Awoo.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest

Jin.

did you see those boob physics

Anyway the trailer looked pretty cool. I just hope there aren't too many endings.

Apparantly Nohr will be like classic FE games, no map grinding and the likes, with Hoshido being more like Awakening.

I'm not actually that good at kanji so I'm waiting for Serenes to give most translation, but since Athy asked, here's the vocal translation, minus the song:

(remember, I'm not a pro, some of these could be slightly off)

Hoshido woman: Thank goodness...
Gallon: I'll let you live... My child!/as my child!

Marx: Admirable.
Camilla: Are you alright?
Blonde imouto: Big brother! (Cutesy)
Ryoma: That's right.
Hinoka: [weeping]
Sakura: I'm just so happy/relieved...

Ryouma: Come here!
Sakura: Big brother..! (Respectful)
Marx: Come back to us...
Blonde imouto: Big brother..! (Cutesy)

Marx: Why would you...
Ryouma: Come on then.

Ryouma: (I'm not actually sure what they're saying here)
Marx: You will die in the name of justice... I will be the one to do this!

Why do I feel like the Nohr side... Cares just a bit more? I need to hold strong for Hoshita for Felicia

also can i just say that blonde nohr mage guy looks alpha as fuck

Edited by Ice Lord Jin

iirc the Nohr king's line was more along the lines of "I'll let you live as my child."

Looks like I'll definitely be siding with Nohr. They're the best. XP

I wonder if these games will be released separately overseas too or bundled together with DLC.

Looks like I'll definitely be siding with Nohr. They're the best. XP

I wonder if these games will be released separately overseas too or bundled together with DLC.

Yeah it seems like it's more suited for a single game package overseas, since Fire Emblem is more of a niche thing. I know Awakening is the best selling FE game in the west but could two copies a la Pokemon sell big numbers too?

Yeah it seems like it's more suited for a single game package overseas, since Fire Emblem is more of a niche thing. I know Awakening is the best selling FE game in the west but could two copies a la Pokemon sell big numbers too?

Hard to say. Awakening was a large gem among a lot of other 3DS titles at the time but it might be harder for FEi to stand out now. Even moreso if it's split in two games, since it's rather niche, compared to Pokémon.

Honestly I'm not convince two versions even makes sense in Japan. It seems like all it would do is impede on the sales of both.

• Thumbs Up 1

Impeding on the sales of both would make sense if the games weren't being made by the same developer, and even the same team. Intelligent Systems and the distributor are making the exact same amount of cash no matter the version bought.

The only way sales would take a hit is if one game overwhelmingly outsells the other to where it goes out of stock, and people get so fickle that they won't buy the "casual trash" or "teh hardc0rz " version. I don't see that happening.

• Thumbs Up 2

if the game is still split here you can buy the other story as DLC for about 15 euros/16 USD

• Thumbs Up 1

So I imagine we're getting the downloadable version where you choose the path ingame as a boxed version here in the West.

• 2 weeks later...

Marth and Lucina will be DLC characters at launch, along with "Pegasus Knight" Minerva at a later date.

A photo from Japanese website Inside Games provides a look at the “Dark War Volume”. This has a download code for “The Prince of Altea, Marth” while the “Awakening Volume” starter deck contains a code for “The Swordsman Who Goes By Marth, Lucina”. Additionally, the booster box features a preview card of the next series of cards and a code to get “Pegasus Knight Minerva” in Fire Emblem If.

There are also plans to release “White Kingdom” and “Black Kingdom” card series based on Fire Emblem If. Other than that, a third series known as “Trace of Blue Flames” is due out at some point.

Fire Emblem fans in Japan can purchase the first series of cards on June 25 – the same day Fire Emblem If launches. Pricing for the starter deck is set at 1,300 yen, and booster packs cost 350 yen.

These download codes are found on the revived FE TCG card packs; no information on how Marth and Lucina will be obtainable overseas yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I get that they want to promote their new card game, but I'm not really digging this idea. There's already two "versions" of the game to get, and a third path can be downloaded for a price. Does this game need more DLC? 

The art from the cards looks nice though. I hope we'll see some of that stuff high-res online. 

EDIT: Why are the guys in the video who bring in the giant card packs wearing hard hats? is this game THAT dangerous?

Pegasus Knights promote to Wyvern Knights in Shadow Dragon, so maybe it's a mythology gag. Or maybe FE14 brings back that particular promotion tree for Pegasus Knights along with the Falcon Knight promotion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it is true that in FE1/Shadow Dragon Pegasus Knights promoted to Wyvern Knights. That's probably why Minerva is being added as a Pegasus Knight. I don't think Pegasus Knights will promote to Wyvern Knights in this game, honestly.

I can never have enough Marth in my games. Hoping this comes overseas as DLC, which it prolly will.

Will the cardgame be releasing overseas?