Awoo.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest

Jin.

The trailer made hint of it through the way the logo intersects at the end.

I must've looked away right when they showed that, so I didn't catch it.

Well there's supposed to be a "Limited Edition" that packages the full game.

Could be another Bayonetta 2. Physical release includes both games, digital you can buy separately.

Well, I guess a Bayonetta 2 situation would be ideal for a game like this (at least how it was handled in the US). I'll have to pay a little more attention to see how it gets rolled out eventually.

I just realised that Kamui is barefoot

They're making up for everyone have stumps in Awakening.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was almost interested, and then half the game is DLC.  Actually, no, according to the quoted details from the Japanese Direct, two-thirds of the game are DLC.  I am never being tricked by this series again.

Now I'll have to do one path male and the other female

i'll pick male on the one with the maids

Not liking this one bit. Intelligent Systems was being pretty weird with the DLC in Awakening, and then they go with...this. In what way does Fire Emblem need to be Pokemon?

It's a way to artificially increase sales. Even Awakening didn't break 600,000 the first month (or year, can't remember)

• Thumbs Up 1

Not liking this one bit. Intelligent Systems was being pretty weird with the DLC in Awakening, and then they go with...this. In what way does Fire Emblem need to be Pokemon?

because money

money that i'll give them

i already have all the awakening dlc

• Thumbs Up 2

Not too thrilled about some of these character designs. Older FE games always had protagonists with really bright hair and stuff, but it was at the service of making everyone look distinct in a game where you have to manage a lot of units. Some of these guys look ridiculous, though. Awakening was a similar case, which is weird because that game also had a mix of really good character designs too. 

The split story is kind of interesting, though, and I'm hoping that the sides aren't portrayed as being strictly good and evil. I hope the story gets as complex as they promised.

Created characters are not my thing in games like this, either. By games like this, I mean Japanese games where your character is pretty much either entirely written for you, or you have a small list of things you actually influence that aren't totally superficial.

I feel like with a lot of what I've seen, they're pandering to the crowd that jumped on board with Awakening. Which is fine, and I expect it since that game was popular, but I don't really know if it's going to be something that appeals to me. I'm still excited though, really.

I guess you could say I'm a little....IFFY. 

tumblr_mlq4md7nFI1qho6i8o10_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

I guess you could say I'm a little....IFFY. 

get out of my topic

real talk I get what you're saying tho

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they'll just release this as one game in north america.

I can't see the game doing so well if it released like that here.

I wonder if they'll just release this as one game in north america.

I can't see the game doing so well if it released like that here.

If they're seperating it it might just be digital only.

I honestly hope it still sells well because I want more FE games coming over.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think they're gonna do anything digital only. I just don't think they talked about it because the game is farther away in NA and Europe. I genuinely think they're releasing it in the same form in all territories. 

If it comes over here as digital only it's dead to me.

A sequel to one of the highest selling 3DS titles.

Digital only.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So some of the text was translated on the official site:

Fire Emblem if Hoshido
A story focusing on protecting your Hoshidan birthplace and royal relatives from the Nohrian invasion. Outside the main story, you can earn experience and funds and freely develop your characters; perfect for those who enjoy freedom.
Fire Emblem if Nohr
In this story, you work with the Nohrian royal family to battle the internal conflicts within Nohr itself. Compared to Hoshido, the difficulty is higher, with limited opportunities to earn experience and funds.

Looks like the Nohr storyline will be a return to form of sorts. Little to no grinding. 

• Thumbs Up 5

They're taking advantage of the split at least. One Fire Emblem game that leans more towards casual fans and the other more towards hardcore. I like it.

I do like that the two games are not only different scenarios, but also different gameplay styles as well. They're certainly giving plenty of reasons to actually own both, unlike Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 2