Awoo.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest

Jin.

It's not just the casual death mode that made Awakening more accessible though. The ability to grind out unit levels and supports made much more accessible to inexperienced players.

It also made it so that players could basically get all the supports they wanted (something that you would never be able to do in say, PoR) and use the characters they want on their team, rather than the ones that are most useful. 

• Thumbs Up 4

It's not just the casual death mode that made Awakening more accessible though. The ability to grind out unit levels and supports made much more accessible to inexperienced players.

It also made it so that players could basically get all the supports they wanted (something that you would never be able to do in say, PoR) and use the characters they want on their team, rather than the ones that are most useful. 

Which is moot if your character dies, lol.

Because I sucked at the game Donnel died 9 times out of 10. And yes, I played Casual because it was my first FE game.

Your units can die in Awakening?

Yes.

Yes they can.

ESPECIALLY if you're doing DLC maps.

It wasn't necessary to have this Phoenix mode, but I don't care. I'll probably go the Casual route again anyway, like I did with Awakening. =P

Priam gave me nightmares. ;_;

But I managed to get him on my second try.

Anyways, has anything been said on whether marriage will play a part in this game?

Marriage, I reckon might be less of a thing. Because like, all of the MCs we've seen in this game seem related to Kamui. Whether adopted or not.

Yes.

Yes they can.

ESPECIALLY if you're doing DLC maps.

I forgot about the DLC lol. Future PAst caught me by surprise when I couldn't just tank everything.

Marriage, I reckon might be less of a thing. Because like, all of the MCs we've seen in this game seem related to Kamui. Whether adopted or not.

Incest hasn't stopped this series before

Priam gave me nightmares. ;_;

But I managed to get him on my second try.

ironically that's the map I love just throwing my MC in alone (Chrom hidden in that over water corner with a Peg. Knight) just to watch him destroy Priam's army singlehandedly.

wincest

I forgot about the DLC lol. Future Past caught me by surprise when I couldn't just tank everything.

Yup. That, the challenge stages and Apotheosis. The Dread Knight and Limit Breaker maps were sort of challenging until you figure out a trick or tank it with the MC or Morgan.

Ah, how could I forget

You also forgot about Lucina/Cynthia/Kjelle/Morgan and Owain.

You also forgot about Lucina/Cynthia/Kjelle/Morgan and Owain.

?

What are you talking about? They're just companions.

• Thumbs Up 1

?

What are you talking about? They're just companions.

huehue

not on event tiles they're not

or the japanese version

fire_emblem_awakening20f56.png

So, the Weapon Triangle is slightly different in Fire Emblem If.

The Weapon Triangle, which has been a mainstay in the Fire Emblem series since 1996, will see a reform in the upcoming Fire Emblem If for 3DS, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. Instead of the standard swords over axes over lances, it’s been changed to swords and magic, over axes and bows, over lances and dark weapons.

In brief, swords and magic are stronger than axes and bows, while axes and bows are stronger than lances and dark weapons, and lances and dark weapons are stronger than swords and magic.

I'll fix formatting later. Weapon triangle got a rejig.

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/fire-emblem-if-changes-up-the-weapon-triangle

Well that's

Confusing

Swords > Axes > Lances > Swords was atleast somewhat realistic.

I don't see how a "Dark Weapon" is in any way more powerful than a Sword moreso than an Axe or Lance. And by that logic, wouldn't Magic just straight out beat all of them?

I think they're trying to make it more needlessly complicated for the sake of being complicated.

I'm intrigued. Though I doubt the weapon triangle will matter in Hoshido.

Also on the subject of the removal of durabillity and an argument in favor of it: The final stretch Radiant Dawn is still a bitch even with it.

This change really doesn't make any sense. Also sucks that Magic is apparently compiled together in one weapon type again. *sigh*'

EDIT:

Apparently "Dark Weapons" are also known as "Concealed Weapons":

"Hidden Weapon" (for lack of a better term) refers to concealed weapons, like knives, I guess. These are wielded by Ninjas, Maids and... Butlers. They are weak, but can reduce enemy stats.

More info:

http://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/36hglp/famitsu_21st_may_leak/

I always forget there's a weapon triangle since my units kill everything in two hits regardless of weapon in Awakening so

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Concealed Weapons are basically Knives, Daggers, and Shurikens. We have seen Shurikens in previous trailers.

Really love those Ninja classes, though. It does seem like there's class variants on both the Hoshido and Nohr sides. So I'm hoping to see Soldiers back. There's a new "Lancer" class as well, which is apparently a Hoshido class. Which makes since; all the Hoshido class names remove references to western-styled army names like "Knight" and "Soldier", etc.

There is a character named Elfie who really looks like a Soldier, and there's Hoshido lancers seen in the original trailer as well. We'll probably also see "Thief" as the Nohr equivalent to Ninja.

Do you think they'll censor Camilla for US audiences? Her outfit's a little iffy... But on the other hand, I think other T rated games have gotten away with worse, so IDK. I didn't notice she wasn't wearing pants, which is why I ask. XP

Do you think they'll censor Camilla for US audiences? Her outfit's a little iffy... But on the other hand, I think other T rated games have gotten away with worse, so IDK. I didn't notice she wasn't wearing pants, which is why I ask. XP

Probably not. She doesn't look nearly as bad as Tharja. She's mostly covered up, though you can barely see her (er... thong?): http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/0/00/Camilla_feif.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150516125651

Tharja's horrible; almost her entire outfit is see-through. Honestly, Camilla is tame by comparison.

Probably not. She doesn't look nearly as bad as Tharja. She's mostly covered up, though you can barely see her (er... thong?): http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/0/00/Camilla_feif.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150516125651

Tharja's horrible; almost her entire outfit is see-through. Honestly, Camilla is tame by comparison.