Awoo.

The Ratchet & Clank Topic - Rift Apart - RELEASE DATE: June 11th 2021

Ryannumber1gamer

To be fair, the graphics and animations got much better by Going Commando.

I love the Ratchet and Clank series with a passion, love it. I love the characters, weapons, humor and worlds. I've been a fan of it ever since I played the first Ratchet and Clank game from the original series back in my freshman high school years since I was into games that go boom. The Future series was definitely a step up for me in terms of humor and story.

Although, I haven't come back to the series after finishing Crack in Time, which I enjoyed very much, but for some reason I had felt the urge to avoid All 4 One. I want to try out Into the Nexus and see how that can fill my tastes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah the Future series I think was a pretty major step up in a lot of ways, but Crack in Time in particular was just sooooo good. Far and away the best game in the series.

Just beat Nexus for the first time (playing it on the Now Beta). Really nice game, but it's surprisingly short. You only visit five planets. Yeah I knows it's got challenge mode and extreme mode to add replay value (which is fine with me), but still, it's length is disappointing. You don't get much of a story. Of course I haven't played ToD or Crack in Time yet, so once I've played them no doubt the overall story will make more sense and feel more complete. Good to hear ToD and CiT are longer games.

The gameplay in Nexus is very similar to the originals. The Controls for Clank in the 2d stages took a bit getting used to, but other than that no complaints.

I'm currently playing through challenge mode in Nexus (on Hero difficulty). It was quite easy to get all the parts for the Ryno 7 thanks to the treasure locater. 

If I was to buy a retail copy of Nexus for my PS3, I wonder if I would be able to use my Nexus save file from the PS3 version which I am playing via PS Now. The data for PS Now games shows under a "PS3 save data" folder on my PS4.

Once I've finished challenge mode in Nexus, I will probably start playing ToD.

Just beat Nexus for the first time (playing it on the Now Beta). Really nice game, but it's surprisingly short. You only visit five planets. Yeah I knows it's got challenge mode and extreme mode to add replay value (which is fine with me), but still, it's length is disappointing. You don't get much of a story. Of course I haven't played ToD or Crack in Time yet, so once I've played them no doubt the overall story will make more sense and feel more complete. Good to hear ToD and CiT are longer games.

The gameplay in Nexus is very similar to the originals. The Controls for Clank in the 2d stages took a bit getting used to, but other than that no complaints.

I'm currently playing through challenge mode in Nexus (on Hero difficulty). It was quite easy to get all the parts for the Ryno 7 thanks to the treasure locater. 

If I was to buy a retail copy of Nexus for my PS3, I wonder if I would be able to use my Nexus save file from the version PS3 which I am playing via PS Now. The data for PS Now games shows under a "PS3 save data" folder on my PS4.

Once I've finished challenge mode in Nexus, I will probably start playing ToD.

You can't. Sony's already confirmed that PS Now saves are separate and held in a cloud save, 

As disappointing as All 4 One was, I don't really think it's a bad game at all. It has issues but I definitely had my enjoyment with it. Full Frontal Assault isn't really terrible either. This series actually has zero bad games.

If Into the Nexus is any indication (which I'm pretty damn sure it is), the key to the series' quality is Brian Allgeier's involvement. Before Into the Nexus started development, the last Ratchet game that he worked on was, you guessed it, A Crack in Time. Into the Nexus is a budget title that was released at half your typical price at launch, and you know what? It sits comfortably in my top three favorite Ratchet and Clank games. I think it's better than Going Commando.

The only reason why I wouldn't ever put Into the Nexus above A Crack in Time is because it was a budget title, to be honest. I fucking love everything about that game. The weapon selection is smaller, but every single weapon is amazingly fun to use and none of them are slouches in combat. Even Up Your Arsenal, which tops the whole series as far as weapon selection goes, has a few duds in it. The presentation is great, the story is great, and it makes a point of throwing in various call backs to not just the Future saga, but the entire fucking series starting from the original. The entire final stage in the game is blatant fan service for long time fans that's fucking amazing, okay?

For me, Into the Nexus is the new standard. They're going to use it as the base for this new Ratchet game, I'm sure of it. That's also the complete opposite of a bad thing. Y'all are going to think I'm spouting blasphemy, but that's truly how I feel as a long time, crazy dedicated fan of this series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Into the Nexus was a pretty damn good game. Although, If I remember right, I think there was one or two useless weapons. other than that though, it's pretty damn awesome

Into the Nexus was a pretty damn good game. Although, If I remember right, I think there was one or two useless weapons. other than that though, it's pretty damn awesome

Great! :D I'll get when I have the chance!

If there's no reboot, there's not really much left for me to discuss.

I'm stoked for the film and game either way.

So you're gonna just stick your nose up at fucking children and tell them to their faces "if money is an issue you shouldn't be gaming"? Unreal.

Given children don't usually have incomes, I would think I didn't need to clarify I wasn't really talking about children there.

Though if their parents don't exactly have money either, I'd stand by my statement and suggest finding a cheaper way to keep one's children entertained. You're reading too much into the term "gaming," assuming I meant gaming altogether, when the context was regarding spending money on them. I see no fault in borrowing stuff as you mention you often did. I never really borrowed, but I sure rented a lot.

I'm sorry if my remark hit you close to home (based on the experience you describe), but I think there was miscommunication.

When I was a kid I only had like 1-2 games and I played them for a year straight.

Just watched the Did You Know video...

I knew Going Commando was made on a tight schedule, but the fact Ratchet 1 was churned out in just a few months is insanely impressive. What did they have that Big Red Button didn't?

I already knew every bit of information in that DidYouKnowGaming video because I am the greatest.

..Or a huge fucking loser but I'm just gonna go with the greatest.

I knew most of it and I can't help but feel similar.

Can we be tied for greatest? Is that possible?

Yeah, I knew the majority of stuff in that video as well.

Also, here's a old Ratchet cartoon.

So, considering the film's apparently been shown at Cannes... has there been any real idea on how it's been received at the festival? I'm curious.

Guess they're still keeping it under wraps huh? =[

ermagerd @ dat Ratchet and Clank 1 screenshot right there. Hopefully it won't be too hard for me to get into the game, even though the graphics look so weird.

Then again Jak and Daxter looks weird and I played that just fine!

Found this on Twitter:

21B0D80D-B1F4-4E66-A22B-0CB8589D4BCC_zps

Only problem is that the two female characters looking generically bland.

Found this on Twitter:

I've only been a fan since 2013.

I knew about the series as a kid, yes. I actually wanted to play the games. Yet I didn't until 2013.

Decided to check out the HD collection. I had fun, though I am so glad Ratchet grew out of his personality in the first one.

A Crack in Time and Into the Nexus did the best job of showing how much he grew since the first one. From being obsessed with revenge and such to trying to talk people out of their obsessions, explaining that they can turn you into something you aren't.

Plus, the first one gave Ratchet a voice that reminded me of Toon Disney's dying days. Thank goodness the sequels changed that, and made James Arnold Taylor the voice for Ratchet without looking back.

I do hope the film has his personality from the sequels, though. I can't imagine his personality from the first one gelling well with a general audience. That wasn't the best first impression.

Found this on Twitter:

Okay, yeah they're rather bland. But honestly I have no problem with these two female characters looking the way they are. My problem is that they made these two female characters without showing us fucking Sasha Phyronix since they've already said the Galactic Rangers are involved.

But I'm actually gonna let them slide for this, because I'm not seeing much to be upset about if the game writers are on board. They might surprise us.

The second girl looks like a character from some 90's cgi cartoon. Hopefully they improve that. :x

They really couldn't just use Talwyn and Sasha instead of creating two generic characters?

• Thumbs Up 3

They really couldn't just use Talwyn and Sasha instead of creating two generic characters?

Well they definitely couldn't use Talwyn because she's all the way in the Polaris Galaxy and wouldn't know about them at this point.

Well they definitely couldn't use Talwyn because she's all the way in the Polaris Galaxy and wouldn't know about them at this point.

Considering the film's delayed by an entire year, I really hope they do something about the female designs. They look so bland, especially for something as wildly imaginative as the R&C universe.

Just to compare how bland those designs are. Here's some of the females we've had to far.

851857-talwyn.png

Vendra-Prog-233708-full.png