Awoo.

The Ratchet & Clank Topic - Rift Apart - RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2021

Ryannumber1gamer

Say I just noticed that if you get Full Frontal Assault digitally(which honestly is the best deal price wise), you also get Deadlocked for free, that seems like a good deal to me, though I probably won't do it today. the digital port of Deadlocked doesn't have any issues does it? I have it physically on PS2, but always nice to have stuff accessible 

It doesn't have any game breaking issues, but it has a lot of new glitches, and the framerate can drop when there's a lot of enemies on screen.

It's still playable, and you can still have fun with it, it's just not as good as the original.

The frame rate issues present in Deadlocked were in the original PlayStation 2 version as well. You would think that would have been fixed in the HD re-release but nope. It's the same as back in 2005.

The main difference between the HD version and the original that I recall are all of the really bad clipping and morphing issues with the models in cutscenes and such.

The frame rate issues present in Deadlocked were in the original PlayStation 2 version as well. You would think that would have been fixed in the HD re-release but nope. It's the same as back in 2005.

The main difference between the HD version and the original that I recall are all of the really bad clipping and morphing issues with the models in cutscenes and such.

Sony's protocol on Classic's titles are that they have to be exactly as the original, or as much as possible. Doesn't sound too bad, and access is just the nice thing, being able to paly it without having to hookup my PS2(which is good since it's on the other side of the country right now). Though, Full Frontal Assault isn't a priority either, just looks like Digital is cheaper, but I'm not in a rush. Planning to get all 4 one physically though since that one is cheaper

A set of posters spotted on Tumblr:

027C6525-EF87-429E-9358-5100FB55B736_zps

6EEBFE22-77B3-46C5-B6EE-07CCB00D5805_zps

EE892AFF-7616-45EC-B19E-EE8A97E5EF44_zps

702890B7-8A02-4010-B7A6-2FFE4C3B2E5A_zps

9B2492AF-DE33-4CEE-8AFC-B8F3170A0788_zps

CDDE9E7D-8C37-4E29-A340-113C4F96D3F8_zps

• Thumbs Up 1

While the posters don't have the classic innuendoes, I'll take the slogan as innuendo enough.

The posters look really darn cool. But they just seem so basic. But that's movie posters as per usual.

While the posters don't have the classic innuendoes, I'll take the slogan as innuendo enough.

The posters look really darn cool. But they just seem so basic. But that's movie posters as per usual.

Keep in mind that some of this stuff I posted is fairly old. When the producers were originally gearing for a 2015 release date (hence the third and fifth ads) before deciding on a year later. They'll definitely be pushing ads for the celebrity cast like Giamatti, Stallone and such.

Also, the "it takes a pair" tagline is pure Ratchet.

Keep in mind that some of this stuff I posted is fairly old. When the producers were originally gearing for a 2015 release date (hence the third and fifth ads) before deciding on a year later. They'll definitely be pushing ads for the celebrity cast like Giamatti, Stallone and such.

Also, the "it takes a pair" tagline is pure Ratchet.

Ah, didn't see them there. I'm darn near blind, I tell ya! Maybe the newer posters will look more like the cover of the game? I could see that working, and it looks much better than these near basic posters.

And now that I think of it, on the poster it could say "The movie based on the game!" And the game cover says "The game based on the movie based on the game!" Just like in the trailer.

"It takes a pair"? Man, that completely flew past me. At least the innuendo is there, or it ain't really Ratchet at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Kicking some asteroid" sounds corny as hell. At least the others had double entendres but I can see why some of those would never fly, especially since this is aimed for a younger audience (I hope I'm proven wrong).

You know what I would love to see coming out of this? An art book of both the production of the film and game. Filled with character designs, storyboard panels, background studies, etc... I'm surprised they never released one for the 10th anniversary.

If that came out as a special edition, I'd have more reason to get a PS4. The game is already enough reason, but this would make the decision solid.

Lol it takes a pair. XD Classic Ratchet and Clank tag line right there! I have to say the posters look pretty meh though. I think the posters will get better though once we get closer to release date.

Unless I end up with a robust income down the line, I'll be waiting until the end of the generation to get a PS4, so I can be patient(and hope there will be more than 1 ratchet and Clank on it). As it goes now, I only need Tools of Destruction so I can play thought the future saga, and I want the spinoffs to play with my cousin who I get the feeling I'll be hanging with quite a bit at the end of the summer

Edit: Managed to pick up Tools of Destruction and All 4 one complete in case! can't wait to play through the sage and give the experiment a go

So, I'm thinking about getting Tools of Destruction on the PS3. Should I consider getting it? (I have Crack in Time on Disc).

So, I'm thinking about getting Tools of Destruction on the PS3. Should I consider getting it? (I have Crack in Time on Disc).

It's a solid game, I'm almost done playing through it(a replay, but first time in a number of years), its more polished than the PS2 games, but most say it's rougher than a Crack in Time. Great story though, but you need Quest for Booty to truly bridge the two

It's a solid game, I'm almost done playing through it(a replay, but first time in a number of years), its more polished than the PS2 games, but most say it's rougher than a Crack in Time. Great story though, but you need Quest for Booty to truly bridge the two

I actually got Quest for Booty for free from Into the Nexus. (It's called Ratchet and Clank Nexus where I live). Also, how's the story in Tools of Destruction?

The story in Tools of Destruction is the main reason it's worth playing, to be entirely honest. It's a solid game on its own and it introduces some of the most prominent weapons and mechanics known to the series but it lacks polish. It kind of grabs a bit of everything from all of the PlayStation 2 titles but doesn't execute it as well in my opinion. Definitely worth playing tho'.

I've always thought Tools of Destruction was bit of a let-down (not as bad as A4O and FFA) of the main series a few years after it was released, to be honest. It's the weakest in the Future trilogy. It's just not as entertaining, overall, has much less laughs, takes itself surprisingly a bit too seriously, a lot of the weapons aren't that fun (save the Groovitron and Zurkon) and the worlds aren't all that, either, beyond the very first. It feels rushed and is more like a special effects spectacle to show off the PS3's power really.

Maybe it's just me, I haven't played TOD in years but after recently watching a gameplay clip on YouTube, it's not as great as I remember.

Tools of Destruction is a very pretty Going Commando. It does a lot of nifty things and everything in it is polished to perfection; which makes it all the more odd that there are so many little things where noone stopped and thought "this is so obnoxious"

• Thumbs Up 1

Well just beat it, enjoyed it, but after some sly, it's time to go on to Quest for Booty for the first time(say that one's a little more polished than TOD right? I enjoyed TOD, but there were some parts that were more than a little contrived and hard unless you use exactly the right thing

Well just beat it, enjoyed it, but after some sly, it's time to go on to Quest for Booty for the first time(say that one's a little more polished than TOD right? I enjoyed TOD, but there were some parts that were more than a little contrived and hard unless you use exactly the right thing

• 1 month later...

The Ratchet PS4 demo is playable in several Gamestops in the USA.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ratchet-and-clank-ps4-e3-demo-reportedly-in-some-gamestop-stores/

I seriously fucking wish Sony would give some love to those in the UK. The UK never get these demos.

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer

• 1 month later...

We may finally get a trailer of the movie this Friday according to this:

7C7915CF-1FDB-4A58-B9EA-809B6453DBDD_zps

Mwhahah, Trailer

AWESOME We're Getting Nefarious's origin in this!

Also Nefarious is now the creator of the Sheepinator, sweeettt

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind
  • Thumbs Up 8