Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog Mk.II (Daft and Tolerating It)-PAGE 72, FIN

Dr. Crusher

Question #16: What is your favourite cheat and/or glitch?

Debug Mode

debug.png

Like I mentioned previously, debug mode turns the classic games into a big sandbox of crazy. There's a lot of fun to be had playing around with all the various objects of each level and doing all kinds of broken things, and as an added bonus, there's also the ability to access any part of the level and explore paths as unintended characters.

Question #17: Which characters/bosses/enemies/etc have the most amusing designs to you?

Strangely enough, "Buffles".

knuckles_concept_art_sonic_boom_game_by_

The reason for this is because to me, you can almost tell that the character designer had a pretty good design in theory, but as the design began it's transition into actual model and animation it all just fell apart. Compare the initial concept art with the renders;

160px-Sonic_Boom_Knuckles_2.png

and now he just looks like Knuckles' head attached to some bulky body. It almost looks unnatural, and that's being generous and leaving out his model from the initial teaser art, or worst yet, the actual games. Luckily he does look better in the tv show

Question #18: Realistically, which character(s) would you say you would have the biggest chance(s) of befriending?

534px-Sonic_Channel_-_Big_the_Cat_2013.p

Big is my kind of guy; a good day is one where we can relax and not have anything weighing us down. Also, in the past couple years I've come to really appreciate how relaxing it is to go fishing, so I would totally enjoy spending the quiet afternoon at a lake or pier, especially with someone so friendly and laid back... and fluffy.

Day 18: Realistically, which character(s) would you say you would have the biggest chance(s) of befriending?

I'm the kind of person that is willing to be friend anyone-as long as you will contribute something positive to my life and definitely not be anything detrimental to it. Assuming I had a chance to befriend the massive cast of characters in the Sonic series across all continuities the possibilities would be endless if they all fit the criteria above. Now as for the biggest chance among all of these characters, Cream, Tails, and Sonic come to mind first and foremost.

I have a huge soft spot for children, so befriending them is very important to me. Not to mention it's easier to do IMO due to the qualities they possess. Especially these two:

HEFJ7VS.png?1

Cream and I are a lot alike. In fact, she is the character in the Sonic franchise that I resonate with the most. Cream is polite, friendly, tries her very best and enjoys helping out others. Cream tries her best and everything she tries to do. Helping people due to an obligation is one thing; helping people because you actually like to do so is another, and that's exactly how I feel like Cream does.

As much as I like to move about for social and recreational activities, Cream would be the kind of friend that would keep me still somewhat baking cakes, cookies and the like and doing things like crocheting or knitting cute things and even scrapbooking, which is fine with me seeing that's something I love doing anyway :)

fN8WWGn.png?1

Tails is kind, sweet-natured, supportive and loyal with a positive attitude and is always willing to help out others, which are some fine qualities to have in a friend. Tails' intelligence and vast knowledge on gadgets and other things could end up with me learning a lot from him including learning to fly a plane :P Not to mention Tails would be a cool person to play video games with as I'm sure he would kick my butt and not brag about like a certain someone in the series that we know ;)

LBRyzj6.png?1

While Sonic is nothing but a big kid at heart, and even though he would drive me insane with his impatience and bragging as I am the complete opposite of him in those regards among others, I think we could and would be good friends as we do have some things in common.

Like Sonic, I am fully committed to helping out those in any kinds of trouble or distress all within my means, even if doing so would have consequences and inconvenience me in the process. I also aim to be honest and always keeps my promises, no matter what it could potentially cost me as well. Sonic and I both are very loyal towards our friends. We both don't like to stay in one place for long so I could us hanging out in all sorts of different places.

Sonic's corny sense of humor is actually funny to me for the most part so I know I would get plenty of laughs from Sonic. Communication between Sonic and I would not be a problem as we both tend to talk too much :P Not to mention I know he would definitely make a point to comfort and cheer me up if I was feeling upset or sad which is an excellent quality for a friend to have :)

• Thumbs Up 8

Day 18:

This is a tough one, but I'd think Tails and I would get along the best. He's a supportive and friendly individual that I think would be easy to be buds with, provided you don't bully or ignore him.

Day 18:

This is a tough one, but I'd think Tails and I would get along the best. He's a supportive and friendly individual that I think would be easy to be buds with, provided you don't bully or ignore him.

Day 17: Interesting Character Design Episode 1 ft. Your Neighborhood SSMBers

Mecha-s3k-chargeup-ani.gif

Why hello there mister

So in terms of design, Mecha/Silver Sonic has always interested me the most. Metal Sonic has a more iconic design but come on!

doesn't he look so badass

The visor, robotic plating, this is like the Boom Knuckles version of Metal Sonic. And it looks radical. He's particularly interesting because of how drastically different he looks as a robot eggman modeled after Sonic. Staring at his sprites for a good bit after deciding I thought his design was the most amusing it's like his legs are really, really long. In the older days, he would look pretty intimidating. If I was playing Sonic games around the time it came out (Which wouldn't be the case because I was born way after Sonic 2/3/Knuckles came out). He looks mysterious, evil, and has large legs. Expect his return in Sanic Bam: Rise of Memes.

Day 18: Time to make friends?

I guess the obvious answer would be Tails!

2550911-tails2.jpg

We both show interest in similar things, like engineering, technology and gadgets. While I'd say Sonic (Due to our similarities to personality), I feel like that Tails would most likely befriend me more easily. Personality-wise, Tails is the kind of character I'd get along with. His kind of humble and kind personality is similar to a lot of my best friends, so it would be a surprise to see ourselves not get along :P

~SSMB Has Cleared Friendly Acquaintance Flabelliform Act 18!~

"Drown in darkness!" - Willy Wonka, Sonic and the Wondrous Boat Ride (1971)

Question #19: Regardless of how close or how far the similarities start and finish, which character(s) would you say you sound the most similar to?

1405094088978.jpg

I don't like to talk about my brief career in voice acting.

Time for a question relating to voices. But probably not the one you were hoping for. Sorry about that. (Just kidding, I'm not.)

There are real people out there who sound like hyperactive surfers, just like Sonic. There are real people out there who sound like disgruntled employees, just like Knuckles. There are real people out there who sound like I.T. experts, just like Silver. There are real people out there who sound like Al Capone's henchmen, just like Vector. There are real people out there who sound like they always talk in riddles, just like Ristar. There are real people out there who sound like fortune tellers, just like Blaze. There are real people out there who sound like wise deities, just like Dedede. There are real people out there who sound like authentic Spanish citizens, just like Shadow. There are real people out there who sound like junior Frankensteins, just like Crusher. There are real p-Okay the point is, we all sound similar to one or two fictional characters in some way, however little said similarities may be. So which Sonic examples sound in any way reminiscent of yourself?

Crusher's Thoughts: It's Tails again for me. Because despite being twenty two years of age at this time of writing, I still sound like I'm only fifteen. And I don't mean "Wow, I sound so youthful for my age, I'm doing really great in life" fifteen, I mean "It's only because of my height that I was allowed to even be here" fifteen. I sometimes find it hard to take myself seriously due to how ridiculous my voice sounds as a result, especially when it feels as though everyone around you sounds way cooler and nicer in comparison. Then again, nobody has ever outright complained about the way I sound, so maybe it isn't so bad. (Funny thing is, in my head, I imagine Tails having a slightly older-sounding voice than the ones he usually has due to how down to earth he is.)

To a lesser extent, I also sound a little like Gamma, as I too sound like a machine even at my happiest or saddest. Then there's Black Doom, for all the times in which no one understands a single thing I'm saying. Maybe even Jet as well, seeing how my pitch often goes all over the place?

So with that out of the way, you may now post awaaaaaayyyy!~

• Thumbs Up 2

Question #19: Regardless of how close or how far the similarities start and finish, which character(s) would you say you sound the most similar to?

I say Silver, the pitch of my voice is somewhere in the middle, not too high, not too low, which is what I would describe Silver.

The formally common but now rare sound of me yelling sounds similar to him, I sound angry but I also sound kinda goofy.

And when I'm relaxed, my voice takes a tone of "aw yeah, I did it" which can be seen when he wins a match at one of MASAOG games.

I can't recall ever saying "It's no use" though.

• Thumbs Up 3

You're really ramping up the difficulty here Crusher.

Well, I'm not sure, I guess I might sound like Tails' Lost World voice a bit? Maybe Knuckles' more gruff voice? I'm not entirely sure but if I had to choose a character I sound like, it would either be Tails Lost World/Boom version or Knuckles' Adventure 2 voice. I'd say I sound more like Tails!LW when my voice is soften and more like Adventure 2!Knuckles when it's rougher. Even at that, it's extremely far away from any voices from the seriesOther than that, I don't really know what else to say here to be honest :P

• Thumbs Up 1

This... is a tricky one, since not only do I have the curse blessing of a British accent, but I also sound (in my opinion) scarily similar to my dad. As in, nearly a carbon copy. So this is a hard one. I guess Scott Dreier's Knuckles sounds the closest in that regard, since it's a fairly deep and stoic voice.

30 Days of Sonic Act 2 Day 19: Which Sonic characters do I sound similar to?

Alright Crusher. This is a hard one. Just as I thought the questions weren't that hard, this comes up. Anyway, my answer for this question is, honestly, I don't really feel my voice is similar to any Sonic characters but If I had to pick one I guess I would choose Knuckles voice from the Adventure games because he's calm and while I'm not really sure on my own voice, I'd say I sound calm like him. That's all I have to say on this.

Day 19 complete!

Like a weird hybrid between Boom Knuckles and Silver, due to my slightly nasally tone yet ability to have a deeper voice if I tried.

Question 19: What character do you sound the most similar to? 

I'm sorry, but this is a really hard question for me. I seriously don't sound or talk like ANYONE from the series. 

Like, my voice is not even that similar to anyone. I do have a lower voice but it does not sound like any version of Knuckles at all. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I sound more like Espio in certain ways more than anyone else. It's still not close, and my voice is certainly higher pitched than his, but my voice can sound a bit like his in the right conditions, I guess. I would have to be trying a deeper voice, but I can make my voice sound like him. 

Blaze I think. In that I try to sound as clear as possible due to having to break away from my accent to make communication less annoying due to being misunderstood. Somewhat close to her tone too.

I also tend to have a more elaborate vocabulary regarding the way I articulate which is somewhat similar to Blaze's speech pattern.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day XIV: Familiar Voices

Normally, I sound like Roger Craig Smith's Domino's Pizza Sonic, but I can pull off a decent Big the Cat, and Grounder with slight tweaks. I can even do Blaze and Zavok as well.

Day 19: Regardless of how close or how far the similarities start and finish, which character(s) would you say you sound the most similar to?

Wellll, my voice is pretty deep and almost deadpan at times (basing this on whenever I've listened to recordings of my voice, haha), so...the closest I can think of is maybe Shadow? I dunno if I could do a full on impression of any of his voices, but yeah, he's the only character that comes to mind.

i'm not sure.. so long i don't hear myself.. i dislike my voice when i hear it.. XD hehehe

so i would say like Tails' actual voice...  its shrill but not that much... almost like Amy.. but not like Minnie Mouse Amy :D hahha...

Good question. I myself think my voice a little higher pitched than what I keep telling myself at my age, which is funny because people say I sound more mature than what my age lets on. This is kinda difficult to pinpoint, but I would sound akin to late Jason Griffith with a mix of current Roger Criag Smith. I may sound older but I certainly think otherwise sometimes, again because I question how high pitched my voice can be sometimes. With that said, compared to say, five years ago I do have much lower voice overall.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 19: What character do I most sound like:

This is the toughest question yet, mostly because I don't talk very often (this forum makes up about 80% of all my daily communicating), so I'm not as familiar with my own voice as I should be. But....

As strange as this'll sound, I'll go with...

Comedy_Chimp_Profile.png

Comedy Chimp!

I too have a gruff, yet quirky voice! And I frequently make terrible puns. So from now on, just read all my text with his voice! (Just make it a wee bit higher-pitched, imagine me talking very quickly, and add in frequent stuttering.

• Thumbs Up 2

DAY 19: VOICE SIMILARITIES

I think I sound slightly similar to Knuckles (Scott Dreier). It's kinda baritone, really chill-sounding, and Idon't really raise my voice much, and neither did Knuckles in SA2 and Heroes. And when we do raise our voices, it doesn't change much in terms of pitch/tone. Yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Goodness, I missed a lot. @_@ The only disadvantage of vacations. Hey, at least I can catch up while I have time on my hands.

Day 12: What is your most nostalgic memory with the franchise?  

Probably the hype and such for Colors. It was the first Sonic game I experienced the community-wide excitement for, and it led me back here after a couple of years prior of lurking. Took me another year to finally join, but hey. :D I still get nostalgia even watching footage of the Wii version.

Day 14: Which deleted/beta/cancelled/etc concept from the franchise interests you the most?

Well, there's so many interesting things of that nature within this franchise, but I'll go ahead and say Hidden Palace Zone. It's an incomplete level buried deep in Sonic 2's code; how could I not like good ol' secrets? I love the concept and the music is both catchy and mysterious. I find myself humming it from time to time.

Day 15: What little things do you like to do in the games that isn't an inherent gameplay goal?

There's a lot of satisfaction that comes with collecting Rings. You only really need a single one of them to survive a level, but hearing that iconic sound as the Rings sparkle away is just such a great feeling.

Day 16: What is your favourite cheat and/or glitch?

My mind's currently drawing a blank on any of those...besides the infamous Knuckles jump glitch in Rise of Lyric. I mean, it's both hilarious and gamebreaking. Got an obstacle in your path? INFINI-JUMP TO THE MOON.

sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric_knuckes-pause-j

Absolutely beautiful.

Day 17: Which characters/bosses/enemies/etc have the most amusing designs to you?

Hatsun the pigeon. A realistic animal in a Sonic game? A pigeon of all things? Why does it have a name?!?! All of these things just make me giggle at the bird. (not to mention the "Hatsun Mi-coo" jokes; those are the greatest)

Names alone and simple realism aside though, Sonic Man is pretty hilarious.

Sonic_Man.jpg

Gotta go fast.

Day 18: Realistically, which character(s) would you say you would have the biggest chance(s) of befriending?

Definitely Tails and Cream. I get along well with kids, and those two would be no exception. I'd actually be rather eager to learn the basics of robotics from Tails, and I just feel my personality as a whole would connect with his. Cream actually kinda reminds me of my childhood, from being a very girly-girl to being the same species the majority of my toys were, so I certainly feel I'd get along with her well. :)

Day 19: Regardless of how close or how far the similarities start and finish, which character(s) would you say you sound the most similar to?

I suppose a mix of Blaze and Tails. I have a voice that isn't too deep or high; I guess I could say I have one of the most basic female voices. Despite growing up in the South, I have no accent of the sort. :P When I get really happy, my voice goes up and I sound more like Tails.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sound almost exactly like Cream from the 4kids dub of Sonic X

the resemblance is uncanny, i tell ya

Serious answer is a tough one, though. My drawl is actually pretty thick and that makes it pretty difficult to pin onto any of these characters. My voice is kind of low, but not deep. It's not loud, but I don't talk in a shy whisper. I feel like it's kind of raspy, but not in that old person sense. It's hard to describe and it isn't exactly close, but I would probably say Shadow out of all the voices in the series.

"where's that damn fourth chaos emerald"

This is a tough one because it isn't really a set in stone answer. In the general tone I'll speak in it's close to that, though, I guess.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 18

A character I'm most likely to be friends with? Hm, I guess either Knuckles or Shadow. Like them, I'm pretty quiet and take things seriously most of the time. That and even though their not the most social of characters, I think they're one of those guys that can be super cool once they finally decide to open up and get to know you. Plus I think it would be cool if they decided to give me tours of Angel Island or the ARK.

Day 19

My voice is really deep, but it's also kind of smooth and calm sounding. With that said, I think my voice sounds a lot like Scott Driers rendition of Knuckles. Plus like his version of Knux, when we do get excited, angry, or scared, the pitches of our voices don't change that much.

That and whenever I get a sore throat, I kind of sound like Jason Griffith's Shadow. Lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have half an hour before I leave for the airport so let's dooo thisss!

Day 19: Which Character Do You Most Sound Like?

I hate this question. >:U

Okay, well, umm, I'll go with Cream. When I talk to others, especially someone I don't know, I tend to be a little anxious, a little shy, and I always speak in this really quiet, soft voice. I do also tend to use Mr. and Ms. when addressing someone to try and be as polite as possible. So, in that sense I think I'm a lot like Cream. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea of me, so I try to be as careful and nice as I can when talking to others. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Question #19 - Which Sonic character you sound like the most?

SELF-DEPRECATION TIME

Silver - My voice is REALLY annoying sometimes, I don't know how people can take it, it's this weird eargrading voice, I can barely control when I'm talking too loud or not, and sometimes it sounds acute, almost child like, so yeah, pretty much Silver's voice.

At this point I just accepted my voice sucks and I try to not be annoying with it when possible, since I know how annoying it is and I don't want it to bother people :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 19: Which Sonic character do I *how do I even begin to answer this...* sound like the most?

I... honestly don't know. It's always weird hearing myself on video as it always seems like I have a different voice every time. Especially comparing it to how it sounds in my head. If I had to choose a character... it'd probably be Shadow (Jason's version). My voice seems to constantly be in a low pitch (especially when I'm tired) so I guess Shadow fits the bill. That or Espio... or Big... on second thought, not Big. XD

My voice tends to fluctuate at times between being higher-pitched and lower-pitched. I'd say that when I'm higher-pitched I sound more like Sonic, and then when I'm lower-pitched I sound more like Knuckles. I do impressions as a hobby, and the voice I use for Knuckles is pretty much a super-deepened version of my voice. ...It hurts to do. :( My Sonic impression however I think is one of the ones that sound most different from my normal voice.

• Thumbs Up 2