funny to see the Death Egg when it wasn't supposed to exist yet.

Then there's the Japanese commercial for Sonic CD. It's really kickass anyway, but the story behind this one is that I had actually first seen the Sonic VS Metal Sonic parts on a YTMND of all things, but for a long time I never knew what it was supposed to be exactly (I knew it was CD-related, obviously, but that was it). For some reason it wasn't until much later in life that I found out, oh, right, it was for a commercial. Dummy.

Then there's this one for Sonic Advance 3... another Japanese one... which is memorable to me simply because of the way "dog" is pronounced.

And finally, here's another obvious and Japanese one, because we can't be going for a subject like this without some good old funky action. Like with the last question, there's plenty more where that came from when it comes to which adverts I personally find memorable, but I suspect that the rest of you will mention the rest of those in question anyway, so thanks in advance for that I guess. Question is, how many of them will be from Japan.

So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~

• Thumbs Up 5

Question #22: Which commercials are the most memorable for you?

https://youtu.be/m7Q0_DgXHG0

There's one Sonic ad that is very memorable ... for all the wrong reasons.

Seriously, I sometimes hear "Rouge And Amy Tennis" pop into my head and burst into laughter.

As for one that is less memorable due to no bad CGI but I always remember do to seeing it quite a few times:

https://youtu.be/BQPOtS1-PGw

I remember everything from this commercial, the old heroes, the gameplay, the Gamecube whisper and Sonic's shout of Sega!

Fun fact: I thought Sonic was actually saying that in game for quite some time, but he was actually yelling "hiyah!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Question #22: Which commercials are the most memorable for you?

Well, this is a hard one, seeing as Game Commercials are scarce in the UK, and Sonic ones are even harder to see (The only ones I can recall seeing is the Riders commercial, and Generations commercial)  

But I guess...

''Use the speed of day, and the power of night!''

This was a really damn good ad for Sonic Unleashed, showing some pretty damn great action from both the Day and Night sections of Sonic Unleashed, plus just how fucking awesome the speed sections looked, as well as making great use of the teaser trailer of Sonic smashing the ring into the wall, leaving a dent.

Oh and there's this one:

This one is sort of just for the sake of nostalgia, for people in the UK who remembers Woolworths, but it's honestly amusing that they felt the need to create their own advertisement for Sonic Riders, especially to say that it's gotten a price cut and it features high speed action from Sonic.