Awoo.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest

Jin.

I do like that the two games are not only different scenarios, but also different gameplay styles as well. They're certainly giving plenty of reasons to actually own both, unlike Pokemon.

Agreed, at least they're significantly different overall.

What they didn't tell you, is that to unlock the true ending, you must complete both versions 100%! Replay Value! 8D

I do like that the two games are not only different scenarios, but also different gameplay styles as well. They're certainly giving plenty of reasons to actually own both, unlike Pokemon.

To be fair, the point of alternate versions of Pokemon games isn't for you to buy both for the full experience. It's so that kids would trade with their friends who have the other copies of the game, adding a group element to the experience, and encouraging others to buy it.

To be fair, the point of alternate versions of Pokemon games isn't for you to buy both for the full experience. It's so that kids would trade with their friends who have the other copies of the game, adding a group element to the experience, and encouraging others to buy it.

That aspect was kind of blown to shit with the age of wifi

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I wish Pokemon would make one version of their games more difficult or least have the hard mode enabled off the bat.

Ugh, but I'm still conflicted, which side do I choose!?

Look at those two little girls calling you brother, you expect me to choose one and make the other sad!?.....I can't!

Honestly, the Oracle Zeldas seem like the better comparison than Pokémon here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I wish Pokemon would make one version of their games more difficult or least have the hard mode enabled off the bat.

Ugh, but I'm still conflicted, which side do I choose!?

Look at those two little girls calling you brother, you expect me to choose one and make the other sad!?.....I can't!

Pick a waifu

Pick male for the side she's on

• Thumbs Up 2

Coming from the US PR for the Direct:

A New Fire Emblem Game: For the first time in the series, the main playable character is not only a customizable avatar, but also the main hero or heroine of the game. Players must choose to take one of two major paths, resulting in two different experiences: the “Hoshido” side for a more traditional experience, or the “Nohr” side, which makes the story more complex and the difficulty level more challenging. The new Fire Emblem game will launch for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in 2016.

The UK also mentions just a game. And in Japan, there actually is a version that has both games on the cart alongside other physical stuff. I think we're just getting one cart, guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

Coming from the US PR for the Direct:

The UK also mentions just a game. And in Japan, there actually is a version that has both games on the cart alongside other physical stuff. I think we're just getting one cart, guys.

That's what everything seems to imply. The split thing is probably a Japan only thing for Japanese gamers that like getting things in shorter batches.

Ah, but the Japanese limited edition will also include the third storyline.  Will it be the same for the western edition?

Ah, but the Japanese limited edition will also include the third storyline.  Will it be the same for the western edition?

Edit: Somehow misread above post as indicating the reverse of what it actually meant?  Just wait and see the western edition paywall on-cartridge content, though.

Did anyone else notice something about FemKamui's feet...

2qa92kp.jpg

Ah, I got optimistic and thought the intention was that the western editions would contain both campaigns at an increased retail price, a.k.a. the honest way to sell the game.  How foolish of me.

?????

If the game is sold with both versions in one, it'll include the third story.
The third story is given to you once you have both stories.

2qa92kp.jpg

...That its going to kill cosplayers' feet?

• Thumbs Up 3

2qa92kp.jpg

Well I guess we know why Awakening characters didn't have any!

Oh shit, I just had a thought: What if one version has a more limited run than the other?

mfHxFlG.png

Weapon durability seems to be based on the background color of the weapon icon now, instead of a set number.

Kinda makes sense - the more red your weapon's at, the closer it is to breaking apart, and it's a clear visual indicator, but the lack of numbers means you better have a backup weapon in case you haven't memorized the weapon's durability count and it breaks on you in the middle of the map.

The Beaststone doesn't have that background. Considering Kamui can use the stone, it makes sense that this is the item of his/hers that can't break.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's anything like awakening, durabillity won't be an issue once you get armsthrift.

In awakening, if you choose luck as your best stat, maxing it out makes it so your weapon never degrades.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's assuming Armsthrift is back in anyway, much less reconfigured so that the skill activates by just skill stat with no multipliers.