Awoo.

The Ratchet & Clank Topic - Rift Apart - RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2021

Ryannumber1gamer

Yep. Gon' get a PS4 for sure.

Holy fuck take my money that game looks beautiful.

I'm impressed that they managed to reign in the art style back to the original trilogy's. I wasn't much of a fan of some of the aesthetic merits of the later PS3 ones (and everything shown about the movie so far has looked pretty "off"), so it's cool to see that original upbeat future-ish style return.

Ratchet in the first game is such a stereotypical case of "90's mascot" it hurts, I'm glad they revamped his personality in later sequels.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now I'm imagining Ratchet saying "What could possibly go wrong?"...right before everything goes to hell.

The game looks like it'll be quite fun. Hope I'll have gotten my PS4 by the time this comes out.

Now I'm imagining Ratchet saying "What could possibly go wrong?"...right before everything goes to hell.

The game looks like it'll be quite fun. Hope I'll have gotten my PS4 by the time this comes out.

Well, he was sort of guilty of that in Tools of Destruction... he's all confident Tachyon's beaten, says Clank is worrying too much since it's not like a horror movie where the bad guy comes back...

....and thennnn they're both dragged into the other dimension by Tachyon's chair claw thing.

Don't jinx yourself, kids!

An artist for the game has shared some of the details about his work.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/r...-and-clank-ps4

After waiting for months, I can FINALLY show people a couple of the things I worked on last year for Insomniac Games on their new Ratchet and Clank game.

I was responsible for taking high-res film assets for Captain Qwark at 0:52, the (very blurry) character in the background at 0:54, and the space ship seen at 0:56, and retopologizing, baking a ton of 4K textures on multiple sheets to a single texture, and a bit of other modeling and sculpting.

EE381554-53A9-414E-99FD-5C0D85588EAC_zps

I created the game-res model and textures for Captain Qwark, the character in green seen here.

I created the in-game and in-engine cinematics models and textures for this space ship.

B2993BB2-B543-42D4-9AA5-FBA7384349B2_zps

They're legit using the ACTUAL film assets. That is beyond fucking rad. Already pre-ordered it.

• Thumbs Up 9

"The game based on the movie based on the game."

And quite similarly... it has models borrowed from the movie borrowed from the game!

Some small tidbits from PlayStation Blog replies include the game being 1080p and running at 30 frames per second (*hears boos*), 10-12 hours length plus extras and of course the fact that it's a full game that is way bigger than Into the Nexus despite the price tag. That last thing should have been obvious but I know people like to be skeptics.

I watched the trailer at 1/4th speed multiple times and can safely say that almost every single planet from the original game is present in that small running montage at the end. Novalis, Kalebo III, Rilgar, Batalia, Blarg Station, Kerwan, Gaspar, Pokitaru, etc. I'll make some comparison shots when I get home today.

So long as we don't have Rise of Lyric levels of choppiness, I'm okay with a lower FPS.

Wouldn't it be glorious if this was all a bullshot on Sony's part a la the Rise of Lyric reveal? Muhahaha!

The difference being I actually trust Insomniac and Sony.

I am so fucking excited. This is going to be a fucking system seller for PS4, and as for those assholes who think gritty shooters and realistic bullshit is the only good thing in games, and if they think animated or stylised graphics are for kids, they are fucking wrong and missing out big time.

This is going to be a amazing PS4 and I'm excited for it.

Some small tidbits from PlayStation Blog replies include the game being 1080p and running at 30 frames per second (*hears boos*), 10-12 hours length plus extras and of course the fact that it's a full game that is way bigger than Into the Nexus despite the price tag. That last thing should have been obvious but I know people like to be skeptics.

I watched the trailer at 1/4th speed multiple times and can safely say that almost every single planet from the original game is present in that small running montage at the end. Novalis, Kalebo III, Rilgar, Batalia, Blarg Station, Kerwan, Gaspar, Pokitaru, etc. I'll make some comparison shots when I get home today.

I could have sworn we got some 60fps gameplay...

Did any of the other Rachets run at 60? 

I could have sworn we got some 60fps gameplay...

Did any of the other Rachets run at 60?

Every Ratchet game prior to All 4 One ran 60 FPS. Well except for that Clank PSP game.

Every Ratchet game prior to All 4 One ran 60 FPS. Well except for that Clank PSP game.

Oh.

Well in that case 30fps is pretty disappointing...

Oh.

Well in that case 30fps is pretty disappointing...

But honestly though, I'll trade 60FPS for Pixar quality graphics.

• Thumbs Up 1

I quite honestly don't care as long as the game's FPS is consistant and smooth.

As long as the game is good (and I have no doubt it will be), does framerate really matter?

Exactly. I didn't see anyone complain about Super Mario 64's framerate.

tumblr_mem8ne1oQV1rdvztso1_500_large.gif

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Okay, you know what? Screw it. I'm gonna skip the PS2 original and just wait until this one comes out. Because this. Looks. Amazing! Yep, think I might just buy a PS4 for this one!

So I bought the original Ratchet on Vita yesterday (standalone version), and while the port is rough around the edges....I am really enjoying it! I love everything about it, the open ended gameplay, the goofy atmosphere and cartoony graphics, the music, and even the (aged) animation. It really has a certain charm to it that I cannot help but love, and from what I have heard, Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are even better. This is a series I would like to keep on my radar, and I will definitely be buying the PS4 reboot. 

The PS3 remasters were less than stellar, bits of the games were still SD and I encountered glitches that would freeze the games. And the less said about the remastering of Deadlocked, the better...

I do hope if they DO remaster the Future trilogy in the future, they get somebody competent enough to remaster them properly and not fudge it up again.

Well. Turns out Insomniac plan very very very far ahead:

500px-Magazene_-_RandC_Movie.jpg

Where did you find this?

Once you finish the original Ratchet & Clank, you unlock a option in the goodies menu entitled Epilogue, featuring a bunch of funny magazine parodies, newspaper pranks, and the movie poster above featuring the in game characters,

As long as the game is good (and I have no doubt it will be), does framerate really matter?

Kind of if the game benefits from it but ratchet games nowadays don't really move at that fast of a pace so as long as its consistent 30 is pretty good.

I just noticed something. In the gameplay demo, both the Megacorp logo and the Gadgetron logo appears in Metropolis. I wonder does that mean Megacorp has some shops in Ratchet's galaxy now.