Awoo.

The Ratchet & Clank Topic - Rift Apart - RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2021

Ryannumber1gamer

Well, I'll say. But if the game uses movie scenes for cutscenes, then it'll be a bit of a turnoff for me. The gameplay nonetheless still looks like a load of fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check it out! New movie screenshots:

Spoiler

Ratchet et Clank : Photo

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I find that last one to be particularly interesting...

Here's where I got them: http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm-220973/photos/

I believe the last time we got new screenshots it wasn't long before we got a new trailer (edit: specifically, only nine days), and with the release of the movie getting closer each day, be sure to look out for that. My hype is, once again, rekindled!

I SEE CRONK IN THE SCREENSHOT WITH QWARK! FUTURE CHARACTERS ARE CONFIRMED

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I SEE CRONK IN THE SCREENSHOT WITH QWARK! FUTURE CHARACTERS ARE CONFIRMED

It's just generic galactic ranger bot that's of the same make as Cronk, not Cronk himself

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

It's just generic galactic ranger bot that's of the same make as Cronk, not Cronk himself

You have to keep in mind, Cronk and Zephyr were war bots before they met Talwyn, maybe we'll see them as warbots before they met Talwyn

You have to keep in mind, Cronk and Zephyr were war bots before they met Talwyn, maybe we'll see them as warbots before they met Talwyn

You also have to keep in mind that the Cronk and Zephyr we know are rather ancient, and they seem to be longtime friends of Talwyn, too. This movie would only take place a few years before Tools of Destruction.

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

You also have to keep in mind that the Cronk and Zephyr we know are rather ancient, and they seem to be longtime friends of Talwyn, too. This movie would only take place a few years before Tools of Destruction.

But it's also a reboot, there's a possibility that they are changing some details. Perhaps Cronk and Zeph bring active warbots while still growing up with Talwyn, either way it's an awesome reference.

• Thumbs Up 1

But it's also a reboot, there's a possibility that they are changing some details. Perhaps Cronk and Zeph bring active warbots while still growing up with Talwyn, either way it's an awesome reference.

Well, I guess we will see in time. I definitely agree that it's a cool reference either way.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

They would be cool to see, for sure. They were fun characters!

Still don't know why they were killed off in Into the Nexus. Was really pointless from a storytelling standpoint. They could have been captured and it still would have given Ratchet a personal stake in things.

1 hour ago, Toa Axis said:

They would be cool to see, for sure. They were fun characters!

Still don't know why they were killed off in Into the Nexus. Was really pointless from a storytelling standpoint. They could have been captured and it still would have given Ratchet a personal stake in things.

They were killed off likely to show how much of a threat Vendra was, and to show that the stakes were even greater. If a villain successfully kills off a hero, that shows how dangerous they are compared to others, and establishes the urgency in stopping else another hero falls to them.

I mean, if they were captured, it would have a completely different feel to it.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

It seems the movie's finally being advertised! Check out these two TV Spots for Ratchet and Clank:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XSnVTmdpfU&list=PL7ruvLJNElbSuDatsOAG4lEFU74u3Q8JZ&index=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7e8RM6anK8&list=PL7ruvLJNElbSuDatsOAG4lEFU74u3Q8JZ&index=4

I especially love the A Crack in Time reference!

Wow those are bad. To me, at least, they don't really tell you anything about the film itself. Very odd.

And where is the CiT reference?

2 hours ago, Toa Axis said:

Wow those are bad. To me, at least, they don't really tell you anything about the film itself. Very odd.

And where is the CiT reference?

Keep in mind, these are made to get kids' attention and appeal to them specifically, and apparently it's already working. Look really closely at the spots (perhaps take some screenshots with the volume on mute) and you'll see some cool stuff.

Anyway, it may not actually be a reference, but after the last trailer where we saw Ratchet fighting Nefarious in a circular arena, it certainly looks like one: near the end of the "Hip Hop" spot, Ratchet whacks Nefarious across the face with his Wrench, like how in ACiT he used a bomb, causing Nefarious to spin around. It's highly reminiscent, at least to me. 

The more kids interested, the better I say. We need some new and younger blood for this franchise.

Well, a new issue of PlayStation magazine is out today, and there's information on the movie and game inside, though I don't know how much since I don't have a copy of my own. Anyway, we now have this PS4 screenshot of planet Veldin in the daytime, before Ratchet meets Clank (spoilered because, well, kinda spoilery, and also big):

Spoiler

Ca7d4JJW0AAm0gs.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 1

Qwark crayola plans confirmed to be coming back for the movie. Heck. YES. I wonder what other classic gags they'll bring back...

Spoiler

Ca-nwHoUMAARaCd.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm very excited for this film and can't believe we're so close to the release! It's gonna be so weird, yet so amazing seeing all these guys on the big screen. 

I also just watched some gameplay of the PS4 game and wow it looks gorgeous! It's so nice to see a PS4 game using the power of the console to create a more cartoony type of game. It makes me wonder how a well developed Sonic title would look on it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Which reminds me, since I got the issue of Official Playstation Magazine which had the article, they are seriously taking the "The Game Based on The Movie, Based on The Game" tagline seriously. As in, the game is literally based on the movie. As in Qwark is going to be narrating the entire game, and skewing events in order to bloat up his, and the Galactic Rangers' ego.

Which reminds me, since I got the issue of Official Playstation Magazine which had the article, they are seriously taking the "The Game Based on The Movie, Based on The Game" tagline seriously. As in, the game is literally based on the movie. As in Qwark is going to be narrating the entire game, and skewing events in order to bloat up his, and the Galactic Rangers' ego.

Yeah, that was revealed a long time ago. You can even hear Qwark narrating in some of the demo levels.  

2 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Yeah, that was revealed a long time ago. You can even hear Qwark narrating in some of the demo levels.  

No, I know the game was gonna be narrated by him, what I meant is he's going to be doing the full game, and the game's events are not going to always directly reflect the film's events. He's literally going to be alternating some of the events that occur in film in order to endulge his own ego, and make the Galactic Rangers seem much cooler.

No, I know the game was gonna be narrated by him, what I meant is he's going to be doing the full game, and the game's events are not going to always directly reflect the film's events. He's literally going to be alternating some of the events that occur in film in order to endulge his own ego, and make the Galactic Rangers seem much cooler.

Yeah, pretty much. According to Insomniac, part of the reason is so that they can have an in-universe explanation and justification for altering some of the movie's scenes, like extending an action sequence. I personally think it's a cool concept. I kinda wish Ready at Dawn had done that with Daxter.

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

Yeah, pretty much. According to Insomniac, part of the reason is so that they can have an in-universe explanation and justification for altering some of the movie's scenes, like extending an action sequence. I personally think it's a cool concept. I kinda wish Ready at Dawn had done that with Daxter.

I'm pretty sure that's what Ready at Dawn did with Daxter actually.

Like the full story likely did have truth in it, but considering the final reveal shows it was Daxter telling the story, it's very likely he played up some aspects to make him seem like a bigger hero.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm pretty sure that's what Ready at Dawn did with Daxter actually.

Like the full story likely did have truth in it, but considering the final reveal shows it was Daxter telling the story, it's very likely he played up some aspects to make him seem like a bigger hero.

I know that, but I think it would have been funny to hear some of his narrations.